HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

CHI signs Michal Rozsival [1 year, $2MIL]

Old
09-11-2012, 10:59 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Well, that means Pleks and you guys getting a favorite top prospect of MB's, maybe a pick as well.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 11:01 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
No Saad or TT though, Hammer or one of the two and then a Morin, Pirri, Beach type Bergy likes a lot plus a pick or another prospect.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 11:05 PM
vecens24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydoug View Post
..or depth for a compressed schedule.
Yup....until the CBA is resolved and the idea of the season begins, I can't see them dealing anyone. If the season is compressed, they'll need all these guys to step up at some point.

vecens24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 11:41 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilFan91 View Post
Hammer for Horcoff, calling it now.
I'm calling Horcoff amnesty buy out.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 12:26 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I'm sorry, are we still talking about Sheldon Brookbank? #7 defenseman is his best role. "Too costly" is understandable, but "too good" is a little absurd.

You'd be better off with Brett Lebda. And I don't mean that in a pejorative or hyperbolic sense; Lebda legitimately did a better overall defensive job than Brookbank last year in what amounted to a similar role.
Brookbank is better than a #7D. He may not be much better than that, but regular starter on a third pairing is where he needs to play.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 12:31 AM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

Why Rozy? Why not wait until camp starts and the teams desperate for your services (Philadelphia, Detroit..etc) start to really see the holes in their lineup. 1year, 2M is pretty embarrassing contract for a pretty good veteran defenseman in a very shallow market.

Maybe teams were really wary of his injury this past playoff? Either way.. His agent dropped the ball IMO.

HockeyThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 12:32 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
depth isnt a bad thing, though as a sens fan i certainly hope that hjarlmansson or leddy is being auctioned off to the highest bidder.

09-12-2012, 12:37 AM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyThoughts View Post
Why Rozy? Why not wait until camp starts and the teams desperate for your services (Philadelphia, Detroit..etc) start to really see the holes in their lineup. 1year, 2M is pretty embarrassing contract for a pretty good veteran defenseman in a very shallow market.

Maybe teams were really wary of his injury this past playoff? Either way.. His agent dropped the ball IMO.
Maybe it's because the Hawks are using his friendship with Mr. Doan as bait?

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 12:39 AM
puckfan13

I guarantee he will be playing second pairing with Leddy most of the year. He played on a pairing with OEL last year and OEL really blossomed. It's also a great signing in the sense that Oduya is useless out there and Seabrook and Keith have been overtaxed to an extreme in the past two years playing the toughest ES minutes, PK minutes and PP minutes - you can see it has really affected Keith's ES offensive production from his Norris year where Campbell was there to take some of the work. Roszival is going to take a bit of a load off the PK side for those two I believe because while Hjalmarsson is great on the PK, Oduya is not trustworthy out there. Really underrated signing and I think people that think he will sink to 7/8 role don't know what this guy is about. Leddy has become a legit top-4 dman in his own right and this will just allow him to blossom further.

puckfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 12:42 AM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

Always liked Rozsival, glad to see he's signed a contract to keep him in the NHL for another year. Bit surprised he got up to 2 million, but he should be a solid depth addition, to the back end for the Blackhawks.

PierreMcGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 12:49 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I'd love to get a solid Top6 Player that knows how to play D. Would love this guy next to Bolland on the 3rd line. Like Versteeg or Ladd was

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 12:53 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Hmmm, thought he'd never play again the way Dustin Brown ended his career, according to some Yotes fans. Good to see he not only lived but is able to walk, talk, eat and function fully as a human being again.

Good signing for Chicago. I like it, and it provides veteran depth.
Dr. Shane Doan apparently was wrong about that "blown knee" and his career being over.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 12:54 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
I'd love to get a solid Top6 Player that knows how to play D. Would love this guy next to Bolland on the 3rd line. Like Versteeg or Ladd was
*(i'm assuming you're talking about the return for hjarlmasson, as i'm sure you know rozsival is not that player)

