HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

The Official 2013 Draft Thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-08-2012, 02:07 PM
QuietOnTheFront
@QuietOnTheFront

vCash: 500
I have season tickets to the Vancouver Giants so I'll be able to give some insight on players like Jones, Lazar, Shinkaruk and Pulock.

Old
09-08-2012, 10:13 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 50
http://www.thescoutingreport.org/201...y-top-30-1-15/

Old
09-08-2012, 10:18 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Gotta think that if we do have a lockout and we start rolling with the kids, we might end up in the bottom 10 and have a great shot at landing our next stud. 2013 is so much more talent heavy near the top as well as throughout the first round +.

A bit of a shame that we don't need a goaltender in terms of prospect because Fucale is the next kid that could challenge for a top 10 pick. Someone could even go all Carey Price on him and pick him near 5 he is that good.

Old
09-08-2012, 10:38 PM
derriko

vCash: 4116
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietOnTheFront View Post
I have season tickets to the Vancouver Giants so I'll be able to give some insight on players like Jones, Lazar, Shinkaruk and Pulock.
I hope to see Pulock again this year. I went to 2 Brandon games or so last year when they came to Seattle so i could watch Stone. I didn't even know about Pulock or Roy. They impressed me a lot. I don't think we will be able to draft Pulock, due to where he's being projected, but I could see us getting Roy.

That's going to be one of the best d-pairings in the whole CHL next year.

Old
09-09-2012, 03:59 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Pulock to me has potential to put up more points and be a more offensive player then Jones at the NHL level.

Old
09-16-2012, 07:40 AM
JonnyMacSen
Divide and Conacher

I'm surprised Sportsnet isn't jumping on the chance to promote there "Friday Night Hockey" with the lockout happening, alittle promo could go along way to attract viewers desperate for hockey.

At this point I have no idea if there going to do it again this year, I'm obviously hoping they do.

Old
09-16-2012, 09:36 AM
Pilgore88

Anything lower than 12th overall, I want Zach Fucale, and I am a guy who hates taking goalies early, he is that good.

Old
09-16-2012, 09:50 AM
Marvelous Manked
Director of Glitter

I really don't think this draft will live up to the hype.

The top end talent, hell yes, it's one of the best we've had in awhile. However, I think outside of the Top 6 or 7, it's an average at best draft class.

Old
09-16-2012, 01:20 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

All we need is a top 3 pick. That's not asking too much from Bettmans rigged pinball machine is it?

Old
09-16-2012, 07:36 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
I really don't think this draft will live up to the hype.

The top end talent, hell yes, it's one of the best we've had in awhile. However, I think outside of the Top 6 or 7, it's an average at best draft class.
I disagree. I think you have a real shot at drafting a future star all the way through the 1st round and into the 2nd. I'm blown away by the skillset of this draft class.

Old
09-16-2012, 07:43 PM
Marvelous Manked
Director of Glitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil View Post
I disagree. I think you have a real shot at drafting a future star all the way through the 1st round and into the 2nd. I'm blown away by the skillset of this draft class.
Meh.

Every single year, we see the same thing.

I mean believe it or not, this past draft class at one point was projected to be one of the better ones.

Old
09-16-2012, 07:52 PM
WantEggRoll

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
Meh.

Every single year, we see the same thing.

I mean believe it or not, this past draft class at one point was projected to be one of the better ones.
Same thing happens with free agency. OMG Perry and Getzlaf are going to be free agents this year! Then those players all resign slowly throughout the year and we're stuck with a bunch of scrubs come July 1st.

Old
09-30-2012, 09:51 AM
JonnyMacSen
Divide and Conacher

Just found this, looking forward to seeing some hockey from the other CHL leagues in good quality every Friday night!

http://www.sportsnet.ca/pressroom/20..._night_hockey/

Old
09-30-2012, 01:43 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
The Murrays have said in the past that if they have two prospects rated equal that they will draft the defenceman. They mention that a top 4 defenceman are harder to find and acquire then a top 6 forward.
Which is funny, how many times did we hear BM say he wants to get a top 6 forward?

Old
09-30-2012, 01:50 PM
derriko

Quote:
Pulock to me has potential to put up more points and be a more offensive player then Jones at the NHL level.
I dont think that statement will be too uncommon by the end of the year. Its Jones skating for his size, and his defensive awareness that makes him a better prospect. Pulock is a much better ofd though.

I ony saw Jones once against Seattle so far, but to be honest, I wasnt impressed.

Old
09-30-2012, 02:15 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post

I ony saw Jones once against Seattle so far, but to be honest, I wasnt impressed.
Are you implying that you are doubting that Jones is as good as the people who have watched him repeatedly over the years say he is?

He may end up pretty close to Cowen's size with skills and intelligence that are obviously much greater.

Old
09-30-2012, 04:48 PM
derriko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Are you implying that you are doubting that Jones is as good as the people who have watched him repeatedly over the years say he is?

He may end up pretty close to Cowen's size with skills and intelligence that are obviously much greater.
Im not sure where you got that implication from, as it definentely wasnt my intention. I said Jones was a very good prospect. I watched one game of his so far, so I cant really take anything as fact, besides that he is a great skater for his size. He did play soft in what was a pretty physical game though that could be attributed to his inexperience in the dub, but the Pronger comparisons arent accurate imo. The main thing I took out of the viewing was how raw he is. For a prospect projected to go top 3, there is a pretty good risk factor there to his projections.

And you might be underrating Cowen here. We all know where he was projected to go before his knee injury, and I think he is pretty similar to Seth. They are both plus skaters for being 6'4-6'5, and play both ends of the ice well (in junior that is, but I believe Cowen will get there)

Cowen is a monster physically, and Jones is more cerebral, positional defensive guy. I didnt see Cowen his rookie year in Spokane, but I did see him 20 times or so in the years after that. Dont forget Cowen was the pp quarterback for Spokane, and that team was amazing. Jones did handle the puck slightly better, but they both treat it like a live hand grenade.

Ultimately, I think Jones will get rid of the early season jitters and end up going top 3 or so, but if it were up to me, I might take someone else safer. I think everyone aroud him has a lot of upside, but are more developed at their age. Thats all Im trying to say.

Old
09-30-2012, 10:42 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Which is funny, how many times did we hear BM say he wants to get a top 6 forward?
Really has nothing to do with the fact they would take a defenceman over a forward if rated equally. It's simply a more glaring need at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
I dont think that statement will be too uncommon by the end of the year. Its Jones skating for his size, and his defensive awareness that makes him a better prospect. Pulock is a much better ofd though.

I like Pulock a bunch. I don't love him like I did Rielly at the start of the year last year, and I don't think he will be as good, but as far as I am concerned he's still a top player to be considered for that top 10 and to me he's the in talk for one of the top defenceman in the draft...

Old
09-30-2012, 11:54 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Quote:
Really has nothing to do with the fact they would take a defenceman over a forward if rated equally. It's simply a more glaring need at the moment.
I was pointing out the irony in the Murrays saying it is easier to get a top 6 forward than it is a defenceman, and since the trade deadline Murray has been telling us that he is trying to get another top 6 forward.

I found it funny.

Old
10-02-2012, 08:53 AM
Pilgore88

Nick Sorenson is a guy that interests me, I wouldn't be opposed to looking at him from 20-40.

Once he is traded in the coming weeks I believe his stock will begin to rise as he is in the spotlight on another team.

Old
10-02-2012, 09:28 AM
JonnyMacSen
Divide and Conacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
Nick Sorenson is a guy that interests me, I wouldn't be opposed to looking at him from 20-40.

Once he is traded in the coming weeks I believe his stock will begin to rise as he is in the spotlight on another team.
Hopefully he gets traded to Gatineau

Old
10-15-2012, 04:02 PM
Kenny Bania
Thats gold Jerry!

ISS has their first list out. Monahan at 4 behind Barkov. Really don't understand why they have Vlajkov as a "faller". Never thought he was that highly regarded in the first place.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...kings-for-2013

Also interesting that they have Horvat in the first round but no Domi.

Old
10-15-2012, 04:24 PM
Marvelous Manked
Director of Glitter

I think the Top 4 rankings are correct.

So far Barkov has done a lot better than Monahan.

Old
10-15-2012, 04:30 PM
sg58

Out of Europe, Barkov and Lindholm are amazing talents. Didn't really get to watch Granlund enough in his draft year, but Lindholm is the most talented Swedish forward since Bäckström for sure.

Old
10-15-2012, 05:56 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Bania View Post
ISS has their first list out. Monahan at 4 behind Barkov. Really don't understand why they have Vlajkov as a "faller". Never thought he was that highly regarded in the first place.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...kings-for-2013

Also interesting that they have Horvat in the first round but no Domi.
Vlajkov was more of a dark horse prospect that is in the right position to really raise his stock with how many holes we had to fill on this team.

Unfortunately for him, he hasn't played well.

Closed Thread