HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Subban : Habs - Flyers talked.

Old
09-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Jigger77

vCash: 500
Hey why not, sure worked out well when they traded Chelios.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 12:13 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

I'm confident that Bergevin isn't dumb enough to make a massive mistake in trading Subban.

I would hope that unless he requests a trade, he's here for the long haul.

09-12-2012, 12:17 PM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Wow, so much hate for Bertrand Raymond... I'm not a fan of his but here, he's just doing his journalist job by giving a new information to the public based on sources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
Exactly. The Flyers probably talked to NYR about MDZ and WASH about Carlson. I hate how Bertrand Raymond always try to be the know it all pessimist. Plus, the way that jackass right his articles, he'll need to name his source(s) before I believe him. God. He just write in a way that he puts his opinions as facts. Why does every texts he writes has to be the front page of rds.ca? Moron.
I have a few questions for you :

1- Do you have sources that are telling you that the Flyers have talked to NYR about Del Zotto or to Washington about Carlson? Or if this is just speculation? Raymond article is not about speculation, but about facts.

2- You say he'll need to "name his sources". Are you kidding? Are you aware that rule number 1 of good journalism is to protect your sources and never to reveal their name? Some journalists have gone to jail just to protect their sources (and their credibility as journalists).

3- His text is on the front page of RDS.ca because it was the main news they had at that particular hour. And "exclusive news" are usually put on the front page in news websites and newspapers. What's wrong with that? If you criticize RDS for giving that news, then I suppose you will also criticize HF Boards moderators to leave a thread open about it? And I suppose you will also ignore that thread, right? Or else it would give too much importance to what is not a news for you...

This is not a thread about Raymond (for once, he has something legit). This is a thread about the fact that Flyers and Habs had talks about Subban. The same information would come from McKenzie or Dreger and the same "fans" would be all crazy about it. So much hate and so many insults here again, and it makes the Habs board so annoying to read as usual...

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 12:30 PM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
You know what I really hate about Bertrand Raymond? It's his pro-Quebec agenda. He's probably had wet dreams of a Subban, Pacioretty, Price and Plekanec trade for Giroux, Briere and Couturier. I'm sure he would love for his "news" to happen, just as I would love for him to retire.

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 12:36 PM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
You know what I really hate about Bertrand Raymond? It's his pro-Quebec agenda. He's probably had wet dreams of a Subban, Pacioretty, Price and Plekanec trade for Giroux, Briere and Couturier. I'm sure he would love for his "news" to happen, just as I would love for him to retire.
1- He never said anything like that.

2- Yes he has a pro-Quebec agenda... like about 80% of Habs fans.

3- Many posters here have anti-Quebec agendas, and I don't see you getting angry about it.

4- We live in a land where free speech is a fundamental right. Why are you guys so annoyed that, among all the voices giving their opinion about hockey, one of them goes against your own opinions and you would rather shut him up?

Old
09-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
1- He never said anything like that.

2- Yes he has a pro-Quebec agenda... like about 80% of Habs fans.

80% of Habs fans have a pro-Québec agenda?

source?

p.s. I'm not sure what 'new information' Bertrand is bringing to the table here, seems like a lot of speculation and no real news at all.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 12:41 PM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
80% of Habs fans have a pro-Québec agenda?

source?

p.s. I'm not sure what 'new information' Bertrand is bringing to the table here, seems like a lot of speculation and no real news at all.
I don't know for you, but me I think it's interesting to know that our GM hold talks with another GM who's looking for a young talented defenseman, about our young superstar defenseman. Come on, admit it : If the same information was coming from Dreger or McKenzie, it would suddenly become very important for you guys...

Old
09-12-2012, 12:41 PM
domdo345

Quote:
Wow, so much hate for Bertrand Raymond... I'm not a fan of his but here, he's just doing his journalist job by giving a new information to the public based on sources.

I have a few questions for you :

1- Do you have sources that are telling you that the Flyers have talked to NYR about Del Zotto or to Washington about Carlson? Or if this is just speculation? Raymond article is not about speculation, but about facts.

2- You say he'll need to "name his sources". Are you kidding? Are you aware that rule number 1 of good journalism is to protect your sources and never to reveal their name? Some journalists have gone to jail just to protect their sources (and their credibility as journalists).

3- His text is on the front page of RDS.ca because it was the main news they had at that particular hour. And "exclusive news" are usually put on the front page in news websites and newspapers. What's wrong with that? If you criticize RDS for giving that news, then I suppose you will also criticize HF Boards moderators to leave a thread open about it? And I suppose you will also ignore that thread, right? Or else it would give too much importance to what is not a news for you...

This is not a thread about Raymond (for once, he has something legit). This is a thread about the fact that Flyers and Habs had talks about Subban. The same information would come from McKenzie or Dreger and the same "fans" would be all crazy about it. So much hate and so many insults here again, and it makes the Habs board so annoying to read as usual...
IF Lavoie, Bob, Darren Dreger and others actual insiders, I will believe it. Not coming from the constant other than quebecers basher whom most articles are full of discrimination toward non french players/managers without any supporting facts other than a team built 30 years ago which is not even close to a realistic way of doing things nowadays. And yes I believe the Flyers talked to the Habs, Bertrand Raymond or not. And I never said I had sources about the flyers talking to the Rangers or the Caps, it is just logical. Now the way Raymond portrays the talks, he concludes that with the way PK handle himself along with teammates (which I doubt Raymond is allowed to be in the closed locker room where PK is really himself) and the way MT used to coach, he manipulatively induce that the Habs are shopping PK.

domdo345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 12:42 PM
chuck1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
I'd let them have Subban if we get Giroux in return.
lol I was gonna say the same thing.

chuck1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 12:42 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

If this rumor is true (which I wouldn't doubt since the Flyers are in a pretty bad situation). I would ask for nothing less than Brayden Schenn or Sean Couturier. Even then I'd want a defenseman like Marc-André Bourdon to be added to the deal. The Flyers don't really have any bluechip prospects on defense and Pronger is pretty much done with his current injury and Timonen is getting there in age. But Paul Holmgren never ceases to amaze me so I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls the trigger somewhere else.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
I don't know for you, but me I think it's interesting to know that our GM hold talks with another GM who's looking for a young talented defenseman, about our young superstar defenseman. Come on, admit it : If the same information was coming from Dreger or McKenzie, it would suddenly become very important for you guys...
Do 80 % of us guys ignore it because it's Bertrand?

I don't think so, it's more that this isn't really news at all.

Of course GM's discuss the possibility of trading players, that kind of stuff goes on all the time, so unless we have specifics (which we don't), it's really not ground breaking whatsoever. Many people have reported something similar (Teams inquiring about PK) all summer.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 12:46 PM
Roulin

Quote:
I don't think it's all that intriguing to read that the GM's discussed Subban, no matter the source - I'm sure the Flyers are calling all around the league about dmen. The really interesting (frightening) info would be if Bergevin was receptive to the notion of moving Subban, which Raymond never claims in his article.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
I don't think so, it's more that this isn't really news at all.
Pretty much...and yet, it's already all over twitter, RDS will report it the whole day on their various newscasts (there's already a video up on their site), this will probably make its way throughout the hockey media all over North America and it will only further create this weird perception that Subban is being shopped with people not informed of the situation blaming it on contract talks gone awry, when many comparable youngsters are still also RFA.

We should really invent a ''Habs talked with Dallas for Jamie Benn!'' story to counter this.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 12:50 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
They have credibility. Raymond has an agenda. They are two very different and very separate things. I don't beleive this idiot for a second. He's right down there with Jack Todd for guys who should've been fired long ago.

Subban isn't going anywhere unless somebody gives up the sky for him. No way do we deal him.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 12:50 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

considering they offer sheet Weber, it comes to no surprise they have thought or even talked about getting PK. given that PK hasn't signed yet, and that he's a very good Defensman, it is quite obvious many teams have inquired.

Whats even more believable, is that the habs would match any offer-sheet.

What the point might be of releasing such info? can range anywhere from having an agenda to just doing his job and getting RDS some hits. The later being more believable since we are talking about a media outlet

[ ] Clicked on RDS link

Last edited by uiCk: 09-12-2012 at 12:56 PM.
uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 12:51 PM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
IF Lavoie, Bob, Darren Dreger and others actual insiders, I will believe it. Not coming from the constant other than quebecers basher whom most articles are full of discrimination toward non french players/managers without any supporting facts other than a team built 30 years ago which is not even close to a realistic way of doing things nowadays. And yes I believe the Flyers talked to the Habs, Bertrand Raymond or not.
So you start your sentence by saying that you don't believe what Bertrand said is true, and end by saying what he said is probably true??

Quote:
And I never said I had sources about the flyers talking to the Rangers or the Caps, it is just logical.
Well you see, this is why he's a journalist and you're not. He has sources and you don't. So all you can do is speculate...

Quote:
Now the way Raymond portrays the talks, he concludes that with the way PK handle himself along with teammates (which I doubt Raymond is allowed to be in the closed locker room where PK is really himself) and the way MT used to coach, he manipulatively induce that the Habs are shopping PK.
I hope he's wrong about that. But Raymond and Therrien know each others pretty well. He must know what Therrien truly thinks about Subban. And like it or not, but Raymond has been covering the Habs for over 40 years. We may disagree with his opinions, but when he's in the facts side of things, he knows what he's talking about... much more than fanboys born in 1991 who started following the Habs on TV 8 years ago...

Old
09-12-2012, 12:51 PM
domdo345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Pretty much...and yet, it's already all over twitter, RDS will report it the whole day on their various newscasts (there's already a video up on their site), this will probably make its way throughout the hockey media all over North America and it will only further create this weird perception that Subban is being shopped with people not informed of the situation blaming it on contract talks gone awry, when many comparable youngsters are still also RFA.

We should really invent a ''Habs talked with Dallas for Jamie Benn!'' story to counter this.
This is exactly what I think.

Old
09-12-2012, 12:53 PM
domdo345

Quote:
So you start your sentence by saying that you don't believe what Bertrand said is true, and end by saying what he said is probably true??

Well you see, this is why he's a journalist and you're not. He has sources and you don't. So all you can do is speculate...

I hope he's wrong about that. But Raymond and Therrien know each others pretty well. He must know what Therrien truly thinks about Subban. And like it or not, but Raymond has been covering the Habs for over 40 years. We may disagree with his opinions, but when he's in the facts side of things, he knows what he's talking about... much more than fanboys born in 1991 who started following the Habs on TV 8 years ago...
In what way by attacking my credibility compensate for the fact that Raymond said a source told him the flyers and habs talked about Subban and he jumps to the conclusions that the habs are shopping Subban?

Old
09-12-2012, 01:07 PM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
In what way by attacking my credibility compensate for the fact that Raymond said a source told him the flyers and habs talked about Subban and he jumps to the conclusions that the habs are shopping Subban?
He's not "jumping to the conclusion" that Habs are shopping Subban. All he says is :

1- Holmgren and Bergevin has hold talks about Subban

2- Couturier was part of the conversation

3- Laviolette didn't want Couturier to be in the conversation.

I think all these informations are very interesting. This is what should be discussed in this thread.
---------------------------
4. And then he speculates that Therrien and Subban might not be a good mix together. From someone who knows Therrien pretty well, I think that's credible. But Raymond also argues that it would be a really bad idea to move Subban for many reasons. So it's not like he was cheering for Subban to be moved.

Old
09-12-2012, 01:08 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

i thought it was something real until i heard Raymond's name.

canadiensnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 01:10 PM
NewHabsEra*

Bertrand Raymond is an old senile guy, you have to take everthing he says with a grain of salt..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 01:14 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:

2- Couturier was part of the conversation

3- Laviolette didn't want Couturier to be in the conversation.
This is interesting in that it shows the Flyers aren't sufficently committed to actually pull off a Subban trade. Only two players I'd consider moving Subban for are Giroux and Couturier and that's Couturier+++.

Talks to Goalposts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 01:18 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
This is interesting in that it shows the Flyers aren't sufficently committed to actually pull off a Subban trade. Only two players I'd consider moving Subban for are Giroux and Couturier and that's Couturier+++.
Feels good to know that we have a 2nd rounder who's worth more then a top pick prospect.
feels good man.jpg

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Raymond has no real credibility, simply, guy got a very obvious agenda (and I mean, very), and the more he talks, the more he sinks to Rejaune Tremblay's level... should just retire, for the sake of Quebec hockey fans, at the very least.

And yes, if it was coming from McKenzie or Dreger, it would be way more credible. What, because he's from Quebec, people here must think he's really credible ? Come on...

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 01:27 PM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
Also, this makes me think that Raymond's source is probably on the Flyers side. Simon Nolet, for example...