HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dan Boyle to Boston for Tim Thomas (3 way)

Closed Thread

Old
09-08-2012, 10:51 PM
Puckgenius*

vCash: 500
Dan Boyle to Boston for Tim Thomas (3 way)

To Boston: Dan Boyle
To SJ: Tim Thomas, Zach Bogosian
To Win: Patrick Marleau (Or Pavelski), Johnny Boychuk and Boston 2nd

This trade benefits all 3 teams.

SJ moves an aging PMD (who can still play btw) for a huge upgrade in net. Bogo is a decent replacement for Boyle, may not be on Boyles level but is cheaper and younger. Also move longtime vet Marleau who I think SJ really needs to unload to give the organization a new vibe. Marleau is an old dog with that organization and can really use a change of scenery.

Bostons blueline gets a significant upgrade adding a PMD who can play either with Chara on the top pairing or on the 2nd and cut back the minutes from guys like Ference, McQuiad.

WIN gets a top 6 sniper with size, and although downgrade on defense a bit, Boychuk is a decent replacement for Bogo and plus Bostons 2nd.

Last edited by Puckgenius*: 09-08-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old
09-08-2012, 10:52 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Thomas isn't playing hockey this year(and may never again do so)

Old
09-08-2012, 10:58 PM
Duskog
Smugnorance is bliss

I like Johnny Boychuk but I certainly don't see Winnipeg trading Bogosian for Marleau if he's supposed to fill Bogo's shoes.

Old
09-08-2012, 11:00 PM
DohBruins

San Jose is giving up Marleau for Bogogsian and Thomas?

Old
09-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Puckgenius*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan02190 View Post
if TT came back the year after this one, you wouldnt do it? Taking it that TT can retain his form.

Old
09-08-2012, 11:10 PM
DohBruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
if TT came back the year after this one, you wouldnt do it? Taking it that TT can retain his form.
No i would do if i was San Jose, but i feel they aren't giving up enough.

Old
09-08-2012, 11:13 PM
Puckgenius*

Quote:
Well Pavelski could go instead of Marleau but I doubt SJ moves Pavelski after the 61pt season he just had. I definitely think Winnipeg would have interest in Pavelski.

Old
09-08-2012, 11:15 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Your proposal is REALLY bad. San Jose gives up Boyle and Marleau for a guy who isn't playing and a defenseman who is far from living up to his potential. Even if TT played the year after, who cares? He's a UFA and wouldn't sign with SJ anyways. They'd be carrying his cap hit for no reason at all.

Old
09-08-2012, 11:19 PM
Puckgenius*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Your proposal is REALLY bad. San Jose gives up Boyle and Marleau for a guy who isn't playing and a defenseman who is far from living up to his potential. Even if TT played the year after, who cares? He's a UFA and wouldn't sign with SJ anyways. They'd be carrying his cap hit for no reason at all.
Bogosian has actually started to turn things around, dont forget hes only 22 so he has a lot of time to mature his game.

The morals of these SJ trades though is to give the team and organization a new vibe, move 2 aging players with big salaries for younger bodies.

Old
09-08-2012, 11:20 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Bogosian has actually started to turn things around, dont forget hes only 22 so he has a lot of time to mature his game.

The morals of these SJ trades though is to give the team and organization a new vibe, move 2 aging players with big salaries for younger bodies.
For one younger body and a goalie that is virtually retired. For a team in win-now mode it doesn't make much sense.

Old
09-08-2012, 11:22 PM
DohBruins

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well Pavelski could go instead of Marleau but I doubt SJ moves Pavelski after the 61pt season he just had. I definitely think Winnipeg would have interest in Pavelski.
Oh I left out Boyle. Now that I think of it San Jose gives up a little too much, and Winnipeg gets a little too much. I don't think Winnipeg would want to give up Bogosian as they would be selling low.

Old
09-08-2012, 11:26 PM
Puckgenius*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
For one younger body and a goalie that is virtually retired. For a team in win-now mode it doesn't make much sense.
SJ win now mode? Theyre window was 2 seasons ago and look how that turned out. Thornton, Marleau arent the players they once were, theyre past their primes. Boyle is slowing down a bit, Niemi is a hot and cold starter. Its time they move the face of the organization to Pavelski, Couture, Clowe, Burns and co.

Old
09-08-2012, 11:30 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Like Zach Bogosian and he has loads of potential, but SJ gets bent over on this proposal. Not to sure if you can trade a retired player.

Old
09-08-2012, 11:35 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
SJ win now mode? Theyre window was 2 seasons ago and look how that turned out. Thornton, Marleau arent the players they once were, theyre past their primes. Boyle is slowing down a bit, Niemi is a hot and cold starter. Its time they move the face of the organization to Pavelski, Couture, Clowe, Burns and co.
So the Sharks should retool?

That would mean trading off Thornton, Marleau, Boyle, and Clowe. Thomas has negative value at this point, so Boston shouldn't be included, and anyways they should aim for a younger goalie.

Old
09-08-2012, 11:41 PM
stevecanuck16

vCash: 50
WTF, the OP is awful and so are the responses. Winnipeg hangs up on this one, Bogosian is the most valuable asset in this trade BY FAR.

Old
09-08-2012, 11:41 PM
BigDmitriy

Send a message via AIM to BigDmitriy Send a message via MSN to BigDmitriy Send a message via Yahoo to BigDmitriy
Boyle+Marleau for Bogosian + Thomas? heh.

Old
09-08-2012, 11:45 PM
DohBruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Like Zach Bogosian and he has loads of potential, but SJ gets bent over on this proposal. Not to sure if you can trade a retired player.
hes not retired

Old
09-08-2012, 11:46 PM
nmbr_24

I am a Bruins fan and I get the feeling that the Sharks are giving up too much since Thomas isn't playing this year.

If that were to change then I think it could be revisited, but unless that happens I don't see the point.

A lot of us thought Thomas might be attractive to a team that wanted to get to the salary cap floor without actually having to pay any money, but I don't even see that happening unless the salary cap is the projected $70+ million and nobody knows just yet how the CBA will get worked out or if it will get worked out.

I don't think Thomas is going anywhere unless he says he will play.

Old
09-08-2012, 11:48 PM
AbsolonMoreau*

This is a HORRIBLE trade for the Sharks.

Old
09-08-2012, 11:49 PM
Clowe Me

vCash: 50
San Jose gets bent over in this. No thank you.

Old
09-08-2012, 11:59 PM
NORY

lets not forget that Bogosian is out 4-6 months, so the sharks get nothing in this trade, until half the season is done.

Old
09-09-2012, 12:00 AM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecanuck16 View Post
WTF, the OP is awful and so are the responses. Winnipeg hangs up on this one, Bogosian is the most valuable asset in this trade BY FAR.
Give me a break. Your talking as if Bogosian is Drew Doughty.

Old
09-09-2012, 12:01 AM
hockeyball

Literally one of the worst trade proposals involving the Sharks I have ever seen. A 'retired' goalie we don't need or want and a 'maybe' young defensemen who has yet to even approach his potential for a star winger and top-10 offensive d-man.

Riiiiiggght.

Old
09-09-2012, 12:05 AM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Don't forget that Bogosian also had wrist surgery recently too, and is out for several months.

Terrible proposal for the Sharks.

Old
09-09-2012, 12:10 AM
roflstomper
I don't row.

Even getting rid of Thomas the Bruins can't be taking on that kind of salary with Boyle even though he could really help them.

Thomas playing for San Jose would need to be agreed upon as well or else they take a big cap hit for no reason. The pluses for San Jose dont seem great in the short run (they get weaker as right now Boyle is better than Bogosian and you lose Marleau) but after Thomas comes off the books and dumping Marleau and Boyle they free up a ton of cap space for the future. They are in win now mode however so this deal doesnt make to much sense unless they believe they are a better contender with Thomas playing goal and Bogosian on the blueline.

I know Winnepeg is big on Bogosian and this may not be enough of a return for them to do this deal.

Closed Thread