HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

***OFFICIAL*** NHL '13 - all EASHL Talk here; Official EASHL edition. EASHL.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-11-2012, 09:15 PM
  #51
Avim86
Registered User
 
Avim86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal , Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Just a heads up, Avim will quit when he gets benched because there is 12 guys on.
Natey just mad because he won't get to see me deke out the whole team
only to miss the net....

Avim86 is offline  
Old
09-11-2012, 09:24 PM
  #52
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Trick Pony View Post
Subban is amazing in this game. DOn't know why he's been traded 700 times already in our league

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
09-11-2012, 09:27 PM
  #53
One Trick Pony
Registered User
 
One Trick Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I hope we restart

One Trick Pony is offline  
Old
09-11-2012, 09:32 PM
  #54
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Trick Pony View Post
I hope we restart
Looking for a minnesota wild GM for the PS3 league. The last one suffered an injury tonight. He will not be able to join the league.

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
09-11-2012, 10:01 PM
  #55
One Trick Pony
Registered User
 
One Trick Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Looking for a minnesota wild GM for the PS3 league. The last one suffered an injury tonight. He will not be able to join the league.
Don't join, commish is an ass

On a more serious note, 16 points in my first 4 OTP games. Not too shabby.

On a more more serious note, what's the cooldown period after leaving a club?

One Trick Pony is offline  
Old
09-11-2012, 10:09 PM
  #56
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avim86 View Post
Natey just mad because he won't get to see me deke out the whole team
only to miss the net....
Hahaha, you weren't bad at dangling. You actually had some decent moves, but you held onto the puck far too long.

Your defensive positioning leaves a lot to be desired, no offense. Think of the defensive zones as 5 boxes. Four even sized boxes covering the whole zone and a box dead smack in the middle for the center (although the center generally has a little more freedom).

When you're all the way over the LW's point (his square), that's not going to work. Both defensively and on the breakout. It kills the entire breakout.

Also, when a defenseman takes a penalty and you're the RW, you play defense. Just a heads up.

No hard feelings, but just trying to give you some help.

One Man Rock Band is online now  
Old
09-11-2012, 10:13 PM
  #57
imisssaku
@imisssaku
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
gamertag is explodedbox, i just bought the game. i was a pretty good defensemen in eashl, but i can also play any forward position competently. would really like to join a league and play!

also looking for a gm connected league, will take any team.

imisssaku is offline  
Old
09-11-2012, 10:22 PM
  #58
Bud2790
Registered User
 
Bud2790's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,894
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syck Frank View Post
I'm getting too old for this ****....

But seriously, playing D is just not fun anymore with all the crazy poke checks and slow backchecks going on....

Basically, I just have to shadow the cherry pickers and make sure they're infront of me....the minute that someone's right besides me, I can forget about it, he's just gonna smoke me and go on a breakway.

"Learn to play D!" Yeah...but D also gets to support the attack too. In this game, **** no, I have to stay in the neutral zone all the time just to make sure we dont get a weird bounce because god forbid I dare try to wait for a one timer from the point; they took away the vision control too!

I'm not an EA basher, but I'm really not digging this game so far. Maybe when I get better ratings...
I'm actually liking D. Supporting the offence definately isn't easy and one timers are hard, but I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Bud2790 is offline  
Old
09-11-2012, 10:26 PM
  #59
Bud2790
Registered User
 
Bud2790's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,894
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GoHabsGo99 View Post
apparently someone stole my codes that works at ebgames/gamestop... EA is sending me new ones..
Did you email them? If so, do you have the address?

I have the code in my collectors edition, but the code from EB for the pre-order does not work..

Bud2790 is offline  
Old
09-11-2012, 11:01 PM
  #60
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
Jack Bourdain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montréal, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,132
vCash: 500
I'm the best player on this team. I actually scored a goal with my 46 overall guy.

Jack Bourdain is offline  
Old
09-11-2012, 11:15 PM
  #61
Dagistitsyn
Registered User
 
Dagistitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
I'm the best player on this team. I actually scored a goal with my 46 overall guy.
And I'm leading the club in goals with a whopping 3.

Dagistitsyn is offline  
Old
09-11-2012, 11:29 PM
  #62
Avim86
Registered User
 
Avim86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal , Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Hahaha, you weren't bad at dangling. You actually had some decent moves, but you held onto the puck far too long.

Your defensive positioning leaves a lot to be desired, no offense. Think of the defensive zones as 5 boxes. Four even sized boxes covering the whole zone and a box dead smack in the middle for the center (although the center generally has a little more freedom).

When you're all the way over the LW's point (his square), that's not going to work. Both defensively and on the breakout. It kills the entire breakout.

Also, when a defenseman takes a penalty and you're the RW, you play defense. Just a heads up.

No hard feelings, but just trying to give you some help.
No offence doesn't really apply here when you're assuming that I know nothing about basic hockey as an avid fan for the last 20+ years and a former player (Junior B/I'm no Pro ) I know what positioning is...The reality here is that I do have a defensive game , I'm also speedy thus making me ideal to go EAST-WEST and poke pucks away and usually the only reason I go towards LW is because the LW isn't there...I understand that my style of play doesn't mesh with everyone but once people adapt just a little bit good things tend to happen...I'm sort of like P.K Subban force me to play the system you get a bland product , however letting me play my game usually produces positive results and overall strong hockey plays. I actually am a little perplexed by the statement that my defensive game leaves to be desired as I've always considered myself a two way player...Now again this is just my opinion and obviously I disagree with your assessment. I hope after you've released the book on my weaknesses the rest of the league won't adjust , because then I'll really be in trouble .


Last edited by Avim86: 09-11-2012 at 11:42 PM.
Avim86 is offline  
Old
09-11-2012, 11:45 PM
  #63
Avim86
Registered User
 
Avim86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal , Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Trick Pony View Post
Don't join, commish is an ass

On a more serious note, 16 points in my first 4 OTP games. Not too shabby.

On a more more serious note, what's the cooldown period after leaving a club?
Your allowed to leave and then join another club but if you leave the 2nd club you'll have to wait
either 24/48H not sure which one.

Avim86 is offline  
Old
09-11-2012, 11:48 PM
  #64
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avim86 View Post
No offence doesn't really apply here when you're assuming that I know nothing about basic hockey as an avid fan for the last 20+ years and a former player (Junior B/I'm no Pro ) I know what positioning is...The reality here is that I do have a defensive game , I'm also speedy thus making me ideal to go EAST-WEST and poke pucks away and usually the only reason I go towards LW is because the LW isn't there...I understand that my style of play doesn't mesh with everyone but once people adapt just a little bit good things tend to happen...I'm sort of like P.K Subban force me to play the system you get a bland product , however letting me play my game usually produces positive results and overall strong hockey plays. I actually am a little perplexed by the statement that my defensive game leaves to be desired as I've always considered myself a two way player...Now again this is just my opinion and obviously I disagree with your assessment. I hope after you've released the book on my weaknesses the rest of the league won't adjust , because then I'll really be in trouble .
You were holding the LWers hand on the breakout like 4 times in the last 5 minutes of the game. It was horrible.

We've went 6-1 since you left, so I'd say we produce solid results not having your style of play on our team.

You had 14 giveaways in that game.. probably at least 10 of them trying to dangle.

I'm sorry but if you turn the puck over 14 times per game and don't produce results, you aren't going to fit in.

I'm not questioning your knowledge of hockey. But the way you played in your games on Hockeys Future was what left a lot to be desired.

Anyway, I'm done with this conversation. Best of luck with HF Habs. They are a good group of guys.

One Man Rock Band is online now  
Old
09-12-2012, 12:08 AM
  #65
Avim86
Registered User
 
Avim86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal , Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Looking for a minnesota wild GM for the PS3 league. The last one suffered an injury tonight. He will not be able to join the league.
Chi signed Rozival how is that going to work?

Avim86 is offline  
Old
09-12-2012, 12:30 AM
  #66
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,803
vCash: 500
i just sent a join request to hf Habs. someone accept me, please!

Le Tricolore is offline  
Old
09-12-2012, 12:34 AM
  #67
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
i just sent a join request to hf Habs. someone accept me, please!
Accepted. Figures I freeze in a game I finally score.

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
09-12-2012, 12:44 AM
  #68
Avim86
Registered User
 
Avim86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal , Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Accepted. Figures I freeze in a game I finally score.
I told you to do the PS3 update :-).

Avim86 is offline  
Old
09-12-2012, 12:48 AM
  #69
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,357
vCash: 500
I've been brutal.

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
09-12-2012, 12:55 AM
  #70
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,803
vCash: 500
Playing with a 57 overall is a chore, haha

Le Tricolore is offline  
Old
09-12-2012, 01:13 AM
  #71
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund
 
Lars The GOAT Eller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Powerforward is awesome

Lars The GOAT Eller is online now  
Old
09-12-2012, 01:16 AM
  #72
Dagistitsyn
Registered User
 
Dagistitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Accepted. Figures I freeze in a game I finally score.
I was wondering what happened there.

Picked up a couple more wins with WildGranlund.

Dagistitsyn is offline  
Old
09-12-2012, 01:20 AM
  #73
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund
 
Lars The GOAT Eller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
I was wondering what happened there.

Picked up a couple more wins with WildGranlund.
Yah, nice chemistry between us 3 (i'm wild)

Lars The GOAT Eller is online now  
Old
09-12-2012, 01:41 AM
  #74
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
I was wondering what happened there.

Picked up a couple more wins with WildGranlund.
I just picked up another with him as well, we won in OT off a terribly ugly goal, but I'll take it

Le Tricolore is offline  
Old
09-12-2012, 01:53 AM
  #75
Avim86
Registered User
 
Avim86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal , Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
I was wondering what happened there.

Picked up a couple more wins with WildGranlund.
I taught him everything he knows .

Avim86 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.