HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Football > Fantasy Football
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

My first Auction draft: Bad as I think it is?

Old
09-05-2012, 03:33 PM
HTFN

vCash: 500
My first Auction draft: Bad as I think it is?

I didn't just barrel in and start going crazy, bidding on everything in sight, but I think I might be a little, say, top-heavy. Is my starting lineup good enough to carry me? 12 team H2H Points league, I'm not sure exactly what the scoring is.

QB- Michael Vick
RB- Marshawn Lynch
RB- Jamaal Charles
WR- Andre Johnson
WR- Victor Cruz
TE- Vernon Davis
FLEX- Santonio Holmes
D/ST- Seahawks
K- Garrett Hartley

BN- Mark Ingram [RB]
BN- Mario Manningham [WR]
BN- Reuben Randle [WR]
BN- Matt Cassel [QB]
BN- Robbie Gould [K]
BN- Martellus Bennett [TE]
BN- Kendall Hunter [RB]

HTFN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 03:55 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

I am not sure what your dollar values are for the guys you got but honestly I think you are in for a long year.

You really dont have more then 1-2 players that are elite, or that can stay healthy long enough to be considered elite..

your bench is really really bad....there has to be better guys out there than what you got??? I play in a few 12 team leagues, and are you trying to tell me you couldnt get Jon Baldwin, Brandon LaFell, Greg Little, Kendall Wright, Kyle Rudolph, Ryan Williams, Robert Turbin, etc in the later rounds??? if any of them are on the waiver wire, go get them...

your running backs are crazy thin, you need to go get Turbin or even Ronnie Brown to play as a flex for week 1.... Santonio Holmes as your flex spells instant doom my friend...

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 02:17 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Your starting lineup is good, but littered with risks. Vick? You can't count on him. In my latest league, the guy who drafted Vick also drafted Cutler, because he knows he needs a reliable backup.

Charles? I actually love him this year. Good pick.

Lynch is risky, but could be top 10 again. Turbin will get touches, but won't hurt Lynch's value too much, imo.

Andre Johnson is an injury risk.

Cruz is good, but those drops are troubling.

Vernon Davis is very good.

Holmes is.... ew.

The real problem is your depth. You have the worst bench I've ever seen in my life. Who's available in FA?

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 03:42 PM
detrude
(╯□)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

Hard to say without knowing your scoring, budget, or price paid per player.

At first glance I think your team is pretty good for an auction team. You've got some injury and bust potential, but your team should be a playoff team if your starters stay healthy. It looks like you took the balanced roster approach over targeting one or two elite players, which I am a huge fan of. I'd try to get a better flex option than Holmes.

Your bench is scary to me, even for an auction bench. Ingram, Hunter, and Bennett have decent value, but the rest I'd look to improve. I don't like Cassel as a backup to a banged up Vick.

detrude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 04:10 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

For me when approaching an auction draft I try to "budget" how much I want to spend for each roster slot and I try to limit myself there. So I might say "I will not go over 47 for my RB1" and then limit myself to that. Often times that strategy gives you good depth, because if have 10 budgeted for your first bench RB/WR, other guys who have blown their load may not be able or willing to pay that much for a guy who won't be starting for them.

Also the key is to get other ppl to bid on unwanted players right away. I put forth kickers to see if someone is going to spend more than 1 on it. Same with backup QBs. Worst case scenario, you land your kicker and your backup QB for minimum price.

New Sabres Captain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 10:09 PM
HTFN

It seems like the best FA option is Jacquizz Rodgers, or I guess Knowshon Moreno?

As for WRs, Danny Amendola seems to be the only one with a report that even reads positively, other than that I'm looking at Braylon Edwards, Austin Collie, Andre Roberts, Devery Henderson, or maybe Ogletree.

HTFN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 11:03 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTFN View Post
It seems like the best FA option is Jacquizz Rodgers, or I guess Knowshon Moreno?

As for WRs, Danny Amendola seems to be the only one with a report that even reads positively, other than that I'm looking at Braylon Edwards, Austin Collie, Andre Roberts, Devery Henderson, or maybe Ogletree.
go get Ogletree asap....he isnt going to have another night like Wed...but he will put up some solid numbers as Romo has shown how well he can work with a #3 receiver (see Laurent Robinson)...

Moreno is a solid option as well, now that he is the #2 behind McGahee, I seriously can see him coming back to fantasy life again this year, just might take a few games...

Amendolla is a decent pick up as well...

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote