HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

No more Season Ticket Books - Replaced by Blue Jackets Season Pass

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-08-2012, 07:19 PM
  #51
Double-Shift Lassé
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassé's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Semirural Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 19,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
So I print the tickets, not the CBJ? For the amount of money I spend each season between my two plans (over $7000), I think they should accommodate me with either hard tickets printed by them, or a card loaded with my portion (15-20 GAMES) of that shared plan. Each game we attend has a ticket face value of $110 per seat. I think they ought to do that for us. That's all.

I've printed tickets before, I get how it works. I've used the ticket forwarding feature a few times. Printed tickets when I go straight to games from work and my tickets are at home. I'm just saying it's poor customer service for a pretty high priced entertainment investment.

They should print my portion of the shared plan tix or load a card with them. Why is that too much to ask?
Derby -
Is your plan shared as far as the CBJ ticket office is concerned? I don't know how you arrange it, so I'm asking legit. You have multiple PSLs in different names but divvy up the games among the holders? How do they do that? Do they send you only tickets for your seat? Or do have have a "point person" among your share group who deals with the ticket office and then divvies the tickets/games up afterward?

__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
Double-Shift Lassé is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 07:20 PM
  #52
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman
 
1857 Howitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
I am paying for the arena experience. I am paying a premium for all that comes with club seats. To say that I am paying for the product on the ice is naive. I can stay home, watch "the product on the ice" for the cost of my cable subscription.

The fact that I am paying to be there in person in premium seats deserves some attention in the way of service and convenience that is being ignored, IMO.

This is true for your $15 seats, too. With purchasing any arena plan, efforts should be made to accommodate the customer.

I am not livid, just head-shaking-disappointed. An unnecessary inconvenience for those of us who share a plan. I'd be happy to send an easy to read three column list to the CBJ of which games go on which of three shareholder's cards. Heck, load them onto my "other card" for my own half game PSL plan in the lower sidelines.

The "print them yourself" attitude irks me.
Well put on all points.

__________________
“@Aportzline: RT @skeezer1212: @Aportzline are you on record about if you think they should trade Nash, *Carter? / Not my place. Reporter, not columnist.”
1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 07:49 PM
  #53
Iron Balls McGinty
Registered User
 
Iron Balls McGinty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sec. 203/Worthington
Country: United States
Posts: 1,916
vCash: 500
Honestly as well, the team and the other teams in the NHL who are implementing this made a smart move to do it this season. At a minimum, Edmonton and Tampa are doing it this season and Phoenix has been doing this for a few years now.

No point in spending money to print full season tickets for the games when there is a good possibility the entire schedule could be changed or cancelled due to the lockout.

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 07:49 PM
  #54
JMFJcbj
Registered User
 
JMFJcbj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
I intentionally bought 8 tickets to the Blackhawks, Penguins, and NYR... should be interesting lol.

JMFJcbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 07:57 PM
  #55
SuperGenius
Moderator
For Duty & Humanity!
 
SuperGenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,073
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post
Honestly as well, the team and the other teams in the NHL who are implementing this made a smart move to do it this season. At a minimum, Edmonton and Tampa are doing it this season and Phoenix has been doing this for a few years now.

No point in spending money to print full season tickets for the games when there is a good possibility the entire schedule could be changed or cancelled due to the lockout.
On a related note, a serviceable, but not particularly nice or outstanding spiral bound booklet of Penguins season tickets arrived by FedEx at a friend's house today while I was there. They also occasionally send out DVDs, t-shirts, etc as well.

The really sort of smug, annoying thing is how they also include tickets for all four rounds of the playoffs.

back on topic,

I get the disappointment, but I'd wait to hear from my rep before getting too riled. Getting an extra card or three may not be a particularly big deal.

I like it. If I want to share, I'll print them or email them. No big deal to me.

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 09:25 PM
  #56
Derby
Pilsners in Prague
 
Derby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
Derby -
Is your plan shared as far as the CBJ ticket office is concerned? I don't know how you arrange it, so I'm asking legit. You have multiple PSLs in different names but divvy up the games among the holders? How do they do that? Do they send you only tickets for your seat? Or do have have a "point person" among your share group who deals with the ticket office and then divvies the tickets/games up afterward?
The correct answer is sort of a meld of both scenario. One person holds the PSL. However, the CBJ ticket office has managed to bill us each in separate payments each month. Our WONDERFUL ticket rep treats each of us very very well. I have no problem AT ALL with the service at that level. Really top notch.

Now that I think about it, the organization provides the "split service" among the share holders when it means getting our money. Let's hope they will be as gracious and accommodating when I ask them to divide the games as we choose among a few sets of cards.

It is NOT the fault of the reps. The brochure and website state that the shared plans be divided via printing tix at our end. I put that on the admin.


Last edited by Derby: 09-08-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Derby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 10:44 PM
  #57
RDriesenUD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
It's not too hard to see how this is a problem for shared plan holders is it? Or gifting or donating tickets?
Actually, yes, it is. I guess I am just someone who doesn't see the point in complaining about things this small. All you have to do is print the ticket out if you are going to a game and don't have the card. You might even be able to have it on your phone. Does anyone know if they can scan the ticket barcodes on your phone?

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 12:13 AM
  #58
IBleedUnionBlue
Registered User
 
IBleedUnionBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,138
vCash: 27476
Can someone answer: Back when we put in order for ST's, we were charged $20. What was that $20 for? I've seen talk it was for ship & handle of tix.


Last edited by IBleedUnionBlue: 09-09-2012 at 01:16 AM.
IBleedUnionBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 06:43 AM
  #59
Double-Shift Lassé
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassé's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Semirural Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 19,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
The correct answer is sort of a meld of both scenario. One person holds the PSL. However, the CBJ ticket office has managed to bill us each in separate payments each month. Our WONDERFUL ticket rep treats each of us very very well. I have no problem AT ALL with the service at that level. Really top notch.

Now that I think about it, the organization provides the "split service" among the share holders when it means getting our money. Let's hope they will be as gracious and accommodating when I ask them to divide the games as we choose among a few sets of cards.

It is NOT the fault of the reps. The brochure and website state that the shared plans be divided via printing tix at our end. I put that on the admin.
Didn't mean to imply reps had anything to do with it - just trying to get a sense for how the org. "sees" your situation.

Had you said that there's a single point person for payment and shipping, and that person handles all the sharing after the fact, then I'd have been inclined to say that the org. is handling the situation as it should given that it may not even know the "shareholders" exist.

Given you answer, though, I'm inclined to say the org. had best be flexible when it comes to cards/tickets for your group. Good luck. If your rep is awesome, I'm sure he/she will try and arrange something for you.

Double-Shift Lassé is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 07:10 AM
  #60
Arch City Zach
Registered User
 
Arch City Zach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jag72 View Post
Not sure why you quoted me as I was not complaining about it. I actually like the idea of the card in place of the tickets. I can just see how it could possible be a PITA for some.
Was quoting you as someone who's not complaining. Sorry if it came off the other way.

Arch City Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 09:20 AM
  #61
jag72
Registered User
 
jag72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachACA View Post
Was quoting you as someone who's not complaining. Sorry if it came off the other way.
Not a problem. I just read it the wrong way. I went back and see what you were trying to do now.

jag72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 10:48 AM
  #62
gocbj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoney17 View Post
Oh no! What about the chili . . . if they score 3 goals in game????
...and a free donut or coffee?? at Tim Hortons for a win.

gocbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 12:23 PM
  #63
Cyclones Rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocbj View Post
...and a free donut or coffee?? at Tim Hortons for a win.
They could have Nationwide personnel pass out coupons for these giveaways as people leave the building. But that creates more paper...there goes the lame "eco friendly" notion of this south of silly policy.

This "pass" idea complicates a very simple process. There was no need to change a long-standing successful method of ticket distribution. The "old system" works just fine and ticketing for an entire year creates a fraction of the material "waste" that a single game generates-especially for a team with as pitifully small a season ticket base as the Jackets have

It's going to be amusing to watch the system's glitches at the gate. The Jackets are going to likely alienate the few people who shell out real money to see them.

"If it ain't broke don't fix it" doesn't seem to resonate with this organization. Steve Mason endures; simple ducats for STHs don't.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 12:36 PM
  #64
Derby
Pilsners in Prague
 
Derby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
Didn't mean to imply reps had anything to do with it - just trying to get a sense for how the org. "sees" your situation.

Had you said that there's a single point person for payment and shipping, and that person handles all the sharing after the fact, then I'd have been inclined to say that the org. is handling the situation as it should given that it may not even know the "shareholders" exist.

Given you answer, though, I'm inclined to say the org. had best be flexible when it comes to cards/tickets for your group. Good luck. If your rep is awesome, I'm sure he/she will try and arrange something for you.
Yeah, I get that you didn't mean any fault by the ticket reps. I just get super defensive of those kids in ticket sales. Loooong hours, big pressure from the org despite the poor product, and often times cranky~rude~hostile clients.

I've had just 3 different reps in my years as a STH, but even the ones not assigned to my account have been consistently friendly, helpful and upbeat in even the worst situations. I've seen patrons go bug-nuts on the young ticket reps at the service counter game nights and it ticks me off.

I know that some STH gripe about Nash's trade, Mason still in goal, price of beer, and other things long and hard to the reps, even though those things are clearly outside their control. They have done an admirable job taking care of my ticketing issues which arise from time to time. Always with wonderful attitudes.

The problems lie above them on the chain of power.

Derby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 03:40 PM
  #65
RDriesenUD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
They could have Nationwide personnel pass out coupons for these giveaways as people leave the building. But that creates more paper...there goes the lame "eco friendly" notion of this south of silly policy.

This "pass" idea complicates a very simple process. There was no need to change a long-standing successful method of ticket distribution. The "old system" works just fine and ticketing for an entire year creates a fraction of the material "waste" that a single game generates-especially for a team with as pitifully small a season ticket base as the Jackets have

It's going to be amusing to watch the system's glitches at the gate. The Jackets are going to likely alienate the few people who shell out real money to see them.

"If it ain't broke don't fix it" doesn't seem to resonate with this organization. Steve Mason endures; simple ducats for STHs don't.
Actually, this idea makes things easier. It is a lot easier to put a pass in your wallet/purse and always have it on you than to have to make sure you have your tickets, and the right ones, each game. I find all this complainig over something so small to be quite amusing.

Also, I could see them being able to do a lot of things with this in the future. You could put money on to it when you pay for your tickets and use it to buy beer, food, etc.... at the games without needing a credit card or cash. They could even do promotions where they give STH's a free beer, hot dog, etc.... at each game or certain games. Maybe even give away shirts, etc....

IMO, this is something that makes it easier for fans and has a lot of potential if done right.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 05:06 PM
  #66
Derby
Pilsners in Prague
 
Derby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
Actually, this idea makes things easier. It is a lot easier to put a pass in your wallet/purse and always have it on you than to have to make sure you have your tickets, and the right ones, each game. I find all this complaining over something so small to be quite amusing.
Also, I could see them being able to do a lot of things with this in the future. You could put money on to it when you pay for your tickets and use it to buy beer, food, etc.... at the games without needing a credit card or cash. They could even do promotions where they give STH's a free beer, hot dog, etc.... at each game or certain games. Maybe even give away shirts, etc....

IMO, this is something that makes it easier for fans and has a lot of potential if done right.
I am no Luddite.

If they could split the shared holders onto separate cards, and perhaps if we could order "hard tickets" for the occasional give-away donations or gifts, I'd be thrilled. Even have them printed like the smaller box office tickets for those purposes on an as-needed basis, I am 100% on board.

It reminds me when our company started offering direct deposit pay many years back. Only a few volunteered for that, and as they saw the convenience more and more joined in the direct deposit program. One woman refused. When it became mandatory after about 6 years, she quit her job. QUIT HER JOB. Now, that's rediculous...

I get the potential here. Fan Bucks loaded onto the card, promotional items, attendance to STH events like the Howson chats, exclusive player signings, and STH appreciation day, all without the crappy PDF tickets previously required. All that sounds good.

IF they can load shared plans onto individual cards according to how we indicate the games are divided, I'm good.

Maybe my situation is simply more complicated than most. But make no mistake, I am not "fighting progress". Just not my style!


Last edited by Derby: 09-09-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Derby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 06:56 PM
  #67
gocbj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 335
vCash: 500
I completely agree that for Joe Fan, it is very, very convenient. But for corporate PSL owners (like me - I have 8 total tickets) who give away 90% of the tickets to dozens - if not hundreds of different people, it is going to be a pain in the neck. I once took 100 tickets to a golf outing for our clients, and handed out 50 pairs for various games. "Here." Done. PLUS, I am certain that those tickets often got handed to someone else. I give them to the CEO of a company who gives them to his kids.

