HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question re Forwards Role in loss to NJ

Old
08-15-2012, 12:08 PM
FlyingHigh13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
bottom line is devils were better than us plain and simple, you want to make excuses go ahead, devils had the mentality to beat us and the flyers dont, it doesnt what coach or player you have on this team, if the flyers dont have the mentality then you'll never win,

fans dont want to hear it but that's been the problem with this team for 37 years the mentality of winning, they never have it, until the flyers management get the right players that want to win, it's going to be long drought until new management or owner takes over because homer always gets the wrong players.
People arent making excuses.....everyone in this thread agrees the Devils outplayed us. Also, do not agree with the last part.

FlyingHigh13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 12:38 PM
toughfighter83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh13 View Post
People arent making excuses.....everyone in this thread agrees the Devils outplayed us. Also, do not agree with the last part.

ok, which part? do you flyers need more vet players?

toughfighter83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 01:04 PM
FlyingHigh13

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
ok, which part? do you flyers need more vet players?
IMO, I believe that the Flyers will win a cup in the near future. They just have to develop their prospects and current young core. Also, Holmgren is a top 5 gm in the NHL. I have faith that he can bring in the necessary complementary players to win a SC, as we almost won the SC with a terrible goalie in 2010. Building a team that has been this competitive for his entire tenure is pretty impressive even though they have not won it all...yet. If you get into the playoffs almost every year, anything can happen e.g. Kings this year. I would happily keep our management rather than take the risk of hiring a bum. In short, Flyers really would not at all benefit from new management cause we can win it with the guys in place.

FlyingHigh13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 07:34 PM
35NW8ING
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh13 View Post
IMO, I believe that the Flyers will win a cup in the near future. They just have to develop their prospects and current young core. Also, Holmgren is a top 5 gm in the NHL. I have faith that he can bring in the necessary complementary players to win a SC, as we almost won the SC with a terrible goalie in 2010. Building a team that has been this competitive for his entire tenure is pretty impressive even though they have not won it all...yet. If you get into the playoffs almost every year, anything can happen e.g. Kings this year. I would happily keep our management rather than take the risk of hiring a bum. In short, Flyers really would not at all benefit from new management cause we can win it with the guys in place.
You're kidding right? Top 5? At least win a cup before you get that accolade. He's not even top 10. Somewhere between 15-20 at best.

35NW8ING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 09:29 AM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35NW8ING View Post
Marty never let in the back breaking soft at the wrong time goal.
the Marty i saw coughed up a few pucks & handed the Flyers a few goals.

Bryz definitely was the best Flyer & was the better goalie in that series, hands down. the lack of O pressure & D coverage & overall hustle & NJ's gameplan was the reason the Flyers lost, not Bryz.

period.

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 09:17 PM
35NW8ING
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
the Marty i saw coughed up a few pucks & handed the Flyers a few goals.

Bryz definitely was the best Flyer & was the better goalie in that series, hands down. the lack of O pressure & D coverage & overall hustle & NJ's gameplan was the reason the Flyers lost, not Bryz.

period.
There isn't one reason we lost that series, there are many including Bryz. I never said he was the sole reason, only that he owns a piece of it with the others.

Old
08-16-2012, 11:20 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
There isn't one reason we lost that series, there are many including Bryz. I never said he was the sole reason, only that he owns a piece of it with the others.
i know what you said, it's just that i don't agree. I saw Bryz play at a 9 out of 10 level vs NJ. I cannot say he was a reason the Flyers lost.

i also don't agree with your statement that Marty didn't let in soft goals

I saw Marty hand JVR & the Flyers a goal with a puck handling blunder
i saw him go down early & get beaten on a breakaway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct-uA-ExBSk

Last edited by Bernie Parent 1974: 08-16-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old
08-17-2012, 09:48 PM
35NW8ING
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
i know what you said, it's just that i don't agree. I saw Bryz play at a 9 out of 10 level vs NJ. I cannot say he was a reason the Flyers lost.

i also don't agree with your statement that Marty didn't let in soft goals

I saw Marty hand JVR & the Flyers a goal with a puck handling blunder
i saw him go down early & get beaten on a breakaway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct-uA-ExBSk
I saw Marty play at a 10 out of 10 level, and he was a significant part of the reason NJ won. I also never said Marty didn't let in soft goals. Again, if you measure the TOTALITY of both goalies in that series, and not just cherry pick the one thing Bryz may have done better, Marty clearly outplayed him.

I could break it down with multiple video links so it would be patently obvious to you, but I don't think the facts would make a difference with you.

Our forwards were the main reason we lost. Bryz and the defensemen also own their share as well.

Old
08-18-2012, 09:08 AM
Bernie Parent 1974

i saw a Marty coughing up pucks with his stickhandling attempts, he had very little work to do compared to Bryz. Bryz had 1 awful goal, with Kimmo getting 50% blame for throwing the puck back to a poor puck handling goalie.

i don't need video snippets, i watched the games & i know that Bryz was not even 'a' reason the Flyers lost to NJ. most fans know this.

[unless he gets blame for not posting 4 shutouts]

he's the only Flyer to do his job vs NJ.

Old
08-18-2012, 09:13 AM
Jtown

in a 7 game series anything can happen, and matchups can really mess a team up. I just think it was perfect timing on all accounts from both sides. The flyers had a crazy emotional series against their arch rivals ,and the devils had great momentum coming in from a game 7 double ot game.

The devils made jagr look real old, and the pressured the puck more so than pitt.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 09:26 AM
35NW8ING
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
i saw a Marty coughing up pucks with his stickhandling attempts, he had very little work to do compared to Bryz. Bryz had 1 awful goal, with Kimmo getting 50% blame for throwing the puck back to a poor puck handling goalie.

i don't need video snippets, i watched the games & i know that Bryz was not even 'a' reason the Flyers lost to NJ. most fans know this.

Bryz did his job, just poorly.

Old
08-18-2012, 08:13 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Bryz did his job, just poorly.
Bryz was the ONLY Flyer to show up & play well for that series games 1 through 5.

Bryz was clearly the best Flyer vs NJ. it's not even close.
by your standards, then, every other Flyer besides Bryz was a complete no-show vs NJ.

Old
08-19-2012, 01:45 AM
35NW8ING
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Bryz was the ONLY Flyer to show up & play well for that series games 1 through 5.

Bryz was clearly the best Flyer vs NJ. it's not even close.
by your standards, then, every other Flyer besides Bryz was a complete no-show vs NJ.
"No show" is your term not mine. The entire team played poorly, including Bryz. The forwards were the primary, but far from the only reason we lost. The goalie and defensemen also own a piece of it as well. If I had to assign a % to it, 60% forwards, 20% goalie and 20% defensemen.

Old
08-19-2012, 04:04 PM
toughfighter83*

Quote:

he did, im not blaming him for the last goal that eliminated flyers, it's just a bounce that went the devils way, clearly people want to make bryz the scapgoat because they believe that the flyers were better than the devils which in this case they werent, devils were the better team, plain and simple.

i still think they are even if they lost parise because they still have size which the flyers dont.

even the media saying that the flyers are too small up front, i look at the roster they are going to have problems unless another big rookie or two steps up from the phantoms.

toughfighter83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 06:10 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
The entire team played poorly, including Bryz.
then we agree to disagree. or watched different PHI-NJ series.

in my view he was by far the best Flyer, and i would say Bryz was very good to great in that series. Consistently very good.

Bryz was ok vs Pitt in my view with a few great / timely saves, but inconsistent over all - it was a very odd series, however.

Old
09-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Great? Wow. Bryz was nowhere near great. Average to almost good is more like it.

09-08-2012, 11:29 PM
35NW8ING
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:

in my view he was by far the best Flyer, and i would say Bryz was very good to great in that series. Consistently very good.

Bryz was ok vs Pitt in my view with a few great / timely saves, but inconsistent over all - it was a very odd series, however.
We watched the same series. You choose to use words like very good and great to describe Bryz's play. I'm not going to get into a word mincing debate. Bottom line is Marty outplayed Bryz in that series. It's not that hard to see or accept.

Old
09-09-2012, 09:27 AM
PayItForward

Quote:

lol at describing how Bryzgalov played as great. He probably played on the better side in comparison to the rest of the team (in the NJ series), but he was pretty bad in the PIT series and outplayed by Brodeur in the NJ series.

PayItForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
Great? Wow. Bryz was nowhere near great. Average to almost good is more like it.
Looking almost good in games like those (where you're getting nearly zero help) means you probably are playing pretty darn good. Where as Brodeur looked average at best while getting all the help in the world.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote