HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm: Yak - fla: Gudbranson

Closed Thread

Old
09-12-2012, 01:24 PM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave babych returns View Post
Wow I did not realize Smid was such an effective player. I guess you could swap out Smid for Nick Schultz then, but basically what I am saying is that this could be workable if the Oilers send Yakupov and an established defender to the Panthers for Gudbranson and Versteeg (an established winger).
As an Oiler fan I would have absolutely no interest in that deal. Or any deal around Yakupov for Gudbranson. I want to see what Yakupov can do here.

Old
09-12-2012, 02:56 PM
tony d
Follow your Nose

While Gudbranson would fill a big time need for Edmonton I doubt they would trade Yakupov so soon after selecting him.

09-12-2012, 03:03 PM
dave babych returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
As an Oiler fan I would have absolutely no interest in that deal. Or any deal around Yakupov for Gudbranson. I want to see what Yakupov can do here.
Fair enough.

I guess as an outside observer it seems like Edmonton is going to have a real wealth of skill forwards who don't intimidate physically, and may have a pretty decent set of mobile defensemen a few years down the line, but will need some very fortuitous developments to ice a defense that is anywhere near championship calibre while they've still got all these other kids under contract.

Maybe they can win like the Hurricanes did with a relatively unheralded blueline but I don't think that's the way to build.

But hey, they just drafted Yakupov, he's almost certainly going to be a great player in the league and I'd be excited to watch him and see what he's got as well.

Old
09-12-2012, 04:12 PM
hemmer_forever

Sorry, but the oilers are the team adding... what?!

Can't believe how undervalued hemsky is, guy has one bad season and all of a sudden he's viewed as garbage. What exactly have gudbranson and whoever the heck the other guy is done to garner getting a proven first line forward + a potential franchise forward + a decent prospect??? Wasn't aware that 8 pts in the nhl + a ppg player in the WCHA garnered such a ransom. If that's the case than hypothetically Joe Colborne + Karl Alzner (when the same age as Gudbranson and ??? are now) should fetch Martin Havlat (at 28) and one of kane, stamkos, tavares, hall, hopkins (having not yet played in the nhl) + a decent prospect. But I guess you'd rather have Colborne and Alzner hey florida fans.

Old
09-12-2012, 04:15 PM
Vikingstad
**** the King

I dont think Gudbranson validates giving up the recent 1st overall pick. Maybe if he had a great season, but his season was a poor one, although he did improve nearing the end.

Old
09-12-2012, 04:19 PM
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅||̲̅̅●̲̅̅|

vCash: 300
If the Oilers were to trade Yakupov, I'd rather go hard after guys like Subban, Myers, and OEL not Gudbranson.

Old
09-12-2012, 04:21 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonight We Are Young View Post
If the Oilers were to trade Yakupov, I'd rather go hard after guys like Subban, Myers, and OEL not Gudbranson.
Edler?

Old
09-12-2012, 04:32 PM
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅||̲̅̅●̲̅̅|

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Edler?
Last thing the Oilers need is help the Canucks offense even more, Kesler and Yakupov would make a dirty line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
...said no cup winning team since the 1980's.
This's coming from a Panthers fan ?

Old
09-12-2012, 04:52 PM
Puritania
5-14-6-1

vCash: 105
So Yakupov isn't worth as much as Gudbranson, Markstrom or Kulikov?

Can we unload him on you guys for Jean-Francois Jacques? Please? I don't know why we drafted him 1st overall in the first place.

Old
09-12-2012, 04:59 PM
caley

Is this thread going in circles?

It seems like it's going in circles.

The same posts, the same proposals, the same.

Is this thread going in circles?

It seems like it's going in circles.

Closed Thread