HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Video Game Talk (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
09-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Jamin

vCash: 500
Saw in the bestbuy flyer this weekend Arkham City is 20 bucks off. Anyone who likes batman should get this game. It takes everything of Arkham Asylum and makes it better. Combat and gadgets are way smoother, graphics better. Good plot, a mix between the Nolan realism and the far out there of comic books/cartoons

Old
09-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
Saw in the bestbuy flyer this weekend Arkham City is 20 bucks off. Anyone who likes batman should get this game. It takes everything of Arkham Asylum and makes it better. Combat and gadgets are way smoother, graphics better. Good plot, a mix between the Nolan realism and the far out there of comic books/cartoons
I bought it two weeks ago at futureshop for 30 bucks. Do not regret it at all.

Old
09-02-2012, 08:02 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Mikowsky View Post
I bought it two weeks ago at futureshop for 30 bucks. Do not regret it at all.
those batman games are really good. really really good. every time i watch batman, i have to go home and play this game and kick some ass

Old
09-08-2012, 01:03 PM
czar99

vCash: 50
Is anyone playing the digital copy of NHL 13 yet?

Old
09-08-2012, 02:27 PM
bucks_oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by czar99 View Post
Is anyone playing the digital copy of NHL 13 yet?
I was playing this morning and last night before getting stuck here at the auto dealership all day waiting for an oil change.... grrr.

I lost all 4 games I played last night by a single goal. It bothered me a bit that the CPU tying and go ahead goals ALWAYS came in (nearly) the next shift after I would score a go ahead.

This morning I played 2 more games... winning both (incl a 3 - 0 spanking of the flamers). I scored a few goals in a flurry (though in this case I was happy). Hall is a beast.

I'm playing on modified All-Star.... but given the above, I'm hoping I can find a "come back logic" slider and turn it down... it feels very contrived (worse than past years) with the flurry goals and last minute heroics.

Overall though it is an improvement so far... need more playing time!

Old
09-08-2012, 02:32 PM
InUtero
Oilers!

Anybody know if Bestbuy does a midnight release?

Old
09-08-2012, 02:52 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

I wrote a mini review in the Fantasy hockey section, and I complained about the rosters.....little did I know there was some Day one downloadable rosters available

Yakupov is 62....didn't edit him at all, gonna play a season see how he develops, since he's 4.5 stars.

Old
09-08-2012, 05:17 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightEdge View Post
Anybody know if Bestbuy does a midnight release?
I would like to know this too. I ordered mine from the 17th street one too and I wouldn't mind picking it up at midnight (Since I work til 11)

Old
09-08-2012, 06:53 PM
bzur

I'm not sure I'd call this trade system improved.. Maybe I just don't understand it fully yet, but i'm getting tired of making reasonable proposals, now being told basically "dude, have you even looked at my trading block?" then getting offered a 2nd and a 3rd for rick Nash 3 times in just over a month.

Old
09-08-2012, 08:20 PM
InUtero
Oilers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Oilers View Post
I would like to know this too. I ordered mine from the 17th street one too and I wouldn't mind picking it up at midnight (Since I work til 11)
I was in South Common today and asked there. The guy said he hasn't heard anything but for a big game like NHL there usually is one and to just check the bestbuy website for updates

Old
09-08-2012, 08:26 PM
BlueChip01
HFBoards Sponsor

I LOVE this years game. Very realistic.

Skating is really neat. You have to watch your speed. Its great streaking down the wing with Hall. Lots of acceleration.

Old
09-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzur View Post
I'm not sure I'd call this trade system improved.. Maybe I just don't understand it fully yet, but i'm getting tired of making reasonable proposals, now being told basically "dude, have you even looked at my trading block?" then getting offered a 2nd and a 3rd for rick Nash 3 times in just over a month.
So in other words Ea released an expansion pack and charged full price like they have been doing since what 08 or 09. They never fix fundamental mistakes that hurt gameplay but always improve 1 or 3 superficial items a year and everyone keeps buying the game

Old
09-08-2012, 09:19 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
So in other words Ea released an expansion pack and charged full price like they have been doing since what 08 or 09. They never fix fundamental mistakes that hurt gameplay but always improve 1 or 3 superficial items a year and everyone keeps buying the game
Not really, the biggest flaw in the game in my opinion has been looked at which was the skating. Now you can tell the difference between Taylor Hall and Shawn Horcoff when they cut across the middle of the ice. I tried to cut a hard corner with Eager and blew a tire completely, and I find the little danglers don't fair as well online.

Which brings me to my question though. Is there a hfOil EASHL team for XBOX?

Old
09-08-2012, 09:25 PM
Girth

I'm thinking about pre ordering Borderlands 2, just for the extra content with it. Is there a retailer that lets you pre order online, then pick it up in store? I don't want to wait on the shipping.

Old
09-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girth View Post
I'm thinking about pre ordering Borderlands 2, just for the extra content with it. Is there a retailer that lets you pre order online, then pick it up in store? I don't want to wait on the shipping.
not that i'm aware of, but i'm getting it from steam for the dlc character/class

Old
09-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Girth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyse View Post
not that i'm aware of, but i'm getting it from steam for the dlc character/class
I've never pre-ordered a game, but extra character seems worth it. And also the vault hunters relic. PS3 for me, so I guess I'm making two trips to the store.

Old
09-09-2012, 03:44 AM
alanschu

Xcom!!!!!!!!

Old
09-09-2012, 08:19 AM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Those who are interested in a cheap Xbox and want a discounted game, Best Buy has a deal right now. Buy an xbox 4 GB System (reg price $200) for $149.99 and then on top of that, you save $20 on ANY game including the pre-orders! I tried NHL 13 with the xbox and it was discounted 20 bucks (Plus with a pre-order you get 800 reward points which is 10 bucks back as well towards your next purchase!) pretty awesome deal IMO.

Old
09-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Jamin

Never buy the 4bg bundle because you must include the extra $100 for a hard drive.

For example you cant play firefight in Halo because it needs more space. There are other games that dont work as well, surprisngly alot of games need the hard drive space so you lose out on some game modes.

Not to mention for example the last ME3 dlc was 1.4 gb. So you can never get any dlc. So pre-order bonuses and free content could not be used. So those free 800 microsoft points are almost more of a burden then a curse. Most xbox arcade games are at least 500 mb to a gb.

For example Gears of War 3 comes with free map packs right at launch, thats over half the hard drive right there.

My friend got a 4gb for free for buying a laptop and he doesnt even use it for the reasons above

Old
09-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Psychoil

Hey guys there's no midnight release at bestbuy for NHL 13. There is gonna be a midnight release at eb games if i remember correctly

Old
09-09-2012, 07:52 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoil View Post
Hey guys there's no midnight release at bestbuy for NHL 13. There is gonna be a midnight release at eb games if i remember correctly
That's stupid. I was hoping there would be since I live next to the freaking best buy on 17th street and whitemud

Old
09-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Never buy the 4bg bundle because you must include the extra $100 for a hard drive.

For example you cant play firefight in Halo because it needs more space. There are other games that dont work as well, surprisngly alot of games need the hard drive space so you lose out on some game modes.

Not to mention for example the last ME3 dlc was 1.4 gb. So you can never get any dlc. So pre-order bonuses and free content could not be used. So those free 800 microsoft points are almost more of a burden then a curse. Most xbox arcade games are at least 500 mb to a gb.

For example Gears of War 3 comes with free map packs right at launch, thats over half the hard drive right there.

My friend got a 4gb for free for buying a laptop and he doesnt even use it for the reasons above
I think you misread what I said. You get 800 BEST BUY points towards a purchase. Not Xbox points. Plus I would assume someone would buy the system and buy a bigger HDD. But I know what you mean by space.

Old
09-09-2012, 08:29 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Quote:
Completely agree. It's stupid and frustrating actually. Decent game but still so much wrong that they haven't attempted to fix in years it seems like.

Old
09-09-2012, 08:38 PM
InUtero
Oilers!

Quote:
That's stupid. I was hoping there would be since I live next to the freaking best buy on 17th street and whitemud
On twitter ea sports told me I can still go to EB games to get the Eberle cover and his autograph I might go to that

Old
09-10-2012, 02:11 AM
Enlighten

Quote:
I think you misread what I said. You get 800 BEST BUY points towards a purchase. Not Xbox points. Plus I would assume someone would buy the system and buy a bigger HDD. But I know what you mean by space.
If You have an old 360 model hard drive (white or elite) you can actually break the case on it and remove the HD to use in the new model Xbox. I bought a 4G and used my old elite HD

Closed Thread