HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm: Yak - fla: Gudbranson

Closed Thread

Old
09-11-2012, 07:05 PM
kitchen44

vCash: 500
Edm: Yak - fla: Gudbranson

EDM: Gudbranson - Bjudstad

FLA: Yakupov - MPS/Hemsky - Plante/Teubert

Edm would get 2 players that match the age of the rest of their core and can hopefully fill there two biggest needs long term. Gudbranson would be a monster player for them in the NW, he is the exact player that the team needs to be dominant in the playoffs. Bjudstad also would fill a hole, as he would probably complement the Nuge perfectly. They could probably eventually trade Gagner or move him to the wing

Hall-RNH-Ebrele
MPS-Bjudstasd-Gagner/trade
Hartsky-Lander-Pitlick

Gudbranson-Schultz
Smid-Petry
musil-Klefbom

Fla would get an electrifying franchise goal scorer, that would bring in fans and media, aswell as either MPS or Hemsky (not sure which one they would rather have) MPS could replace Bjudstad as a big fast 2 way forward or they could get hemsky who I think would destroy that conference and help them in a playoff push. They would also get a big deffenceman to help fill in for Gudbranson.

Fleischmann-Weiss-Yak
Hubberdeu-Mathais-hemsky
Samuelsson-Goc-Versteag

Campbell-JoVo
Garrison-Kulikov

Looks good to me

Old
09-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Florida says no because they have no centre depth left.

EDIT: Maybe if Gagner was included somehow it might work.

Old
09-11-2012, 07:13 PM
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP

Gudbranson for Yakupov maybe, but the added stuff isn't necessary.

Old
09-11-2012, 07:15 PM
duul

vCash: 50
I think the Oilers are going to acquire defenceman primarily through free agency. They're not going to give up an unproven #1 pick for a bit older early round, unproven pick. It doesn't make a lot of sense in that regard. I think they're looking to trade smaller pieces for proven, perhaps less talented defence to improve.

Old
09-11-2012, 07:16 PM
kitchen44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
Gudbranson for Yakupov maybe, but the added stuff isn't necessary.
I dont see the Oilers trading Yak as an overpayment though, unless they can fill two big needs wile doing it.

Old
09-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchen44 View Post
I dont see the Oilers trading Yak as an overpayment though, unless they can fill two big needs wile doing it.
I don't think Florida would trade Bjugstad unless a better centre would be coming back.

Old
09-11-2012, 07:19 PM
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP

Quote:
I wouldn't say Yakupov for Gudbranson is an overpayment. I don't know if the Panthers would even do that, it doesn't really fill our needs to be honest. Both players are unproven, Gudbranson at least has a full season behind him, Yakupov could be a 100 point scorer or a lifetime 40-50 point scorer, it's tough to trade unproven prospects and thats why you rarely ever see it happen.

Old
09-11-2012, 07:31 PM
kitchen44

Quote:
I wouldn't say Yakupov for Gudbranson is an overpayment. I don't know if the Panthers would even do that, it doesn't really fill our needs to be honest. Both players are unproven, Gudbranson at least has a full season behind him, Yakupov could be a 100 point scorer or a lifetime 40-50 point scorer, it's tough to trade unproven prospects and thats why you rarely ever see it happen.
There is not a NHL GM in the world who would not trade Yak for Gudbranson, if you think think there is your kidding yourself. Yakupov was the consensus number 1 pick, thats about as sure a thing as possible. On top of that he has got a very marketable personality that I believe would also benefit fla.

Last edited by kitchen44: 09-11-2012 at 09:38 PM.
Old
09-11-2012, 07:42 PM
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP

Quote:
There is not a NHL GM in the world who would not trade Gudbranson for Yak, if you think think there is your kidding yourself. Yakupov was the consensus number 1 pick, thats about as sure a thing as possible. On top of that he has got a very marketable personality that I believe would also benefit fla.
You just said there would be no GM that would trade Gudbranson for Yakupov? I think you might have worded that wrong, but I disagree. I don't think any GM would make a trade that involves two very young (possibly generational talent) so early in their careers.

Old
09-11-2012, 07:43 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Florida needs to keep Gudbranson.

Old
09-11-2012, 07:54 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
You just said there would be no GM that would trade Gudbranson for Yakupov? I think you might have worded that wrong, but I disagree. I don't think any GM would make a trade that involves two very young (possibly generational talent) so early in their careers.
Neither are generation talent but Yak is by far the better prospect that will be more electifying. Yak is worth more than Gudbranson.

Old
09-11-2012, 07:55 PM
ShootIt

I rather keep the course in Florida.

No need to give up a promising physical defenseman and a giant offensive prospect. Even if it could potentially land a superstar

Old
09-11-2012, 07:55 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Florida needs to keep Gudbranson.
I would not trade Yak straight up for Gudbranson.

Old
09-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Beezeral

this is not NHL 13, this trade is not happening

Old
09-11-2012, 07:58 PM
rypper

Quote:
EDM: Gudbranson - Bjudstad

FLA: Yakupov - MPS/Hemsky - Plante/Teubert

Edm would get 2 players that match the age of the rest of their core and can hopefully fill there two biggest needs long term. Gudbranson would be a monster player for them in the NW, he is the exact player that the team needs to be dominant in the playoffs. Bjudstad also would fill a hole, as he would probably complement the Nuge perfectly. They could probably eventually trade Gagner or move him to the wing

Hall-RNH-Ebrele
MPS-Bjudstasd-Gagner/trade
Hartsky-Lander-Pitlick

Gudbranson-Schultz
Smid-Petry
musil-Klefbom

Fla would get an electrifying franchise goal scorer, that would bring in fans and media, aswell as either MPS or Hemsky (not sure which one they would rather have) MPS could replace Bjudstad as a big fast 2 way forward or they could get hemsky who I think would destroy that conference and help them in a playoff push. They would also get a big deffenceman to help fill in for Gudbranson.

Fleischmann-Weiss-Yak
Hubberdeu-Mathais-hemsky
Samuelsson-Goc-Versteag

Campbell-JoVo
Garrison-Kulikov

Looks good to me
Just wanted to point out that florida doesn't have Garrison anymore.

Old
09-11-2012, 07:59 PM
Mystifo
Lol Doodle.

Honestly you had me intrigued by the Yak for Gudbranson seems like something to work on but then you had to added pieces and it just went right out the window. Bjudstad is their chance at a big center so I doubt they would want to throw him in in order to get Yakupov.

Old
09-11-2012, 08:24 PM
IceManCat
A New Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Neither are generation talent but Yak is by far the better prospect that will be more electifying. Yak is worth more than Gudbranson.

Tallon doesn't like one dimensional players except for maybe Kane. Gudbranson brings too much to the table to trade him. Hes our version of Landeskog

Old
09-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Slatsmsg

vCash: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
This...

Old
09-11-2012, 08:30 PM
syz
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Pretty down on Gudbranson after last year despite being high on him at his draft. Didn't look NHL ready at all, and certainly not worth trading Yakupov over.

Old
09-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Spitsfan67*

What a stupid post...Let's just trade the FIRST OVERALL pick from the draft who has not played a game to prove him self like the kid goes out and puts up 60 points and you say Gudbranson for Yakupov alone at the end of next season people would laugh...this should be closed its a pretty pointless proposal for a 1st overall pick yet to play a single NHL Game.

Old
09-11-2012, 08:44 PM
iCanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
What a stupid post...Let's just trade the FIRST OVERALL pick from the draft who has not played a game to prove him self like the kid goes out and puts up 60 points and you say Gudbranson for Yakupov alone at the end of next season people would laugh...this should be closed its a pretty pointless proposal for a 1st overall pick yet to play a single NHL Game.
Pretty much this...

The funny thing is everyone saying this is a deal slanted towards Edmonton.

o.O

That anti-Edmonton bias.

Old
09-11-2012, 08:45 PM
SouthFLFan79

no thanks. I would rather keep our two stud prospects and you keep yours.

Old
09-11-2012, 08:53 PM
RA9

vCash: 883
Oilers would say no. oilers trading their recent #1 pick for a sophomore defenseman who wasnt all that impressive last season(I did not watch him, just off of stats). like somone said I think they'll go the ufa route, but if I were them I would trade for an established NHL dman that can put some ease and calmness into the Blueline.

Old
09-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthFLFan79 View Post
no thanks. I would rather keep our two stud prospects and you keep yours.
Alright guess we're going to have to see who turns out to be better I would bet every cent of my money on Yakupov being a season ticket holder for the spitfires got to see plenty of Nail and Alex and Nail is a special player,he can win a game by himself...Gudbranson not flashy really won't get a lot of points, I'll say he's a great defensive player and a good hitter but he's nothing amazing IMO he won't be a star in this league....where as Yakupov will be one day Yakupov will be better then Gudbranson and your Extreamly overvaluing Gudbrandson, like Yakupov went first overall for a reason obviously.

Old
09-11-2012, 09:00 PM
Spitsfan67*

AND GUDBRANSON IS DEFINETLY NOT A FIRST PAIRING DEFENCEMAN IN THE NHL, he's a 6/7 defenseman at best and should probably get some time in the Ahl To really round out his game.

Closed Thread