HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Doan to make decision in a few hours (Still a few teams in play)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-07-2012, 06:09 PM
  #101
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
i never said there was anything wrong wth that, but i am suggesting that window may have closed, especially with Ray Whitney moving on...he'll be tough to replace. just my 2 cents.
If Doan stays and the Coyotes pick up a center to slot in behind Vermette and Hanzal, in front of Gordon, I'm optimistic that they will be an improved team from what they had most of last season. It sounds like Maloney May move a D for some help up front, too. That probably helps, as well.

__________________
This poster should not be taken seriously under any circumstances.
rt is offline  
Old
09-07-2012, 07:22 PM
  #102
Four Boilermakers
Sea Bass said that?
 
Four Boilermakers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,186
vCash: 500
I really hope that Doan does stay with the Coyotes. Few players have been as important to their team as Doan has been to the Coyotes. Not only is he a good player, great leader, and nice guy, but when trade/FA targets see how dedicated Doan is to his team and city, it must make them more confident about playing there.

Four Boilermakers is offline  
Old
09-07-2012, 08:01 PM
  #103
nhlfan9191
Registered User
 
nhlfan9191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Saskatoon, Sk
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
I really hope that Doan does stay with the Coyotes. Few players have been as important to their team as Doan has been to the Coyotes. Not only is he a good player, great leader, and nice guy, but when trade/FA targets see how dedicated Doan is to his team and city, it must make them more confident about playing there.
Not trying to talk down Doan, but what big free agents has he actually been able to help bring to Pheonix? The team has been running off question marks making a name of themselves for years.

nhlfan9191 is offline  
Old
09-07-2012, 08:20 PM
  #104
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Hey, how about that.

Doan stays with his team and where his ranch is located.

Anyone surprised?

etherialone is offline  
Old
09-07-2012, 08:54 PM
  #105
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
This is what, like, the 6th time we've heard something's gonna happen in the next 24 hours?
Yep.

SoupNazi is offline  
Old
09-08-2012, 06:10 AM
  #106
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,203
vCash: 500
All this talk about Doan's loyalty makes me laugh. He wants to stay in Phoenix cause he doesn't want to uproot his kids and he has his ranch and horses there. His loyalty to the Coyotes organization will be out the window if the deal between Jamison and the league doesn't happen.

MsWoof is offline  
Old
09-08-2012, 08:10 AM
  #107
CF Punk
Le Magnifique
 
CF Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Peterborough, ONT
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,711
vCash: 500
It took Doan this long to not follow through with his fake threat to leave. Well played Doan.

CF Punk is offline  
Old
09-08-2012, 06:54 PM
  #108
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
It took Doan this long to not follow through with his fake threat to leave. Well played Doan.
You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about at all. Nothing in your post makes any sense. None of it.

rt is offline  
Old
09-08-2012, 06:56 PM
  #109
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 18,465
vCash: 500
The thought just occurred to me.

Hasn't this agreement pretty much been in place since July 1st?

LatvianTwist is offline  
Old
09-08-2012, 06:59 PM
  #110
Vankiller Whale
All hail WMD
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,969
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
The thought just occurred to me.

Hasn't this agreement pretty much been in place since July 1st?
Shh...We're trying to pretend there's breaking news.

It is the offseason, and with a lockout looming, we need as much hockey news as possible.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
09-08-2012, 09:08 PM
  #111
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
The thought just occurred to me.

Hasn't this agreement pretty much been in place since July 1st?
Probably long before that. This thread is just pointless.

rt is offline  
Old
09-08-2012, 09:30 PM
  #112
DesertDawg
Registered User
 
DesertDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Superstition Mts
Posts: 4,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
The thought just occurred to me.

Hasn't this agreement pretty much been in place since July 1st?
I believe since the trade deadline!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
All this talk about Doan's loyalty makes me laugh. He wants to stay in Phoenix cause he doesn't want to uproot his kids and he has his ranch and horses there. His loyalty to the Coyotes organization will be out the window if the deal between Jamison and the league doesn't happen.
1 thing that hasn't been talked about is what was said the last time he was negotiating for a contract, back when they had an owner. He was promise by management that they would spend and make the Coyotes into a contender (Maloney just became the new GM). The Coyotes didn't (and actually dragged the team down with inept coaching and bad drafting). I've said it before, his loyalty is with the fans, the friends he made in AZ, and his horse ranch. He believes in what Maloney has done in AZ and think Tippet is a great coach, but between the last few owners (including the NHL) and not knowing the future of the frachise, has taken a toll on him!!! Hope he stays and only wish the best for him! He is a class act!!!

DesertDawg is offline  
Old
09-11-2012, 03:19 AM
  #113
MISC*
Negged.
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,691
vCash: 500
Tick Tock.


MISC* is offline  
Old
09-11-2012, 03:30 AM
  #114
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch
 
Trance Kuja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hollywood, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 47,937
vCash: 500
Color me surprised.

Trance Kuja is online now  
Old
09-11-2012, 09:47 AM
  #115
NYVanfan
Registered User
 
NYVanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 6,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Probably long before that. This thread is just pointless.
possible that the charade allowed him to get that longer term, or was he liable to sign for 4 anyway?

NYVanfan is offline  
Old
09-11-2012, 11:20 AM
  #116
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
possible that the charade allowed him to get that longer term, or was he liable to sign for 4 anyway?
I would've been shocked if they gave him less than four years. Maybe he got an extra 500kay per year if the 5.25m aav is true.

rt is offline  
Old
09-11-2012, 11:26 AM
  #117
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,228
vCash: 500
Realistically, the NHL, Jamison, and the City have today, tomorrow, and the next day to get this entire deal done. Doan isn't actually going to wait until midnight. His deadline is probably more like noon or 4pm Friday. I expect that five or six PST on Friday he will sign elsewhere.

rt is offline  
Old
09-11-2012, 01:57 PM
  #118
vokiel
I hate blind passes
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 7,122
vCash: 500
And I expect him to be locked out regardless... hence not signed anywhere still.

edit: if it wasn't clear...

vokiel is offline  
Old
09-11-2012, 02:04 PM
  #119
Ripper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 144
vCash: 500
no deal is likely to get done between Phoenix (COG) and any buyer (GJ) until Nov at earliest because of delay in public vote on use of tax dollars. If the vote goes against the current deal and is reversed then COG would be on the hook for 125M+ and in these economic times would be akin to bankrupcy. No city works money, no fixing potholes etc...In this big picture Doan means nothing and they won't try to do a deal just to keep him unless he wants to put up 125M+ to remain 'loyal'.
So now the question is will Doan sign in the East or west? and where will the Coyotes end up (E vs W).

Ripper is offline  
Old
09-11-2012, 09:25 PM
  #120
ProstheticConscience
Das ist mein Land
 
ProstheticConscience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canuck Nation
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,877
vCash: 500
So.........Friday?

ProstheticConscience is online now  
Old
09-11-2012, 09:40 PM
  #121
Rabbit
Captain Cook
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
So.........Friday?
Probably mid-day yes. He'll be with his second ever franchise for the first time. Sucks so bad to be a Coyotes fan right now. Tell us we're not real fans when we've been putting up with this ******** for over 3 years. This is the tipping point.

Rabbit is online now  
Old
09-11-2012, 09:53 PM
  #122
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
So.........Friday?
I suppose it's still possible that the CoG manages to rework the lease with some relatively (in the big picture) minor changes like 7m less in the first year of the 20yr AMF, and some kind of protection in case of work stoppages. I suppose it's possible that they manage to make these changes and get them presented to Jamison in the next two days.

I suppose it's still technically possible that he accepts the new lease agreement with no counter offers or further changes of any kind. And he could possibly do so in a short amount of time (within the next couple of days).

If that happens then the deal could close in time to sign Doan. I really, really doubt it, but I guess it could happen.

Other than that, Doan can agree to enter into CBA abyss with no contract of any kind. I doubt it. The CBA could be extended. I doubt it. Doan could say screw it, roll the dice, sign with Phoenix and hope for the best. I doubt it.

The most likely scenario at this point is very obviously that he just signs with another team on Friday.

rt is offline  
Old
09-12-2012, 12:36 AM
  #123
ProstheticConscience
Das ist mein Land
 
ProstheticConscience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canuck Nation
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Probably mid-day yes. He'll be with his second ever franchise for the first time. Sucks so bad to be a Coyotes fan right now. Tell us we're not real fans when we've been putting up with this ******** for over 3 years. This is the tipping point.
Hey, my hat goes off to any Coyotes fan who's stuck with them through all this. Saddest part is that the team is actually getting pretty good and seriously competitive nowadays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I suppose it's still possible that the CoG manages to rework the lease with some relatively (in the big picture) minor changes like 7m less in the first year of the 20yr AMF, and some kind of protection in case of work stoppages. I suppose it's possible that they manage to make these changes and get them presented to Jamison in the next two days.

I suppose it's still technically possible that he accepts the new lease agreement with no counter offers or further changes of any kind. And he could possibly do so in a short amount of time (within the next couple of days).

If that happens then the deal could close in time to sign Doan. I really, really doubt it, but I guess it could happen.

Other than that, Doan can agree to enter into CBA abyss with no contract of any kind. I doubt it. The CBA could be extended. I doubt it. Doan could say screw it, roll the dice, sign with Phoenix and hope for the best. I doubt it.

The most likely scenario at this point is very obviously that he just signs with another team on Friday.
Most likely? Probably. But then, it's been perfectly obvious what his first choice has been all along, he's never made any bones about that. From what I've been hearing, his supposed plan b is Vancouver and as much as I'd love to have him here, I've no idea how we'd be able to afford him at this point unless Luongo and his cap hit magically vanish overnight. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

ProstheticConscience is online now  
Old
09-12-2012, 12:47 AM
  #124
McTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,820
vCash: 500
Leino contract 2.0 here we come

McTank is offline  
Old
09-12-2012, 01:06 AM
  #125
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers
 
Vancouver_2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,181
vCash: 500
If Doan did indeed sign with the Phoenix and not Vancouver, then its another small step toward firing Gillis' ass

Vancouver_2010 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.