Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Import details in Sweden Div 1 and 2

Old
09-11-2012, 02:07 AM
ferociousfred

vCash: 500
Import details in Sweden Div 1 and 2

Hello,

I was born in Sweden, but I am a Canadian citizen, so basically I dont have a swedish passport (but I have the right to one). In order to play in Div 1 or 2 as a non-import, would i need to get swedish citizenship or is the fact that I was born there good enough? Are local players paid at all in this league/receive any benefits?

Thanks

ferociousfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 02:36 AM
mattihp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferociousfred View Post
Hello,

I was born in Sweden, but I am a Canadian citizen, so basically I dont have a swedish passport (but I have the right to one). In order to play in Div 1 or 2 as a non-import, would i need to get swedish citizenship or is the fact that I was born there good enough? Are local players paid at all in this league/receive any benefits?

Thanks
You will count as an import if you don't have citizenship.

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 06:34 AM
icing

Hmm, a passport within the EU should resolve the issue of being an "import", right?

I mean, look at all of these Canadians that find some grandmothers cousins auntie somewhere down the line in Italy and gets an Italian passport and then does not count towards the import rules.

Div 1 I guess pays some money (depends on which team and how good you are), but not much and you probably would have to work at least half time. Div 2, no money.

icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 08:41 AM
Tomas W

I assume that you need a swedish passport. Some div 1 teams actually can pay a salary that is pretty equal to any common workers salary, say about 25000-40000sek/month, obviously those teams are the teams with most ambitions/demands. To get 40000/sek a month you will have to have a nice CV. The poorer div 1 and I would guess most div 2 dont have any pay at all (or just a little, like 5000/sek month) for thier players, they might be provide something else like a job at McDonalds for you or something, I dont know. At least you'll probably dont have to pay to get the gear/travel...

Last edited by Tomas W: 09-11-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Tomas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 10:15 AM
Everlasting

Its more countries then the EU ones, for example norway. But a citizenship in sweden would make you a non import i belive.

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote