HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Evander Kane Proposal Thread (keep it here)

Closed Thread

Old
09-09-2012, 07:26 PM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdFerguson View Post
I have no problem with most of what you said, but Nash didn't exactly have leverage either. He was locked up for 6 years at the time of the trade. I suppose he had slightly more leverage than kane because of the cap hit, but teams never have to trade their stars when they ask. They do anyways, and its often at a loss.

I still want Kane to stay in Winnipeg, we don't know if he wants to stay there or not. The reason he hasn't signed can be any number of things: CBA, money, other contract negotiation issues, or maybe he doesn't like Winnipeg. I'm not gonna speculate what it is, but time will tell.
Nash had a NTC, and the Blue Jacket GM made the colossal error of speaking publicly about the situation. He basically made it impossible for Nash to come back and play in Columbus.

Old
09-10-2012, 06:07 AM
Pongs21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Taking everything into account
Marc Staal + Michael St. Croix
for
Evander Kane + Paul Postma

Jets say they want serious shutdown D, lefty to match Buf. DONE BIG TIME. plus he's developing what is a serious shot.
Jets would like scorers bottom 6 Ws. St. Croix has legit potential, he's a C technically, but close enough.

Rangers don't have an extra Staal to spare, but obtaining a talent like Kane would give three dominating lines, plus an energetic checking 4th. As to D, NY is desperate for righty D, so this helps with a 6th [2nd righty behind Girardi + Stralman]. Also, on prior thread, Hawk fans even split about Boyle + Biron for Olsen + 4th; even if secondary pieces are replaced, something around Boyle + for Olsen should fly. McIrath also later this year or next, so this works on paper.

Additionally, I'm in the minority here, but I predict speedster JT Miller is a better natural fit with Kreider/Hagelin +Callahan, meaning I could see Stepan as centerpiece going to the yotes for Yandle to help offset sacrifice of Staal.

Also depending upon what competition will pay, the Kings A Martinez may be available not cheap, but reasonably for futures.

Rangers can't take on too many big salaries, but should be able to do this. In about 4 yrs Richards salary can be moved.

The one key is that NYR must get a month free and clear to see if they can sign him for a reasonable length, which is only fair given Staal has 3 more years left.

I had considered other variations which paid more, which assumed Kane would re-up for certain, so Winnipeg moves him just because it's profitable, and does a sign and trade available to NY on good terms, decent length deal, decent numbers. That much overpayment is not necessary given Kane not jumping to re-sign, and Rangers would have to negotiate their own deal.
We already have enough bottom 6. A deal with the Rangers and Jets for Kane is going to start with Kreider.

More like:
Kreider + Stall +1st

Kane + Postma

Old
09-10-2012, 06:22 AM
Inflict
Viking

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongs21 View Post
We already have enough bottom 6. A deal with the Rangers and Jets for Kane is going to start with Kreider.

More like:
Kreider + Stall +1st

Kane + Postma
As a Jets fan, this would be an absolute steal but the Rangers are giving up WAY too much. Winnipeg would need to add even if we removed the 1st.

Old
09-10-2012, 12:29 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflict View Post
As a Jets fan, this would be an absolute steal but the Rangers are giving up WAY too much. Winnipeg would need to add even if we removed the 1st.
Tell it like it is, let your conscience be your guide.

Old
09-10-2012, 12:46 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongs21 View Post

More like:
Kreider + Stall +1st

Kane + Postma
Big time no.

We can talk about an alternate to St. Croix.

But Kreider is virtually untouchable. Granted, E Kane is a proven commodity. But we don't know the upside to Kreider yet. It might be higher. Both are big and strong, but CK is way faster skater than EK. Plus Kreider is beginning his ELC.

I would have an open mind to even considering trading him after a year or two and we get an idea of his ceiling, but not before, unless either Malkin or Stamkos is coming back.

Additionally, Staal is the best shut down D --- not the best overall D, just the best shut down D --- in the league, and if you don't extract a premium before from the Canes, you can get three full years under his contract.

So I consider that full value for EK.

If there were some sign and trade parallel, where you got him to sign 4-6 years on terms that Rangers ok'd beforehand, then we'd have to add some kind of premium for your trouble.

But that is not the case here. We get a brief discussion period to see if he would agree to an extension upon being traded. Jets are not otherwise put out. So no additional comp is in order.

Old
09-10-2012, 01:24 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Big time no.

But Kreider is virtually untouchable. Granted, E Kane is a proven commodity. But we don't know the upside to Kreider yet. It might be higher. Both are big and strong, but CK is way faster skater than EK. Plus Kreider is beginning his ELC.

I would have an open mind to even considering trading him after a year or two and we get an idea of his ceiling, but not before, unless either Malkin or Stamkos is coming back.

Additionally, Staal is the best shut down D --- not the best overall D, just the best shut down D --- in the league, and if you don't extract a premium before from the Canes, you can get three full years under his contract.

If there were some sign and trade parallel, where you got him to sign 4-6 years on terms that Rangers ok'd beforehand, then we'd have to add some kind of premium for your trouble.

But that is not the case here. We get a brief discussion period to see if he would agree to an extension upon being traded. Jets are not otherwise put out. So no additional comp is in order.
though i heartily disagree on your assessment of Kreider vs Kane, the above was definitely far too much. Again it the bizarre hf tenancy to think that the potential of being better then player x means prospect y is worth more (when in all likelihood it is usually far more likely that prospect y becomes much less then player x).

now its may be semantics but your post kind of read like you wouldn't even except kane for kreider, which seems bizarre, but this is neither here nor there.

