HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

CHI signs Michal Rozsival [1 year, $2MIL]

Old
09-11-2012, 01:37 PM
TOML

vCash: 500
Could do worse.

TOML

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Surprised to see we got Rozsival too. We have way too many NHL defensemen, not that it's a bad thing.

I'm not so certain someone's on the move. But I do think Montador might be going down to Rockford soon, which sucks because I like him but he's pretty overpaid and won't beat most of the Blackhawk defensemen for playing time.

Very happy with this signing though, assuming it's cheap. As long as Rozsival is healthy again, he's a great bottom-pairing guy at this point and can still eat a ton of minutes with defensively sound play. Was one of the best Coyote defensemen last playoffs. It'll be interesting to see what the defense looks like on opening night.

As for Brookbank, him and Montador play a very similar style, even down to handedness, but I don't think Brookbank is some terrific bottom-pairing guy. He's decent and an excellent seventh, but not a guy I want to play every night. I'd play Rozsival over him and if Montador was cheaper I'd probably play him over him too. Although signing Brookbank in the first place was for extra depth and toughness, both of which we needed. I don't know, it doesn't look good for Montador at this point. Very happy to have Rozsival though, although still surprising.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 01:39 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Someone said 2M.
Oh, that's very cheap.

Nice deal for Chicago.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 01:40 PM
BruinsBtn

Best signing of the offseason, easy.

BruinsBtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 01:43 PM
guyzeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
To help out Div rival fix the massive hole on there blueline the Hawks would have to get an epic overpayment
Would it be fair to say
1. Chicago didn't want to trade Hammer for Foligno - they preferred to have a centre instead.
2. or that BM thought the asking price of Foligno + was too much so they settle for Methot instead?

What are the options now that they sign Rozsival? Which teams are looking for a defenseman?

Edmonton or Philly?

Last edited by guyzeur: 09-11-2012 at 02:16 PM.
guyzeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 01:45 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
Surprised to see we got Rozsival too. We have way too many NHL defensemen, not that it's a bad thing.

I'm not so certain someone's on the move. But I do think Montador might be going down to Rockford soon, which sucks because I like him but he's pretty overpaid and won't beat most of the Blackhawk defensemen for playing time.

Very happy with this signing though, assuming it's cheap. As long as Rozsival is healthy again, he's a great bottom-pairing guy at this point and can still eat a ton of minutes with defensively sound play. Was one of the best Coyote defensemen last playoffs. It'll be interesting to see what the defense looks like on opening night.

As for Brookbank, him and Montador play a very similar style, even down to handedness, but I don't think Brookbank is some terrific bottom-pairing guy. He's decent and an excellent seventh, but not a guy I want to play every night. I'd play Rozsival over him and if Montador was cheaper I'd probably play him over him too. Although signing Brookbank in the first place was for extra depth and toughness, both of which we needed. I don't know, it doesn't look good for Montador at this point. Very happy to have Rozsival though, although still surprising.
Brookbank, Montador, Oduya, and Rozsival are all above average bottom pairing Dmen who have played on the second pair many times. I'm not sure what the point is in having these four fighting for the #5 and #6 spots.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 01:49 PM
sully61
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
To help out Div rival fix the massive hole on there blueline the Hawks would have to get an epic overpayment
We'll see

sully61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 01:51 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully61 View Post
Hammer to Detroit. calling it now
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully61 View Post
We'll see
Would have to be Filppula, are you ready for that?

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Reign Nateo

Decent, smart, depth defenceman at this point. Good signing. Don't think it actually means anything for the rest of the roster though. Just depth. 8 NHL defenceman is not unheard of going into camp... Epecially when we're talking about guys like Montador, Oduya and Brookbank... Plus some guys that could be injury risks. Not a dominoe folks, simply depth, it's a long season (we hope).

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
Brookbank, Montador, Oduya, and Rozsival are all above average bottom pairing Dmen who have played on the second pair many times. I'm not sure what the point is in having these four fighting for the #5 and #6 spots.
Brookbank and Montador don't belong playing second-pairing minutes. They each belong on the bottom-pairing. Oduya and Rozsival there is an argument for, with each capable of jumping up and playing more minutes if need be but it's going to be nice to have these guys on our bottom-pairing. It shows that Bowman wants defensive depth if no trade occurs.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 01:59 PM
hockeydoug

..or depth for a compressed schedule.

hockeydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 02:02 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Brookbank and Montador don't belong playing second-pairing minutes. They each belong on the bottom-pairing. Oduya and Rozsival there is an argument for, with each capable of jumping up and playing more minutes if need be but it's going to be nice to have these guys on our bottom-pairing. It shows that Bowman wants defensive depth if no trade occurs.
Yeah, it's a lot of Dmen considering Olsen wasn't that horrible in his time up from Rockford.

If a trade does occur it's lame because Leddy has a higher ceiling than anyone else and Hammer is more consistent than any of those four. Sure, one night Rozsival or Oduya could look better but then the next night they'll look like they don't belong in the NHL, like Oduya looked vs Phoenix.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 02:03 PM
deckercky

Quote:
Yeah....defensive injuries happen. Chicago is nowhere near a cap team and they have 8 legit NHL ready defencemen. That should help them perform when there's injuries so that the team can be more consistent.

deckercky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 02:06 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Hammer to either the Wings, Flyers, or Jets (Bogo out for awhile, but so is hockey ) I would guess.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Kershaw

Steal contract for 22-25MPG d-man.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Good signing for the Hawks, disappointed that the Wings didn't land this guy. Especially at only $2m.

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Philly85
Raps'

i don't understand why Tambellini didn't go after this guy... even on a short term overpayment would've been a good bridge player for the Oilers to have... this is a very reasonable deal by the Hawks, good signing for them for sure.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 02:36 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I like this signing. Gives us depth at the position we need it the most. I liked his shot in the past - something the Hawks need more.

When all are healthy, it will be tough to say who has to sit and who has to play. Q has a good roster now... it's up to him

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 02:39 PM
Elvs

vCash: 708
When you have Montador and Brookbank on the bench, you have some good depth. Somebody has to be on the outs.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 03:25 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Pretty effective player for 40-60 games of a season. Beyond that he's either injured or out of gas. Seriously, if he mages to stay healthy leading up to the trade deadline, you can expect his game to fall off a cliff. He was not made for an 82 game season. You will get 40-60 good ones, and then he will be hurt or you will wish he was.

09-11-2012, 03:25 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
i don't understand why Tambellini didn't go after this guy... even on a short term overpayment would've been a good bridge player for the Oilers to have... this is a very reasonable deal by the Hawks, good signing for them for sure.
They want another lottery pick.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 03:49 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Would have to be Filppula, are you ready for that?
Hammer with one year left for an impending UFA Filppula? I'd do it, but I'm not a Filppula fan and think last season will be his career year offensively. Plus, the trade benefits Chicago much more than it benefits Detroit, leaving Chicago with a stacked offense while keeping their deep blue line intact.

In all reality, Hammer won't go to Detroit.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 03:49 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Steal contract for 22-25MPG d-man.
22 miles for water, 25 for coffee.

massivegoonery is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 03:50 PM