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 01:08 AM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsp1ll View Post
I guarantee he will be playing second pairing with Leddy most of the year. He played on a pairing with OEL last year and OEL really blossomed. It's also a great signing in the sense that Oduya is useless out there and Seabrook and Keith have been overtaxed to an extreme in the past two years playing the toughest ES minutes, PK minutes and PP minutes - you can see it has really affected Keith's ES offensive production from his Norris year where Campbell was there to take some of the work. Roszival is going to take a bit of a load off the PK side for those two I believe because while Hjalmarsson is great on the PK, Oduya is not trustworthy out there. Really underrated signing and I think people that think he will sink to 7/8 role don't know what this guy is about. Leddy has become a legit top-4 dman in his own right and this will just allow him to blossom further.
I appreciate your analysis and hope you're 100% spot on. Leddy could use the proper partner.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 01:40 AM
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Thats why I suggested Kennedy, and he can also fill in the top 6 for a bit when injuries occur.

ObsessedCreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 01:56 AM
Martini*
Gods Team

Any signing that gets Nick Leddy out of the indian head is alright by me.

Take Kruger with him and get a decent top six player.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 05:04 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Any 1 year deal is safe to me. It's really hard to mess them up. Does that mean Rozsival will play great? Not one bit. We will have to see. But this signing is as safe as it can get. Good insurance, if you ask me.

ColePens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 06:37 AM
CF Punk
Le Magnifique

Hjalmarsson to Pittsburgh please

CF Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 07:50 AM
DontToewzMeBro

Hammer,KHayes, 2nd
Plekanec

DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 08:42 AM
guyzeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
depth isnt a bad thing, though as a sens fan i certainly hope that hjarlmansson or leddy is being auctioned off to the highest bidder.
Bryan Murray won't try to get Hammer with the Sens, he tried earlier but the asking price was probably too high once other teams got involved.

I'm not sure what we could give Chicago now that Foligno is gone.

To get hammer would have to involve probably Zbad vs hjarlmansson +

Chicago would not do it and I'm not ready to hear our fan base cursing at BM for that trade.

Or Bishop + vs hjarlmansson but Chicago's fan base doesn't like that trade

guyzeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 08:46 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSoH View Post
Im glad Dustin Brown is able to walk also after Smith cut his legs off according to some Kings fans. Get over it, it was in the heat of the moment you won the cup and you still feel the need to cry.
No need to cry at all. Rather, mock the lovely 'doctors' on the Coyotes payroll, like Doan and his 'blown knee' statement, like Herby pointed out.

I don't recall to many Kings players saying Dustin Brown (or Mike Richards, or a few other Kings for that matter) was going to be a war amp thanks to Mike 'Billy' Smith's four-year-old temper-tantrums.

But trust me, no crying here as a Kings fan. We have that big shiny and that's more than enough to keep the tears at bay.

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 10:07 AM
GaryU

Hawks still need a #2C...Can't go thru another year of Kane/Kruger there...

GaryU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Rozsival is as good as Hammer when healthy
I saw a couple of reruns of PHX-Nashville games from the PO's, and it was definitely another reminder of just how good of a D Rozsival really is.

He was without any doubt the NR 1 D for NYR during his time in NY. If you look at the PO's this spring, in all series PHX played, Rozi was one of the better D's on the ice (of course not the best, but up there with them atleast).

He is definitely below avg a as a PPQB, and hence will never put up great numbers. But 5 on 5, he is just a darn competent D. In today's NHL, there are plenty of D's who do well as long as they are not put in a bad spot. If that happens, alot of D's are badly exposed when you can't clutch and grab anymore. Rozi is in a pretty exclusive group of D's who really can take care of himself on the ice and get by in all situations. He makes a good first pass and is excellent and being constructive while under heavy pressure.

A great signing by Chi for sure.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 11:06 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Brookbank is better than a #7D. He may not be much better than that, but regular starter on a third pairing is where he needs to play.
If he is, then Lebda is a #4 defenseman, and our standards for quality blueliners in Columbus are absurdly high.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I'm sorry, are we still talking about Sheldon Brookbank? #7 defenseman is his best role. "Too costly" is understandable, but "too good" is a little absurd.

You'd be better off with Brett Lebda. And I don't mean that in a pejorative or hyperbolic sense; Lebda legitimately did a better overall defensive job than Brookbank last year in what amounted to a similar role.
The same Brookbank that averaged 15:36TOI , was a +11, had 120blkd shots, and 110 hits while playing 80 games? Somehow he is a 7th Dman?

You should watch him play sometime.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote