HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offseason Thread IV: Vorassic Park

Closed Thread

Old
09-10-2012, 07:50 AM
BernieParent

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I love the way it seems like other fan bases are under valuing Couts now. I think people believe he played 20 minutes a night and was a mainstay on our 1st unit PP. Flyers are breaking this kid in the right way, letting the veterans lead the way while he learns the game and adjusts to the speed. Also many rookies hit that wall, Couts showed no sign of that last year IMO. That was a great job by Lavy bringing him along the right way. He is a very talented offensive player, I guess people outside of us really haven't seen him play too much.

I am hoping for close to 40-45 points out of him this year. Schenn I hope for 50, and it would be great if he has a tremendous break out year and hits close to 60. It will really shut people up about these two kids "not having it" or being "way overvalued by our fanbase". Also kinda funny how we over value them, but every proposal made for our team seemingly has them in it. Funny how that works.
Edmonton (and other) team fans can spout off all they want about their prospects. I don't see the big deal about comparing Couturier to Nugent-Hopkins or anyone else, for that matter. The Flyers made the most of trading Carter, and came out with one of the best talents of that draft class. Couturier stepped into an already deep line-up, and I was very impressed that he made a strong case for sticking with them.

I look forward to enjoying Couturier's play in the O&B for many years to come.

Old
09-10-2012, 08:31 AM
thelos
Bunk

Yeah I think Couturier will take a big step forward offensively this year. Just having Read on his wing all year rather than Rinaldo will do wonders

Old
09-10-2012, 12:46 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
Matt Read, the guy who scored 24 goals last season, probably wants to play more than fourth line minutes.

I'm ok with the roster right now.
If there is a chance to get Yandle or Enstrom we should consider it but right now we should just stay course and look how L.Schenn and the other young guys respond to the bigger roles they'll have to fill next season.

A guy I like recently is Giordano. He's a complete package and could help in every facet of the game. He'd blossom in this city and in Lavy's system.

Giordano-Schenn
Coburn-Grossmann
Timonen-Bourdon
I was just assuming Matt Read gets traded so room is made for Clowe. Yeah, Read's got offensive skills but he's undersized and the league is getting bigger. Clowe's got size, can score, and is physical. Not saying I want to trade Read but if it's to get Clowe or somebody like that I'd do it.

Old
09-10-2012, 01:03 PM
Brozgalov

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
I was just assuming Matt Read gets traded so room is made for Clowe. Yeah, Read's got offensive skills but he's undersized and the league is getting smaller. Clowe's got size, can score, and is physical. Not saying I want to trade Read but if it's to get Clowe or somebody like that I'd do it.
ftfy

Old
09-10-2012, 01:08 PM
Prongo
Beer

I'm just going to report back here with all the silly stuff I see on the main boards haha.

Krieder is the most over rated prospect on these boards. Prime example, somebody just said they wouldn't trade him away unless Malkin or Stamkos were coming back in the package.

Also the Clowe argument, why do we even need Clowe? With Hartnell and even Schenn most likely playing wing, he really isn't needed in our top 6. Even Simmonds can put up the production Clowe does, and still contribute with all the other categories Clowe brings as well(fighting, hitting, average defense)

Old
09-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Brozgalov

Quote:
Krieder is the most over rated prospect on these boards. Prime example, somebody just said they wouldn't trade him away unless Malkin or Stamkos were coming back in the package.
I haven't followed him that closely, but the amount of attention he got for having a few good playoff games was ridiculous... he has some speed but jesus christ calm down with the praises... how many games has he even played?!

Old
09-10-2012, 01:31 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brozgalov View Post
I haven't followed him that closely, but the amount of attention he got for having a few good playoff games was ridiculous... he has some speed but jesus christ calm down with the praises... how many games has he even played?!
He played in 18 games. 5 goals and 2 assists. He really didn't have a "spectacular" playoffs either. He just had so much hype everyone took his positives and it just escalated from there. Don't get me wrong, I think he is a solid young prospect, but some of the quotes and proposals being thrown around by Ranger fans, you would think he is the next Gretzky(oh wait, that's RNH.......)

Old
09-10-2012, 01:46 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
I love when Oilers fans (not all of them) compare RNH's vision to Gretzky.

Old
09-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingForsberg View Post
I love when Oilers fans (not all of them) compare RNH's vision to Gretzky.
I believe it was like 3 scouts who said it, and some of them worked for organizations I have never even heard of. It's just the simple HF logic that my team's prospect>>>>your prospect.

Old
09-10-2012, 06:34 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
He played in 18 games. 5 goals and 2 assists. He really didn't have a "spectacular" playoffs either. He just had so much hype everyone took his positives and it just escalated from there. Don't get me wrong, I think he is a solid young prospect, but some of the quotes and proposals being thrown around by Ranger fans, you would think he is the next Gretzky(oh wait, that's RNH.......)
Kreider is the next Nugent-Hopkins. You read it here first!

Old
09-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Jray42

vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Octagon View Post
Totally...who would want a guy who can score, hit, fight, lead, and shows up in the playoffs??
Because we have absolutely no need for a guy like Clowe? The only spot in our lineup he'd fit in is the third line, and his assets are not what we need to be focusing on acquiring right now. Not only that, if were going to make a trade giving up assets/ cap space, it should be for a veteran defenseman, not someone we don;t need, but would be a luxury, especially when we have Simmonds.

Old
09-10-2012, 11:25 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
Because we have absolutely no need for a guy like Clowe? The only spot in our lineup he'd fit in is the third line, and his assets are not what we need to be focusing on acquiring right now. Not only that, if were going to make a trade giving up assets/ cap space, it should be for a veteran defenseman, not someone we don;t need, but would be a luxury, especially when we have Simmonds.

Clowe is a free agent next year.

Old
09-11-2012, 12:11 AM
Prongo
Beer

Galch+Subban for Giroux is what I am discussing now on the main boards. If you think this was offered by the Flyers for Montreal, they would decline? They take that deal in a heartbeat, and don't look back.

Also Galch has as much potential to be Giroux, so it wouldn't hurt to trade Giroux for Galch!

/Main board chronicles III

Old
09-11-2012, 12:40 AM
Prongo
Beer

I now have learned that every 3rd overall draft pick has the ability to become as good or even better than Giroux right now. We should just trade up for the 3rd overall every year, no matter the price! This guy is relentless out there. He keeps comparing Giroux to players he is better than, and trying to make it rational for the Flyers to make the trade. It just isn't making sense.

/Main board Chronicles IV

Last edited by Prongo: 09-11-2012 at 01:37 AM.
Old
09-11-2012, 03:09 AM
mirimon

The Rangers have re-signed Steve Eminger, in an obvious attempt of a sign-and-trade for the rights to John Carlson, to a one-year contract worth 750k.

Old
09-11-2012, 06:56 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
The Rangers have re-signed Steve Eminger, in an obvious attempt of a sign-and-trade for the rights to John Carlson, to a one-year contract worth 750k.
First Nash now this....

Old
09-11-2012, 07:43 AM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
I am now officially relieved that there will be a lock-out this season.

Old
09-11-2012, 10:10 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
I now have learned that every 3rd overall draft pick has the ability to become as good or even better than Giroux right now. We should just trade up for the 3rd overall every year, no matter the price! This guy is relentless out there. He keeps comparing Giroux to players he is better than, and trying to make it rational for the Flyers to make the trade. It just isn't making sense.

/Main board Chronicles IV
Can we make a thread of "Main Board Chronicles" or would it be looked down upon by mods?

It'll be by far the most entertaining use of our extended offseason at this point.

Old
09-11-2012, 12:00 PM
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Can we make a thread of "Main Board Chronicles" or would it be looked down upon by mods?

It'll be by far the most entertaining use of our extended offseason at this point.
This would be cool thread. I just met a guy who bumped a mock draft thread where "he called a trade: Carter for 1st round pick and Josef Voracek"

Anyway, all Brian Burke threads are comedy gold.

Last edited by kudymen: 09-11-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old
09-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Prongo
Beer

Rozsival has signed a one year deal with the Blackhawks. Worth 2 million dollars.

Last edited by Prongo: 09-11-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old
09-11-2012, 12:58 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Edmonton (and other) team fans can spout off all they want about their prospects. I don't see the big deal about comparing Couturier to Nugent-Hopkins or anyone else, for that matter. The Flyers made the most of trading Carter, and came out with one of the best talents of that draft class. Couturier stepped into an already deep line-up, and I was very impressed that he made a strong case for sticking with them.

I look forward to enjoying Couturier's play in the O&B for many years to come.
Wowowow... Hopkins is better, period, there's no comparison and they play different roles.

Old
09-11-2012, 01:01 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
Wowowow... Hopkins is better, period, there's no comparison and they play different roles.
I see no internal contradiction in that sentence.

Old
09-11-2012, 01:58 PM
thelos
Bunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
Offensively, sure, but Couturier is going to be an extremely valuable player for this team for a long time, while still providing solid offense.

Old
09-11-2012, 08:35 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelos View Post
Offensively, sure, but Couturier is going to be an extremely valuable player for this team for a long time, while still providing solid offense.
No. Ninety-nine is right. Stop it. Hopkins is better, in every way, shape and form. End of story.

And I adored him in Silence of the Lambs.

Old
09-11-2012, 09:23 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Galch+Subban for Giroux is what I am discussing now on the main boards. If you think this was offered by the Flyers for Montreal, they would decline? They take that deal in a heartbeat, and don't look back.

Also Galch has as much potential to be Giroux, so it wouldn't hurt to trade Giroux for Galch!

/Main board chronicles III
Just ignore those Habfan morons. I would not trade Giroux for the entire Montreal team and all their 2012 draft picks.

Subban might turn out to be a good Dman some day, but right now he's an erratic, suckhole turnover machine. I like having him on the ice for Montreal, it means turnover chances for us every time he hogs the puck or tries to pass it.

Closed Thread