HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chicago-Montreal-Philadelphia (3 way)

Old
09-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Mrb1p

vCash: 500
We can't trade Subban. If we trade him we better be getting a physical D back. Not a PMD. We already have Markov, Kaberle, Weber, Diaz, Beaulieu, St-Denis that fits that bill.

If we trade Plekanec it won't be for a center, unless it's in a package for an upgrade.
It would be for defense or wings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
I know this trade needs to be tweaked a bit. But I really, really hope all of these Montreal fans enjoy yet another bottom 10 finish and having Plekanec get another year older and less valuable. Boston and Ottawa are both either as good or better than last year. The Habs are going to have to go through...

Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Rangers
Bruins
Senators
Washington
Tampa
Florida
Carolina

...to get to the playoffs next year. They've done absolutely nothing to get better and refuse to trade away pieces that are irrelevant to their success. IMHO trade Pleks for futures and get SOMETHING for him.

We didnt have Markov last year. We had 2 rookie Dman. (One in our top 4.) Our young forwards getting older, maybe they'll take the next step? Maybe a competent coach will turn things around ?
I don't see how the Sen's, Panthers, Bolt, Hurricanes are much better than us. Our top 6 can rivalize with all of them (Not being better though.) we have the best goalie out of that bunch and we have a good defense.

Mrb1p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Davebo
beep beep

Pass on this deal - at every step.

Flyers should have tried for this when we had an incompetent GM. Too late now...

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 02:52 PM
That

So Montreal gives up the two best pieces?

Subban is easily better than Leddy, and will continue to be, and Plekanec is a better player than Couturier. Couturier does have more trade value and will probably be better in the future though.

Chicago makes out like bandits in this trade. Leddy is a good young player, but he isn't worth Plekanec. Montreal's defense would get destroyed without Subban.

Do like the basis of a Couturier/Subban trade though.

That is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 03:25 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
...and refuse to trade away pieces that are irrelevant to their success. IMHO trade Pleks for futures and get SOMETHING for him.
? Subban is the team's #1 defenseman and Plekanec is the team's #1 center. They're highly relevant to the team's success, so yeah, trading them would be a big deal. Plekanec is signed for 4 more years, so there's not exactly any rush to get SOMETHING for him now.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
All things considered(including the fact that Subban's cap hit will be ~$4M higher than Couturier's), I wouldn't trade Couts for Subban.
I agree.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 03:51 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Pleks sure is underrated around here.

VinnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 04:07 PM
tsujimoto74

Value's sort of close but not quite. Chicago and Philly both need to add, IMO. Philly just a little, Chicago a little more.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 04:28 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Now, I actually think this may happen, maybe not all together but within a few days.

Plekanec

Leddy
Couturier

Subban

Who adds and what to make this happen as two separate trades (CHI-MON; MON-PHI) or as a 3-way?
First off this ain't a 3 way deal. It's two trades that involve Montreal. Pleks for Leddy; Subban for Courtrier. Where's the 3-way deal.

And secondly the same kinda logic that was used to describe it was used to think it up. Faulty logic.

Why would montreal make these two deals? We no longer have Gainey or Gauthier in our management team. Why do you think these ridiculous trades would even be considered?

onice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 05:38 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesHabsFan View Post

Montreal takes Couturier and Teravainen for Subban and Plekanec. We take a downfall for a year or two, but then, that was to be expected anyway, because our real future starts in two years when Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Holland, Beaulieu, Tinordi and others come to maturity and are NHL ready.

Worst case we'd put Bourque or Gomez on 2nd line as left winger for the next two seasons, eat our shorts cause we can't make the playoffs, but get a sweet draft in 2013, supposed to be the best year since 2003...
That's still a bad trade. Subban creates a huge hole to fill. Giving Pleks duties to Couturier will be way too much. Bergevin stated earlier this off-season that the Habs aren't in a rebuilding mode.

JayKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 05:42 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Fair deal for the Habs. Hmmmm if Subban asks for a trade, I'd do it. He wants to stay (which is what we've been hearing), I'd re-sign him and keep him around for a long time.

A couple of picks would have to fly around to make it all fair but it's a good basis.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 06:53 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdubois585 View Post
That's still a bad trade. Subban creates a huge hole to fill. Giving Pleks duties to Couturier will be way too much. Bergevin stated earlier this off-season that the Habs aren't in a rebuilding mode.
It depends on whether Subban wants more than what the Habs are offering. If that is the indication, I'd make that trade. Have Chicago add Morin and you have a pretty balanced proposal.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 06:59 PM
Drydenwasthebest

One of the worst deals offered in a Long while. Plekanec is worth more than Leddy. I have already had Chicago fans agree with me on deals like Plekanec + 3rd for Saad, Jimmy Hayes and a 1st. Also, Subban is worth more than Couturier no matter what Philly fans think. Actually, Philly fans are the worst at knowing what their GM will do, since he has traded every "untouchable" Philly player fom the last few years. No Philly fan predicted the trades Homer has done, so they will claim Couturier is as "untouchable" as possible right up to the point Couturier gets traded.

The OP flat out stinks for Montreal. To even get the Habs listening it would need Saad from Chicago and a 2nd from Philly. That would be a starting point for discussion.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 07:29 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
We can add Morin if we get Hovinen and a swap of Emery for MFL to help Philly out this year in net and in the room.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 07:38 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
One of the worst deals offered in a Long while. Plekanec is worth more than Leddy. I have already had Chicago fans agree with me on deals like Plekanec + 3rd for Saad, Jimmy Hayes and a 1st. Also, Subban is worth more than Couturier no matter what Philly fans think. Actually, Philly fans are the worst at knowing what their GM will do, since he has traded every "untouchable" Philly player fom the last few years. No Philly fan predicted the trades Homer has done, so they will claim Couturier is as "untouchable" as possible right up to the point Couturier gets traded.

The OP flat out stinks for Montreal. To even get the Habs listening it would need Saad from Chicago and a 2nd from Philly. That would be a starting point for discussion.
No one that saw Saad play last year would trade him at this point. Simple. The only way he would be moved is in a deal for a young, impactful player (Like an Evander Kane or Bobby Ryan).

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 07:48 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Chi adds 2014 2nd to the Habs and a lower not needed prospect with some size
We get a prospect with size !? Take anything you want.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 08:20 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyguy View Post
i don't think the flyers are willing to give up a young essential piece like couts unless for a top 10 dman in the league if that, subban is not a top 10 d man in the league. Personally i'd rather have leddy than subban just based on attitude issues and leddy being 2 years younger
Good than trade Couturier for Leddy because Couturier sure as hell ain't gonna get you P.K.
As for the OP'S offer .Hell no. Just terrible for the Habs

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Hugo Sham

**** does montreal get hosed in this deal. and as mentioned by NON hab fans, pleks sure is underrated on these boards. a big NO from montreal

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 08:29 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
There isn't a single team in the NHL that would take Plek over Couturier, so you're wrong there.
A team looking at winning now would definitely take Plekanec over Couturier. He never suggested that it would be the case in the long run.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Mystifo
Lol Doodle.

If I am the Canadians and are looking at this I would be asking for McNeil to be included. Big body center something you can never have too many of. I mean they instantly go from

- Plecks
- Eller
- Gally

Too...

-Gally
- Eller
- McNeil
- Cooter

if all deals go through. Looks pretty nice.

Mystifo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 09:19 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
A team looking at winning now would definitely take Plekanec over Couturier. He never suggested that it would be the case in the long run.
I'd rather have Couturier.

Old
09-13-2012, 08:12 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I'd rather have Couturier.
That makes one of you. I'm not so sure that an NHL GM who wants to win today would agree though.

Old
09-13-2012, 08:20 AM
Thundermare

Quote:
That makes one of you. I'm not so sure that an NHL GM who wants to win today would agree though.
The one that only want to win today... maybe... but the one that just got in place and want to win today... but also next year and the next few years... would probably take Couturier over Pleks

Last edited by Thundermare: 09-13-2012 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Just saw that this part of the topic was already assessed... my bad :(
Thundermare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 08:30 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundermare View Post
The one that only want to win today... maybe... but the one that just got in place and want to win today... but also next year and the next few years... would probably take Couturier over Pleks
Isn't that what I've been saying?

Old
09-13-2012, 08:50 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
Montreal, as noted, gets hosed.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 09:09 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Isn't that what I've been saying?
Maybe. One thing I know for sure is that too many Habs fans have Cup dreams, thinking too much about 93 and the Kings last year. You have a very similar chance of making the playoffs with Couts as you do Pleks.