Think about Ohio Health and the Dispatch and other founding sponsors who have hundreds of tickets for each game.

gocbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 07:16 PM
  #68
RDriesenUD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocbj View Post
I completely agree that for Joe Fan, it is very, very convenient. But for corporate PSL owners (like me - I have 8 total tickets) who give away 90% of the tickets to dozens - if not hundreds of different people, it is going to be a pain in the neck. I once took 100 tickets to a golf outing for our clients, and handed out 50 pairs for various games. "Here." Done. PLUS, I am certain that those tickets often got handed to someone else. I give them to the CEO of a company who gives them to his kids.

Think about Ohio Health and the Dispatch and other founding sponsors who have hundreds of tickets for each game.
In those situations they can print them out or email their workers, partners, etc.... the tickets. I just don't see it as being any different than before, except for the people who have their own ticket. For those people it is easier. Look, I understand why you would want the actual ticket, but is it really that big of a deal to print out or email the ticket? I guess I just don't see this as a reason to get all worked up. Try it out. If it is really that much of a problem you can talk to the Blue Jackets about what the problem is and if there is something that can be done to make it better.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 07:32 PM
  #69
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman
 
1857 Howitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,429
vCash: 500
Have you ever printed a ticket? They flat out look tacky. MLB pdf tickets are not to bad, but the Ticketmaster pdf tickets look like junk. There is no way I would want to give them out to my clients if I was a business owner.

Here is what they look like and keep in mind that most of the time people are going to print them on normal thin printer paper and not thicker stock.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 11.27.11 CBJ Ticket.pdf‎ (134.4 KB, 14 views)


Last edited by 1857 Howitzer: 09-09-2012 at 07:47 PM.
1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 07:39 PM
  #70
Derby
Pilsners in Prague
 
Derby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocbj View Post
I completely agree that for Joe Fan, it is very, very convenient. But for corporate PSL owners (like me - I have 8 total tickets) who give away 90% of the tickets to dozens - if not hundreds of different people, it is going to be a pain in the neck. I once took 100 tickets to a golf outing for our clients, and handed out 50 pairs for various games. "Here." Done. PLUS, I am certain that those tickets often got handed to someone else. I give them to the CEO of a company who gives them to his kids.

Think about Ohio Health and the Dispatch and other founding sponsors who have hundreds of tickets for each game.
I will be shocked if they don't handle corporate accounts differently. What company has the manpower to individually print those tickets? You can't even print a season run of the tickets. Each game must print individually.

This is unacceptable customer service for the amount of money businesses spend for season tickets. I have friends with small businesses who have seat plans and they too give away tix to clients, employees and charites. PDFs from ticketmaster are a cheapo alternative for a huge monetary expenditure, not to mention the org should print, not the customer.

Struggling to see why people can't understand that the transfer of tickets this way is unacceptable in many cases. Emailing tickets or printing them is a several step process. I've done it. Can't imagine handling this process for corporate blocks. CBJ has considered this, I'd hope.

Derby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 08:14 PM
  #71
IBleedUnionBlue
Registered User
 
IBleedUnionBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,138
vCash: 27476
I personally question whether an injection molding process used to manufacture plastic cards is more eco-friendly then a printing process.

IBleedUnionBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 08:34 PM
  #72
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman
 
1857 Howitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,429
vCash: 500
Eco-friendly has become a lame corporate buzzword used to justify cheapness.

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 11:39 PM
  #73
Monk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,284
vCash: 500
I don't even have a printer.

Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 11:50 PM
  #74
plong123
Litebrite Stinger
 
plong123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Stretchrunston
Country: United States
Posts: 1,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
I don't even have a printer.
Get a laser printer. You can find them on sale sometimes for $50 at OfficeMax and Staples. Only does black and white, but the toner lasts forever and it prints really fast. Love my laser printer, would never go back.

plong123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 11:55 PM
  #75
plong123
Litebrite Stinger
 
plong123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Stretchrunston
Country: United States
Posts: 1,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
...Penguins...The really sort of smug, annoying thing is how they also include tickets for all four rounds of the playoffs...
Oh, we totally got that too. One of my prized possessions (for the irony lulz) are my Stanley Cup Finals CBJ tickets. If it wasn't 1am I would scan it and post it. Maybe later.

Ah, to hell with it. Back in five.

Edit: Ta-da!!



This is a ticket for a home Game 7 of the 2009 Stanley Cup Finals. We were only, what, 15 wins away from this game? LOL

Edit part 2: I laughed at this so hard I had to make it my avatar.


Last edited by plong123: 09-10-2012 at 12:16 AM.
plong123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.