HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Quick, where are those little heart paddles? The ones George Clooney uses!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-08-2012, 07:48 PM
  #76
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 57,255
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Oh, that must have happened behind us or something. it was super crazy out there for a couple minutes, although I was really loving it.
I was running locally and it was wet and windy, but no craziness.

__________________
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
Chainshot is offline  
Old
09-09-2012, 06:27 AM
  #77
WhoIsJimBob
I Believe
 
WhoIsJimBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,206
vCash: 500
While Thursday was a good day, Friday sucked balls.

Found out that my wife had drained our joint accounts and my car essentially is dead. It's a rusted out s-box and I'm not putting $1300 into it. And I had to have a blood test and I am not on good terms with needles.

Yesterday was a busy day. Second day in a row I had to have a blood test (I could do the cholesterol test on Friday because I wasn't fasting when I went to the doctor). Then I had a meeting with my lead asst coach who wasn't going to be at practice because of a Darien Lake concert that he had to be at at 5pm and our practice was at 4pm.

Then I went to the gym, went to practice, flew straight to Darien Lake, had a decent time, then came home and crashed.

Today will be a lazy day where I go to church, maybe hook up to talk to a friend, and then be lazy and prepare for tomorrow's big court date.

I need to get back into my house so bad. I miss seeing my kids so much...

WhoIsJimBob is offline  
Old
09-09-2012, 06:30 AM
  #78
Clock
Moderator
 
Clock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 21,319
vCash: 50
New Daft Punk? Yesssssss.

Clock is offline  
Old
09-09-2012, 09:38 AM
  #79
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 40,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegomyLeggio View Post
While Thursday was a good day, Friday sucked balls.

Found out that my wife had drained our joint accounts and my car essentially is dead. It's a rusted out s-box and I'm not putting $1300 into it. And I had to have a blood test and I am not on good terms with needles.

Yesterday was a busy day. Second day in a row I had to have a blood test (I could do the cholesterol test on Friday because I wasn't fasting when I went to the doctor). Then I had a meeting with my lead asst coach who wasn't going to be at practice because of a Darien Lake concert that he had to be at at 5pm and our practice was at 4pm.

Then I went to the gym, went to practice, flew straight to Darien Lake, had a decent time, then came home and crashed.

Today will be a lazy day where I go to church, maybe hook up to talk to a friend, and then be lazy and prepare for tomorrow's big court date.

I need to get back into my house so bad. I miss seeing my kids so much...
Hang in there buddy. We're all behind you.

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
09-09-2012, 09:46 AM
  #80
kirby11
Registered User
 
kirby11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cleveland, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,226
vCash: 500
the movie "the words" was fantastic. highly recommend seeing it.

kirby11 is offline  
Old
09-09-2012, 10:26 AM
  #81
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah
 
Mike McDermott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kenmore
Country: United States
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
THIS right here is why I LOVE this show:


Mike McDermott is offline  
Old
09-09-2012, 10:36 AM
  #82
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 40,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McDermott View Post
THIS right here is why I LOVE this show:

I have probably said it before, but the West Wing was probably the first show that I made a point of watching every week--and in those days, if you had to miss a show it was either record on VHS or wait for the reruns. I had a knack of finishing my homework precisely at 9PM and coming downstairs to watch the show though, a remarkable punctuality that impressed my parents. Loved everything about the show...re-watched the whole show a few summers ago.

I actually almost became a poly sci major because of it...the West Wing really made me interested not just in politics but the system, the inner workings of government, etc.

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
09-09-2012, 03:20 PM
  #83
TCRF
RICK. GNASH
 
TCRF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 19,548
vCash: 476
It's finally getting cooler out

TCRF is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 06:31 AM
  #84
WhoIsJimBob
I Believe
 
WhoIsJimBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,206
vCash: 500
While I'm not looking forward to paying for a new vehicle, I am soooo excited to get a nice vehicle to drive.

Hopefully I can get something done in the next few days.


WhoIsJimBob is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 08:27 AM
  #85
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah
 
Mike McDermott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kenmore
Country: United States
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
So I sent my resume to a few places yesterday. Really hoping to hear from some this week. l am so fed up.

Mike McDermott is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 09:37 AM
  #86
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,278
vCash: 500
A bunch of my friends have raging Trader Joe's boners this morning over the announcement they're coming to WNY. Are they REALLY that good?

EDIT : LOL internet fail. The Kenmore Village Improvement Society, which sounds like the useless Elmwood Village Association but farther north, released a statement that TJ's was coming next year. Trader Joe's just released a statement that said they were not.


Last edited by SackTastic: 09-10-2012 at 09:52 AM.
SackTastic is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 10:58 AM
  #87
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
A bunch of my friends have raging Trader Joe's boners this morning over the announcement they're coming to WNY. Are they REALLY that good?

EDIT : LOL internet fail. The Kenmore Village Improvement Society, which sounds like the useless Elmwood Village Association but farther north, released a statement that TJ's was coming next year. Trader Joe's just released a statement that said they were not.
An agreement was reached with Trader Joe's current team, but he refused to waive the no trade clause.

Awkward.

HockeyH3aven is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 11:02 AM
  #88
WhoIsJimBob
I Believe
 
WhoIsJimBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
A bunch of my friends have raging Trader Joe's boners this morning over the announcement they're coming to WNY. Are they REALLY that good?

EDIT : LOL internet fail. The Kenmore Village Improvement Society, which sounds like the useless Elmwood Village Association but farther north, released a statement that TJ's was coming next year. Trader Joe's just released a statement that said they were not.
They are coming to WNY. Well, if you count Pittsford, NY (eastside Rochester burb) as a part of WNY.

I think they are opening within the next month or so. They are interviewing people to fill out their staff.

WhoIsJimBob is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 11:04 AM
  #89
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegomyLeggio View Post
They are coming to WNY. Well, if you count Pittsford, NY (eastside Rochester burb) as a part of WNY.

I think they are opening within the next month or so. They are interviewing people to fill out their staff.
I did read that. Pretty cool

And yes, I do count RaChaCha as WNY. :p

I just loved the hilarity of a Kenmore agency announcing something that, if it happens, isn't going into Kenmore.

SackTastic is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 12:17 PM
  #90
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 57,255
vCash: 500
Awards:
Does Rochester have any food trucks yet?

Chainshot is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 12:56 PM
  #91
bullseyed
Registered User
 
bullseyed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Amherst, NY
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
A bunch of my friends have raging Trader Joe's boners this morning over the announcement they're coming to WNY. Are they REALLY that good?

EDIT : LOL internet fail. The Kenmore Village Improvement Society, which sounds like the useless Elmwood Village Association but farther north, released a statement that TJ's was coming next year. Trader Joe's just released a statement that said they were not.
WBEN was still reporting that they are coming to Buffalo as of noon today...

You'd think radio would be up to date on this kind of thing...

bullseyed is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 01:35 PM
  #92
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,278
vCash: 500
Fellow nerd friends : GoDaddy has blown up hard. Web/VPS hosting, DNS, email all down hard.

In case anyone has stuff there.

SackTastic is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 03:37 PM
  #93
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF
 
Myllz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 14,751
vCash: 500
I've been an iPhone user since they originally launched. I've officially converted to a Windows phone as of this afternoon.

Myllz is online now  
Old
09-10-2012, 03:37 PM
  #94
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!
 
BuiltTagonTough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 10,763
vCash: 50
So as an early birthday gift the girlfriend surprised me with a new 64GB iPod 4 to replace the 32GB iPod 3 I dropped for the last time and broke awhile back. I guess the money I had been saving for a new one can go toward the PS3 I was gonna surprise her with.

She even got me the military grade case because I'm a klutz. *love*

BuiltTagonTough is online now  
Old
09-10-2012, 03:43 PM
  #95
bullseyed
Registered User
 
bullseyed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Amherst, NY
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
I've been an iPhone user since they originally launched. I've officially converted to a Windows phone as of this afternoon.
Ew. Not just because of Window's phone OS and their sub 2% market share, but aren't they about to release new phones? There is that bright yellow Nokia Lumina coming up with WinPho 8.

bullseyed is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 03:44 PM
  #96
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 57,255
vCash: 500
Awards:
Time to run. Nice day for it.

Chainshot is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 03:48 PM
  #97
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF
 
Myllz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 14,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
Ew. Not just because of Window's phone OS and their sub 2% market share, but aren't they about to release new phones? There is that bright yellow Nokia Lumina coming up with WinPho 8.
The Lumia 920. Windows 8 doesn't interest me that much, and the 920 isn't out until November at the earliest.

Market share also makes little difference to me.

Myllz is online now  
Old
09-10-2012, 04:16 PM
  #98
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 40,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchoolMaster View Post
So as an early birthday gift the girlfriend surprised me with a new 64GB iPod 4 to replace the 32GB iPod 3 I dropped for the last time and broke awhile back. I guess the money I had been saving for a new one can go toward the PS3 I was gonna surprise her with.

She even got me the military grade case because I'm a klutz. *love*
Love is overrated.

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 04:23 PM
  #99
bullseyed
Registered User
 
bullseyed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Amherst, NY
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
The Lumia 920. Windows 8 doesn't interest me that much, and the 920 isn't out until November at the earliest.

Market share also makes little difference to me.
I just don't see the point of buying outdated tech gadgets. Like it wouldn't make sense to buy an Xbox360 now, given the new one will be out in a year.

I agree on share to a point, but market share determines the depth of apps available. Most big companies are just now getting around to releasing android apps. For example, I bank at Citizens bank and they just released an android app this year despite having an ios app for 2+ years. The windows phone 7.5 app for them will probably be out... never.

To each his own I guess.

bullseyed is offline  
Old
09-10-2012, 04:26 PM
  #100
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!
 
BuiltTagonTough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 10,763
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Love is overrated.
Indeed. It's all about the gadgets.

BuiltTagonTough is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.