My issue is postma is far closer (and more likely imo) to becoming an NHL player then st croix. I think St Croix is a long shot to be anything (from discussions with some ranger fans) where's Postma has already earned himself a one way (of course that doesn't mean anything in and of itself, but it's a good measurement of where the organization sees him).

What is Hagelins worth? What would be added on Winnipeg side or is that just pie in the sky dreaming? Besides the fact that he's from Winnipeg, I can't see why we (or any organization) would target st croix, I definitely feel a piece more likely to be a player of any sort would need to be coming back.

Old
09-10-2012, 01:51 PM
Huffer

Quote:
but CK is way faster skater than EK.
Really? And not just faster, but he's way faster?

Quote:
So you would only trade Kreider for Malkin or Stamkos? That's where you place his value?

Quote:
Additionally, Staal is the best shut down D --- not the best overall D, just the best shut down D --- in the league
I think that there are quite a few defensemen you are forgetting.

Quote:
Staal is a very good defenseman, but the Jets would not be trading Kane for him. The Jets wouldn't trade Kane for Kreider alone either, but I guess we won't have to worry about it considering Kreider is only available for Malkin or Stamkos.

Quote:

What does any of the above have to do with Kane being a RFA? If Kane was traded he would be under his new teams control for 4 more years.

Old
09-10-2012, 09:42 PM
Rocket of Russia
Defender of Tang

Quote:
Big time no.

That's pure looney tunes. E. Kane way slower than Kreider, Staal the best shut-down D in the league, and Kreider only considered to be involved in a trade if Malkin or Stamkos are coming in exchange. Dear god, I've lost faith in mankind.

Old
09-10-2012, 10:24 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

How fast is Kreider?

Kane did a lap in 14.06 while getting water bottles thrown at him. That would've put him as winner of the NHL skills competition fastest skater from 2007-2011. In 2012 they changed the format.

I'd say Kane is top 3 in the league.

Old
09-11-2012, 02:45 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Big time no.

Thought's like this are best to be keep inside your own head. The level of your homerism is beyond help, so there's no point in continuing in this discussion. Have yourself a nice rest.

Old
09-11-2012, 08:19 AM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

From the Islanders, I'd probably offer Nelson, deHaan and our 2013 1st. I doubt either of Strome or Reinhart would be available.

Old
09-11-2012, 08:43 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
From the Islanders, I'd probably offer Nelson, deHaan and our 2013 1st. I doubt either of Strome or Reinhart would be available.
For anything not included at least one of those two, i doubt that E Kane would be available... you want you core you give young core.

Old
09-11-2012, 08:51 AM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
For anything not included at least one of those two, i doubt that E Kane would be available... you want you core you give young core.
Kane would be a luxury more than anything. We need a 2nd line center(Strome) and a big franchise defender(Reinhart). We don't necessarily need Kane. I'd love to have him, which is why I'd offer that kind of package, but trading one of the big-2 would fill a hole by opening another.

Old
09-11-2012, 09:00 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Kane would be a luxury more than anything. We need a 2nd line center(Strome) and a big franchise defender(Reinhart). We don't necessarily need Kane. I'd love to have him, which is why I'd offer that kind of package, but trading one of the big-2 would fill a hole by opening another.
likewise for winnipeg, there's no reason to move him (besides unsubstantiated rumors). Kane is not really a luxury for Winnipeg, so they'd certainly be after a core piece coming back.

Old
09-11-2012, 09:32 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:

I think that Snow would be all over this type of deal.

Suddenly, rw would be a team strength with Kane/KO/Nino.

Old
09-11-2012, 10:17 AM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 5949
Quote:
I doubt Kane would be available then. You're lucky if Strome and Reinhart develop as well as Kane did - that's not a knock on either of them, just a reminder that prospects often don't work out as we hope. It seems many here are forgetting Kane himself was a top prospect drafted 4th overall who has developed about as well as you could hope. He's easily worth any top prospect outside of the elite first-overall caliber ones.

From the Islanders, based on previous discussion here, I'd say the price would roughly be two of: Strome, Reinhart, 2013 1st.

Old
09-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
From the Islanders, based on previous discussion here, I'd say the price would roughly be two of: Strome, Reinhart, 2013 1st.
Don't you think it is more likely to be one of those pieces plus an established NHLer and a 2nd / B prospect? That seems a more traditional structure.

There's too much risk for both sides in something based only on futures.

Old
09-12-2012, 08:04 AM
Benne

Plekanec-Evander Kane

Considering a trade around Plekanec and Evander Kane, which team should have to offer more?

Last edited by caley: 09-12-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old
09-12-2012, 08:08 AM
Sabreality

Montreal adds +++

Old
09-12-2012, 08:14 AM
Thundermare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreality View Post
Montreal adds +++
Not only Mtl would have to add more... but don't even think this is a good basis

Old
09-12-2012, 08:24 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Speculation? And Montreal would need to add big time. To get Kane it would most probably cost Paccioretty witch wouldn't make any sense, both teams are just better off keeping their respective players

Old
09-12-2012, 08:46 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

montreal is going to need to a bunch.

but I don't think the bunch is there too add.

Habs wont trade PK, Patch, or Price.

Which is what would probably needed

Old
09-12-2012, 09:08 AM
seafoam
#hewenttoharvard

Why? You have your first line LW.

Old
09-12-2012, 09:11 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Montreal can't afford to give up the depth at center and they'd have to give up another very significant piece. Wouldn't be worth their while.

Old
09-12-2012, 09:12 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Montreal would need to add, but really doesn't yet have the developed depth to be able to afford to add, so it ultimately wouldn't work out.

Closed Thread