HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Video Game Talk (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
09-11-2012, 12:01 AM
Lion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
Hey guys..here's a dumb question for you.

I've been kinda following these NHL EA games threads over the last year or so, but I only have NHL 2009. I enjoyed it to a point, but there are a few things that really take away from the overall enjoyment of the game for me...just wasn't allot of fun to play after a while.

Are the newer ones better as far as game play is concerned? I'm not a big sports game player, but I'm thinking about picking up maybe Fifa or NHL 13 this year.

I'm more into the rpg type games, but when I feel like playing something different, it would be nice to have a goto game for a break.
NHL 13 is a big jump in development from NHL 12 unlike recent years where there are just a few different things added in for another $60.

Old
09-11-2012, 03:33 AM
Vyse64
N64

Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
I was surrounded by flame fans tonight at the midnight launch, it just felt wrong. Although I made my best friend, who's a habs fan, wear a Boston jersey with his habs hat. Backlund was signing stuff, he came off as a real nice guy.

Old
09-11-2012, 03:44 AM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Ok, this is freaking retarded. I bought the digital copy from the PS3 Network and it was supposed to release at 12 AM PT (1 AM Our time). Well, it's 1:43 AM and no game. Sony really screwed this up big time...

Old
09-11-2012, 04:01 AM
NFINITEone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Oilers View Post
Ok, this is freaking retarded. I bought the digital copy from the PS3 Network and it was supposed to release at 12 AM PT (1 AM Our time). Well, it's 1:43 AM and no game. Sony really screwed this up big time...
The Playstation store doesn't update until the afternoon on tuesday's. And everything I've read says the game won't be available until the afternoon. Haven't heard anything of a 12:00am release myself.

Quote:
The martial arts action of fighting game Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and the fast and furious hockey antics of NHL 13 both hit store shelves this week, as well as the PlayStation Network. If you don't feel like putting on some pants to go get your new titles this week, you can just stay on the coach and wait for the PSN to update sometime tomorrow afternoon.
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Tek...ate-46713.html

Old
09-11-2012, 04:07 AM
Oil Gauge

Quote:
Ea Says it should be available but is not. They are getting in contact with sony to try to get it online.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/30/8972768.page

that should keep you up to date.

Old
09-11-2012, 04:22 AM
Oil Gauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFINITEone View Post
The Playstation store doesn't update until the afternoon on tuesday's. And everything I've read says the game won't be available until the afternoon. Haven't heard anything of a 12:00am release myself.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Tek...ate-46713.html
Apparently Madden was released at 3am Pacific time.

Old
09-11-2012, 05:25 AM
NFINITEone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Gauge View Post
Interesting. I was always under the impression that the games came out when the store updated. And I've always been told and read that it updates during the day. I wonder if the people waiting for NHL to release know what time Madden came out at.

Old
09-11-2012, 08:58 AM
Hoogaar23

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
FFifa is the greatest sports game out there can't wait for 13
Who knew? I watch soccer but never even thought of getting FIFA. I have 2 kids and not much time to play games, so have always just had Madden and NHL to go with along with some RPG or whatever (Still on Skyrim ATM) for when I have time to play a game.

But I wanted to make my own little protest against this lockout, so bought it more as an up yours to the NHL - well I think I might like it even more than NHL! It's just a really fun sports game to play. Will definitely be getting 13 in a couple of months once I've played through this one a bit.

Old
09-11-2012, 09:25 AM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Gauge View Post
Yeah, Madden came out at 3 AM (Though I think you mean EST because it was 1 AM PST when it was out). Anyways, Sony better give us compensation for having to wait and apologize for false advertising...

"Download at midnight on September 11th so you don't miss a minute of hockey action!" as it says on the pre-order description

Old
09-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Yeah, Madden came out at 3 AM (Though I think you mean EST because it was 1 AM PST when it was out). Anyways, Sony better give us compensation for having to wait and apologize for false advertising...

"Download at midnight on September 11th so you don't miss a minute of hockey action!" as it says on the pre-order description
Ok, this is my plan. If I can't download the PS3 version of NHL 13 by 10 AM this morning, I'm going to Best Buy and buying a copy then demand a refund. This is pretty stupid and retarded on their part. I did this method so I WOULDN'T have to go to the store this morning, but Sony is really trying their hardest to piss people off right now.

Old
09-11-2012, 10:11 AM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Ok, this is my plan. If I can't download the PS3 version of NHL 13 by 10 AM this morning, I'm going to Best Buy and buying a copy then demand a refund. This is pretty stupid and retarded on their part. I did this method so I WOULDN'T have to go to the store this morning, but Sony is really trying their hardest to piss people off right now.
Ok, well, I called Sony and they granted me a refund of $60 to my wallet for the pre-order of NHL 13 and I'll use that towards boosters for my Be A Pro.

Old
09-11-2012, 03:51 PM
alanschu

All sports games need career modes as good as NBA 2k's....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DuLeJ2MJpE

Old
09-11-2012, 04:10 PM
alanschu

Quote:

Just a question, are they ostensibly not releasing it "just because" or are there technical difficulties?

Old
09-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanschu View Post
Just a question, are they ostensibly not releasing it "just because" or are there technical difficulties?
There was issues on Sony's side. They were supposed to release it, but didn't. They dropped the ball big time.

Old
09-11-2012, 04:38 PM
tv14

Has anything with face-offs changed? Why is so damn hard for me to win them?

Old
09-11-2012, 04:45 PM
Vyse64
N64

Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
faceoffs haven't changed for me, look at the ref arm, use the forehand or backhand form, hold left or right than flick back on the control stick when the ref moves his arm

another way is just hold up on the control stick to hold the other teams centre and hope your teammate picks up the puck

Old
09-11-2012, 05:38 PM
tv14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyse View Post
faceoffs haven't changed for me, look at the ref arm, use the forehand or backhand form, hold left or right than flick back on the control stick when the ref moves his arm

another way is just hold up on the control stick to hold the other teams centre and hope your teammate picks up the puck
I was fine at it in NHL12 but I cant win a draw if my life depended on it in NHL13.

Old
09-11-2012, 05:41 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv14 View Post
I was fine at it in NHL12 but I cant win a draw if my life depended on it in NHL13.
Goon it up, just go for the hit off the draw.

Old
09-11-2012, 06:11 PM
oilers2k10
Yak Don't Back Down

For anyone who has played it..how is the offline be a gm mode..not online, but Offline..any improvements?
thanks

Old
09-11-2012, 06:49 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyse View Post
I was surrounded by flame fans tonight at the midnight launch, it just felt wrong. Although I made my best friend, who's a habs fan, wear a Boston jersey with his habs hat. Backlund was signing stuff, he came off as a real nice guy.
I was the same way but in Vancouver

Old
09-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
As far as overall game play compared to NHL 09? Hmm, probably, but not by a whole lot. Very gimmicky game i.e. easy or "cheap" ways to score, forced momentum swings where's its almost as though CPU has picked one team to win and no matter what you do it's impossible to overcome, the bad goals that get scored in the final 5-10 seconds of a period/game, terrible hitting mechanics, a bunch of randomness altogether... Very frustrating series and that hasn't changed much since about 09.

But... overall the game HAS improved and probably NHL 13 is worth buying because of the skating system which has been completely overhauled and is very realistic. Plus it looks like its more difficult to score (though we shall see... especially when it comes to online which will still probably be same ol same ol), with significantly better AI. More in detailed game strategies/systems, better player ratings... I think the way they revamped and overhauled the skating mechanics in itself makes the game worthy of a purchase.
The bolded proves I am not crazy. One of the biggest peeves of this game with me and my friends is it can decide who it wants to win and its game over. Even the player on the winning team will acknowledge as much.

Having someone not in my social circle say it proves were not crazy lol

Old
09-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma View Post
NHL 13 is a big jump in development from NHL 12 unlike recent years where there are just a few different things added in for another $60.
So I'm assuming from your post that NHL 13 is quite a bit better than 09?

As long as the skating, puck handling, and shooting are much better, I'll probably get NHL 13.

Old
09-11-2012, 07:48 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
So I'm assuming from your post that NHL 13 is quite a bit better than 09?

As long as the skating, puck handling, and shooting are much better, I'll probably get NHL 13.
They completely changed the skating engine, no more turning on a dime and such, you actually have to glide and stuff. It's a lot of fun.

Old
09-11-2012, 08:18 PM
Free*

Is there any way to save your team lines? I'm playing a playoff series and I hate editing my lines after every game.

Old
09-11-2012, 08:39 PM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
Is there any way to save your team lines? I'm playing a playoff series and I hate editing my lines after every game.
If it's like NHL12, you'll want to go into options and turn off Assistant Coach Edit Lines.

Closed Thread