HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Video Game Talk (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
09-11-2012, 09:29 PM
oilers89

vCash: 500
Every time i try and change players or pass it seems delayed by a split second.. does anyone else expierirnce this also?

Old
09-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Gret99zky
Worst Thread Ever

vCash: 2651
Winning a faceoff against the computer is damn near impossible.

Old
09-11-2012, 10:06 PM
tv14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gret99zky View Post
Winning a faceoff against the computer is damn near impossible.
Im having the exact problem, even against user teams I struggle to win draws.

Old
09-11-2012, 10:15 PM
molsonmuscle360

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv14 View Post
Im having the exact problem, even against user teams I struggle to win draws.
In my Be a GM I had to tone down the faceoff setting a little bit. On all-star it is cranked to the max meaning you have to time it absolutely perfectly to win the draw, it's damn near impossible.

Old
09-11-2012, 10:26 PM
Philly85
Moody'

NHL 13 on initial prognosis is leaps and bounds better than 12 because of skating mechanics alone. Playing in the online league right now 6 v 6 is a riot...

Old
09-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Gret99zky
Worst Thread Ever

vCash: 2651
FYI- simulating to your next shift in Be a Pro mode will always take you to a face-off. Everytime. No changing on the fly if you sim.

Also, you have to glide during your shift or you will be gassed in about 20 seconds.

Old
09-11-2012, 11:07 PM
alanschu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Oilers View Post
There was issues on Sony's side. They were supposed to release it, but didn't. They dropped the ball big time.
It's one thing to drop the ball, and this will undoubtedly hurt their bottom line. I don't discount that gamers should be disappointed.

But as a hardcore gamer that absolutely hates the fact that the idea of gamer entitlement is absolutely true I encourage you to take some perspective and realize that you were inconvenienced in a video game.

I know the hobby is still (slowly...) continuing to mature, but having people going around claiming that it's false advertising and in general raging about it does little to help this. (note, it's not false advertising, but I know consumers feel that if they can somehow threaten the reputation or bottom line of a company, it'll make said company pay more attention to their complaints).

I know it seems like I'm unfairly picking on you specifically, but I see it everywhere and it only helps marginalize the entire community when an actual serious issue does occur.

Talk about a first world problem if something that makes us so irate is not getting to play a new video game the very instant it comes out.

I'm massively jacked for the new XCOM game, to which I even preordered it which is something I have only done like 3 or 4 times in my 20+ year gaming history. But if the Steam servers all exploded and I wasn't able to play it that day, especially due to technical issue, life goes on. Sometimes **** happens. If this is something that makes a person fly off their rocker, how the hell do people deal with popping out of the shower and learning that a sibling was killed that evening? Maybe I'm just extra edgy myself since that's exactly what happened to me on this day 18 years ago, and it seems kind of ironic for a hardcore gamer as myself to have to tell others "it's just a video game" but frankly it needs to be said.

One thing I have definitely not liked as the world has become more connected is how much more instant gratification everyone seems to have become, and as a game developer I honestly don't know what to think about people that almost froth at the mouth for new game releases.

I mean, I guess it's nice that someone wants the game THAT badly, but I don't know what to think of some of the people that go absolutely bonkers that I just don't know how to describe it.

Anyways, my two cent rant. It's just video games people. Amazing way to kill sometime and my preferred form of entertainment by far. But keep some perspective.

Old
09-11-2012, 11:45 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanschu View Post
It's one thing to drop the ball, and this will undoubtedly hurt their bottom line. I don't discount that gamers should be disappointed.

But as a hardcore gamer that absolutely hates the fact that the idea of gamer entitlement is absolutely true I encourage you to take some perspective and realize that you were inconvenienced in a video game.

I know the hobby is still (slowly...) continuing to mature, but having people going around claiming that it's false advertising and in general raging about it does little to help this. (note, it's not false advertising, but I know consumers feel that if they can somehow threaten the reputation or bottom line of a company, it'll make said company pay more attention to their complaints).

I know it seems like I'm unfairly picking on you specifically, but I see it everywhere and it only helps marginalize the entire community when an actual serious issue does occur.

Talk about a first world problem if something that makes us so irate is not getting to play a new video game the very instant it comes out.

I'm massively jacked for the new XCOM game, to which I even preordered it which is something I have only done like 3 or 4 times in my 20+ year gaming history. But if the Steam servers all exploded and I wasn't able to play it that day, especially due to technical issue, life goes on. Sometimes **** happens. If this is something that makes a person fly off their rocker, how the hell do people deal with popping out of the shower and learning that a sibling was killed that evening? Maybe I'm just extra edgy myself since that's exactly what happened to me on this day 18 years ago, and it seems kind of ironic for a hardcore gamer as myself to have to tell others "it's just a video game" but frankly it needs to be said.

One thing I have definitely not liked as the world has become more connected is how much more instant gratification everyone seems to have become, and as a game developer I honestly don't know what to think about people that almost froth at the mouth for new game releases.

I mean, I guess it's nice that someone wants the game THAT badly, but I don't know what to think of some of the people that go absolutely bonkers that I just don't know how to describe it.

Anyways, my two cent rant. It's just video games people. Amazing way to kill sometime and my preferred form of entertainment by far. But keep some perspective.
I'm not raging that I didn't get my copy on time. I'm raging because I didn't want to leave home and get it at 10 am in the morning. But the fact it wasn't up until 10 am makes me feel like I should have just preordered it from best buy. Either way, I'm not mad anymore because I'm getting a refund for the game on the psn. So I'm fine now.

Old
09-12-2012, 08:06 AM
metallicat

So I'm sure this has been asked, but no Justin Schultz yet right? And Yakupov a 62 overall?

Old
09-12-2012, 10:32 AM
InUtero
Oilers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
So I'm sure this has been asked, but no Justin Schultz yet right? And Yakupov a 62 overall?
Schultz won't be in unless he plays a game for the Oilers or OKC. I bumped up Yakupov's overall to a 76 and he finished the season with 28 goals and 46 points.

Old
09-12-2012, 11:20 AM
BowDangles

I didn't find face offs too too hard to win, I think i went 45-50% with RNH taking the majority of the draws for me. So thats quite a bit higher than what RNH would typically do.

Eberle is so easy to knock off the puck in this game, everytime the computer gets close to me Eberle ends up on his ass. He does have an wicked shot though.

I think it is funny that the goalies make these incredible cross crease saves more often than not but let in soft wrist shots on a 1 on 2 from the blue line... haha typical Dubnyk I guess.

The pending lockout is going to suck because the roster update won't happen unless they play some NHL games.

I put Yakupov on my team, kept him the same ranking but I would like J. Shultz to be on there as well.

Old
09-12-2012, 11:31 AM
Planisphaerium

The Ordinary Gentleman are looking for club members!

This is NHL 13 for ps3. Although not required, it would be nice if you had Skype. We rarely use the chat function as it gets choppy in game. Skype is preferred.

Hello fellow oiler fans, my Eashl hockey team is looking for club members. I figured this would be as good a place as any to try and find some new team mates.

First off, a bit about myself, I'm a rabid Nhl series fan, I've owned every title since 1999. Even the bad ones (06 cough) I play the HECK out of these games. I was amazed when they released the skill stick and it's still such a robust system. I've been playing club games with my mate for 3 years now (since it was announced) and its been some of the most fun I've ever had playing online. You can't question my passion. We've always been a solid duo with some comers and goers, but nothing really solid. Last year we were in the top 10 for about 3 months. When I got off of medical leave we just couldnt keep up the pace and eventually settled in the top 100 for most of the year.

Well we're back and hungrier than ever. Our current record is 16-7-0 which is not entirely accurate due to two overtime losses that registered as regulation for some reason and one very unfair disconnect (my neighbors kid unplugged the router... We were up 4-1)

My stats are as follows (my mates are almost identical)
21 games played
16 goals
16 assists

We play a very fast but defensive game, we get a lot of our goals off of the rush and rebounds. We are both very solid playmakers and both solid on defense (I started out as a defenseman, I can easily switch if needed) we can and will set you up if you're open and we will bury your passes.

We are currently looking for the following:
Center
Left defenseman
Right defenseman

Must be solid defensively and not afraid to make a play.

I am available to play everyday except Wednesday and Sunday. I usually play from 5 pm to around 10-12 pm depending.

Thanks for your time. If you have any questions please ask.

Last edited by Planisphaerium: 09-12-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Old
09-12-2012, 11:34 AM
Planisphaerium

I wouldn't be opposed to recruiting a goalie as well.

Old
09-12-2012, 11:39 AM
IamTheStig

I have been very interested in getting involved with something established like this.

I play a ton of NHL in my spare time... but my schedule is very erratic.. I work a four day on four day off rotation... so my availability is constantly fluctuating.

If you would be interested in an eager rookie, with a lot of drive, and a set rotation of work availability, I would be glad to offer up my services on a forward position basis.

Old
09-12-2012, 11:40 AM
backhandsauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowDangles View Post
I didn't find face offs too too hard to win, I think i went 45-50% with RNH taking the majority of the draws for me. So thats quite a bit higher than what RNH would typically do.

Eberle is so easy to knock off the puck in this game, everytime the computer gets close to me Eberle ends up on his ass. He does have an wicked shot though.

I think it is funny that the goalies make these incredible cross crease saves more often than not but let in soft wrist shots on a 1 on 2 from the blue line... haha typical Dubnyk I guess.

The pending lockout is going to suck because the roster update won't happen unless they play some NHL games.

I put Yakupov on my team, kept him the same ranking but I would like J. Shultz to be on there as well.
Totally agree. We just may have to create J. Schultz

Old
09-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Planisphaerium

Quote:
Originally Posted by NsOilFan99 View Post
I have been very interested in getting involved with something established like this.

I play a ton of NHL in my spare time... but my schedule is very erratic.. I work a four day on four day off rotation... so my availability is constantly fluctuating.

If you would be interested in an eager rookie, with a lot of drive, and a set rotation of work availability, I would be glad to offer up my services on a forward position basis.
Do you often know your schedule a few weeks in advance?

Old
09-12-2012, 03:04 PM
IamTheStig

Yep, I can map it out for 5 years ..

Any slight changes would be well in advance

Edit: ahhh, crud I didn't see the PS3 at the top...

Xboxer

Old
09-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Is Hall super fast?

Old
09-12-2012, 04:03 PM
T-Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreator View Post
Is Hall super fast?
After playing about three games online I'd say Hall is pretty darn quick with some beastmode strides compared to other guys.

Also wristers from the blue line are killing me online. It is ridiculous what goes in.

Old
09-12-2012, 04:19 PM
metallicat

How does GM Connected work? If you're against 29 other human controlled teams, do you have to play 82 games against other teams? And so does that mean you have too be online a lot to be able to keep the season going along?

Old
09-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
How does GM Connected work? If you're against 29 other human controlled teams, do you have to play 82 games against other teams? And so does that mean you have too be online a lot to be able to keep the season going along?
You have the option to play all 82 games or they can be simmed. In the PS3 GM Connected League, I will be simming games to keep the flow going. I am hoping at the end of november to have 1 season done, but we will see how quickly it goes.

Old
09-12-2012, 04:27 PM
metallicat

But do both human controlled teams have to decide to play or sim?

Old
09-12-2012, 04:40 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

Need 13 More GM's

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1258863

Old
09-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Oil Gauge

Hey guys, if anyone is looking to join a second league I'm in one and we are looking for GM's for the kings, wings and wild. The old GM's may have made a few trades already. PM me if you are interested.

its a PS3 league

Last edited by Oil Gauge: 09-12-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old
09-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Oil Gauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Oilers View Post
As long as we like. I am gonna sim games by how fast they are played. So if I find 80-85% played in the 2 weeks I have set up for, then I will sim to the next 2 weeks (obviously I'll give a warning to when I will sim but I won't hesitate after that)
In my other league we calculated that if we do 3-4 segments a week we can complete a year in about 7 weeks

Closed Thread