HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Islanders-Kings.

Old
09-08-2012, 05:18 PM
ukyo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI View Post
LA takes this and runs. I know there is a cap and roster part to it, but they take this and laugh.
Absolutely not. Leaving just the value of it out, this doesn't fill any holes for the Kings and opens up two.

Re: Bernier: I don't know why people are saying his play has been underwhelming (apart from seeing other people mention it in other threads). Bernier's play has been just fine, aside from one game in which he gave up five goals in mop-up duty after the Wings waxed Quick for 3 goals on 7 shots. He's still the best option available on this side of "proven" if you're in the market for a starting goalie (which, I would assume the Isle are not).

ukyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 2100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukyo View Post
Absolutely not. Leaving just the value of it out, this doesn't fill any holes for the Kings and opens up two.

Re: Bernier: I don't know why people are saying his play has been underwhelming (apart from seeing other people mention it in other threads). Bernier's play has been just fine, aside from one game in which he gave up five goals in mop-up duty after the Wings waxed Quick for 3 goals on 7 shots. He's still the best option available on this side of "proven" if you're in the market for a starting goalie (which, I would assume the Isle are not).
What holes does it open? Nilsson can take the backup job. And by adding Okposo and Hamonic it opens up trading options.

That's like me saying I won't trade Nielsen for James Neal. As far as holes and roster spots go, it's bad for the Isles, real bad but you take it and run. I don't know why you are 'leaving the value of it out'.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 05:42 PM
DontgoZiggy

Value wise it seems good for the Kings. But i wouldn't move Toffoli yet. Lokti and Bernier can go for the right offer but we can't afford to keep trading our top offensive youth, otherwise the cap is going to stuff us.

DontgoZiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 05:52 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Instead of ripping up the OP proposal, lets try and see what trade could be worked out between these two teams.

Kings fans: What are your needs?
What do you have excess of?

Islanders needs: Young dmen, both the physical defensive type and the quick puck moving type.
Excess: ...... Picks and 2nd tier prospects.

Looking it over, whatever trade may come most likely won't be a blockbuster.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Choralone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
Instead of ripping up the OP proposal, lets try and see what trade could be worked out between these two teams.

Islanders needs: Young dmen, both the physical defensive type and the quick puck moving type.

Kings are stocked with young defensemen/defensive prospects. Ones in play I think would be Alec Martinez, Davis Drewiske, Thomas Hickey, and Jake Muzzin.

Kings still need skilled young winger prospects, especially ones that aren't undersized and have top 6 potential.

Last edited by Choralone: 09-08-2012 at 09:53 PM. Reason: I spelled Davis Drewiske's first name as "David"
Choralone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 06:43 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:

young nhl d-man: 26 yr old MacDonald and 22 yr old Hamonic.

pmd prospects: De Haan, Donovan, Ness, Pokka, Kitchon, Russo

big,physical D prospects: Mayfield, Pedan, Reinhart, Pelech, Somerby and Leduc .

Snow has repeated again this offseason, that he is sticking with his youth movement. We are more likely to see one of De Haan/Donovan/Ness taking over that open 3rd pairing spot, then see Snow trade for another team's D prospect or veteran 3rd pairing d-man.

Last edited by CREW99AW: 09-08-2012 at 06:51 PM.
CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 06:47 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choralone View Post
Kings are stocked with young defensemen/defensive prospects. Ones in play I think would be Alec Martinez, David Drewiske, Thomas Hickey, and Jake Muzzin.

Kings still need skilled young winger prospects, especially ones that aren't undersized and have top 6 potential.
Isles are also stocked with young D prospects and want to add size/ skill to their top 9 group of forwards, which is why they gave 6'6 Joensuu a contract this summer, luring him back from Europe.

I don't see what Alec Martinez, David Drewiske, Thomas Hickey, and Jake Muzzin bring, that De Haan, Donovan, Ness, Pokka, Kitchon and Russo can't.

Hard to see Snow moving any of his big, skilled forward prospects Kabanov/Nelson/Nino/Lee for Alec Martinez, David Drewiske, Thomas Hickey, and Jake Muzzin. Imo he'll want to give his own D prospects icetime.

Old
09-08-2012, 07:08 PM
KingCanadain1976

The kings really dont have any needs at the moment, Yes we could use a young sniper prospect for next year but right now we have to many players for a 22 man roster. This is the roster
Brown Kopitar Williams
penner richards carter
gagne stoll lewis
king fraser nolon
clifford richardson westgarth
lokti

doughty suderi
Voynov Mitchell
martinez Greene
drewiski hickey
muzzin
quick and bernier
thats 2 goalies 16 forwards and 9 defenseman that have to fit into 23 roster spots This trade would diffenatly hurt the kings as it would take away the only young wing scoring prospect which can goto the ahl and add two more roster people to a already crowded roster. I really dont see the kings and islanders tradeing unless they want to do a 2- 3 players for a young winger

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
young nhl d-man: 26 yr old MacDonald and 22 yr old Hamonic.

pmd prospects: De Haan, Donovan, Ness, Pokka, Kitchon, Russo

big,physical D prospects: Mayfield, Pedan, Reinhart, Pelech, Somerby and Leduc .

Snow has repeated again this offseason, that he is sticking with his youth movement. We are more likely to see one of De Haan/Donovan/Ness taking over that open 3rd pairing spot, then see Snow trade for another team's D prospect or veteran 3rd pairing d-man.
I know we obviously have a myriad of prospects in the pipeline that fit exactly what we need, but the point remains that we need them NOW which is why I listed that as our need. Kings have comparable prospects so I suppose that's a wash.

Also, this is pure speculation/time-passing/ for fun. What Snow says is irrelevant in this case.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 07:33 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
I know we obviously have a myriad of prospects in the pipeline that fit exactly what we need, but the point remains that we need them NOW which is why I listed that as our need. Kings have comparable prospects so I suppose that's a wash.

Also, this is pure speculation/time-passing/ for fun. What Snow says is irrelevant in this case.
De Haan/Donovan/Ness are coming off good AHL rookie seasons. You don't think any one of the 3 are NHL ready, capable of playing 3rd pairing minutes in 2012-2013?

Streit
Hamonic
Vis
MacDonald
Carkner
De Haan/Donovan/Ness

Old
09-08-2012, 07:38 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
The kings really dont have any needs at the moment, Yes we could use a young sniper prospect for next year but right now we have to many players for a 22 man roster. This is the roster
Brown Kopitar Williams
penner richards carter
gagne stoll lewis
king fraser nolon
clifford richardson westgarth
lokti

doughty suderi
Voynov Mitchell
martinez Greene
drewiski hickey
muzzin
quick and bernier
thats 2 goalies 16 forwards and 9 defenseman that have to fit into 23 roster spots This trade would diffenatly hurt the kings as it would take away the only young wing scoring prospect which can goto the ahl and add two more roster people to a already crowded roster. I really dont see the kings and islanders tradeing unless they want to do a 2- 3 players for a young winger

Not unless those 2-3 players are an upgrade on what the isles are going with. Isles are not looking to trade young, core players like Okposo, Grabner, Hamonic for 2-3 younger players/prospects.

I also don't see Snow trading his top forward prospects, for more prospects/picks.

Old
09-08-2012, 07:39 PM
StrongIslanders90

Is LA sure they dont want us to also add a 1st? Damn this one is hard to even comment on...

Isles need an elite winger at this point......

Give me a guy we know is going to snipe 30+ and can carry the puck with authority through the zone to alleviate some pressure from Tavares

Before anyone says the we have Moulson please understand the Moulson does one thing great and thats get garbage goals, thats all fine and good but we need the guy one RW that I stated above.

This year we will see if Okposo is up for the challege and hopfully he is. Isles will give Okie every opurtunity to be one JTs right side, if it does not work out they will try Boyes but after that we have no one in the system that projects to be the top RW....

Last edited by StrongIslanders90: 09-08-2012 at 07:46 PM.
StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 07:46 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Not unless those 2-3 players are an upgrade on what the isles are going with. Isles are not looking to trade young, core players like Okposo, Grabner, Hamonic for 2-3 younger players/prospects.

I also don't see Snow trading his top forward prospects, for more prospects/picks.
i was thinking more of a gagne richardson martinez for nino and 2nd maybe something like this

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 07:51 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
i was thinking more of a gagne richardson martinez for nino and 2nd maybe something like this
Oh I'm sure the Isles would jump at that offer, and maybe even add some more.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 08:26 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:

Isles had to left Parenteau walk, coming off a 67 pt season because they felt $4m was too steep for their internal budget. I can't see them wanting to pay Gagne $4.5m, coming off a 17 pt season.

Donovan was 4th among all AHL d-men in scoring. De Haan ended the season with an all-star nod and playing well.Ness will also in the mix for that 3rd pairing spot. I don't see the isles in the mix for Martinez.

and I doubt they want to buy high and sell low on 19 yr old Nino.

Old
09-08-2012, 08:52 PM
ean

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post

I don't understand why other people don't understand that the Islanders don't need a goalie.
This is funny for a lot of reasons...

ean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 09:43 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ean View Post
I'm sure there's a DiPietro joke you're aching to tell. But, he's right. The Isles don't need goaltending.

Nabakov: 19W 18L 3 OTL 2.55 gaa .914 save %
Bernier: 5W 6L 2 OTL 2.36 gaa .909 save %
Poulin: 2W 4L 0 OTL 3.04 gaa .907 save %
Nilson: 1W 2L 0 OTL 2.75 gaa .911 save %

Old
09-08-2012, 10:02 PM
Flyerfan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
I don't see any logic for the Isles to make this trade for the many reasons already stated. At this point, I think the Isles are done with any major moves. Things could change if Visnovsky wins his grievance, but this is the team the brass is going with. Things could change whenever the CBA is done, but there are better options than this trade.
After that great playoff run why would the Isles want to change anything.

The OP was off on needs for both teams but claiming the NYI should stand pat is ridiculous.

Flyerfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 10:18 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
there simply isn't any way we would move our best O prospect for one
Okposo scored 24 goals this season, I am guessing he would more then make up the value Toffoli has

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 10:25 PM
Drew311
Bustlander

Okposo + Hamonic for Brown.

Yeah, I went there.

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 10:33 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan52 View Post
After that great playoff run why would the Isles want to change anything.

The OP was off on needs for both teams but claiming the NYI should stand pat is ridiculous.
Isles biggest need is more consistent scoring from their secondary scorers, who were all over the map last season: Okposo, Grabner and Bailey.
Gagne with his 30 or so pts and $4.5m salary. Woohoo

Isles went into the offseason, looking for a solid, top 4 d-man. They think they'll come out of the summer with Streit/Hamonic/Vis/MacDonald , while letting Jurcina/Staios/Mottou/Eaton all walk.

Are Strome/Brock Nelson ready to push Frans Nielsen from the 2nd line center spot, to the 3rd line center spot?

Old
09-08-2012, 10:35 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Okposo + Hamonic for Brown.

Yeah, I went there.
Well, back away from there. Zero interest in trading Hamonic.

Isles finally look like they'll have a solid blueline, led by 22 yr old Hamonic.

Old
09-08-2012, 10:49 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

The kings are my 2nd favorite team in the NHL, but they should at least take the Isles to dinner before they screw them like this.

Hamonic holds a lot of value, and even though the Kings going in return are good, they don't fit Islanders needs at all. Doesn't make much sense from a Kings perspective either.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 08:52 AM
handyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukyo View Post

I don't really see how this leaves any holes on the Kings. I'm not a huge Kings follower, but as far as I know aren't they using Loktionov, a natural center, on the wing because they have too many centers? Okposo replaces him on the wing and is an upgrade. Nilsson easily slides in and fills in for the few games Quick is not playing. And Toffoli is a bit of a raw prospect so losing him can't be making any holes (except maybe in Manchester).

Then you get Hamonic who could probably slide into your second pairing behind Doughty-Scuderi and instantly make the D better. From a Kings perspective you'd have to have your head examined if you thought about turning this down. That being said, this whole proposal and thread is bananas.

handyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 09:33 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ean View Post
In what way do the Islanders need a goaltender? What's wrong with Nabokov playing one more year, then Poulin starting in 2013-14? You could argue that Poulin is ready to start now.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote