HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jussi Jokinen to Phoenix

Old
09-10-2012, 07:03 AM
BuddehJuS

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BuddehJuS
Jussi Jokinen to Phoenix

He's played under Tipp in the past, and seemed to do well. Carolina could use some defensive help, and the Yotes have it in droves. I'm still leery of Sullivan replacing Whitney, and I like Jokinen's versatility to play Center or Wing, though I know he's better at the latter.

Thoughts?

BuddehJuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 09:32 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

My guess is that after acquiring Staal and Semin the Hurricanes aren't looking to move top performing pieces. I think they're looking to really compete now.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 09:35 AM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

The Hurricanes demand OEL, Gormley and a conditional 1st, on the condition that, upon physical examination, Jussi Jokinen is deemed Finnish.

Jokinen is one of our top performers, is on a great contract and really loves the area (the org is low key, the media even more so, and he gets to play with his two BFF's from his childhood). I don't think we will trade him.

Finlandia WOAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 09:39 AM
Tuomaz

Jussi Jokinen for Lauri Korpikoski

Tuomaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 10:08 AM
David Tanabe

Something around Jokinen for Chipchura? The Hurricanes are pretty soft and need a solid defensive presence at the third-line center position. Losing Jokinen would hurt but really we have enough undersized scoring forwards. I think Phoenix would add but it's a starting point.

David Tanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

I would love to add him, but i dont think they are looking to move him, and I'm not we would want to give up what's necessary to get him.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 11:02 AM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
I would love to add him, but i dont think they are looking to move him, and I'm not we would want to give up what's necessary to get him.
I agree. I was thinking about what it would take for Dalpe.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 11:14 AM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tanabe View Post
Something around Jokinen for Chipchura? The Hurricanes are pretty soft and need a solid defensive presence at the third-line center position. Losing Jokinen would hurt but really we have enough undersized scoring forwards. I think Phoenix would add but it's a starting point.
A starting point for a 50 point winger/center under 30 years old is Kyle Chipchura?

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
I was thinking about what it would take for Dalpe.

Zac Dalpe
2013 4th

Paul Bissonette

Carolinas Identity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 01:29 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi Trollinen View Post

Zac Dalpe
2013 4th

Paul Bissonette
if it ain't for a depth d'man than forget it. Maloney stated after the Coyotes lost Pyatt to free agency, that they were going to try to get Bissonette more playing time. The Coyotes need to add a couple of forwards to the roster (hopefully Doan is one) and can not afford to trade 1 at the moment. And I don't think that Dalpe would be an upgrade to Johnson (in the depth charts), just thinking that the Coyotes may benefit (long term) upgrading their depth at forward by trading a depth d'man. Thought maybe the 'Canes would have interest in Summers...

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 01:41 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
The Hurricanes went into this offseason wanting to acquire a couple top-six forwards. They did that in Staal and Semin. No reason for them to subtract one now for more defensemen. They're pretty loaded on defense actually, and that's without Murphy making the team. Pitkanen, McBain, Gleason, Corvo, Harrison, and Faulk. Gragnani as the seventh. Murphy thrown into the mix as well.

As for Sullivan replacing Whitney, he won't. At this point Sullivan won't come close to replacing Whitney, who was arguably Phoenix's best player last season. Even if Doan stays, Phoenix lost a lot of offense this offseason but Jokinen isn't available. Sullivan will do a little bit, but the Coyotes are going to have to rely heavily on guys like Vrbata, Boedker, Vermette, and Hanzal to produce offensively this year. Aside from Andrei Kostitsyn, there's zero offense left on the market. Another option is to make a trade, but Jussi Jokinen won't be it; Carolina won't part with him.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 02:00 PM
Redcoyote
Hungry

I doubt the hurricanes would be willing to trade him but Id love having him in phx (which is another low-key organization).

Id be willing to start with summers+ if they even wanted to talk at all.

Redcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 02:32 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
The Hurricanes went into this offseason wanting to acquire a couple top-six forwards. They did that in Staal and Semin. No reason for them to subtract one now for more defensemen. They're pretty loaded on defense actually, and that's without Murphy making the team. Pitkanen, McBain, Gleason, Corvo, Harrison, and Faulk. Gragnani as the seventh. Murphy thrown into the mix as well.

As for Sullivan replacing Whitney, he won't. At this point Sullivan won't come close to replacing Whitney, who was arguably Phoenix's best player last season. Even if Doan stays, Phoenix lost a lot of offense this offseason but Jokinen isn't available. Sullivan will do a little bit, but the Coyotes are going to have to rely heavily on guys like Vrbata, Boedker, Vermette, and Hanzal to produce offensively this year. Aside from Andrei Kostitsyn, there's zero offense left on the market. Another option is to make a trade, but Jussi Jokinen won't be it; Carolina won't part with him.
No one ever thought Whitney would ever put up such points like he did in a contract season with the Coyotes but my my amazing how Dave Tippett has a system in place that is well known to bring out the best in his players. Anyways, I don't Jussi Jokinen being moved from Carolina either.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 06:53 AM
Rutkowski

And Whitney was good, yes, really good but he wasn't arguably the best last season. OEL, Klesla, Yandle, Vrbata and Smith all got decent claims for that title.

Rutkowski is offline   Reply With Quote