HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

No more Season Ticket Books - Replaced by Blue Jackets Season Pass

Old
09-07-2012, 07:50 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jag72 View Post
Not all STH's will get a pass printed at the door. I think it is pretty much only the flex plans that will get the pass printed. Full STH's will have their seat information printed on the card itself.
Your right I missed that.

Still I like the card, just not the fact the real tickets are going away. Guess my ticket collectIon for now on will be nothing but ugly PDFs.

09-07-2012, 08:18 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 582
I'll wait and see if I like this. I was given as a gift 4-5 games a year by companies I do business with, so I will be really interested if this affects those tix. I also preferred to buy cheap stubhub tix and sit upper bowl for some Tuesday night games instead of paying something like $45. So if the secondary market availability on stubhub is affected, I will be really disappointed.

The CBJ is marketing this as convenient, flexible and eco-friendly. I dont see this as flexible, and I'm not convinced this is convenient.

Finally, I logged onto ticket account, and I cant even print my tix right now. Hoping that is just because they aint loaded yet and there is no problems. And I havent received this card in mail yet, and I am assuming many of you already received it.

IBleedUnionBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 08:22 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedUnionBlue View Post
I'll wait and see if I like this. I was given as a gift 4-5 games a year by companies I do business with, so I will be really interested if this affects those tix. I also preferred to buy cheap stubhub tix and sit upper bowl for some Tuesday night games instead of paying something like $45. So if the secondary market availability on stubhub is affected, I will be really disappointed.

The CBJ is marketing this as convenient, flexible and eco-friendly. I dont see this as flexible, and I'm not convinced this is convenient.

Finally, I logged onto ticket account, and I cant even print my tix right now. Hoping that is just because they aint loaded yet and there is no problems. And I havent received this card in mail yet, and I am assuming many of you already received it.
Don't think anyone has gotten a card yet, just the info.

1857 Howitzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 08:54 PM
jag72

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedUnionBlue View Post
Should not impact the ticket market on StubHub any. You can still forward the tickets via email so you will be able to have the tickets attached to the sale just as before.

jag72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 09:05 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachACA View Post
Finally. You guys are complaining about this...when we don't even know if we have a season this year. Is this for backup, so when they announce the season is on and then we can b*tch about this? I love some of the tickets I have but man, get over it. And you also don't know if you can't talk to the ticket office about getting multiple cards that you can put specific tickets on so each person who shares in the PSL gets a separate card. The funny thing will be when in 3 seasons no one cares about this anymore.
The FAQs say that shared plan holders must print out the tickets, only one card per seat in the plan will be issued.

So, my group plan with three shareholders will have to divide and print each game individually. You cannot even select all 15 or so of the 45 games at once and have them printed.

If I didn't share a plan, make gifts of some tickets, or donate them to charity for raffles and such, I might be happy with the card. I just think it's a cheapo way to do things and the STH again have no options. If I was asked, I'd have said I prefer the paper tix. It just limits what I can do with my plan.

I guess for people with a 6 game flex or so it's not a big deal. Since I have basically two plans, one with my own PSL and another I share, it very much complicates things for me. I used to grab the top two tickets and off i'd go. Now I need to print off 15 tickets and grab my two cards for the other 22. If I want to give a gift or make a donation for a raffle, these are now PDF on printer stock instead of large, glossy STH tickets.

For the $7000+ I spend, print me some damned tickets.

Derby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 09:18 PM
BJfan
NobodyBeatsTheWiz!

So the yearly $20 delivery fee that gets me pissed every year is in fact this year for them to mail me a card? Bull****!

BJfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 09:24 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJfan View Post
So the yearly $20 delivery fee that gets me pissed every year is in fact this year for them to mail me a card? Bull****!
Good point, they did charge us that this year again.

I had a feeling this card was coming based on the results of the STH survey last year. They should have done more research and maybe even had some STH focus groups. I have a feeling they will be getting many calls and emails on Monday.

Old
09-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

I don't think this question has been answered yet and I haven't read my booklet cover to cover yet but I will be disappointed if there is no commemorative ticket of some sort for the All Star game (if it actually happens of course)

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 09:27 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post
I don't think this question has been answered yet and I haven't read my booklet cover to cover yet but I will be disappointed if there is no commemorative ticket of some sort for the All Star game (if it actually happens of course)
Me too, the fact that they included it in the check list make me fear full that this could be the case.

Did we pay a delivery on the ASG tickets? I can remember, but I do remember them saying tickets would be mailed in January.

Old
09-07-2012, 11:04 PM
BJfan
NobodyBeatsTheWiz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Me too, the fact that they included it in the check list make me fear full that this could be the case.

Did we pay a delivery on the ASG tickets? I can remember, but I do remember them saying tickets would be mailed in January.
I think it was $8 but I don't remember for sure. I would guess they will be hard tickets for that game as the league supposedly controls all tix to it. Always thought the delivery fee was bogus. It's not like I live too far away to go down and pick them up. At least give me a choice on it.

BJfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 11:41 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Just down the street (Clippers) is an organization that knows how to treat its fans.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 12:02 AM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Just down the street (Clippers) is an organization that knows how to treat its fans.
Minor league teams are always humble about things like this. When we had season tickets to the Spokane Chiefs, there was supposed to be a player/full season ticket holder banquet, which the then-head coach Al Conroy nixed just a few days before. To make up for it? The team gave us a bounty of free game vouchers to share with family members (I think it added up to 10 free games for 2 people), and the next year, after firing "Coach Hitler", team owner Bobby Brett (George Brett's younger brother) personally guaranteed that the team would make the playoffs for the first time in three years, or he would refund money to all season ticket holders.

I was torn - I didn't know to cheer for them or against them. They ended up making the playoffs and saving his wallet.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 10:24 AM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Wow, just came here to post this is the dumbest, most selfish move I have seen from a sports franchise in a LONG time. I really hope this doesn't catch on. This is just flat out lunacy.
How is this selfish?

I like how people complain about anything new, especially before they have even given it a chance to see what it is like. I have season tickets to UD basketball games and I love getting the actual tickets, but I would have no problem if UD did this.

Last edited by RDriesenUD: 09-08-2012 at 10:36 AM.
RDriesenUD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 10:55 AM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
How is this selfish?

I like how people complain about anything new, especially before they have even given it a chance to see what it is like. I have season tickets to UD basketball games and I love getting the actual tickets, but I would have no problem if UD did this.
It's not too hard to see how this is a problem for shared plan holders is it? Or gifting or donating tickets?

Old
09-08-2012, 10:58 AM
stoney17

vCash: 50
Oh no! What about the chili . . . if they score 3 goals in game????

stoney17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 12:36 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
It's not too hard to see how this is a problem for shared plan holders is it? Or gifting or donating tickets?
But this is "convenient" and "flexible" or at least that's the words the marketing department must have insisted the CBJ repeatedly use in all communications regarding this CBJ Season Pass card.

IBleedUnionBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 01:00 PM
cbjfan

A poster on the mains said it best (from my perspective):

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandV View Post
When someone's spending thousands of dollars to buy tickets from you, spending a few extra bucks to put it all into a nice little package is an expense you easily allow for.

cbjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 01:13 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Everything they tout as convenient and flexible has already been an option for several yrs . Forwarding tickets via email and printing tickets from any computer are not new features. Yep, for the money I spend, I'd like some tickets.

Old
09-08-2012, 03:01 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

I'll be honest, I don't care if I get a card, a paper ticket, or have to carry a life size Scott Howson doll with a bar code on it to get into games.

I just want to have games played and be able to get into them.

Old
09-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

I'll be honest here as well. I know humans are creatures of habit and don't deal with change that well but is everyone really that attached the a piece of cardboard with RJ Umberger, Jack Johnson, or James Wisniewski's picture on it? If so, go buy some hockey cards.

We've been able to forward and manage our tickets through our Blue Jackets account on the website if you have a ticket plan. That function isn't changing. If you split tickets between multiple people, just divide them and forward them on the website as you would have with paper tickets.

Its the 21st century and I fully expect that within the next few years, I'll be able to get into games by using the Passbook function on the upcoming iPhone iOS 6 instead of getting a card in the mail.

Old
09-08-2012, 04:10 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

If they'd be willing to load shared plan holders games onto separate cards, I'd be satified. It's not as easy as driving the cards to the person whose turn it is. One partner lives across the outer belt from me, and the other in Cinci.

I'd prefer they have given us a choice. In my circumstance, the card complicates not simplifies things.

Old
09-08-2012, 04:40 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

Quote:
If they'd be willing to load shared plan holders games onto separate cards, I'd be satified. It's not as easy as driving the cards to the person whose turn it is. One partner lives across the outer belt from me, and the other in Cinci.

I'd prefer they have given us a choice. In my circumstance, the card complicates not simplifies things.
But this is a situation where the person who has the account in their name uses the card and the shared user can simply print the tickets off on a computer. No need to drive 1/2 across Columbus or Ohio to exchange tickets.

Old
09-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Quote:
But this is a situation where the person who has the account in their name uses the card and the shared user can simply print the tickets off on a computer. No need to drive 1/2 across Columbus or Ohio to exchange tickets.
So I print the tickets, not the CBJ? For the amount of money I spend each season between my two plans (over $7000), I think they should accommodate me with either hard tickets printed by them, or a card loaded with my portion (15-20 GAMES) of that shared plan. Each game we attend has a ticket face value of $110 per seat. I think they ought to do that for us. That's all.

I've printed tickets before, I get how it works. I've used the ticket forwarding feature a few times. Printed tickets when I go straight to games from work and my tickets are at home. I'm just saying it's poor customer service for a pretty high priced entertainment investment.

They should print my portion of the shared plan tix or load a card with them. Why is that too much to ask?

Old
09-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

Quote:
So I print the tickets, not the CBJ? For the amount of money I spend each season between my two plans (over $7000), I think they should accommodate me with either hard tickets printed by them, or a card loaded with my portion (15-20 GAMES) of that shared plan. Each game we attend has a ticket face value of $110 per seat. I think they ought to do that for us. That's all.

I've printed tickets before, I get how it works. I've used the ticket forwarding feature a few times. Printed tickets when I go straight to games from work and my tickets are at home. I'm just saying it's poor customer service for a pretty high priced entertainment investment.

They should print my portion of the shared plan tix or load a card with them. Why is that too much to ask?
Regardless if you pay 110 bucks a game or 15 bucks a game like I do, you are paying for the product on the ice and not the method to get into the arena with that you are paying for.

Understandably, people may complain now but this is the price you pay for progress. This is version 1.0 of virtual ticketing. While you and others may consider it an inconvenience now, 5 years from now, the system should be far better than what we have been used to.

I agree with you that people who split ticket plans should be able to load tickets to their games onto a card. However, you manage that currently not the team. How does the team know what games to load onto what card if they gave us multiple cards? Perhaps an enhancement request for the ability for a user to manage ticket distribution between multiple cards on their account is a great idea and should be brought the the team and in turn the software provider that manages the software.

No system is ever perfect at first and will always be evolving as the find and prioritize how to make the system better. That's how we progress.

Old
09-08-2012, 06:22 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Quote:
Regardless if you pay 110 bucks a game or 15 bucks a game like I do, you are paying for the product on the ice and not the method to get into the arena with that you are paying for.
I am paying for the arena experience. I am paying a premium for all that comes with club seats. To say that I am paying for the product on the ice is naive. I can stay home, watch "the product on the ice" for the cost of my cable subscription.

The fact that I am paying to be there in person in premium seats deserves some attention in the way of service and convenience that is being ignored, IMO.

This is true for your $15 seats, too. With purchasing any arena plan, efforts should be made to accommodate the customer.

I am not livid, just head-shaking-disappointed. An unnecessary inconvenience for those of us who share a plan. I'd be happy to send an easy to read three column list to the CBJ of which games go on which of three shareholder's cards. Heck, load them onto my "other card" for my own half game PSL plan in the lower sidelines.

The "print them yourself" attitude irks me.