HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Softest NHL Team

Old
09-09-2012, 11:54 AM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsNeedaRussian View Post
Wouldn't say that is a given. Tropp isn't the fighter Sabres fans make him out to be. Ference has taken on some pretty good fighters like Moen, Backes, hell even Avery who is a better fighter than Tropp.
Did you watch Andrew Ference fight James Neal last season? Pretty embarrassing fight considering James Neal rarely fights. Andrew Ference got bloodied by Sidney Crosby too. Andrew Ference is a decent middleweight but he's not on Corey Tropp's level.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 04:18 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
Did you watch Andrew Ference fight James Neal last season? Pretty embarrassing fight considering James Neal rarely fights. Andrew Ference got bloodied by Sidney Crosby too. Andrew Ference is a decent middleweight but he's not on Corey Tropp's level.
How was Ference embarrassed vs Neal? Neal may have had a slight upperhand there, but no devastating blows and he was the one who lost his balance. Might need to watch that fight again...Then the Crosby fight, ok he got bloodied. Doesn't mean much, he still maintained his composure the whole fight and kept his balance till Crosby went down. Neither were horrible losses and don't define his fighting skills. Since when is Tropp a heavyweight? Like seriously, what has this guy done? Fight Rinaldo, a slightly better version of Campbell. Ference has 7 lbs on him despite losing an inch and has a superior fight card. Don't see how it is a given that Tropp would win, if he even cracks Buffalo's roster.

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 04:39 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
How was Ference embarrassed vs Neal? Neal may have had a slight upperhand there, but no devastating blows and he was the one who lost his balance. Might need to watch that fight again...Then the Crosby fight, ok he got bloodied. Doesn't mean much, he still maintained his composure the whole fight and kept his balance till Crosby went down. Neither were horrible losses and don't define his fighting skills. Since when is Tropp a heavyweight? Like seriously, what has this guy done? Fight Rinaldo, a slightly better version of Campbell. Ference has 7 lbs on him despite losing an inch and has a superior fight card. Don't see how it is a given that Tropp would win, if he even cracks Buffalo's roster.
When did I say Tropp was a heavyweight? Give me a break, Corey Tropp is a better middleweight fighter then Andrew Ference it's not even debatable.

Let's compare fighting cards:

Corey Tropp has fought Michael Haley, Adam McQuaid, Tom Sestito, Matt Beleskey, Zac Rinaldo, Troy Bodie, Jordan Nolan and, Zach Fitzgerald.

Andrew Ference has fought Travis Moen, Adam Burish, David Backes, Sean Avery, Sidney Crosby, Jochen Hecht, Derek Roy, Sean Avery, and Scott Hartnell.

Corey Tropp has only been in the NHL/AHL for two years. It's impressive how good of a fighter he is considering he came out of Michigan State.

Old
09-09-2012, 05:54 PM
hlaverty06

Quote:
Wouldn't say that is a given. Tropp isn't the fighter Sabres fans make him out to be. Ference has taken on some pretty good fighters like Moen, Backes, hell even Avery who is a better fighter than Tropp.
In all fairness he didn't get any good punches in till Moen was down.

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 07:42 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Andrew Ference fighting highlights:

Old
09-09-2012, 07:46 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

Quote:
When did I say Tropp was a heavyweight? Give me a break, Corey Tropp is a better middleweight fighter then Andrew Ference it's not even debatable.
You called Ference a middleweight and somehow think Tropp is clearly superior. So I thought it was safe to assume you considered Tropp a lower level heavyweight.

Quote:
Let's compare fighting cards:

Corey Tropp has fought Michael Haley, Adam McQuaid, Tom Sestito, Matt Beleskey, Zac Rinaldo, Troy Bodie, Jordan Nolan and, Zach Fitzgerald.

Andrew Ference has fought Travis Moen, Adam Burish, David Backes, Sean Avery, Sidney Crosby, Jochen Hecht, Derek Roy, Sean Avery, and Scott Hartnell.

Corey Tropp has only been in the NHL/AHL for two years. It's impressive how good of a fighter he is considering he came out of Michigan State.
Where did you get him fighting McQuaid from? Have they even played each other? So which is of those guys is a heavyweight? A couple of guys who fight a lot, no top fighters. In the NHL he beat up a punching bag in Rinaldo. Ference has fought the best listed and is also guaranteed to make his team. We will see if Tropp does and even if he does and can beat Ference (unlikely) he wouldn't stand a chance vs Lucic/Thornton/Chara/McQuaid. If he is one of the best Buffalo has to offer, he might as well fight one of them this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
In all fairness he didn't get any good punches in till Moen was down.

