HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Be A Pro Thread

Old
09-08-2012, 01:58 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

vCash: 500
Be A Pro Thread

For all your Be-A-Pro stories.

Last edited by ChibiPooky: 08-05-2013 at 05:16 PM.
IslesRock4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Koogar

Sorry to kinda ruin the first post lol, but can you sim your BAP games without the coach going nuts about it and putting you on 2nd line and stuff?

How does it feel compared to last year?

Thanks

Koogar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 06:39 PM
molsonmuscle360

vCash: 50
Started out my career in the Memorial Cup as I didn't feel like playing a full CHL career this year. 6'1 Butterfly Goalie for the Edmonton Oil Kings to start out. Won my first game 4-2 with 22 saves, won the 2nd game 4-1 with 31 saves, 3rd game won 2-0 with 21 saves and then lost in the Memorial Cup final in OT 2-1 with 27 saves. Got drafted first overall by the Edmonton Oilers. And that's where I stand so far.

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 08:37 PM
PookDo

Started my career in the pre season with the Capitals. Scored 4 goals in my first game

PookDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2012, 09:22 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Originally Posted by PookDo View Post
Started my career in the pre season with the Capitals. Scored 4 goals in my first game
What difficulty are you playing on??

Old
09-08-2012, 10:06 PM
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koogar View Post
Sorry to kinda ruin the first post lol, but can you sim your BAP games without the coach going nuts about it and putting you on 2nd line and stuff?

Thanks
I'm only playing BAP purely for unlocking boosts for EASHL. If you're doing that then there's a requirement that you have to play 40 games a season. If you sim all your games it's a guarantee your coach will send you down a line or even possibly the AHL. So to prevent that I'm alternating playing a game then simming the next game. Last year with NHL 12 you can sim a game until the third period to play the rest and it would count. Though some players ended up not unlocking anything so do it at your own risk. I'm playing a whole game just to make sure.

I find BAP way better than last year. Even though there isn't a lot of improvements made I'm having way more fun maintain because if the changed gameplay. The new skating system just make it more realistic and less arcadey.

Last edited by McSkittlez: 09-08-2012 at 10:47 PM.
McSkittlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Dustin Peener
I wanna be sedated

vCash: 3500
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
Started out my career in the Memorial Cup as I didn't feel like playing a full CHL career this year. 6'1 Butterfly Goalie for the Edmonton Oil Kings to start out. Won my first game 4-2 with 22 saves, won the 2nd game 4-1 with 31 saves, 3rd game won 2-0 with 21 saves and then lost in the Memorial Cup final in OT 2-1 with 27 saves. Got drafted first overall by the Edmonton Oilers. And that's where I stand so far.
Guessing they've fixed goalie mode then.

Does the AI still do the impossible to stop one-timers on the rush?

Dustin Peener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 07:09 PM
LemieuxFTW

Quote:
Is there a way to set sliders to have an advantage in goal? I'm not a scrub by any means, I had my goalie legend 3 in EASHL last year but doing it offline for the boosts and getting torn up by rebounds and onetimers.

LemieuxFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 07:32 PM
ManyIdeas

Lots of faceoffs....

ManyIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 07:40 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
5 minute periods?

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 07:44 PM
PookDo

Quote:
What difficulty are you playing on??
Rookie. I should move it up

PookDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 09:22 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
Guessing they've fixed goalie mode then.

Does the AI still do the impossible to stop one-timers on the rush?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemieuxFTW View Post
Is there a way to set sliders to have an advantage in goal? I'm not a scrub by any means, I had my goalie legend 3 in EASHL last year but doing it offline for the boosts and getting torn up by rebounds and onetimers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Trick Pony View Post
5 minute periods?
Goalie mode seems a lot easier. I'm playing 7 minute periods on allstar/hardcore. Haven't touched the settings. The cross crease passes aren't nearly as big of a problem if the defense is in position (which the cpu usually is). The main thing I find is to cheat a little bit and force them to shoot either to where you are holding your anticipation button or right into you. If you are having problems with rebounds try moving with the shot a little and forcing the rebound out into the corners

I'm having a bit more trouble online, but it's mostly because I don't have a team so I have been facing a lot of odd man rushes. I'm 5-3 online in goal right now with a 3.02 GAA and a .837 save percentage. Although I have yet to let in a breakaway goal (7) or a penalty shot (3)

Old
09-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Tavaresfan91

Name: Alexander Chubarov
Position: Defenseman
Age 17
Number: 77
QMJHL Team: Quebec Remparts
Player Type: Offensive Defenseman
Height: 6'3
weight:220

ill keep you guys updated i dont have season ticket so i will be getting the game tomorrow.

Tavaresfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 05:03 PM
sully61
Unregistered User

I'll be doing a few be a pro modes. I'll introduce the guys a bit for now.

Name: Niklas Lundqvist (SWE)
Position: Goalie
Number: 52
Team: Saginaw Spirit
Player Type: Hybrid
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 220

Name: Keith Sullivan (USA)
Position: Defensemen
Number: 61
Team: Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds
Player Type: Offensive Defenesmen
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 190lbs

Name: Riley Knight (CAN)
Position: Defensmen
Number: 95
Team: London Knights
Player Type: Stay at Home Defensmen
Height: 6'7"
Weight: 255lbs

Name: Corey Terry (USA)
Position: Center
Number: 74
Team: Barrie Colts
Player Type: Sniper or Playermaker (haven't decided)
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 185lbs

I will be updating each of them separately. Maybe do every 10 or 20 games I'll update them. I'll probably play half and sim half.

Last edited by sully61: 09-10-2012 at 05:09 PM.
sully61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 07:04 PM
DohBruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koogar View Post

Thanks
I hated this too,

I only like to play a few games a season which, when simulating ends up sending me to the AHL. Also, you player does horrible when you are not playing all the time, even if he is rated 90+. I played other 'be-a-pro'-game modes in other sports games and I did not have this problem, and the game mode ends up being much more enjoyable.

DohBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 08:33 PM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan02190 View Post
I hated this too,

I only like to play a few games a season which, when simulating ends up sending me to the AHL. Also, you player does horrible when you are not playing all the time, even if he is rated 90+. I played other 'be-a-pro'-game modes in other sports games and I did not have this problem, and the game mode ends up being much more enjoyable.
REally? I generally just intervened everytime a game went to OT or every 6-7 games and scored over 100 points as a 17 year old in the Q. CPU scored most of them.

Use the Schwartz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 09:10 AM
DohBruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman View Post
REally? I generally just intervened everytime a game went to OT or every 6-7 games and scored over 100 points as a 17 year old in the Q. CPU scored most of them.
Ya i meant in the NHL

DohBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 09:58 AM
SaNcAlandariel

I'm going to pick up NHL 13 on my way home after classes. Most likely I'm going to only do one pro this year instead of starting a new one every seven games like I did last year and the year before, and in NHL '10. Avoiding playing with my online pro should leave me plenty of time (when I have time to play NHL) to advance my pro. This year I'm going to go with a virtual version of me with accurate height and weight instead of playing the "best" height/weight combination.
I haven't decided yet if I'll bother playing the CHL or just randomly pick a number 1-30 and play for that NHL team. I'm probably going to leave the game on default difficulty and just see how it plays out.
If they've made the Be-A-Pro Goalie mode playable then I may create another pro just for that.

TL;DR: I have no concrete plan of what I'm going to do yet. Maybe when I get the game I'll finalize what I'm doing.

SaNcAlandariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 02:29 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNcAlandariel View Post
I'm going to pick up NHL 13 on my way home after classes. Most likely I'm going to only do one pro this year instead of starting a new one every seven games like I did last year and the year before, and in NHL '10. Avoiding playing with my online pro should leave me plenty of time (when I have time to play NHL) to advance my pro. This year I'm going to go with a virtual version of me with accurate height and weight instead of playing the "best" height/weight combination.
I haven't decided yet if I'll bother playing the CHL or just randomly pick a number 1-30 and play for that NHL team. I'm probably going to leave the game on default difficulty and just see how it plays out.
If they've made the Be-A-Pro Goalie mode playable then I may create another pro just for that.

TL;DR: I have no concrete plan of what I'm going to do yet. Maybe when I get the game I'll finalize what I'm doing.
If you don't want to play in the CHL, I like to just play the Memorial Cup tournament. Play it on a realistic difficulty and see where you actually get drafted.

Old
09-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

CHL player ratings certainly are down this year hahaha

Use the Schwartz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 07:22 PM
SaNcAlandariel

After a 1-0-2 round robin, the Cataractes manged to defeat the Sea dogs to get into the finals. In the final match, my pro scored a natural hat trick after being down 0-1. The final score was Cataractes 4 : London 2.
In the Draft, I got selected 1st overall by the San Jose Sharks. I'd write this like an actual story but the preseason awaits. Not bad for a 5'7" center to go #1 overall.
Just scored SO winner against the Ducks. Now for sleep.

Last edited by SaNcAlandariel: 09-11-2012 at 08:45 PM.
SaNcAlandariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

How is bap? I got the game but my brother is hogging the game -__-

Tony D63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 11:40 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LundqvistFTW View Post
How is bap? I got the game but my brother is hogging the game -__-
I can score, but I can't get an assist to save my life. They fixed goalie xp, so it's actually possible to do a BaP goalie (but I suck).

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 11:46 PM
Dylonus

Going to be insanely hard to get assists until they fix goaltenders...

They need to be nerfed a little bit. Their mobility is literally impossible to beat at times. I literally had an instant where the goalie went from one side to the other; splitting the pads, in literally .1 of a second. That's completely ridiculous.

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 12:28 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Which has the lowest expectations from the coach?

Sniper or playmaker ?

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote