HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Islanders-Kings.

Old
09-08-2012, 09:41 AM
Spitsfan67*

vCash: 500
Islanders-Kings.

To Islanders:
John Bernier
Andrie Loktionov
Tyler Toffoli

To Kings:
Anders Nilsson
Kyle Okposo
Travis Hamonic
2nd 2013

Islanders Get A Great Young goalie in Bernier, a guy who can steal games...Dipietro hasent worked out obviously the way he wanted or the islanders wanted, they would have to trade him in a seperate move....They also get Skilled Russian forward Loktionov who can stick handle in a phone booth and the guy has tremendous upside he can be an impact player one day, they also get a good young Sniper who has put up great numbers in the OHL and will Be a good NHL'er.

Kings get Nilsson a good Big(6'5) young goalie who will be a good back up behind Quick, the also get Okposo who's a good 2nd/3rd Line power forward and will look great in a Kings Uniform they, they also get a good young Defensive defenseman in Hamonic who will be a great 3/4 Dman one day in this league.

Is this FAIR? IF NOT Tell me why and say what you would add to whatever side to make it an even deal.

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Nucks N Canes

Hamonic wouldnt get traded for all those pieces alone. Hamonic is their future #2 if he isnt already. Maybe if you switched him to de haan isles might think about it, but even then tey have poulin/nilson which are pretty comparable to bernier. And loki and toffoli havent played in nhl (or well in nhl) while okposo had a very strong second half.

Nucks N Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 09:52 AM
Spitsfan67*

Toffoli is a 50 goal a year and 100 point player in the O whos to say he can't be a 30 goal scorer and a 75 point getter atleast in the Nhl

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 09:54 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
To Islanders:
John Bernier
Andrie Loktionov
Tyler Toffoli

To Kings:
Anders Nilsson
Kyle Okposo
Travis Hamonic
2nd 2013

Islanders Get A Great Young goalie in Bernier, a guy who can steal games...Dipietro hasent worked out obviously the way he wanted or the islanders wanted, they would have to trade him in a seperate move....They also get Skilled Russian forward Loktionov who can stick handle in a phone booth and the guy has tremendous upside he can be an impact player one day, they also get a good young Sniper who has put up great numbers in the OHL and will Be a good NHL'er.

Kings get Nilsson a good Big(6'5) young goalie who will be a good back up behind Quick, the also get Okposo who's a good 2nd/3rd Line power forward and will look great in a Kings Uniform they, they also get a good young Defensive defenseman in Hamonic who will be a great 3/4 Dman one day in this league.

Is this FAIR? IF NOT Tell me why and say what you would add to whatever side to make it an even deal.

Take out Bernier.
Poulin, Nilson, and Koskinen are the isles top goalie prospects.Nilson/Poulin are developing well in the AHL and Nabakov will be holding the fort in 2012-2013. They won't trade anything signficant for another goalie

Take out Andrie Loktionov.
Isles are high on the potential of center prospects Strome, Brock Neilsen, Cizikas, Sundstrom and Ullstrom. Strome/Nelson both have 2nd line potential.
HF kings fans have been posting, about how physically weak Loktionov has looked at center. Not much interest in him as either a center or a converted winger.

Tyler Toffoli would be nice to have but imo Isles would probably prefer to stick with their own top forward prospects:Strome, Nino, Kabanov, Brock Nelson.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 09:59 AM
Nucks N Canes

Quote:
Toffoli is a 50 goal a year and 100 point player in the O whos to say he can't be a 30 goal scorer and a 75 point getter atleast in the Nhl
I think you just answered your own question right there. And how many 50 goal, 100 point ohl players become great nhlers? I highly doubt nyi wpuld give over a proven young dman and forward for basically one forward prospect. Especially when they arent far apart in age. I say this because loki hasnt proven hes an nhler and the goalies are basically an even swap in value.

Nucks N Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 09:59 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucks N Canes View Post
Hamonic wouldnt get traded for all those pieces alone. Hamonic is their future #2 if he isnt already. Maybe if you switched him to de haan isles might think about it, but even then tey have poulin/nilson which are pretty comparable to bernier. And loki and toffoli havent played in nhl (or well in nhl) while okposo had a very strong second half.
That was my thought, but didn't feel like enduring another : Isles fans overrate Hamonic' debate

OP offers up 2 players the isles would have no interest in acquiring:John Bernier and Andrie Loktionov, along with a prospect they would not overpay for.

In exchange the isles trade 2 young core players+ a top goalie prospects+ a 2nd

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 10:04 AM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Corey Locke.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Chairman Wang

Isles fan... No thanks. I will not address the value of the deal per se. I am motivated by my wish to see Hamonic spend his career on the Isles. I appreciate his game very much.

Chairman Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 10:25 AM
Dr Quincy

Isles get hosed in value and hosed harder in need. They need Hamonic far more than any piece they get back. And why is NY adding the pick when they clearly are giving up the better package of players?

Dr Quincy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Corey Locke.
Oh yeah, him and Perry always battling it out for OHL scoring title. One is now a terrific NHL player and Stanley Cup Champion while the other is... the other is... What ever happened to Locke?

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 10:44 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

I don't understand why other people don't understand that the Islanders don't need a goalie. They're not giving up their best young defenseman and probably best RW on the roster for an upgrade on Nilsson. Loktionov and Toffoli aren't needed with the Islanders' deep prospect pool.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 10:55 AM
Ronk

This doesn't fit needs for either side.

Ronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 10:59 AM
handyj

Trade makes no sense for NYI.

1. Nabokov is a serviceable goalie right now, and Nilsson and Poulin are two of the highest rated goalie prospects anywhere, so there's absolutely no reason to bring in Bernier. If anything Nilsson to Bernier is a lateral move that gives you a very slightly more NHL-ready goalie.

2. The Isles are loaded down the middle and their fans are proposing deals to try and swap a center for a winger. On the pro roster right now they have Tavares, Frans Neilson, and Josh Bailey, plus prospects like Strome, Cizikas, and Brock Nelson. This is a huge logjam that Loktionov would only add to, while further depleting their depth on the wing.

3. Toffoli would be a decent prospect to add, but he doesn't really bring anything special to the table, and as others have made reference to there are lots of players that light it up in the OHL and go nowhere in pro hockey. Right now I'd say his actual trade value isn't that high, his value is higher to the Kings right now in seeing how he develops and hoping he turns into a steal.

4. As others have also said, there's no way the Isles trade Hamonic unless it's for a large overpayment in the form of another D-man. This is another area of weakness for them and no reason they'd want to make the hole any larger.

Overall this trade only adds to positions where the Isles already have strength and takes away from their weaker areas, which needless to say is the opposite of what you'd intend to do. Not to be rude, but the OPer is constantly posting trades like this that make no sense whatsoever for one or both teams. Maybe try taking team and organizational needs into consideration when proposing trades instead of fantasy and random pieces.

handyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 11:21 AM
tsujimoto74

Burtal for NYI.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

vCash: 270
Terrible for the Isles...

Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 11:26 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyj View Post

1. Nabokov is a serviceable goalie right now, and Nilsson and Poulin are two of the highest rated goalie prospects anywhere, so there's absolutely no reason to bring in Bernier. If anything Nilsson to Bernier is a lateral move that gives you a very slightly more NHL-ready goalie.

2. The Isles are loaded down the middle and their fans are proposing deals to try and swap a center for a winger. On the pro roster right now they have Tavares, Frans Neilson, and Josh Bailey, plus prospects like Strome, Cizikas, and Brock Nelson. This is a huge logjam that Loktionov would only add to, while further depleting their depth on the wing.

3. Toffoli would be a decent prospect to add, but he doesn't really bring anything special to the table, and as others have made reference to there are lots of players that light it up in the OHL and go nowhere in pro hockey. Right now I'd say his actual trade value isn't that high, his value is higher to the Kings right now in seeing how he develops and hoping he turns into a steal.

4. As others have also said, there's no way the Isles trade Hamonic unless it's for a large overpayment in the form of another D-man. This is another area of weakness for them and no reason they'd want to make the hole any larger.

Overall this trade only adds to positions where the Isles already have strength and takes away from their weaker areas, which needless to say is the opposite of what you'd intend to do. Not to be rude, but the OPer is constantly posting trades like this that make no sense whatsoever for one or both teams. Maybe try taking team and organizational needs into consideration when proposing trades instead of fantasy and random pieces.
Everything is right in your post but the bolded. Bailey's being moved to LW this year, where he had most of his points. Most of us want a stop gap 2nd line center so Strome can go back to juniors and be ready next year. Loktionov would actually be a solid addition, but only as a quick stop gap.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 11:53 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

The Kings are going to lose at least one blue chip D prospect to waivers at the start of this season, we are so ridiculously deep in D prospects that are NHL ready that there simply isn't any way we would move our best O prospect for one.

I don't like this offer from a Kings pov at all.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
This is horrible for the Isles. If I was them I wouldn't trade Hamonic straight up for that entire package....

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 12:06 PM
88th Precinct
Pitchfork Acquired

Quote:
To Islanders:
John Bernier
Andrie Loktionov
Tyler Toffoli

To Kings:
Anders Nilsson
Kyle Okposo
Travis Hamonic
2nd 2013

Beat me to the punch....lol:

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyj View Post

Overall this trade only adds to positions where the Isles already have strength and takes away from their weaker areas, which needless to say is the opposite of what you'd intend to do.
Pretty much my thought on it. NYI don't need a goalie, Hamonic's absolutely off the table and the team needs to solidify defense rather than weaken it.

I'd entertain the idea of a swap if it were say, the right normally-C-that-can-play RW & D coming back. That immediately makes the Islanders and Kings horrible trade partners, as it's obvious as hell that Kopitar isn't going anywhere, and the only place Carter & Richards are getting split up anytime soon is NHL 13.

88th Precinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 01:20 PM
Sidney the Kidney
All zee Germans!

vCash: 80
That's a really bad trade for the Islanders. You're not going to get both Okposo and Hamonic for a package of untested/unproven prospects/players, especially when that package only has one guy (Bernier) who is less than a longshot to becoming a starter/top six/top four NHL player.

Breaking down the components individually, the Isles are giving up their #1 defenseman, their best RW, and arguably their best goalie prospect. In return they're getting a young goalie that definitely has starter potential and ... two prospects who are longshots to ever be impact players in the NHL.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 02:36 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Islanders would pass, what is being proposed from the KIngs wouldn't get you Travis Hamonic.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 02:38 PM
birddog*

Quote:
To Islanders:
John Bernier
Andrie Loktionov
Tyler Toffoli

To Kings:
Anders Nilsson
Kyle Okposo
Travis Hamonic
2nd 2013

Exactly how many games did Bernier steal last year?

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 03:03 PM
TurdFerguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Exactly how many games did Bernier steal last year?
I'm curious too. This guy has great AHL numbers but his NHL play has been underwhelming.

TurdFerguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 03:21 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

I don't see any logic for the Isles to make this trade for the many reasons already stated. At this point, I think the Isles are done with any major moves. Things could change if Visnovsky wins his grievance, but this is the team the brass is going with. Things could change whenever the CBA is done, but there are better options than this trade.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares

vCash: 50
Quote:
they also get a good young Defensive defenseman in Hamonic who will be a great 3/4 Dman one day in this league.
Yeah, one day...I'd say he will be a number two easy next season, if he isn't already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronk View Post
This doesn't fit needs for either side.
LA takes this and runs. I know there is a cap and roster part to it, but they take this and laugh.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote