HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Wrestling
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Watch any classic wrestling (as in non-current) lately?

Old
09-02-2012, 01:33 AM
M.C.G. 31

vCash: 50
Watched the Blu Ray exclusive matches on Austin's doc...

Steve Austin vs. Triple H vs. The Undertaker - ***
Steve Austin vs. Kurt Angle - ***1/2
Steve Austin vs. Kurt Angle vs. Rob Van Dam - ***1/4
Steve Austin vs. The Rock - ****

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 02:30 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

vCash: 500
Watched the Hart / Backlund title match from Survivor Series 94 last night. Bulldog in Bret's corner, Owen in Backlund's. About 3/4 of the way through, I realized that Backlund, the then-45-year-old, is in the best condition of any of the 4. It was a sobering thought, considering 2 are dead and the other had a stroke.

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 07:13 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 1271
Even though I haven't watched wrestling in over 10 Years, I re-watched the infamous '98 King Of The Ring "Hell In a Cell" match between Mankind and The Undertaker again this afternoon.

Truly one of the best matches ever IMO. Mick Foley is a legend. How he could be thrown off of and then again go through the cage like that is insane.

Isn't it true though that the cage wasn't supposed to break when the Undertaker gave Mankind that chokeslam so the fall caught everyone off guard??

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 07:59 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

I just got finished watching a bunch of Georgia Championship Wrestling from 1981 and 1982. GCW was on fire during this time with stars like Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Terry Funk, Blackjack Mulligan, Jimmy Garvin, The Masked Superstar, Austin Idol, Kevin Sullivan, Ole Anderson, Gino Hernandez, John Studd, Stan Hansen, Wahoo McDaniel, Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy, Ted DiBiase, Don Muraco, The Wild Samoans, Paul Orndorff, Tito Santana, Matt Borne, The Iron Sheik, Kevin Von Erich, Jimmy Snuka, Bruiser Brody and Ernie Ladd popping in and out of the territory. So many great angles took place but the best was bringing in Roddy Piper as a heel commentator and setting up feuds with Piper taking on Bob Armstrong and Tommy Rich. I highly recommend to any old time rasslin' fans here to try and hunt down these classic shows.

BostonBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 08:24 PM
M.C.G. 31

The chokeslam through the Cell wasn't supposed to happen.

Old
09-07-2012, 10:11 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice 31 View Post
That's what I thought.

It's amazing Foley didn't break his neck there. We all remember what happened to Darren Drozdov back in '99. Wrestling accidents can be deadly or even tragic (Owen Hart).

Old
09-08-2012, 12:18 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Just re-watched the infamous '99 Royal Rumble "I Quit" match between The Rock and Mick Foley. Another one of my favourites. I remember ordering that PPV.

However, given the fact that we know alot more about head trauma and concussions now than we did 13 years ago, it makes you wonder how and why Mick Foley could and would endure all those chairshots.

Years back however I remember reading something about how The Rock went a little overboard with the chairshots during that match and gave Foley a few more than initially planned. Is that true?

Old
09-08-2012, 12:27 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
Just re-watched the infamous '99 Royal Rumble "I Quit" match between The Rock and Mick Foley. Another one of my favourites. I remember ordering that PPV.

However, given the fact that we know alot more about head trauma and concussions now than we did 13 years ago, it makes you wonder how and why Mick Foley could and would endure all those chairshots.

Years back however I remember reading something about how The Rock went a little overboard with the chairshots during that match and gave Foley a few more than initially planned. Is that true?
That match was well-documented. Mick was quite pissed at Rock for it. If you youtube it... you can watch it. It's like a behind the scenes look at wrestling. I cannot remember the name of it though.

It made Rock look like an ******* at the time. It's weird to see Mick so beat up and crushed and Rock just comes up to him like everything was okay.

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 12:29 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
I just love re-watching it and staring at Undertaker throughout the match. He stays in character, even when the idiots start raising the cell with him on top, and you just have to wonder what he's thinking.

That cannot be fun for Taker to see the destruction one man is making and realize you are trying to protect him at the same time.

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 12:48 AM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
That match was well-documented. Mick was quite pissed at Rock for it. If you youtube it... you can watch it. It's like a behind the scenes look at wrestling. I cannot remember the name of it though.

It made Rock look like an ******* at the time. It's weird to see Mick so beat up and crushed and Rock just comes up to him like everything was okay.
Is that the match where Mick Foley had his daughter, son and wife in the front row? It was tough seeing his daughter's reaction every time he would take a chair shot.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 12:59 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
Is that the match where Mick Foley had his daughter, son and wife in the front row? It was tough seeing his daughter's reaction every time he would take a chair shot.
Yep.

And Cole, the documentary is called "Beyond The Mat" it's on Youtube.

And yeah it must have been hard for the kids for sure. Foley's wife screaming hysterically didn't exactly help to calm their fears either.

I've never understood why you'd wanna bring your kids live to watch their father wrestle in an "I Quit" match of all things. That's probably the worst sort of match to subject an impressionable mind to IMO. Especially when they know it's their dad taking the physical punishment.

Last edited by MetalheadPenguinsFan: 09-08-2012 at 01:06 AM.
Old
09-08-2012, 01:52 AM
End of Line
Human After All

Watching the Foley/Rock segment, I never realized how bad he got cut in that match. I've seen some nasty cuts from watching MMA but dear lord is that a massive cut.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 01:59 AM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Quote:
Even though I haven't watched wrestling in over 10 Years, I re-watched the infamous '98 King Of The Ring "Hell In a Cell" match between Mankind and The Undertaker again this afternoon.

Truly one of the best matches ever IMO. Mick Foley is a legend. How he could be thrown off of and then again go through the cage like that is insane.

Isn't it true though that the cage wasn't supposed to break when the Undertaker gave Mankind that chokeslam so the fall caught everyone off guard??
When the cage first breaks you can see Taker flinch like "Oh ****!!"

One thing I always remember from that match is Foley's tooth coming out of his nose.

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 02:13 AM
Dawdler
Pearson for Calder!!

just finished watching the IWA King of the Death Match Tournament 1995 again, this was the epic Cactus Jack/Terry Funk Final, classic stuff

Dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 12:21 PM
M.C.G. 31

I remember Foley was also pissed at The Rock because The Rock went about 8 chairshots more than planned and he didn't check on Foley afterwards to see if he was OK.

Foley smiling to the camera during the HIAC and trying to show his tooth through his lip and into his nose is awesome.

Old
09-08-2012, 03:09 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
I remember Foley was also pissed at The Rock because The Rock went about 8 chairshots more than planned and he didn't check on Foley afterwards to see if he was OK.

Foley smiling to the camera during the HIAC and trying to show his tooth through his lip and into his nose is awesome.
Yeah I read about Foley being pissed about that too.

A very iconic image for sure.

3:08-3:12 = he rolls onto the thumbtacks instead of away from them.

Did he do this done on purpose? Or was it because he was so disorientated?

Old
09-08-2012, 03:12 PM
Blue And Orange
Kevin Lowe Must GO!!

Re-watching the Stone Cold vs Vince Mcmahon feuds, they never get old.

Blue And Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 03:54 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue And Orange View Post
Re-watching the Stone Cold vs Vince Mcmahon feuds, they never get old.
Amen.

Stone Cold's feud with the Undertaker back then too was great as well. Ditto for his feud with Bret Hart who I've never liked for some reason.

Man this thread/subforum has made me feel so damn nostalgic. I've been Youtubing old matches like crazy for 3 days.

Old
09-08-2012, 10:02 PM
M.C.G. 31

This subforum is the only forum I consistently visit on this board (along with entertainment forum.) Best damn forum on this board!

Old
09-08-2012, 11:30 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
This subforum is the only forum I consistently visit on this board (along with entertainment forum.) Best damn forum on this board!
Geek Emporium is good too.

Now I'm watching Gangrel vs. Edge.

The Brood was awesome. I forgot how Gangrel used to do the "blood" spitting thing when entering the ring.

Old
09-08-2012, 11:44 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Geek Emporium is good too.

Now I'm watching Gangrel vs. Edge.

The Brood was awesome. I forgot how Gangrel used to do the "blood" spitting thing when entering the ring.
The Brood had one of the greatest entrance songs ever in wrestling

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 05:15 AM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

Quote:
Wrestling forum here is very good, might not get the same daily conversation as some of the bigger and better wrestling forums, but the people that are around are very good, and the Raw threads and the PPV threads, blow those other forums out of the water with activity.

PierreMcGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 09:18 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj8812 View Post
the brood had one of the greatest entrance songs ever in wrestling

This.

Old
09-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Taupy

I've got a ton of wrestling videos on my hard-drive (almost all in single matches format) and was looking to upload some in the next few weeks. Lately I've been uploading my Wrestlecrap videos on my YouTube channel but I only have 10 videos left and I'm kinda tired of crappy wrestling.

I have stuff dating back to the 80s (and even before in some case) and also recent stuff that I like. I'm thinking about starting a request thread so that I could upload matches that people never saw, or just wrestlers that they never saw. I will see if people are interested.

Ask me for some wrestlers (or specific matches) and I will try to upload 1-2 matches from those if I have them. I mostly have stuff from: WWE/WWF, WCW/NWA, ECW, NJPW, AJPW, ROH, NOAH and some others. I also have some Wrestler Packs from old school wrestlers like Bret Hart, Arn Anderson, Eddie Guerrero, Owen Hart, Road Warriors, Rowdy Piper, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, Kawada. And also some more active like: Kota Ibushi, Low Ki, Prince Devitt, PAC, Marufuji, KENTA, CM Punk, Bryan, Kevin Steen.

So I'll be waiting for the request, here's my channel: http://www.youtube.com/Taupy

Uploading Ric Flair vs Terry Funk from Great American Bash 1989.

Taupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 11:49 AM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

Speaking of the Mankind v Taker HIAC, I own the HIAC DVD Which has some sweet matches in there like HHH vs Foley, Lesnar vs Taker and the very first HIAC, Taker vs HBK with Kane's debut. Some pretty gruesome matches in there.

Engebretson is offline   Reply With Quote