HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Offseason Thread IV: Vorassic Park

Closed Thread

Old
09-12-2012, 12:29 AM
BillDineen

vCash: 500
Just and FYI:TSN's "Contingency Plan" news clip interviewed G after he was practicing with Spezza, Alfie and other Sens in Ottawa, and their "Different Tactics" clip has comments from Harts and Timonen.

Old
09-12-2012, 01:57 AM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Rozsival has signed a one year deal with the Blackhawks. Worth 2 million dollars.
The Blackhawks have a lot of defenders now, even if they're thinking Montador will be on the sidelines. Hjalmarsson on the move?

Six years is the way to go this summer. Tyler Seguin re-upped for a contract worth 5.75/year in average. Very good deal for the Bruins considering what guys like Skinner and Hall signed for.

In other news, Carolina re-signed Jeremy Welsh to a two-year contract. First year is two-way and the second is one-way. His cap hit will be 875k, which is a fair bit reduced from the one he had last season when he came in at 17,945,000, which is the highest cap hit any player's ever had I believe.

Last edited by mirimon: 09-12-2012 at 03:21 AM.
Old
09-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Flyerfan808

Was just on the trades board. Anaheim has moved Lubomir Visnovsky to the Islanders for a second round pick.

Old
09-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
Was just on the trades board. Anaheim has moved Lubomir Visnovsky to the Islanders for a second round pick.
That happened a long time ago.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
09-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Flyerfan808

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
That happened a long time ago.
First time I've heard of it.

Old
09-12-2012, 03:08 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
First time I've heard of it.
I believe that was the first trade at the draft, before Staal was dealt.

Old
09-12-2012, 04:42 PM
Jray42

vCash: 86
That would be correct.

It's just popping back up now, since they ruled in favor of the Islanders, and that Lubo is now officially on the Island. He previously appealed the trade, saying he still had a NTC with Anaheim, which he doesn't

Old
09-12-2012, 08:24 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
It seems Detroit has signed Carlo Coliaviaivocoaicivoco. If they're lucky he'll play 40 games

09-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Prongo
Beer

Looks like ESPN's 6 week drought in hockey coverage will be coming to an end tonight.

https://twitter.com/Buccigross/statu...59500094754818

Quote:
Doing Sportscenter tongiht with Stu Scott on ESPN at 11pm eastern. Barry Melrose will make an appearance. #canadianamericanbeauty

Old
09-12-2012, 10:18 PM
BernieParent
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
It seems Detroit has signed Carlo Coliaviaivocoaicivoco. If they're lucky he'll play 40 games
Word is that Colaiacovo blew out his shoulder signing the contract.

Old
09-12-2012, 10:56 PM
Prongo
Beer

Hmm seems like the LA Kings will have to put two of their top prospects through waivers to play in Manchester this year according to John Hoven on twitter.

https://twitter.com/mayorNHL/status/246093346714562560

Quote:
#LAKings have tricky decision on two top prospects in next 48 hours. Muzzin and Hickey must clear waivers to play in Manch this season.
I know about Hickey, but Muzzin might be worth taking a shot at. Wouldn't hurt to put in a claim.

Old
09-13-2012, 02:36 AM
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63

Quote:
Hmm seems like the LA Kings will have to put two of their top prospects through waivers to play in Manchester this year according to John Hoven on twitter.

I know about Hickey, but Muzzin might be worth taking a shot at. Wouldn't hurt to put in a claim.
In some way, claiming guys from waivers in these days would be hilarious for HFBoards. It'd quickly become the new "now we'll offersheet all of your guys!!!!111!1!ONE" thing

Old
09-13-2012, 04:34 AM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
The Red Wings' blue line looks pretty weak all of a sudden. I know they are really high on that Smith kid, but if he's not able to step into a full-time NHL gig just yet (he's only played 14 games after all) they are in trouble even if Colaiacovo will remain healthy. They do have an abundance of forwards though, maybe they're looking for a trade. When Chicago signed Roszival I said that they might be looking to trade a dman, but I don't know how willing these two teams are to trade with each other even if it fits both teams' need.

I don't know if it's reading more into it than it deserves, but I think it's somewhat promising that teams have begun signing some ufa's again after quite some time of inactivity. Even so, time is running short if they're to avoid a shortened season. If there is a lockout the KHL have now taken on some rules regarding NHL players. Each team can only sign three NHL players, and the Russian teams can only sign one non-russian player. That non-russian also has to meet at least one of the following criteria:

played at least 150 games in the NHL over the last three years

played in the KHL in the past

represented his country in one of the last two World Championships, World Junior Championships or Olympic Games,

been to the Stanly Cup final or won an individual NHL award

There's also a limit to how many foreigners a team can have on its roster, that number is raised from five to six should there be a lockout in the NHL, but only five can dress for a game. The salary paid to the NHL players will not affect the KHL salary cap, however the salary can't be more than 65% of the players' NHL salary. Contracts are to be written for the entire season but with an out-clause should the NHL get back into action.

Here in Sweden the SEL still says no to short-term contracts and out-clauses. The Allsvenskan (Tier II) has made a U-turn however and will now accept NHL players to join the teams (most likely due to some severe *****ing and whining from the relegated Djurgården who would love to welcome back some of their former players such as Patric Hörnqvist and Niklas Kronwall).

Also, the Caps have extended Troy Brouwer to a 3-year contract worth 3.667 million/year.

Last edited by mirimon: 09-13-2012 at 05:47 AM.
Old
09-13-2012, 05:32 AM
thelos
Bunk

I think CC will fit with Detroit. Good 2nd pairing guy

Old
09-13-2012, 11:38 AM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

vCash: 50
Quote:

I am not a big fan of Hickey at all, I do like Muzzin. Probably wouldnt be the Flyers making a claim on either guy as they would have to remain on the pro roster. With Lilja,Gervais,Gus,Bourdon clogging up the 6/7 hole I cant see the Flyers doing it.

Old
09-13-2012, 08:28 PM
Prongo
Beer

Very interesting now since there is rumblings of a year long lock out. Nashville situation will get tricky I believe. They will be bleeding cash with a lockout right? #Weberwatch

Old
09-13-2012, 08:39 PM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

Quote:
Very interesting now since there is rumblings of a year long lock out. Nashville situation will get tricky I believe. They will be bleeding cash with a lockout right? #Weberwatch
Did they have to pay him that absurd amount of money already?

Old
09-13-2012, 08:42 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevUpThoseGolfCarts View Post
Did they have to pay him that absurd amount of money already?
Yea once they signed the contract and put it in to the league I thought. What if they miss the whole year and have to pay him the 27 million without having a game of hockey played?

Old
09-13-2012, 08:43 PM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

Quote:
Yea once they signed the contract and put it in to the league I thought. What if they miss the whole year and have to pay him the 27 million without having a game of hockey played?
It'd be the only good thing about a full year lockout.

Old
09-13-2012, 09:02 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
This was a concern for them. They knew about the risk. Horrible for them if this happens.

It is, if the numbers still obtain, like losing 2 years of all ticket revenue.

Old
09-14-2012, 03:36 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevUpThoseGolfCarts View Post
It'd be the only good thing about a full year lockout.
Remind me, why do we want to see Nashville suffer again?

Old
09-14-2012, 03:47 AM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Remind me, why do we want to see Nashville suffer again?
It's stupid to think that way, but I caught myself thinking the same thing.
I still believe they made a wrong decision for their franchise, especially if you consider them being in trade talks with us before and them potentially getting a fair deal from us if they would've started talking trade after the OS was signed by Weber. I actually don't mind the Predators as a franchise but Poile's stubborness will ultimately do more bad than good to them imo.

It would also be kind of sweat to have Weber, a guy who seemed to really wanted to be a Flyer.

Old
09-14-2012, 04:20 AM
mirimon

Matt Ford and Danny Syvret are on waivers, no real risk of them being picked up I'm sure. I just glanced over the names from other teams and didn't see anyone that really stood out. Kevin Marshall was put on waivers by the Capitals as well.

Detroit re-signed Justin Abdelkader to a 4-year contract with a 1.7m cap hit. They now have 14 forwards on one-way contracts, and then guys like Nyquist, Brunner, Andersson, Tatar, Sheahan and maybe even Jurco fighting for a spot as well.

Old
09-14-2012, 06:38 AM
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63

Today is the most important day of this offseason. If the sites I read are correct, Shane Doan will anounce his decision!

Old
09-14-2012, 07:09 AM
El Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
It's stupid to think that way, but I caught myself thinking the same thing.
I still believe they made a wrong decision for their franchise, especially if you consider them being in trade talks with us before and them potentially getting a fair deal from us if they would've started talking trade after the OS was signed by Weber. I actually don't mind the Predators as a franchise but Poile's stubborness will ultimately do more bad than good to them imo.

It would also be kind of sweat to have Weber, a guy who seemed to really wanted to be a Flyer.
If anything, we should hope they do well. Without a NTC clause, Weber has no say where he is traded and could end up on the Penguins, Rangers, etc if things go south quickly.

Think about it, the Penguins did nothing this offseason but re-sign Crosby, sign a great back-up goalie and stock the prospect pool. In two years, at least one of those two Dmen they drafted in the first round could be used in a trade for Weber.

Just sayin...

Closed Thread