vCash: 500
Does anyone know a radio broadcast or tv stream for tge game tonight

Old
09-07-2012, 11:12 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by seen em all View Post

Gens Camp has been anything but quiet, Biggs looks good, good skill, man strenth, very strong along boards, cycles well, but I think he should be dominating, but has not been yet,I like the Dennis kid, Alonzi is pushing really hard for a job, I think it is him or Hughes, as for the OA's Petgrave has impressed, but I think Schemitch needs to step it up or he could be out, Clark looks slow and disinterested, Lobardo is having a hard time finding the back of the net, he had 5 excellent opportunities in 2 Red & White games and has struggled, Sabourin has put on a good 20 lbs. and has improved in every aspect of his game, in my opinion should be the Gens 3rd OA. Goaltending should be solid with Alshuller and Appleby,but Appleby by needs to play in order to get better, he really started camp on fire in the 1st few sessions but then seemed to struggle, I found the he was a little too deep in the net on a lot of shots.On defence Hamilton showed he is not going to back down from anyone by getting into 3 scraps in Camp and then another no show fight with Bennet from Niagara (both players ended up in a hug fest) but I like the kid not sure if he'll be on the final roster but he does have balls.
Apparently Alonzi was sent home and I think the Hore twins were signed, still trying to confirm this though.

Old
09-10-2012, 02:45 PM
seen em all

Oa's

The gens have to decide who will be their 3rd over age player, will it be Clark, Sabourin or Labardo, I think Sabourin might have the upper hand, with Clark 2nd and Lobardo out of the picture.This is just my opinion.

Old
09-10-2012, 02:51 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
The gens have to decide who will be their 3rd over age player, will it be Clark, Sabourin or Labardo, I think Sabourin might have the upper hand, with Clark 2nd and Lobardo out of the picture.This is just my opinion.
I would agree Sabourin should beat out Clark and Labardo,although knowing DJ Smith I am sure he wishes he could keep both Sabourin and Clark
You would think a team like Erie,Kingston or Guelph could use a tough forward like Clark afterall he did score 12 goals last yr

Old
09-10-2012, 02:59 PM
seen em all

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
I would agree Sabourin should beat out Clark and Labardo,although knowing DJ Smith I am sure he wishes he could keep both Sabourin and Clark
You would think a team like Erie,Kingston or Guelph could use a tough forward like Clark afterall he did score 12 goals last yr
I agree Smitty would love to keep both, I found Schemitch to be a little too La dee da
out there, if I was him I would want to step it up a bit, he has not been overly impressive, maybe he needs a wake up call from the coaching staff.

Old
09-10-2012, 03:41 PM
hockeylegend11

I would keep Clark and Schemitsch on a floating card until Oct 11 which I believe is the date the NHL is supposed to start and ohl teams have to decide who they keep
The floating cards of which there are 3 dont count against the 30 A card rule,and teams use them this way all the time,and in alot of cases the players dont know

Old
09-11-2012, 08:57 AM
seen em all

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
I would keep Clark and Schemitsch on a floating card until Oct 11 which I believe is the date the NHL is supposed to start and ohl teams have to decide who they keep
The floating cards of which there are 3 dont count against the 30 A card rule,and teams use them this way all the time,and in alot of cases the players dont know
Twoowy said earlier in the Durham news that he will not keep 4 OA's, he want's his Oa's settled before the regular season starts.The Gens have 2 pre season games left, tonight vs.Belleville in Bowmanville and Friday in Uxbridge vs. the Bulls again, some tough decisions to be made, my money is still on Sabourin to be the Gens OA'

Old
09-11-2012, 09:06 AM
dirk

Roster

Can someone take a swing at how the lineup would look like when the dust settles?

Old
09-11-2012, 09:19 AM
sickest flow bro

If there is no NHL would Christian Thomas probably be available as an OA?

Old
09-11-2012, 04:24 PM
wings5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnk 4 Frk 2012 View Post
If there is no NHL would Christian Thomas probably be available as an OA?
No chance.

Old
09-11-2012, 10:06 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
No chance.

Team still looks strong and Lessio clearly showing what he can do. Biggs is a beast! And with DC playing well and Hore twins adding nice size and skill in younger guys the future and present are looking very good.

Old
09-12-2012, 11:16 AM
seen em all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post
Can someone take a swing at how the lineup would look like when the dust settles?
Here`s my prediction

Jenner, Biggs,Lessio
Laughton, Uvira,Sabourin
Cassells,Urbanic,Dal Cole
Lloyd ,Hore,Latour (Hughes, Dennis)

Petgrave, Brown
Sullentrop,Petschenig
Schemitsch,Carlisle

(Hamilton,Lavigne)

Altshuller,Appleby

Old
09-12-2012, 08:53 PM
wings5

Quote:
Here`s my prediction

Jenner, Biggs,Lessio
Laughton, Uvira,Sabourin
Cassells,Urbanic,Dal Cole
Lloyd ,Hore,Latour (Hughes, Dennis)

Petgrave, Brown
Sullentrop,Petschenig
Schemitsch,Carlisle

(Hamilton,Lavigne)

Altshuller,Appleby
Yikes, lots of centers out of their natural positions, I can see Dal Colle as a winger given he is a rookie, but no way Jenner and Laughton, the Gens top defensive and offensive centers move positions.

Old
09-12-2012, 09:55 PM
mapleleaf979

How does Dal Colle's skating look? I know he worked with Underhill this summer but last year his biggest weakness was his first 3 steps and poor skating technique.

Old
09-13-2012, 06:51 AM
seen em all

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
Yikes, lots of centers out of their natural positions, I can see Dal Colle as a winger given he is a rookie, but no way Jenner and Laughton, the Gens top defensive and offensive centers move positions.
Sorry, I did not put them in the position they played, I just put the players who I thought would be on the roster,my bad

Old
09-13-2012, 06:54 AM
seen em all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
How does Dal Colle's skating look? I know he worked with Underhill this summer but last year his biggest weakness was his first 3 steps and poor skating technique.
I don`t see Dal Colle`s skating as a weakness,he`ll be just fine, he`ll be a great player in my eyes for years to come.

Old
09-15-2012, 04:03 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
I don`t see Dal Colle`s skating as a weakness,he`ll be just fine, he`ll be a great player in my eyes for years to come.
Dal colle knew and admitted his skating needed work, so he got Barb Underhill to help him this summer. That to me showed great character. Maybe its paid off for the guy. He has excellent Hockey sense.

Old
09-17-2012, 12:50 PM
seen em all

Looks like Lobardo, is on his way to the Erie Otters, nothing confirmed yet.That leaves Clark and Sabourin for the final OA roster spot.

Old
09-17-2012, 07:58 PM
spitz fan 4ever

Quote:
Looks like Lobardo, is on his way to the Erie Otters, nothing confirmed yet.That leaves Clark and Sabourin for the final OA roster spot.
looks like clark is on his way to windsor...any insight info on this kid????

Old
09-18-2012, 10:39 AM
tourlord*

I'm really excited about the Gens this year, but I said that last year and they stunk...I had a Frito Lays guy tell me at work one day that Dal Colle and Ho Sang were the best 96's to watch. And what do ya know? The Gens grab Dal Colle. Watched him a couple times with the Kings last year on T.V. He seemed to start the season off well. Towering over others, always finding open ice. Then the last time I watched him he looked fat and slow. So I'm really anxious to see him play. Really looking forward to the season getting started. I have season tickets and have been going to the GM Center for years. I also think we should keep Clark as an OA. Hes the toughest guy in the league. This guy will stand up to anybody. Sabourin is brutal and Labardo has the speed to be a little spark plug but he didn't do it for me last year. I'd rather go with Clark. Having said that I'm hoping this is Laughtons year. With no Thomas this year and watching Jenner make himself look like a fool at the WJC last year, I'm looking for Laughton to step up. He started to play better when Jenner was at the World Juniors. I'm hoping he has that same attitude towards the start of this season. Definitely pumped to see him play this year. To sum it up quickly, I'm waiting to see Biggs the most. Been waiting to see Biggs since we drafted him what, two seasons ago? But he went the college route or school first route? Not soo sure but I'm looking forward to seeing him play. Lessio is Lessio, skates hard when he wants to but maybe this could be his year as well. Not too sure, apparently hes been off to a good start. And Cassells is going to be a way better player this year, third center but he's going to be way better than last season. We're definitely very tight down the middle this season. Having said that I'm hoping this is the gens year I'm just not so sure Altshuller can carry us all the way there.

Last edited by tourlord*: 09-18-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old
09-18-2012, 11:25 AM
seen em all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourlord View Post
I'm really excited about the Gens this year, but I said that last year and they stunk...I had a Frito Lays guy tell me at work one day that Dal Colle and Ho Sang were the best 96's to watch. And what do ya know? The Gens grab Dal Colle. Watched him a couple times with the Kings last year on T.V. He seemed to start the season off well. Towering over others, always finding open ice. Then the last time I watched him he looked fat and slow. So I'm really anxious to see him play. Really looking forward to the season getting started. I have season tickets and have been going to the GM Center for years. I also think we should keep Clark as an OA. Hes the toughest guy in the league. This guy will stand up to anybody. Sabourin is brutal and Labardo has the speed to be a little spark plug but he didn't do it for me last year. I'd rather go with Clark. Having said that I'm hoping this is Laughtons year. With no Thomas this year and watching Jenner make himself look like a fool at the WJC last year, I'm looking for Laughton to step up. He started to play better when Jenner was at the World Juniors. I'm hoping he has that same attitude towards the start of this season. Definitely pumped to see him play this year. To sum it up quickly, I've been waiting to see Biggs since we drafted him what, two seasons ago? But he went the college route or school first route? Not soo sure but I'm looking forward to seeing him play. Lessio is Lessio, skates hard when he wants to but maybe this could be his year as well. Not too sure, apparently hes been off to a good start. And Cassells is going to be a way better player this year, third center but he's going to be way better than last season. We're definitely very tight down the middle this season. Having said that I'm hoping this is the gens year I'm just not so sure Altshuller can carry us all the way there.
Clark toughest guy in what league ? Sabourin brutal ? what are you smokin Bud? Jenner making a fool of himself ? Dal Colle fat and slow ?? not soo sure Altshuller can carry us all the way there ? step away from the bong and go ear your Frito Lays Why do you go to the games ? I know so you can critisize young hockey players, what ever floats your boat

Old
09-18-2012, 11:49 AM
tourlord*

Quote:
Clark toughest guy in what league ? Sabourin brutal?
Apparently you've never been to an Oshawa game.

Old
09-18-2012, 11:57 AM
smitty10

Can anyone give me a rundown on how Tyler Biggs has looked so far?

Old
09-18-2012, 12:16 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourlord View Post
Apparently you've never been to an Oshawa game.
Clark, while tough, isn't the toughest in the league. He's one of the best pound-for-pound fighters, but there are guys who can do a number on him if they really want.

Old
09-18-2012, 12:55 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Clark, while tough, isn't the toughest in the league. He's one of the best pound-for-pound fighters, but there are guys who can do a number on him if they really want.
Sure, but the fact he gives up 3-4-5 inches and 20-30lbs and doesn't back down. Maybe it's stupidity. Would the guys who could do a number on him look to fight Zdeno Chara 10 times a year?

Closed Thread