Whats wrong with Havelid?

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2003, 04:57 AM
Jshibley

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jshibley Send a message via Yahoo to Jshibley
Whats wrong with Havelid?

4 points, and a -11 in the first 18 games??? Thats really bad. Does he sit when Sauer returns???

I figure the sooner we start getting on Havelid, the sooner he will return to form.

Old
11-18-2003, 06:52 AM
190Octane

I noticed that also.

-11.. he's suffered with and without Carney.

Old
11-18-2003, 06:53 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

Yeah I think he should sit out a game or two when Sauer gets back. Wake this guy up!!

Old
12-02-2003, 10:26 AM
Jshibley

Send a message via AIM to Jshibley Send a message via Yahoo to Jshibley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshibley
4 points, and a -11 in the first 18 games??? Thats really bad. Does he sit when Sauer returns???

I figure the sooner we start getting on Havelid, the sooner he will return to form.
So, now its 5 points -11 in 24 games....at least he has been even in the last 6 games. I would still like him to sit out a game or two. I wish he could start playing like he did last year.

Old
12-02-2003, 11:50 PM
fuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshibley
So, now its 5 points -11 in 24 games....at least he has been even in the last 6 games. I would still like him to sit out a game or two. I wish he could start playing like he did last year.

While he was solid last year after Ozolinsh was brought in he didn't do much on the offensive side of things for the rest of the year. I think you guys hit the nail on the head with Carney being out it really seemed to affect him.

Old
12-02-2003, 11:55 PM
lux_interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhr
While he was solid last year after Ozolinsh was brought in he didn't do much on the offensive side of things for the rest of the year. I think you guys hit the nail on the head with Carney being out it really seemed to affect him.
He was pretty good offensively even before Ozolinsh came over. Don't know exactly what's up. My "take" is that maybe having Ozo as the offensive defenseman on the team is messing with his head?

I don't know. Just a stab in the dark.

I think perhaps making him a healthy scratch for a game or two might be good. Not so much to "wake him up." Sometimes seeing the game from a different perspective (literally) can help guys improve. That way he can see again what works and what doesn't.

Old
12-03-2003, 06:05 AM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Ozo took over his duties as point man on the number one power play unit. After that the power play tanked and so did Havelid.

I'd like to see Nik out there with the big guys, it's not like it's working now anyway.

Old
12-03-2003, 05:38 PM
arinkrat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock Full Of Booger
Ozo took over his duties as point man on the number one power play unit. After that the power play tanked and so did Havelid.

I'd like to see Nik out there with the big guys, it's not like it's working now anyway.
Yeah, it was pretty sad that the PP was top-ten before Ozo and then tanked after.

But it's more than no offense from Havelid. He wasn't scoring in the last half of the season, but at least he was fairly strong defensively both during the season and in the playoffs. Now he's pretty bad at both ends of the ice.

Old
12-03-2003, 05:59 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

The Cincy d-men would kill for the chance he's blowing. He's playing horrendously, and nothing's been done. So, they should call up Armstrong, or Motteau, and I'm sure they'll do better than him. Or maybe a huge trade is in order for an offensive blueliner who could come cheap. I'd like the Ducks make an offer for the Hammer. He's got a big salary, and it's Mike Milbury we're dealing with. Hopefully BM can make a huge trade like he did with Ozo for someone like that.

Old
12-03-2003, 07:45 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Quote:
Originally Posted by arinkrat
Yeah, it was pretty sad that the PP was top-ten before Ozo and then tanked after.

But it's more than no offense from Havelid. He wasn't scoring in the last half of the season, but at least he was fairly strong defensively both during the season and in the playoffs. Now he's pretty bad at both ends of the ice.
Yeah. I wrote that before tonight's meltdown. Wow he looked bad.

Old
12-04-2003, 11:27 AM
cheesymc

Send a message via AIM to cheesymc
Hamrlik? Man, I know its possible with that GM, but his salary is way too high. He'd be nice to get though, since hes also more physical and probably better offensively and defensively.

The deal would have to be something like Havelid and Chistov for Hamrlik and Parrish I believe, but NYI would have to take some of the salary.

Old
12-04-2003, 11:35 AM
cheesymc

oh and then trade parrish for comrie...

Old
12-04-2003, 11:35 AM
Pwnasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesymc
The deal would have to be something like Havelid and Chistov for Hamrlik and Parrish I believe, but NYI would have to take some of the salary.

Chistov's probably not included for someone like Comrie and you wanna include him in a deal with the Isles?

Old
12-04-2003, 11:51 AM
cheesymc

Hey if Edmonton offered Brewer and Comrie for Havelid and Chistov you would have to look at it as well. Exchange a few picks and I think it would be fair except that the salary difference its too big still.

Old
12-05-2003, 04:22 AM
Pwnasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesymc
Hey if Edmonton offered Brewer and Comrie for Havelid and Chistov you would have to look at it as well. Exchange a few picks and I think it would be fair except that the salary difference its too big still.
Brewer/Comrie is worlds better than Parrish/Hamrlik...

Closed Thread