HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Best Burgers In Vancouver?

Closed Thread

Old
09-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Canucker

vCash: 500
In'N'Out Burger is ok, but its highly overrated, probably on par with Whataburger and a bit better than Wendy's. Five Guys is the best chain burger IMO, best burger at a drive-thru window has to be Carl's Jr.

Old
09-08-2012, 09:32 PM
opendoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
In'N'Out Burger is ok, but its highly overrated, probably on par with Whataburger and a bit better than Wendy's. Five Guys is the best chain burger IMO, best burger at a drive-thru window has to be Carl's Jr.
I guess it's just a matter of opinion, but IMO In-N-Out blows every one of those (except for Five Guys) out of the water. I don't think I'd even eat Carls Jr. or Whataburger again unless I was desperate.

That's not to say I haven't had bad In-N-Out, but having been to probably 15-20 different locations I'd say it's the best fast food burger around (save perhaps for small chains like Shake Shack etc.). It deserves the accolades it gets.

Old
09-09-2012, 03:22 AM
carrotshirt

I hit up that Langley In N Out truck with some friends, we left pretty early so we'd be sure to get some burgers, and still waited in line for almost three hours. Very good burgers, basically excellent fast food burgers, although we didn't have the option for variations (no animal style) and they came with a bag of Lays instead of fries.

Old
09-09-2012, 09:15 AM
Danavan

Max's burger just came out with their new burger the other day called Trav's Fitty Burger. As the chef there is a friend of mine and I moved to Europe before it's release date he made me one last month while they were still testing it out and it is without a doubt the best burger I've ever eaten. The patty is 50% bacon and 50% beef and it comes topped with tons of bacon strips, cheese, a fried egg (might have been specially done for me) and all the usual fixings. My buddy made a joke that it was unfair to compare it to other burgers because the bacon in the patty is like putting it on steroids, and as such it needs an asterisk.

Old
09-09-2012, 11:00 AM
CallMeJerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danavan View Post
Max's burger just came out with their new burger the other day called Trav's Fitty Burger. As the chef there is a friend of mine and I moved to Europe before it's release date he made me one last month while they were still testing it out and it is without a doubt the best burger I've ever eaten. The patty is 50% bacon and 50% beef and it comes topped with tons of bacon strips, cheese, a fried egg (might have been specially done for me) and all the usual fixings. My buddy made a joke that it was unfair to compare it to other burgers because the bacon in the patty is like putting it on steroids, and as such it needs an asterisk.
That sounds truly disgusting - and I'm a bacon lover.

Old
09-09-2012, 11:06 AM
KISSland

Quote:

I made this burger. Minus the fried egg and bacon on top.

It's good.

Last edited by KISSland: 09-09-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old
09-09-2012, 12:25 PM
vadim sharifijanov

Quote:
i was just at a very well-regarded new american/gastropub in minneapolis and my friend ordered what is considered by all the critics' lists as a top five burger in the twin cities. it had only 20% bacon in the patty, 80% beef of supposedly the highest quality. there was extra bacon on top of the patty (no fried egg), along with american cheese. the side of fries also came with some kind of molecular bacon powder.

long story short, even at an 80/20% split, that was way too much bacon. i had a bite; you couldn't taste the beef. to me, that defeats the point of a burger, especially when they make a big deal about using the freshest locally-sourced grass-fed beef.

and, like CMJ above, i also say this as a bacon lover.

Old
09-09-2012, 12:57 PM
KISSland

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadim sharifijanov View Post
i was just at a very well-regarded new american/gastropub in minneapolis and my friend ordered what is considered by all the critics' lists as a top five burger in the twin cities. it had only 20% bacon in the patty, 80% beef of supposedly the highest quality. there was extra bacon on top of the patty (no fried egg), along with american cheese. the side of fries also came with some kind of molecular bacon powder.

long story short, even at an 80/20% split, that was way too much bacon. i had a bite; you couldn't taste the beef. to me, that defeats the point of a burger, especially when they make a big deal about using the freshest locally-sourced grass-fed beef.

and, like CMJ above, i also say this as a bacon lover.
I used 1/3 of bacon 2/3 beef. I thought using a leaner beef would make more sense since the fat from the bacon would overwhelm it.

I didn't add any salt.

It was really good.

I cooked the bacon to the point where it was almost cooked.

Put it in the processor.

Mixed it with the beef.

Then threw it on the grill.

I think using a griddle would've been better.

Old
09-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Callhee
Embrace the hate.

C'mon guys, we all know that putting bacon into a patty is cheating.

I've tried putting bacon in my own patties as well; while it turned out quite delicious, it wasn't quite the same as a good burger.

Old
09-10-2012, 05:34 PM
rypper

Went to Vera's again on sunday and blew a giant burgery load over how amazing the burger was. I find the difference between vera's and other places is that vera's the burger is the star of the show. the meat is seasoned and flavoured and the other toppings just add to it. After a recent trip to 5 guys i found the burger was good, but the meat itself didn't stand out.

Old
09-10-2012, 06:40 PM
Slot 3
exitus acta probat

vCash: 600
Had a 5 Guys burger stateside a couple of weeks ago. It was good, but not as good as everyone else had made it out to be.

Old
09-10-2012, 08:51 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Had a Five Guys burger in Kamloops today. Oh my dayum, that was a flippin' tasty burger. That and Vera's have been the best for me this far.

Old
09-29-2012, 02:35 PM
gongshowmonkey

Fat Burger has 50% on Groupon
Went there yesterday. Burgers were pretty good.

Fatburger Groupon

Old
09-29-2012, 06:13 PM
KISSland

Quote:
Originally Posted by gongshowmonkey View Post
Fat Burger has 50% on Groupon
Went there yesterday. Burgers were pretty good.

Fatburger Groupon
They had a Groupon 2 for $13. Invited me and my friend. Good burgers for that value.

Old
09-29-2012, 10:04 PM
canucksfan

vCash: 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
What burger do you get at Carl Jr's? I have been there twice to the Chilliwack location and I got the Western and then the Famous Star. I wasn't impressed with either one.

I hadn't been to Five Guys in a while and went today. First time I had bacon and cheese on my burger and wow does it taste a lot better. Not cheaping out anymore.

Old
09-30-2012, 01:10 AM
rypper

the Carl's jr in chilliwack is still getting some kinks sorted out. Twice I've been there and seen people getting there money back without asking for it because of wait times. Hell the first time I went was their opening day and they gave me my meal for free.

Its different then the usual choices and they have a pretty interesting menu. I think once they sort out their issues they'll be better.

If you find yourself in Chilliwack look up the Wildcat express. Man they have AWESOME burgers.

Old
10-29-2013, 02:05 PM
carolinacanuck

frick, i miss the white spot double double. nothing like it down here in the carolinas.

Old
10-29-2013, 02:39 PM
VancouverCanuck
Vancouver's Finest

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this place but it is THE BEST BURGER IN THE LOWER MAINLAND!

Take the sky train down to new westminster station, walk a block and you are there!

http://www.burgerheaven.ca

Old
10-29-2013, 03:54 PM
KillerWhale

Burger Heaven is good for sure.

The best one I've had in recent memory though is the burger with the works at the Alibi Room.

Old
10-29-2013, 06:02 PM
canucksfan

vCash: 990
Anyone try the Triple O's Poutine burger?

Old
12-13-2013, 03:50 AM
Apple Juice

I work at a Five Guys Burgers and Fries restaurant

Old
12-13-2013, 04:36 AM
TheWanderer

What the hell!? 2:35 in the morning, already starving and I decided to open this thread!? CURSES!

Old
01-14-2014, 11:16 PM
Bubbles
Tank for Tyler2016

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsAlternate View Post
Here's an image courtesy of parkerpages.wordpress.com:
Why did I open this thread when I'm hungry!!!! My keyboard is full of drool now!

Old
01-14-2014, 11:21 PM
JonnyCash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Juice View Post
I work at a Five Guys Burgers and Fries restaurant
How pissed off do you guys actually get when I order everything on the side? (Ketchup Etc..)

Old
01-14-2014, 11:26 PM
JonnyCash

My favourite burgers in Vancouver:

- Romer's Burger
- Earls (Bronx Burger)
- Joe Forte's Chop House Burger

Closed Thread