Pretty hard fighting a much bigger guy when your spinning all over the place. He kept his balance much better vs an arguable heavyweight and definite heavyweight if Tropp is considered close to one.

Last edited by BruinsNeedaRussian: 09-09-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old
09-09-2012, 07:55 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
You called Ference a middleweight and somehow think Tropp is clearly superior. So I thought it was safe to assume you considered Tropp a lower level heavyweight.

No I consider Tropp a middleweight.

Where did you get him fighting McQuaid from? Have they even played each other? So which is of those guys is a heavyweight? A couple of guys who fight a lot, no top fighters. In the NHL he beat up a punching bag in Rinaldo. Ference has fought the best listed and is also guaranteed to make his team. We will see if Tropp does and even if he does and can beat Ference (unlikely) he wouldn't stand a chance vs Lucic/Thornton/Chara/McQuaid. If he is one of the best Buffalo has to offer, he might as fight one of them this year.

Pretty hard fighting a much bigger guy when your spinning all over the place. He kept his balance much better vs an arguable heavyweight and definite heavyweight if Tropp is considered close to one.
Enough with the excuses.

Old
09-09-2012, 08:04 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

Quote:
Andrew Ference fighting highlights:

How did he embarrass himself? Not a good fight, but he didn't lose by much. Pretty close to a draw. Not understanding why you hate Ference this much

Quote:
5 years ago, Crosby had a visor on, and if he didn't bleed a little, nobody considers this a loss.

Quote:
Lost balance vs a guy with probably 70 lbs on him. Got right up and it was a decade ago. What is your point?

Quote:
Lost but got some nice punches in vs a heavyweight almost a decade ago. So again what is your point? VandenBussche would have hospitalized Tropp, but Tropp wouldn't fight a legit heavy.

50% of Tropp's NHL fighting career has been getting dropped by Belesky.

Tropp in beast mode here:

Old
09-09-2012, 08:05 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

Quote:
Enough with the excuses.
Excuses? You probably made that up. Only been in the same league shortly this year and they did not fight this year

Old
09-09-2012, 08:08 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

Quaider
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=76853

Tropp
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=94047

Think you have McQuaid confused with someone else.

Old
09-09-2012, 08:20 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
How did he embarrass himself? Not a good fight, but he didn't lose by much. Pretty close to a draw. Not understanding why you hate Ference this much

Hell no, James Neal landed five punches and Ference landed one.

5 years ago, Crosby had a visor on, and if he didn't bleed a little, nobody considers this a loss.

Ference had on visor on too in 2007. Sidney Crosby took Ference's helmet off.

Lost balance vs a guy with probably 70 lbs on him. Got right up and it was a decade ago. What is your point?

I'm showing how bad Ference's balance is.

Lost but got some nice punches in vs a heavyweight almost a decade ago. So again what is your point? VandenBussche would have hospitalized Tropp, but Tropp wouldn't fight a legit heavy.

Yeah okay. VandenBussche would beat Tropp easily but I doubt Tropp would get ko'd.
50% of Tropp's NHL fighting career has been getting dropped by Belesky.

Tropp in beast mode here:
The Tom Sestito fight was in Tropp's first year in the AHL. Not to mention Tropp played three years at Michigan State.

Old
09-09-2012, 08:24 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
They were given roughing penalties but it was a fight.

Old
09-09-2012, 08:34 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

Quote:
The Tom Sestito fight was in Tropp's first year in the AHL. Not to mention Tropp played three years at Michigan State.
So he could have been a better fighter? Well Ference could have been a better fighter if he tried to make the NHL as an enforcer. Doesn't matter, it affected him, but doesn't change the fact that he isn't a top fighter.

NCAA didn't tame him too much anyways.

Old
09-09-2012, 08:35 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

Quote:
They were given roughing penalties but it was a fight.
Doubt that.

Edit: Found it. It was McQuaid fighting two Sabres and far from a real fight. Not sure Tropp threw a punch.

Old
09-09-2012, 08:54 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
Doubt that.

Edit: Found it. It was McQuaid fighting two Sabres and far from a real fight. Not sure Tropp threw a punch.
We'll see what happens, There is a possibility that Ference and Tropp will fight each other this year. IMO I think Tropp would beat Ference in a fight.

Old
09-09-2012, 09:07 PM
hlaverty06

Clarkson would kick all their ***** !

Dont want banter to die down

Old
09-09-2012, 09:12 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:

David Clarkson is the best middleweight in the league besides Arron Asham.

Old
09-09-2012, 09:18 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

Quote:
We'll see what happens, There is a possibility that Ference and Tropp will fight each other this year. IMO I think Tropp would beat Ference in a fight.
I wouldn't expect so with how must fights are draws these days.

