HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

vancouver-winipeg-florida

Old
09-08-2012, 07:39 AM
ShootIt

vCash: 500
Just no. We'll keep Huberdeau, who will not be center more than likely his first couple years in the NHL.

Too much salary coming back to the Panthers, too.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 08:35 AM
broc

Easy no for us in Winnipeg.

broc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 08:41 AM
Beezeral

Panthers politely hang up the phone as soon as huberdeau's name is mentioned.

Unless a gm team with a truly elite player such as Stamkos, ovechkin, crosby, datsyuk, etc gets really drunk one night and drunkenly tries to trade his star, huberdeau will be wearing a panthers jersey for the foreseeable future.

Beezeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
All that for Huberdeau, Little, Mattias, Ellerby and whoever I've missed for Kesler, Booth, Luongo, Schroeder, Raymond and what ever I missed.

Is the OP insane? Why the hell would we do this? Why would Winnipeg? I mean Florida would be the one team I thought might, kind of, sort of, be on board with this (Kane vs. Huberdeau, Luongo+ for the rest of the offer is better then we usually offer up for the them) and even they are saying no.

We don't need, and shouldn't want, to dismantle our current team for futures.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 10:41 AM
SufferingCatFan

Panther fan here.

Yes. Please. Thank you.

We are taking back a lot of salary, but can afford it for a young No. 1 winger, an overpaid, no.1 goalie with a bad contract, a speedy, 3rd liner on an expiring contract and a decent prospect.

Note to panther fans: Huberdeau is a prospect, who may never score 30 goals. Kane is a young, durable star who has proven that he can score 30 goals in the NHL. Hence: kane>huberdeau

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 12:18 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by SufferingCatFan View Post
Panther fan here.

Yes. Please. Thank you.

We are taking back a lot of salary, but can afford it for a young No. 1 winger, an overpaid, no.1 goalie with a bad contract, a speedy, 3rd liner on an expiring contract and a decent prospect.

Note to panther fans: Huberdeau is a prospect, who may never score 30 goals. Kane is a young, durable star who has proven that he can score 30 goals in the NHL. Hence: kane>huberdeau
Im glad you and Tallon dont think alike.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Can you tell EDM fans to trade Yakupov for Steckel? Steckel scored last season, Yak may never. For some reason they don't want to do it though..

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 12:40 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
Can you tell EDM fans to trade Yakupov for Steckel? Steckel scored last season, Yak may never. For some reason they don't want to do it though..
The difference is Kane is already a stud. If Hberdeau were to have a similar development as Kane so far Panther fans shouod be very happy(although they play very different styles, but whatever)

If Yakupov followed Steckel's development, well...

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 03:02 PM
sully1410

Why wouldn't Vancouver just keep Kane?

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Why wouldn't Vancouver just keep Kane?
Because we'd need a number 2C.(who could be Huberdeau). But the entire thing is pretty ridiculous.

Old
09-08-2012, 03:17 PM
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP

Quote:
Panther fan here.

Yes. Please. Thank you.

Are you the OP in disguise?

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 03:33 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeX4cavalier View Post
Kane>>Huberdeau
For now, lets see how long that lasts..

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 03:34 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
Panther fan here.

Yes. Please. Thank you.

Not sure if this is sarcastic or not..

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 03:45 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 5949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Because we'd need a number 2C.(who could be Huberdeau). But the entire thing is pretty ridiculous.
You do realize Little is a center right?

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
You do realize Little is a center right?
Oops.

Yeah, why would we trade Kane, then...

Old
09-08-2012, 05:38 PM
SufferingCatFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Not sure if this is sarcastic or not..
Somewhat. In the real world, Kane goes nowhere; Huberdeau goes nowhere. But, I also believe that many Panther fans over value Hubs.

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 09:33 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
For now, lets see how long that lasts..
If Hubs follows Kane's development path, the Panthers are laughing. Kane is a former #4 overall pick that has proven he can score 30 goals at age 20. If Chevy offered Kane for Huberdeau straight up, you don't think Tallon would jump on that?

JetsHomer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 10:28 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Somewhat. In the real world, Kane goes nowhere; Huberdeau goes nowhere. But, I also believe that many Panther fans over value Hubs.
Most Panther fans understand how Tallon views him and that it would take a lot for him to be moved. Don't agree with your thoughts on the trade, either.

Last edited by Laus723: 09-08-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 04:37 AM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

The deal doesn't work at all IMO for Winnipeg, and regardless of how much I'd hate to move Kesler, the package deal of Kane and Little is far too much to pass up. Zero reason the Jets make the trade, and if the Canucks were able to land Kane, no way they ship him out for a elite level prospect in Huberdeau, they'd need an upgrade over Kane himself. Canucks come out of the Jets trade looking very good, and are thrilled with the return, the Jets not so much.

The trade with the Panthers, should make the Panthers thrilled. I know Huberdeau holds great value, I really do believe he's going to be a star in this league, a franchise level player for the Panthers, but the Canucks offer is too good to pass up. A trade of Kane for Huberdeau straight up, is a win for the Panthers, because of the fact that Kane is proven, and will only get better. Matthias for Schroeder is pretty much a wash, though personally I'd rather have Schroeder. Luongo moves out for Bergenheim and Ellerby, that's a steal of a deal for the Panthers, and adding Raymond a very serviceable bottom six guy who can PK and play in the Top 6 when need be is a great addition at no cost. Adding Kane and Luongo would push the Panthers into the Playoffs for a second straight year, and once there could do some serious damage. I know Florida fans will disagree but they make out like bandits, the only problem is the attachment we've grown to Huberdeau.

PierreMcGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 10:53 AM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

If you guys are being serious about not trading Huberdeau for Kane I am speechless. Kane is a 20 year old 30 goal scorer and Huberdeau has never played an NHL game and he isn't a Crosby, Lindros, Lemeuix level prospect not even close. They were drafted within one spot of each other and pedigree wise as prospects they are nearly identical. If any GM traded a proven commodity like Kane for an unproven one (with maybe slightly more potential) like Huberdeau they would be fired immediately.

Last edited by veganhunter: 09-09-2012 at 11:52 AM.
veganhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 04:29 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schiends35 View Post
We need a young all-star centre to take over Henrik and huberdeau will do that
Huberdeau is a winger. How many NHL All-Star games has he played in?

09-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Pantherfan12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 17 23 View Post
The deal doesn't work at all IMO for Winnipeg, and regardless of how much I'd hate to move Kesler, the package deal of Kane and Little is far too much to pass up. Zero reason the Jets make the trade, and if the Canucks were able to land Kane, no way they ship him out for a elite level prospect in Huberdeau, they'd need an upgrade over Kane himself. Canucks come out of the Jets trade looking very good, and are thrilled with the return, the Jets not so much.

The trade with the Panthers, should make the Panthers thrilled. I know Huberdeau holds great value, I really do believe he's going to be a star in this league, a franchise level player for the Panthers, but the Canucks offer is too good to pass up. A trade of Kane for Huberdeau straight up, is a win for the Panthers, because of the fact that Kane is proven, and will only get better. Matthias for Schroeder is pretty much a wash, though personally I'd rather have Schroeder. Luongo moves out for Bergenheim and Ellerby, that's a steal of a deal for the Panthers, and adding Raymond a very serviceable bottom six guy who can PK and play in the Top 6 when need be is a great addition at no cost. Adding Kane and Luongo would push the Panthers into the Playoffs for a second straight year, and once there could do some serious damage. I know Florida fans will disagree but they make out like bandits, the only problem is the attachment we've grown to Huberdeau.
Why? Luongo will get traded to Fla for something around (Upshall, Ellerby, maybe Matthias or Shore and a draft pick) That means we keep Bergy AND aquire Luongo. You can keep Kane. No argument about his abilities, but I'm sure Huberdeau will be equally as good, if not better. So we keep our 3rd line (fan fav) Bergy, our superstar in the making( Huberdeau) and aquire a top tier, #1 goalie in Luongo.

I am soooooo glad Tallon doesn't have anything to do with these threads. LOL

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 05:55 PM
rockinghockey

I would take Kane over Hubr at this point as Kane is proven.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Beezeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I would take Kane over Hubr at this point as Kane is proven.
you won't get an argument from anyone on that. If we had to pick teams for a game played tomorrow night, I would take Kane over Huberdeau every time. But there is a reason the Panthers organization is excited about Huberdeu, and we all can't wait to find out how it plays out over the next 3+ years

Beezeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Howboutthempanthers
No Bandwagon Allowed

Quote:
Panther fan here.

Yes. Please. Thank you.

Umm, no just, no.

Howboutthempanthers is online now   Reply With Quote