HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Nhl 13

Old
09-12-2012, 04:35 AM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Nhl 13

Anyone have it yet? 360 users add my gamertag 'ThePaxman'

I'm also interested in joining any kind of league anyone might get started, whether the be a GM or the team play stuff.

Rob Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 08:21 AM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
Anyone have it yet? 360 users add my gamertag 'ThePaxman'

I'm also interested in joining any kind of league anyone might get started, whether the be a GM or the team play stuff.
Didn't even realize it was out. I'll probably get it in a week or two when I'm done defending my cup title in NHL12.

GameTag is the same as my old username: BuiltTagonTough

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 08:24 AM
jfb392

Got my copy yesterday, which is surprising since I just ordered it on the 5th from Amazon.
I really love some of the ratings in it, like the blatant homer rating for Brendan Gaunce (4.5 star potential, highest of any prospect in the game).

Probably a noob question, but can people on PS3 play against people on 360?
It seems like people specify which system they're using when they talk about GM Connected and stuff but I just assumed that you'd be able to play anyone..
The last online game I played was Diablo II, so I have no idea.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 08:42 AM
JPurp26

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Got my copy yesterday, which is surprising since I just ordered it on the 5th from Amazon.
I really love some of the ratings in it, like the blatant homer rating for Brendan Gaunce (4.5 star potential, highest of any prospect in the game).

It seems like people specify which system they're using when they talk about GM Connected and stuff but I just assumed that you'd be able to play anyone..
Vancouver prospect, what do you expect?

Better gameplay so far, skating is much improved.

JPurp26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

Quote:

Nope, you can only play against your own console online. It's a bit ridiculous if you think about it, but that's how it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post

Skating is much more realistic and it's very hard to catch someone with an open ice hit. Also, if you make a mistake on defense you will not be able to recover quickly. The give and take with stick and pucks during poke check attempts or puck battles is much more dynamic and realistic as well.

Old
09-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Fly Boy
Aye Sir!

I will wait get it this weekend after I finish drill.
Xbox360 gamertag: FLY3914.

Fly Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 11:18 AM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
The ratings are bad, but the gameplay is much improved IMO. I didn't like NHL 12 very much, but am enjoying this one so far. Lemieux is rated 3 points better than Gretzky in the legends mode, which I find very irritating.

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 11:24 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

I'm enjoying it overall. Started my typical BaP with a LW sniper, as I always do. Playing with Kelowna in the WHL. I love how the speed actually matters this time around. As a fast, somewhat undersized player, I've actually pulled away from checks to end up with breakaways, which never used to happen. I had one last night where they had the puck in our zone and our guys collapsed to the net except for me. I strayed toward the middle of the blueline, between their pointmen, and the puck popped loose. One of our guys grabbed it and saw me starting to streak up-ice. He hit me with a pass just as one of their defenders was starting to turn toward me. I was only slightly ahead of him at the time, but by the time we hit their blueline, I had a solid 1.5 strides on him.

Also love that Request a Trade is an option this year once you hit the NHL.

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 12:17 PM
michaelsaas

Doing BAP now as LW TWF on the Remparts with Grigs and Roy
Does anyone else think Grigs potential is low? I think it was only 3 stars which if I understand correctly projects him in the high 70s?
If anyone ends up creating Girgs and wants to share the info hear I'd love to see (or any other unlisted Sabres prospect for that matter).

michaelsaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 12:41 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post

No, that really has to be the reason why.
He becomes a first line forward with an overall of almost 90 for most after one season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
Nope, you can only play against your own console online. It's a bit ridiculous if you think about it, but that's how it is.

Skating is much more realistic and it's very hard to catch someone with an open ice hit. Also, if you make a mistake on defense you will not be able to recover quickly. The give and take with stick and pucks during poke check attempts or puck battles is much more dynamic and realistic as well.
That is pretty ridiculous, but it's exactly what I expected after reading things about it.
I'll probably just stay offline and give HUT a try since I figured out that it can be offline too.

The skating is a huge aspect of it IMO and makes the game come together better.
It doesn't feel as rigid anymore and a lot of the crap that you could exploit has been eliminated because of it.
Unfortunately, the hits are not doing it for me as they are either completely useless or a huge hit and there's no middle ground.
The weight of the puck is much better since poke checks are actually useful now, but it could use a bit more weight.
I find that it's a bit too bouncy and it takes unrealistic hops, especially off of players, and magically finds the back of the net.
Perhaps more advanced physics are the bigger issue, as the puck should deaden more when it hits a player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsaas View Post
Doing BAP now as LW TWF on the Remparts with Grigs and Roy
Does anyone else think Grigs potential is low? I think it was only 3 stars which if I understand correctly projects him in the high 70s?
If anyone ends up creating Girgs and wants to share the info hear I'd love to see (or any other unlisted Sabres prospect for that matter).
He seems to have one of the higher overall ratings, but the potential is terrible.
Must be because he's 20.

Old
09-12-2012, 12:45 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
I'll probably just stay offline and give HUT a try since I figured out that it can be offline too.
You can? How?

Old
09-12-2012, 01:03 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by iciclesonapapershelf View Post
You can? How?
There's offline tournaments and such.
The first time I tried it was on the demo and that was offline, plus they talked about offline tournaments and the ability to challenge other people without actually playing them (basically it's their lineup but CPU controlled).
I don't know if it's new this year or what, but I'm going to give it a try.
Not too enthusiastic about playing online because of people who just use glitch and disconnect if they lose, but I'll give it a try once I have more of an idea about how much of that is corrected this year.

Old
09-12-2012, 01:30 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
There's offline tournaments and such.
The first time I tried it was on the demo and that was offline, plus they talked about offline tournaments and the ability to challenge other people without actually playing them (basically it's their lineup but CPU controlled).
I don't know if it's new this year or what, but I'm going to give it a try.
Not too enthusiastic about playing online because of people who just use glitch and disconnect if they lose, but I'll give it a try once I have more of an idea about how much of that is corrected this year.
I did do the offline demo stuff, but when I tried it on the actual game, it tried to connect me. I'll have to look again.

Old
09-12-2012, 01:38 PM
jfb392

Quote:
I did do the offline demo stuff, but when I tried it on the actual game, it tried to connect me. I'll have to look again.
Yeah, I think you have to connect to register your team and purchase packs but you don't necessarily have to face anyone.
I haven't tried it on the retail version yet but I have to claim my packs from the demo and the Bauer one I got from Amazon eventually.

Anyone know if you can buy the CCM RBZ stick or is it only available in the pre-order promotion?
I'm pretty sure I saw it offline but I like the look of the stick and want to use it in HUT.

Old
09-12-2012, 01:42 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Yeah, I think you have to connect to register your team and purchase packs but you don't necessarily have to face anyone.
I haven't tried it on the retail version yet but I have to claim my packs from the demo and the Bauer one I got from Amazon eventually.

Anyone know if you can buy the CCM RBZ stick or is it only available in the pre-order promotion?
I'm pretty sure I saw it offline but I like the look of the stick and want to use it in HUT.
I don't go online at all. Don't connect to EA or anywhere with my Box. Oh well. I was hoping for something similar to the card packs in NHL 2003, but with HUT.

Old
09-12-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:

I use it offline, not sure about online though

Looks unreal

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 02:25 PM
buffswords

Anyone have PS3? PSN is maurerpower13

buffswords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 03:27 PM
jfb392

Quote:
I don't go online at all. Don't connect to EA or anywhere with my Box. Oh well. I was hoping for something similar to the card packs in NHL 2003, but with HUT.
Do you have a modded system or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
I use it offline, not sure about online though

Looks unreal
I want to use it offline but the only BaP I've started is Giroux and I don't want to replace all of his stuff since he has a deal with Bauer.
I wanted to make a Drouin or McDavid one since both use CCM stuff like all junior players (McDavid might actually have some sort of deal already), but neither are in the game yet.

Old
09-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Hal2000

someday they'll get the horns right in this game lolol

Hal2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Do you have a modded system or something?

I want to use it offline but the only BaP I've started is Giroux and I don't want to replace all of his stuff since he has a deal with Bauer.
I wanted to make a Drouin or McDavid one since both use CCM stuff like all junior players (McDavid might actually have some sort of deal already), but neither are in the game yet.
I see your point, i cant figure out why Drouin is not in the game but Daniel Audette is.

I started a Be a Pro with Grigorenko, you can make him look pretty realistic

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Husko

Do you guys feel they might be going too far with making it realistic? Honestly, I'm not sure I want the game as realistic as possible. When it comes down to it, a big open ice hit is fun, and I want several a game, not the 5 per season that really exist.

Husko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 06:43 PM
PuckSim8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husko View Post
Do you guys feel they might be going too far with making it realistic? Honestly, I'm not sure I want the game as realistic as possible. When it comes down to it, a big open ice hit is fun, and I want several a game, not the 5 per season that really exist.
I think it still depends on the game you're in... I played a EASHL drop-in game and there were about 5 really big hits at least in it. Then I have a couple of games where there's no hits at all.

I'm loving the new skating, it's nice to have another game mechanic to have to learn for once, the stuff they had before was starting to get a bit boring.

PuckSim8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 07:58 PM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husko View Post
I like it how it is. I know once I get used to it I'll be more effective with hitting. Hitting in past years was fun but also if you played me, you'd be getting hit constantly. Way too easy, though obviously sometimes I'd be opening up a solid play in doing so. In no level of hockey is hitting as easy as it's been in NHL games of this generation, imo -- for me at least.

Man, my inability to recover defensively as in years past is really killing me sometimes, though. A lot of the good online players are automatic if they are walking in on net. But I like the direction the game is going in and once I adjust I'll like it more.

Old
09-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

i just bought it for ps3. IM awesome

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S