HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

2012 Off Season Thread (pt2)

Old
07-25-2012, 06:15 PM
Knightmare

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
I think Tallon expects Huby to be our #2 center, at least for next season, just to see how he does at it. Based on not only recent comments, but going all the way back to his draft. I think he's always seen him as a center first. If he can't hack it, then Mueller can also play center, although not as well as wing. Worst case, Goc is the #2 center for one more season, and then Bjugstad comes up the following season. Wellman could also provide competition.
Not saying you're wrong, but what recent comments/draft comments are you basing this on? I remember Tallon saying something or other about Mueller being a good fit with Hub and Upshall. I think Mueller-Huberdeau-Upshall, with Mueller and Huberdeau rotating at C, could be a really nice 2nd line (if upshall and mueller can stay healthy, that is. Not to mention huberdeau, actually. Now that I think of it, that line is scary, in a bad way, for us. Made of glass.)

Knightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 09:15 PM
Dr Beinfest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
There's some talk of Semin to Carolina. With the way they finished last season, healthy Skinner, adding Staal and maybe Semin. I would definitely say they would be Southeast favorites.

-ghoste
I'd take that more as 'leveling the playing field' if you will. More balanced division.

The teams who fell behind made improvements. With the Panthers, just hope that adjustments from a new team and some more balance will make them better anyways.

Dr Beinfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 09:31 PM
florida

I dont believe any Semin rumors at this point.

florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Harvey is saying Guds might have sustained a bad shoulder injury that may keep him out for 4 months. Nothing confirmed yet and with all due respect, Harv hasn't had the most accurate info in his time as a Panthers beat writer. Hopefully it isn't true. We'll see.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...,4962807.story

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote