HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

van-phi-fla

Old
09-08-2012, 11:13 AM
schneider3509

vCash: 500
van-phi-fla

I want the canucks to look younger in the next couple of years but also still being a contender so here is my proposal

Philadelphia trades
Briere
Rinaldo
B. Schenn

Vancouver trades
Edler
Lack
Schroeder
Booth

Philadelphia does this because there d is very weak and they also get a very young goalie who is proven in the ahl but not the nhl and they also get a young prospect and booth a consistent 20 goal scorer

Vancouver does this because they get a young center man in schenn and they also get the playoff performer in Briere and a playmaker for kes. The nucks also get a gritty 4th liner in Rinaldo who is basically a goon.

Florida trades
Versteeg
Theodore
Matthias

Vancouver trades
Luongo
Raymond
Hansen

Florida does this because they get an elite goalie who just passed his prime but is capable of 35 wins. They also get Raymond who is inconsistent but could become a 20 goal scorer. They also get one of the best 3rd liners in the league in Hansen

Vancouver does this to get more support for kes in versteeg and they also get a solid 4th liner in Matthias. Theodore is also capable to get 12 to 15 wins.

New lines

Twins bur
Briere kesler versteeg
Higgins schenn Matthias
Rinaldo lapierre kassian

Bieksa hamhuis
Garrison Ballard
Foster tanev

Sign foster for 1 year 1.5 million

Schiends
Theodore

Sum up

We Loose

Hansen
Luongo
Edler
Schroeder
Lack
Raymond
Booth

We gain

Schenn
Versteeg
Matthias
Briere
Theodore
Matthias
Rinaldo

Overall a solid team with a scary 1st and 2nd line a capable scoring line in the 3rd and a scary hard hitting 4th line. Downside is we loose Edler but hoping Ballard can produce with garrison. If we need to sign Edler first we should before trading because he only has 1 year left.

edit: CM

Last edited by schneider3509: 09-08-2012 at 11:41 AM.
schneider3509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 11:21 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
This really doesn't even make us that younger.

And it really is ridiculous.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 11:25 AM
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP

It seems like HFBoards doesn't know how to process a Florida trade without involving Luongo in it. This is never going to happen, and it is singled sided.

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 11:30 AM
schneider3509

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
It seems like HFBoards doesn't know how to process a Florida trade without involving Luongo in it. This is never going to happen, and it is singled sided.
Nucks fan only trade with Florida only because of Luongo just to let u now.

Old
09-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Esq.

Not happening from the Flyers' point of view. I don't think the value is terrible, but Briere is not going to be traded and Schenn is here to stay now that we've acquired his brother.

96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

The only thing that would make sense involving Philly would be something like a signed Edler + Tanev for boh Schenns, which I would consider doing, however we do overpay in this proposal, and Briere is like 35 years old, as well as not going anywhere.

Old
09-08-2012, 11:38 AM
schneider3509

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
Not happening from the Flyers' point of view. I don't think the value is terrible, but Briere is not going to be traded and Schenn is here to stay now that we've acquired his brother.
Thankyou the value is somewhat there but would swapping schenn fort Simmonds work

Old
09-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Cheddabombs
Status Quo

The fact that these trades have the Canucks losing both Lou and Lack in the end is reason alone to simply laugh at them...

Cheddabombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 11:43 AM
schneider3509

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddabombs View Post
The fact that these trades have the Canucks losing both Lou and Lack in the end is reason alone to simply laugh at them...
The reason behind trading lack is because ilya Bryzgalov sucks and I don't want a Luongo schiends part two. Huge distraction last year.

Old
09-08-2012, 11:47 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schiends35 View Post
The reason behind trading lack is because ilya Bryzgalov sucks and I don't want a Luongo schiends part two. Huge distraction last year.
Yeah we ended up winning the President's trophy and only lost to the eventual cup winners while our top 2 scorers were injured...

Old
09-08-2012, 11:58 AM
schneider3509

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Yeah we ended up winning the President's trophy and only lost to the eventual cup winners while our top 2 scorers were injured...
True but don't u think it plays mind games on goalie. luongo was constantly looking over his shoulder last year and in my opinion playing in van is hard enough. Personally I think Luongo did well under the pressure but looking over hid shoulder for Schneider added to that eventually breaking him.

Old
09-08-2012, 12:03 PM
Esq.

Quote:
Thankyou the value is somewhat there but would swapping schenn fort Simmonds work
In terms of value, I'd think swapping out Lack for a prospect that better suits the Flyers needs would be enough. I just think that realistically Briere will play out his contract in Philly due to his NMC and playoff resume, and moving Schenn after bringing in his brother seems highly unlikely. Edler would be awesome for the Flyers though, replacing Timonen after this season. I like Booth as well. We kind of need Simmonds because he brings a unique quality to our team and our depth at wing isn't as good as our center depth. Schroeder would offset the loss of Schenn somewhat, but he couldn't replace Simmonds very well.

Old
09-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Cheddabombs
Status Quo

Quote:
Any team would feel much more comfortable going in with a Schnieder/Lack combo than Schnieder/Theodore tandem any day. Why would the Canucks trade Lack now anyway? There is no reason to, let him at least get his feet wet in the NHL to see how he handles it. If the situation arises where they have a problem, and I use problem loosely because having two great tenders is far from a problem, similar to Lou/Schnieds then they would end up getting a much bigger return on Lack.

And I know on HF we operate under a "what have you done for me lately" mentality but the Flyers fall these past playoffs was not just a cause of Bryz playing poorly. The first round was a cluster**** of poor defense and poor goaltending on everyones' part. However, the second round I'd argue that Bryz was one of the best Flyers that series. Dont be so hasty to start gathering goalie prospects to replace Bryz.

Old
09-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Esq.

Quote:
Whether or not Bryz sucks, his contract means he's our starter. So Lack won't take that position. Bryz's uncertainty also means we need a veteran backup behind him rather than a young prospect. Plus we have plenty of goalie prospects. Lack is valueless for us.

Old
09-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddabombs View Post
Any team would feel much more comfortable going in with a Schnieder/Lack combo than Schnieder/Theodore tandem any day. Why would the Canucks trade Lack now anyway? There is no reason to, let him at least get his feet wet in the NHL to see how he handles it. If the situation arises where they have a problem, and I use problem loosely because having two great tenders is far from a problem, similar to Lou/Schnieds then they would end up getting a much bigger return on Lack.

And I know on HF we operate under a "what have you done for me lately" mentality but the Flyers fall these past playoffs was not just a cause of Bryz playing poorly. The first round was a cluster**** of poor defense and poor goaltending on everyones' part. However, the second round I'd argue that Bryz was one of the best Flyers that series. Dont be so hasty to start gathering goalie prospects to replace Bryz.
The first part is very untrue. If feel far more comfortable of Schneider's back up this season was a veteran goalie rather than a rookie, Theodore would be perfect. Lack's deal is structured in such a way where he is very likely to spend a good portion of this season in the AHL, and then take a full time NHL job the season after when Schneider has a full season under his belt.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 01:24 PM
Cheddabombs
Status Quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
The first part is very untrue. If feel far more comfortable of Schneider's back up this season was a veteran goalie rather than a rookie, Theodore would be perfect. Lack's deal is structured in such a way where he is very likely to spend a good portion of this season in the AHL, and then take a full time NHL job the season after when Schneider has a full season under his belt.
Maybe that was just my dislike for Theodore talking there then. I believe Schnieder has done his fair share to prove he can handle the starting position in Vancouver. Another year in the AHL would be great for Lack but if need be he has already performed great down there and it might be good to see how he handles some starts in the NHL.

Old
09-08-2012, 01:41 PM
Boooooth10

Versteeg? You gotta be ****ing me.

Boooooth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
Versteeg? You gotta be ****ing me.
One thing I never understood is that if we ask for prospects, Florida can't give up any good prospects because they aren't contenders yet and are in the midst of a youth movement. If we ask for roster players, it's Florida needs all the help it can get right now, they can't afford to give up roster players.

Which one is it? Are futures or roster players more expendable to Florida?(Not just for Luongo, but in general)

Old
09-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
One thing I never understood is that if we ask for prospects, Florida can't give up any good prospects because they aren't contenders yet and are in the midst of a youth movement. If we ask for roster players, it's Florida needs all the help it can get right now, they can't afford to give up roster players.

Which one is it? Are futures or roster players more expendable to Florida?(Not just for Luongo, but in general)
Well..there is option C. Keep the roster players they have and develop the youth....maybe?

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 02:41 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:

We do not want to give up a roster player that contributes a big percentage of the teams goals, especially when you consider that we arent a big scoring team. We arent going to give up anything major for Luongo, because its more of a want than a need. IF Tallon were to move any high draft picks and/or a top tiered prospect, it would be for a scoring forward. I dont know why this question keeps coming up, since it has been explained 100 times already.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
We do not want to give up a roster player that contributes a big percentage of the teams goals, especially when you consider that we arent a big scoring team. We arent going to give up anything major for Luongo, because its more of a want than a need. IF Tallon were to move any high draft picks and/or a top tiered prospect, it would be for a scoring forward. I dont know why this question keeps coming up, since it has been explained 100 times already.
I said, not just for Luongo, but in general what Florida finds more expendable, futures or roster players.

Old
09-08-2012, 03:02 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Please stop. These are ridiculous and terrible, both of the trades you've proposed.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 03:27 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

This gotta stop..

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
I said, not just for Luongo, but in general what Florida finds more expendable, futures or roster players.
Its a little confusing I bet but its neither actually. But thats because the roster players they have now are stopgaps while the futures develop. The team still wants to be competitive now which means those roster players are valuable.

But the management knows that the youth needs time before they're ready. In other words, the team isnt ready to make big trades right now outside of taking cap dumps (like Campbell) for cap dumps or minimal deals that dont include most of the top 10 prospects. If you're looking to make a deal with FL, you basically have to understand that the best you're going to get offered are 4th liners, tweeners, depth players, etc. because they're not contenders or tanking so they dont need to move any good assets.

Hope that explains things better but I thought this was kinda self-evident.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Its a little confusing I bet but its neither actually. But thats because the roster players they have now are stopgaps while the futures develop. The team still wants to be competitive now which means those roster players are valuable.

But the management knows that the youth needs time before they're ready. In other words, the team isnt ready to make big trades right now outside of taking cap dumps (like Campbell) for cap dumps or minimal deals that dont include most of the top 10 prospects. If you're looking to make a deal with FL, you basically have to understand that the best you're going to get offered are 4th liners, tweeners, depth players, etc. because they're not contenders or tanking so they dont need to move any good assets.

Hope that explains things better but I thought this was kinda self-evident.
Thank you, that basically helps me understand, that's all I wanted.