HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 NFL Season Thread - The Baltimore Ravens are Superbowl Champs!

Old
09-06-2012, 09:51 AM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
yeah there's that and the esks game against the stamps on friday as well. The only thing i hate about NCAA football is that many games on tv are 30-0 by half time so usually i don't bother watching until the 3rd or 4th Q if the score is relatively close

I watched the 2nd half of the Boston College game last week.

Fixed to Ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 02:52 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

vCash: 612
So apparently all the players suspended for taking part in the bounty thing have appealed and had their suspensions over turned.

What a joke for the league, looks like they no longer have any authority. All that needs to happen now is to have Shawn Payton appeal, have his suspension over turned and then it will be officially be next to no consequences for the Saints deliberately trying to injure opponents for money.

What a joke.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/83...itration-panel

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 02:52 PM
bellagiobob

vCash: 500
Jim Trotter
BREAKING: A 3-member appeals panel has overturned the player suspensions in the Saints bounty case, says a source. Details coming.

bellagiobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 03:16 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
So apparently all the players suspended for taking part in the bounty thing have appealed and had their suspensions over turned.

What a joke for the league, looks like they no longer have any authority. All that needs to happen now is to have Shawn Payton appeal, have his suspension over turned and then it will be officially be next to no consequences for the Saints deliberately trying to injure opponents for money.

What a joke.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/83...itration-panel
Goddell screwed up from day one. I wonder what kind of defamation of character lawsuits come now.

joestevens29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 04:34 PM
misfit

Players deliberately trying to injure other players get their suspensions overturned, yet the Redskins and Cowboys are still being punnished for spending over a non-existant cap?

09-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Crazy day of football. This GB/SF game is gonna be pretty damn tight.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
Crazy day of football. This GB/SF game is gonna be pretty damn tight.
Skins won in a huge upset
Philly should have lost but didn't
Vikings - Jags game was crazy
Detroit wins it on a great drive at the end

We still got the end of GB-SF and DEN-PIT later.

Yeah its a pretty sweet day for NFL fans.

Old
09-09-2012, 05:07 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

Akers just hit a 63 yard FG!

Old
09-09-2012, 05:10 PM
ThePresent83

Quote:
Originally Posted by devils4cup View Post
Skins won in a huge upset
Philly should have lost but didn't
Vikings - Jags game was crazy
Detroit wins it on a great drive at the end

We still got the end of GB-SF and DEN-PIT later.

Yeah its a pretty sweet day for NFL fans.
Ill start by saying I am an Eagles fan, but I am also as hard on them as anyone.

^^ This is a bit inaccurate. The Eagles, coming into the game were expected to win by more... but Vick played horrible and a O-line was average.

That said, they were obviously the far better team. Eagles had 456 total yards compared to the browns 210. The turnover battle was off the rails with McCoy having a fumble early before the QBs each threw 4 INTS.

Philly played bad, and took a lot of penalties, but for anyone who watched the game knows that the Eagles were the better team and definitely SHOULD NOT have lost.

Not sure what game this poster watched. The post reads like someone who was hoping for an upset and didnt get to see what they wanted.

ThePresent83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 05:11 PM
ThePresent83

Quote:
THIS however, was incredible. Flipped the channel just in time.

Old
09-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Quote:
**** was crazy... Big *BOINK* right off the back bar and over. SF looks really good today.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePresent83 View Post
Ill start by saying I am an Eagles fan, but I am also as hard on them as anyone.

^^ This is a bit inaccurate. The Eagles, coming into the game were expected to win by more... but Vick played horrible and a O-line was average.

That said, they were obviously the far better team. Eagles had 456 total yards compared to the browns 210. The turnover battle was off the rails with McCoy having a fumble early before the QBs each threw 4 INTS.

Philly played bad, and took a lot of penalties, but for anyone who watched the game knows that the Eagles were the better team and definitely SHOULD NOT have lost.

Not sure what game this poster watched. The post reads like someone who was hoping for an upset and didnt get to see what they wanted.
Yeah i'm a pats fan so i was watching NE-TEN. All I saw was the game updates and half time highlights so i only saw the turnovers and the eagles last second drive.

Basically they made it seem like PHI was lucky to get out with a win. Now that you bring up the stats it seems more one sided for sure.

Old
09-09-2012, 05:38 PM
McRib
2nd Rate Fan

Texans are my pick to win it all. Outstanding D, Strong offense and a 2 headed monster at RB.

McRib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 05:46 PM
ThePresent83

Quote:
Yeah i'm a pats fan so i was watching NE-TEN. All I saw was the game updates and half time highlights so i only saw the turnovers and the eagles last second drive.

Basically they made it seem like PHI was lucky to get out with a win. Now that you bring up the stats it seems more one sided for sure.
Fair enough. Cleveland winning would have been a better story, so media probably spun it as such.

That said Philly DID only win by one. Philly will get killed by Baltimore next week if they play the same way. Here's hoping that Vick's rust was due to the fact that he only had a hand full of preseason snaps.

For anyone who cares. CB Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie and Kurt Coleman each brought in 2 INTs, DeMeco Ryans had a great game at MIKE. McCoy had over 100 yards with limited touches.

Eagles hyped DE's were kept in check from a sack perspective, but the line as a whole smothered Cleveland.

Defense A, Offence C-.

Old
09-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
Texans are my pick to win it all. Outstanding D, Strong offense and a 2 headed monster at RB.
I like the Texans as well. JJ Watt is a beast out there

I still like my pats to make it to the Super Bowl but i have lots of respect for the Texans.

Old
09-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

Quote:
Fair enough. Cleveland winning would have been a better story, so media probably spun it as such.

That said Philly DID only win by one. Philly will get killed by Baltimore next week if they play the same way. Here's hoping that Vick's rust was due to the fact that he only had a hand full of preseason snaps.

For anyone who cares. CB Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie and Kurt Coleman each brought in 2 INTs, DeMeco Ryans had a great game at MIKE. McCoy had over 100 yards with limited touches.

Eagles hyped DE's were kept in check from a sack perspective, but the line as a whole smothered Cleveland.

Defense A, Offence C-.
You watch the Eagles more than I do but I always get the impression that it takes a few weeks for the offense to get rolling in Philly. Or they start out hot and they flame out by week 10. (More in the McNabb years)

The defense however is always among the leagues best every year.

Old
09-09-2012, 06:22 PM
Backhand

The GB/SF game is just a game of waiting for the next terrible call. Its funny, the reffing crew got all the challengable calls right but have made horrendous calls that can't be challenged. Like calling the 49ers for that special teams penalty when it was a GB player who obviously pushed from behind. Both GB touchdowns were because of bad calls by the refs

Backhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 06:29 PM
ThePresent83

Quote:
You watch the Eagles more than I do but I always get the impression that it takes a few weeks for the offense to get rolling in Philly. Or they start out hot and they flame out by week 10. (More in the McNabb years)

The defense however is always among the leagues best every year.
The offense might start slow until Vick gets his reps in, but even when it is working at mid season form, it will be high risk high reward.

The defensive line will be among the very best in the league as far as depth goes. They have 5-6 ends that are capable of being at least average starters, and the corners are solid. But the safeties still have question marks and the line backing core is relying on a guy that many consider washed up (Ryans) and a rookie (Kendricks).

Overall, I think the outside perception of the Eagles will be that they are going to try to out score teams with their offensive talent... but in reality, the d-line will have to win this team some games. They are a lot more likely to hold a team under 20 then they are to score over 35

Old
09-09-2012, 06:30 PM
ThePresent83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backhand View Post
The GB/SF game is just a game of waiting for the next terrible call. Its funny, the reffing crew got all the challengable calls right but have made horrendous calls that can't be challenged. Like calling the 49ers for that special teams penalty when it was a GB player who obviously pushed from behind. Both GB touchdowns were because of bad calls by the refs
This is the worst game of today so far, but I think over the other 3 games I've watched, I've been surprised at how good the officiating has been....

.. considering the situation

Old
09-09-2012, 06:39 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

Quote:
This is the worst game of today so far, but I think over the other 3 games I've watched, I've been surprised at how good the officiating has been....

I agree. NE-TEN was decent, i switched over to SEA-ARI and despite a few late flags the refs have been ok as well.

GB-SF was a ref gong show from the start.

Old
09-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Backhand

Quote:

Ya during the broadcast they mentioned that one of the coaches (McCarthy I think) said this reffing crew was flag happy compared to the others. It showed. Bad calls back and forth, with the 49ers being hammered early. It was actually a good game, but I just found the reffing sort of took over the storyline for the game.

Backhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 06:53 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

Just when i give the ref crew of the ARI-SEA game a little praise. They are going down hill fast in the last few minutes. lol

Old
09-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Kyle McMahon

Funny to see Brandon Weeden with one of the worst QB debuts I've ever seen, but Philly still needs a late TD to squeek by the mighty Cleveland Browns. The dognapper was already in midseason form with four turnovers. Once the dream team goes up against some respectable competition things should come unglued quickly for them once again, much to my amusement.

I was worried my Panthers would lose to Tampa Bay after everybody started picking them to be a surprise team, and sure enough. Their all time record in Tampa is absolutely awful. Newton was a turnover machine today and the Bucs stiffled the run. Carolina's secondary looks like crap, as it usually does. Only had 8 months to work on that...

Kyle McMahon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 12:12 AM
ThePresent83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
Funny to see Brandon Weeden with one of the worst QB debuts I've ever seen, but Philly still needs a late TD to squeek by the mighty Cleveland Browns. The dognapper was already in midseason form with four turnovers. Once the dream team goes up against some respectable competition things should come unglued quickly for them once again, much to my amusement.

I was worried my Panthers would lose to Tampa Bay after everybody started picking them to be a surprise team, and sure enough. Their all time record in Tampa is absolutely awful. Newton was a turnover machine today and the Bucs stiffled the run. Carolina's secondary looks like crap, as it usually does. Only had 8 months to work on that...
Agreed. Both QBs were beyond awful. Both passing defenses were also excellent though. Lets not forget that the Browns had the second best passing defense in the league last year. The Eagles, as a passing team, had a very bad match-up this week for a QB who hadnt seen a lot of preseason action. I think some blame should be thrown to Reid, who in my opinion, didn't give McCoy nearly the touches he deserved.

I think the best part of this season from an Eagles perspective is they hit rock bottom 3 quarters of the way through last year. Expectations were lowered and they rattled off 4 wins to end the season. Vince Young is gone, the dream team thing is carried not by the Eagles but by people still looking for a story or people who don't like the Eagles. Hopefully the lowered profile of the team will help.

If they play this way against Baltimore, they will lose badly. That much is for sure.

Also watched the Tampa game as they were part of my sports select, and my word was Carolina's running game embarrassing. Newton is a fun player to watch throw the ball, though he certainly not look like the duel threat he looked like last year.

Season is young. Newton will run over teams when he gets into form. Week one always seems to be the common week for the underdogs stepping up. Not worried about the Eagles right now, they won on the road, and you can only critique a road win so much.... which i have already done plenty haha

Last edited by ThePresent83: 09-10-2012 at 12:23 AM.
Old
09-10-2012, 09:35 AM
CornKicker
Locked Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post

As a bucs fan i loved this game, i just wish Vjax could hold on to some balls. holding the panthers to negative run yards through the first half was a stark contrast to the running clinic the panthers put on the bucs last year. Gerald Mccoy makes a huge difference, like a night and day difference when he is playing.

CornKicker is offline   Reply With Quote