HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings Prospects Tracker - Part IV - The Search for More Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
09-10-2012, 12:47 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Moosehead fans have not been happy at all with Frks discipline. It is just preseason and he might be trying to send a message early to avoid him and others like Mackinnon so maybe hes just acting tougher than usual
I'm kind of happy that we are drafting kids that are mean.

**** soft euros

Old
09-10-2012, 12:49 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Looks like CSKA's coach doesn't have much patience with Marchenko since he was benched in the 1st period on Sunday and again today in the 1st period. He was on the ice during an opposition goal in both games, played 4:05 in the first game and only 1:36 so far today(1 period left). They seem to have 7 d-men in the line-up and he's the odd man out. So it's not looking too good right now...
Have you seen any of those games?

Old
09-10-2012, 01:09 PM
ChadS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Have you seen any of those games?
I watched the first one but only managed to see one of his shifts (3 total...) today. Not easy to judge a player based on only a handful of shifts in two separate games. Hopefully he'll get more icetime and if he doesn't, I hope they move him somewhere where he gets to play.

Old
09-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Konnan511
#FreePulu

Send a message via AIM to Konnan511
Quote:
I watched the first one but only managed to see one of his shifts (3 total...) today. Not easy to judge a player based on only a handful of shifts in two separate games. Hopefully he'll get more icetime and if he doesn't, I hope they move him somewhere where he gets to play.
I'm surprised they just don't put him with their junior team. After that injury he needs to get his head back in the along with his body.

Old
09-10-2012, 03:20 PM
ChadS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnan511 View Post
I'm surprised they just don't put him with their junior team. After that injury he needs to get his head back in the along with his body.
I don't know if he can still play there or is there a age limit. Probably could but he already 'dominated' that league three years ago so I don't think it would help him much.

In the two CSKA games I've seen, I noticed an other d-man who really looked good: Andrei Sergeyev. He's just 21 even though I first thought he was like 25 at least. Very good puck mover, skater and managed in his own end as well. The Wings could try inviting him to camp next year

Old
09-10-2012, 04:21 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Hell, if he is not going to play there bring him to Grand Rapids.

Old
09-10-2012, 04:46 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF AmericanLionsFan View Post
Hell, if he is not going to play there bring him to Grand Rapids.
I don't think all KHL contracts have outclauses by default? Even if so, that deadline has probably passed anyway. Well, after his season is finished he can probably sign a try-out and play. KHL season ends way before the rest of the hockey world does, especially for teams knocked out early.

Old
09-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

man, Nedomlel just keeps going. I remember lots of people thought early on last season it was just a fluke. His play is not a fluke. The kid has legitimate offensive skills. If he can find a way to combine the big, tough defensive defenseman he used to be with the offensive guy he is now, he could be an NHL defenseman for sure.

Old
09-10-2012, 05:56 PM
WesNichols14

apperently Teemu Selanne might play for Jokerit if a lock out occurs, that could only help Pulu right? i mean he might not get top line minutes but to be mentored by one of the best in the game is always good, what if Selanne's long time friend Valtteri Filppula went to play there too, could be cool
Quote:
Matias Strozyk, who hipped us to the Nash/Thornton story, also reports that Anaheim Ducks star Teemu Selanne has told MTV3 in Finland that he hasn't ruled out playing for Jokerit Helsinki of SM-liiga during an NHL lockout, as he did in 1994-95.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...1453--nhl.html

Old
09-10-2012, 07:13 PM
Konnan511
#FreePulu

Quote:
I don't know if he can still play there or is there a age limit. Probably could but he already 'dominated' that league three years ago so I don't think it would help him much.

In the two CSKA games I've seen, I noticed an other d-man who really looked good: Andrei Sergeyev. He's just 21 even though I first thought he was like 25 at least. Very good puck mover, skater and managed in his own end as well. The Wings could try inviting him to camp next year
I agree he is too good for the MHL, but it's a start to getting his head right and in playing shape since there's something up with him and his KHL club.

Old
09-10-2012, 07:37 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eerie Hurdler View Post
man, Nedomlel just keeps going. I remember lots of people thought early on last season it was just a fluke. His play is not a fluke. The kid has legitimate offensive skills. If he can find a way to combine the big, tough defensive defenseman he used to be with the offensive guy he is now, he could be an NHL defenseman for sure.
Yeah no kidding eh his offense really came around last season. Hes done enough to make me have faith in him. Hes shown enough puck skills to move te puck a bit but that will never be his bread and butter. He does need to continue embracing his mean side though because thats what will ultimately get him to the NHL

Old
09-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Yeah no kidding eh his offense really came around last season. Hes done enough to make me have faith in him. Hes shown enough puck skills to move te puck a bit but that will never be his bread and butter. He does need to continue embracing his mean side though because thats what will ultimately get him to the NHL
Yeah I don't think he's suddenly going to become an offensive defenseman. The sign that he is putting up offense at a lower level is just a good sign that his game is progressing and improving. He needs to maintain that physical edge as that's his one unique skill that punches his ticket to the NHL so long as the rest of his game continues to grow. I am very happy about the skill development as it gives us reason to believe he has a decent shot of making it to the next level - the AHL. I remember Mitch Callahan greatly improving his offensive stats before moving up to the AHL. Nedomlel seems to be taking a similar path. Really digging his development.

Old
09-10-2012, 09:41 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnan511 View Post
I agree he is too good for the MHL, but it's a start to getting his head right and in playing shape since there's something up with him and his KHL club.
You would think the Wings have a pretty good understanding of what is going on what with Fedorov running his team now. Guess if it hasn't changed by the time the Winter Classic hopefully happens we can chant play Marchenko or something. Very surprised I really thought he would have a big year and was finally healthy entering it. I hope this isn't contract related, cause it sounds like his plan was to come over after this year, but if he isn't playing that isn't going to happen unless he is okay with spending a couple seasons in Grand Rapids which I doubt.

Old
09-10-2012, 09:56 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eerie Hurdler View Post
I don't know how much offense he will chip in at the pro level. I will say the thing that always stands out for me is he is a pretty good skater for a guy his size. I usually am impressed when I see him play despite the fact the team plays for is down right awful.

Old
09-11-2012, 08:37 AM
The Yzerman
1983 - 4th Overall

vCash: 744
I really hope Frk shows us that his concussion is a thing of the past. He could turn into something special. He has a low centre of gravity, which helps him go to the dirty areas.

Old
09-11-2012, 09:05 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

The descriptions of Frk remind me a bit of Grigorenko -- though Grigorenko was a much better skater

Old
09-11-2012, 09:08 AM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Nedomlel a lock to play for the czech world junior team?

Old
09-11-2012, 09:23 AM
irishtemper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
The descriptions of Frk remind me a bit of Grigorenko -- though Grigorenko was a much better skater
pre or post accident?

Old
09-11-2012, 10:31 AM
The Yzerman
1983 - 4th Overall

Quote:
Same build too : Frk - 6'' and 203 lbs, Grigorenko - 6'' and 209 lbs and they have a similar playing style - all offense.

Old
09-11-2012, 10:55 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

One of the knock's on Frk is his skating. pre-accident, Grigorenko was a really good skater.

Old
09-11-2012, 12:00 PM
The Yzerman
1983 - 4th Overall

Quote:
Assuming the development camp numbers are all accurate, the following changes have taken place:

Louis-Marc Aubry - from #53 to #32
Mitch Callahan - from #65 to #42
Willie Coetzee - from #70 to #45
Landon Ferraro - from #57 to #41
Gleason Fournier - from #67 to #46
Richard Nedomlel - from #73 to #3
Xavier Ouellet - from #61 to #54
Alan Quine - from #74 to #59
Marek Tvrdon - from #71 to #60
http://blogs.detroithockey.net/misco...er-changes.php

Old
09-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Konnan511
#FreePulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
You never know. It IS the Czech hockey federation we are talking about here.

Old
09-11-2012, 01:03 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
He played in the games against Sweden during the summer, so he's at least considered.

Old
09-11-2012, 02:43 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
I missed the time period when Grigorenko was supposed to be the next Detroit All Star... What was he supposed to project as? HF I think had him as a 3rd liner or something.

Old
09-11-2012, 03:33 PM
jaster
I pay off the mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
I missed the time period when Grigorenko was supposed to be the next Detroit All Star... What was he supposed to project as? HF I think had him as a 3rd liner or something.
He was projected to be a top-6 winger before his accident. If HF said otherwise, then the Detroit writer at the time failed in his assessment.

Closed Thread