Quote:

Then Lucic comes in for Clarkson though

Old
09-09-2012, 09:45 PM
hlaverty06

Quote:
I wouldn't expect so with how must fights are draws these days.

Then Lucic comes in for Clarkson though

Then Erskine and Orr come for Lucic!

In all seriousness though Clarksons a hit or miss in fights, he can either get his ass kicked or deal out quite the punishment

Old
09-10-2012, 10:40 AM
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen65 View Post
It's kind of a weird thing. When i was a kid, the Bruins were the Sabres biggest rival because of the Bruins dominance of them up till the early 90's. I remember somebody gave me a Bruins cap when i was about 8 or 9, before i was a hockey fan, and walking around Buffalo with that on would get so much reaction. I always had to explain that i wasn't a Bruins fan, it was just a hat somebody had given me. The pinnacle of the rivalry was the May day goal, then it just stopped basically. The biggest rival for Sabres fans turned to Toronto once they entered the division, but even that was never a heated rivalry. There was a couple years where it was Ottawa, a little bit with Carolina, but that was it. Until last year the Sabres rivalries had basically disappeared. i really never even thought of Boston as a rival until the Lucic run on Miller. Not even a little bit. Now i ****ing hate Boston. I hate the players on the team, hate you Bruins fans, and can't wait till this season starts, basically just to get to the Bruins games. It's a great thing. In some weird way Sabres fans really owe Milan Lucic a debt of gratitude.
Its very true.. i never had a problem with buffalo or their fans.. then looch hits miller (which was suspendable) and millers tampon got all wadded up, and here we are. Having a pissing contest via the interwebz haha. I love it, i hope it becomes a more bloody rivalry. I just hope they get to play each other the full 6 times this season.

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 11:05 AM
newfy

To chime in on the Tropp/Ference thing. Tropp already looks more impressive to me in fights and hes barely been in the league. Also gotta think coming out of the NCAA that he'll only get better with experience that should come from playing full time this year.

Bruins are definitely a tougher team and Buffalo while tough, are more of a group of agitators than legit tough guys

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 11:07 AM
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
To chime in on the Tropp/Ference thing. Tropp already looks more impressive to me in fights and hes barely been in the league. Also gotta think coming out of the NCAA that he'll only get better with experience that should come from playing full time this year.

Bruins are definitely a tougher team and Buffalo while tough, are more of a group of agitators than legit tough guys
I think thats what several of us are trying to say. Its just turned into a pissing contest that fans of buffalo and boston won't let go haha.

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 12:16 PM
Bruise Bros 2426

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post

Yeah, Ference isn't a great fighter but he isn't afraid to throw 'em. I think Boston is definitely the tougher team, still. In addition to getting Steve Ott and John Scott, Corey Tropp and Marcus Foligno will be up full-time this year, so Buffalo will definitely be a tougher team than last year. Let's take a look at what each team could look like. (Bruins and Sabres fans feel free to critique the lineups)

Boston:

Lucic-Seguin-Krejci
Marchand-Bergeron-Horton
Kelly-Peverley-Caron
Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Chara-Seidenberg
Boychuk-Ference
McQuaid-Exelby(?)

Buffalo:

Vanek-Hodgson-Pominville
Gerbe-Leino-Stafford
Ennis-Ott-Kaleta
Foligno-McCormick-Tropp

Ehrhoff-Myers
Leopold-Regehr
Sejera-Weber

Bruise Bros 2426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 01:16 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruise Bros 2426 View Post
Yeah, Ference isn't a great fighter but he isn't afraid to throw 'em. I think Boston is definitely the tougher team, still. In addition to getting Steve Ott and John Scott, Corey Tropp and Marcus Foligno will be up full-time this year, so Buffalo will definitely be a tougher team than last year. Let's take a look at what each team could look like. (Bruins and Sabres fans feel free to critique the lineups)

Boston:

Lucic-Seguin-Krejci
Marchand-Bergeron-Horton
Kelly-Peverley-Caron
Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Chara-Seidenberg
Boychuk-Ference
McQuaid-Exelby(?)

Buffalo:

Vanek-Hodgson-Pominville
Gerbe-Leino-Stafford
Ennis-Ott-Kaleta
Foligno-McCormick-Tropp

Ehrhoff-Myers
Leopold-Regehr
Sejera-Weber
Lucic-Krejci-Horton
Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
Caron-Kelly-Pevs
Paille-Campbell-Thornton
MacDermid

Z-Boychuk
Seids-McQuaid
Ference-Hamilton/Ex

Rask
Khob

and i would add scott as the 13th forward to the sabres

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 05:03 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

The bruins are arguably the softest team in the league, they can't take a hit without getting their knickers in a twist and gooning it up

Says the haters

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote