HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Justin Bieber Offered ECHL Contract

Closed Thread

Old
09-12-2012, 01:37 AM
jaybo21

vCash: 500
I'm thinking he could be the number one center we are looking for.

lupul - Bieber - Kessel
Reemer - Grabo - Kulie

Thats a top six to fear.

Bieber 40 goals, 40 assists easy.

Old
09-12-2012, 01:40 AM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

vCash: 50
I'm not sure, is this a legit offer?

Old
09-12-2012, 01:41 AM
xerox
Hockey pimp

Bieber bieber bieber

Old
09-12-2012, 02:00 AM
Offspring

Just came in here to say that although I'm not up to date on my Justin Bieber news, it seems every other thing I hear about him is that he's doing this or that for charity or the less fortunate...Plus, the kid is harmless, all he does is sing love songs. On top of that, my nieces love him, and to be honest I'd rather they be fans of him, someone who's relatively a good role model, than someone like Lindsay Lohan or Rihanna any day. So yeah, Bieber gets a thumbs up from me

Old
09-12-2012, 02:35 AM
dubey
~manlets~

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo21 View Post
I'm thinking he could be the number one center we are looking for.

lupul - Bieber - Kessel
Reemer - Grabo - Kulie

Thats a top six to fear.

Bieber 40 goals, 40 assists easy.
This is a better post than whoever put Aucoin as our #1 centre yesterday

Old
09-12-2012, 05:52 AM
The Nic

We're seriously talking about this now?

Old
09-12-2012, 06:08 AM
Snaggle
nice sauce

vCash: 300
#1C for sure he's even using Kessel's stick!

Old
09-12-2012, 06:36 AM
Swervin81
Mo Riles Mo Problems

Today's music industry: Looks >>>>> Actual music . Bieber's music isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be, but it isn't that good either. He's mediocre singing wise. Unfortunately, if it came down to a fat man with a Freddie Mercury/Paul McCartney singing voice and Justin Bieber, they'd choose Bieber every day.

Old
09-12-2012, 06:36 AM
Drew311
Play Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuggle View Post
#1C for sure he's even using Kessel's stick!

He looks like a bit of an ankle burner. Plus he forgot the puck, I though he was good in shootouts??

Well, at least he'd provide some sand paper for the top line.

Old
09-12-2012, 06:39 AM
Drew311
Play Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervin81 View Post
Today's music industry: Looks >>>>> Actual music . Bieber's music isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be, but it isn't that good either. He's mediocre singing wise. Unfortunately, if it came down to a fat man with a Freddie Mercury/Paul McCartney singing voice and Justin Bieber, they'd choose Bieber every day.

Old
09-12-2012, 07:03 AM
ukleafsfan

[QUOTE=Duke Silver;54256459]So because you don't like his music you wish physical harm upon him? Grow up.QUOTE]

So every time any of us wants to see someone get hit on the ice we have to know them personally? Every time Orr punched someone in the face I cheered, wasnt I allowed unless I knew them personally and disliked them?

Old
09-12-2012, 07:50 AM
Snaggle
nice sauce

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
He looks like a bit of an ankle burner. Plus he forgot the puck, I though he was good in shootouts??

Well, at least he'd provide some sand paper for the top line.
Bahaha, I definitely did not notice the puck missing. I think he was too caught up in trying to look good. He's trying to pull off the one leg tucked in one leg not tucked in look with his skates. Such a fashionista. Can't wait for him to be our next gritty C!

Old
09-12-2012, 08:09 AM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Explorer View Post

To me these corporate manufactured music acts are frauds. For godssake if you don't even write your own songs you should not be famous for being a musician. I guess it more comes down to I hate the fact that I live in a society that is filled with people dumb enough to actually make these "acts" rich.
So how do you feel about Elvis Presley?

Thought so - your rant ends there. So much elitism in this thread that I can't even handle it. Do you people not understand how the music industry works? Every popular act is "corporate" to a degree. It's a ****ing business. The Beatles, Michael Jackson, Queen, Elvis, Madonna, to a certain extent Nirvana (arguably a contributing factor to why Cobain killed himself) becomes part of the corporate wheel that is the music industry eventually. They're marketed based on their image and it goes from there. This isn't a new thing. Bieber is another act for the industry to generate money and keep on going. I'm a ****ing musician and I can understand for the industry to work, there has to be a level of corporate management.

I'm glad you all like to acknowledge "talent" and "real skill" despite the fact it's entirely subjective. But the industry doesn't run on who is more talented than who - get over it. It's fine to not like what's in the mainstream but there are better things to do then act like a elitist ******* who's "above" it. Don't like it? Don't like how the industry is going? Don't pay attention to it - you're on the internet, you can find music ANYWHERE.

People want to be the ****ing heroes and show everyone “real” music. Be the hero and shut the hell up.. Nobody in any place, ever has the right to tell somebody what is good and what is not good. If a 12 year old kid thinks “Boyfriend” is the most important song in the world to them then guess what? It’s the most important song in the world to them. Get out of here with your “real” music nonsense. All music is real no matter how it’s created. If I wanted to take my keyboard and smash it across my monitor to a beat, I’m making music and it’s as real as whatever it is you listen to.

Old
09-12-2012, 08:34 AM
Mowerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Explorer View Post
Blindly?

It's not him as a person, but he is the culmination of how far mass media has fallen and people are getting sick of it. His music is not good. At all. People only think he's good because the people around them say that he's good. And those people only say that he's good because they think the people around them like him. In other words, Justin Beiber is a bad trend. A fad. People should not be getting famous and making tons of money by being a fad. Pretty soon, Beiber will be completely forgotten. Hopefully, the record companies won't find another Beiber to take his place.
Music isn't an objective concept that can be measured to determine its worth. It is entirely subjective, it's worth is derived from the individual listening. If somebody gets something out of Bieber's music, and according to his success clearly there are people who do, where do you get the right to state that they are wrong and it is horrible?

I don't like his music, or most pop music. I've played a vast array of musical instruments since I was a little kid and most of the forums I frequent are music-related. That doesn't make me better than somebody who just listens to pop radio. I just get a different enjoyment out of music, which is fine. Check your pretentious, over-inflated sense of self worth at the door and try out the whole live and let live philosophy. Bieber isn't going to stop the musicians you enjoy from making music. He's only any sort of a factor in your life because you are making him a factor by actively hating him and all that jazz. Isn't that a bit unnecessary?

I for one wish this would actually happen. God damn that would be jokes.

Old
09-12-2012, 09:12 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

hahahaha!

Old
09-12-2012, 10:00 AM
Espher

Send a message via ICQ to Espher Send a message via AIM to Espher Send a message via MSN to Espher Send a message via Yahoo to Espher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Silver View Post
The majority of people who hate Justin Bieber are just following a trend because it's the "cool" thing to do. See: Nickelback, Creed.
Nickelback and Creed both got into a habit of releasing trite, generic, commercialized rock. It was like listening to Brian Johnson-era AC/DC without any of the things that made (make) AC/DC memorable. They were deserving of hate, and Theory of a Deadman should probably be in that trifecta of garbage. To give credit to Nickelback, their last two albums have tried to find something distinctive and memorable with a few tracks, so that's a step up.

As for Justin Beiber, it's the same sort of thing in the pop world. The lyrics and music are trite even for pop music, and it has this processed, sterilized, "built for the masses to make mega dollarbucks and not actually contribute anything unique or distinctive" style. He is, however, a good "community type" with time/$$$ contributions (as I understand it), and old ladies and tweens find him OH SO ADORABLE, which combines with el generico for the aforementioned dollarbucks^2.

tl;dr: Let me put on my hipster hat and say he was better when he was just a YouTube internet celeb.~

Edit: You're right though in that most people couldn't explain their disdain for these artists beyond "they suck".

Old
09-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
Sounds like blind hate to me. Let us look at all the things wrong with this statement. You do not know him as a person. For one, he does have talent as a musician. His music is not meant to appeal to everyone, rather there is a specific market that is being targeted. From a business standpoint, it is very clever. He's 18 years old and has managed to be successful for many years already while making millions of dollars and I applaud him for that. If he passes, there will always be someone new coming up to take his spot because that market isn't going to magically disappear. By saying silly things like 'Damn I'd like to give him a Scott Stevens', just shows your insecurity and jealousy in front of a man who is far more successful financially and has millions of adoring fans.

In layman's terms, don't hate the player, hate the game.
Wait, wait, wait...

Unless I've woken up in a bizarro universe, ripping on crappy teenybopper superstars and lamenting the decline of actual music and wishing ill upon them is a time-honoured tradition dating back to the playground... it's not serious and doesn't warrant this kind of pseudo psychoanalytical and socioeconomic retort...

Old
09-12-2012, 10:53 AM
eyeball11

What's his +/-?

Old
09-12-2012, 10:58 AM
VasDimops

Bieber does (partially) write his own songs, he plays like 3-4 musical instruments, and can sing pretty good, and apparently can put on a damn good show, good enough to sell out madison square gardens at 16 or 17.........how is he not talented?

Old
09-12-2012, 11:03 AM
Hurt
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Wait, wait, wait...

Unless I've woken up in a bizarro universe, ripping on crappy teenybopper superstars and lamenting the decline of actual music and wishing ill upon them is a time-honoured tradition dating back to the playground... it's not serious and doesn't warrant this kind of pseudo psychoanalytical and socioeconomic retort...
How is one to differentiate between serious and not serious then? Wishing harm on a poor kid by 'Scott Stevens'-ing him sounds pretty serious. We're grown men and women here (mostly) so maybe we should act like mature young adults and adults. Either way, if I was to have a little daughter, I'd rather she fawn over someone harmless like Justin Bieber who at least seems like a good person than sexualized celebrities like Rihanna.

Either way, this topic has gone on long enough. This isn't related to Toronto, or our team and Justin isn't from Toronto anyways.

Closed.