HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

No more Season Ticket Books - Replaced by Blue Jackets Season Pass

Old
09-10-2012, 01:35 AM
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by plong123 View Post
Oh, we totally got that too. One of my prized possessions (for the irony lulz) are my Stanley Cup Finals CBJ tickets. If it wasn't 1am I would scan it and post it. Maybe later.

Ah, to hell with it. Back in five.

Edit: Ta-da!!

This is a ticket for a home Game 7 of the 2009 Stanley Cup Finals. We were only, what, 15 wins away from this game? LOL

Edit part 2: I laughed at this so hard I had to make it my avatar.

joshjoshjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 06:34 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Oh, we totally got that too. One of my prized possessions (for the irony lulz) are my Stanley Cup Finals CBJ tickets. If it wasn't 1am I would scan it and post it. Maybe later.

Ah, to hell with it. Back in five.

Edit: Ta-da!!

This is a ticket for a home Game 7 of the 2009 Stanley Cup Finals. We were only, what, 15 wins away from this game? LOL

Edit part 2: I laughed at this so hard I had to make it my avatar.
You realize every team does this, right?

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to mail 3-4 new tickets every 2 weeks.

09-10-2012, 07:36 AM
plong123
Litebrite Stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post

a) that was my point,

and

b) doesn't make it any less funny

plong123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 08:34 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post

Pay attention.

SOP be damned. It is "irony lulz" when the Blue Jackets do it. It is smug when the Penguins do it.

Old
09-10-2012, 08:54 AM
blahblah

I understand the reason people are upset. I don't really share that opinion. If it's easy to print out the tickets from home (and donate them), I don't really care. From a collectible standpoint I get it.

From my perspective and how I use tickets, this is far more convenient for me personally.

Truly don't care about saving a ticket for 50 years from now that says "I was there".

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 09:34 AM
Columbus Mike
Next CBJ GM

vCash: 272
I'd prefer the printed tickets, but know this is the wave of the future.

I have ticket stubs going back to the Big Red Machine days (look for me on an upcoming episode of Horders). Rose Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Final Four, World Cup, etc. If it was a special or memorable game, I likely still have the ticket.

So, I guess this isn't going to impact me at all, after all.

Columbus Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 11:38 AM
Paisano*
Jury is still out...

I'll hold off judging this till I try it. I am wondering about STH's who are not computer savvy and do not even own a computer much less a printer, yes there are those people out there especially older folks! I have people working for me who don't even know how to turn on a computer much less run one! If they split or want to give their tickets to grand kids etc, what are they supposed to do? I also don't see whats so "eco-friendly" this is if everyone is printing these tix on their own paper! But like I said I'll try it first!

If they really want to cut costs, fire that idiot GM who makes these moronic deals for overpaid mediocre players! But thats for another thread!

Paisano* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 12:40 PM
plong123
Litebrite Stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBum View Post
I have people working for me who don't even know how to turn on a computer much less run one! If they split or want to give their tickets to grand kids etc, what are they supposed to do?
I wonder if they will let you call your rep and have them print tickets and leave them at will call? I know you could do that in previous seasons.

plong123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 12:45 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
I wonder if they will let you call your rep and have them print tickets and leave them at will call? I know you could do that in previous seasons.
They will do that for the small fee of $10 per request after you have used your 2 complimentary requests.

09-10-2012, 12:59 PM
blahblah

Quote:
I also don't see whats so "eco-friendly" this is if everyone is printing these tix on their own paper! But like I said I'll try it first!
I'll rarely, if ever, print one. As far as the person without a computer argument, that is holding less and less water each year. Especially with people that would buy season tickets. I'll be honest, I don't think I know one person without a computer now. I'm trying but I can't think of one. The only person that might qualify might be my sister's ex-husband. Not sure about him, but he might not have bothered getting one.

Now I'm sure in certain pockets you can find them. For example with the elderly. But even in some of the low income areas I've been in it's getting more and more rare to find a household without a computer/internet.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Paisano*
Jury is still out...

Anyone know why there is a different card for "day 1" full season ticket holders vs. regular full season ticket holders?

Old
09-10-2012, 02:55 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Anyone know why there is a different card for "day 1" full season ticket holders vs. regular full season ticket holders?
Yes, there are 5 different cards. Day One (Black), Full Season (Blue), Half Season (Red), Quarter Season (Gray) and Six Game Flex Pack (White).

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 03:33 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
As far as the person without a computer argument, that is holding less and less water each year. Especially with people that would buy season tickets.
But even in some of the low income areas I've been in it's getting more and more rare to find a household without a computer/internet.
My company employes 1000's, and there are still a good 10-15% of people that dont have the internet at home. We are trying to convert over to email paychecks to employees instead of printing them. Had to set up company computer domain accounts and a system for employees to access paychecks on our intranet. (and they then print out the info thus cancelling out the "green" initiative that was used to justify this.)

My wife and I have also discussed getting rid of internet once the kids both leave home. I have internet at work, and I really dont need it at home.

IBleedUnionBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Paisano*
Jury is still out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Yes, there are 5 different cards. Day One (Black), Full Season (Blue), Half Season (Red), Quarter Season (Gray) and Six Game Flex Pack (White).
OK but why have a different card for full day 1 vs regular full? Does day 1 get some perks?

Old
09-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Rep says dividing shared plans onto different cards not available.

So, looks like my group will print every game and divide the PDFs at our annual shareholders game choosing bonanza.

I still think the printing should happen at CBJ. For all the money spent by our group, they could send us a set of the small box office tickets, no? So now our time is wasted, our paper used, and trees still die...

On the bright side, our card will be the ultra exclusive black day-one edition, for whatever that's worth.

Last edited by Derby: 09-10-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Derby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 03:46 PM
jag72

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
They will do that for the small fee of $10 per request after you have used your 2 complimentary requests.
1st request for those who don't like it is to have every ticket printed. You would never need your second request.

jag72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 03:56 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
So now our time is wasted, our paper used, and trees still die...
And some poor worker is inhaling the hydrocarbons, and being exposed to cancer causing polypropylenes from the injection molding process used to manufacture the eco friendly cards that will still be in perfect form one million years from now in some landfill.

IBleedUnionBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Skraut

I've driven from Cleveland to Columbus and forgotten to bring my tickets.

I've never driven from Cleveland to Columbus and forgotten to bring my wallet..

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 04:12 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
I've driven from Cleveland to Columbus and forgotten to bring my tickets.

I've never driven from Cleveland to Columbus and forgotten to bring my wallet..
I have never forgotten my ticket and never bring my wallet to the arena. So, there's that.

Derby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 07:03 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
OK but why have a different card for full day 1 vs regular full? Does day 1 get some perks?
Nope no added perks. PSL holders do get perks that non PSL holding STH gets. So IMO there should have been two different cards for Half season holder with a PSL and Half season holders without a PSL.

Old
09-20-2012, 06:00 PM
Porkopolis

The Cincinnati Reds offered an e-ticket option for my season tickets and it is pretty smooth. I can still print and transfer online if need be but the option of always having my tickets with me is pretty nice. Hopefully the Jackets' new system works out well, but I can unfortunately see this being the first step to completely locking down tickets to one individual account holder.

Porkopolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 10:40 AM
huber14

For those complaining about not getting a ticket stub, I know the Cavs print out a seat I.D. ticket for you when you enter the arena when using flashseats by swiping your credit card. It looks like a real ticket and it has the game and seat information on it so it's still a good collectible. Not sure if the Jackets will do this but I'm guessing they will when they scan your season ticket card so you have something to show the ushers/ people sitting in your seats for proof that those are you seats.

huber14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 11:50 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by huber14 View Post
For those complaining about not getting a ticket stub, I know the Cavs print out a seat I.D. ticket for you when you enter the arena when using flashseats by swiping your credit card. It looks like a real ticket and it has the game and seat information on it so it's still a good collectible. Not sure if the Jackets will do this but I'm guessing they will when they scan your season ticket card so you have something to show the ushers/ people sitting in your seats for proof that those are you seats.
The card will have the seat location on it. Only flex plan people will get a print out with the seat location or that's how I read it in the booklet they sent us.