HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ben Scrivens Signs Two Year Contract with Toronto

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-12-2012, 07:22 PM
  #51
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North
 
blasted_Sabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Muskoka
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,716
vCash: 500
Awesome deal. Im happy with Reims and Scrivens going into the season.

blasted_Sabre is offline  
Old
09-12-2012, 10:02 PM
  #52
cupcrazyman
In Shanny We Trust
 
cupcrazyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,336
vCash: 500
if he is signed to a one way contract(NHL) and there's a strike,he can't play in the AHL.

cupcrazyman is offline  
Old
09-12-2012, 10:03 PM
  #53
wreckingcru
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 883
vCash: 500
Who do you boys think he'll sign up as back-up, or acquire? Theodore, Johnson, Luongo?

wreckingcru is offline  
Old
09-12-2012, 10:04 PM
  #54
wreckingcru
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Awesome deal. Im happy with Reims and Scrivens going into the season.
Really? Do you remember last season?

wreckingcru is offline  
Old
09-12-2012, 10:26 PM
  #55
Suntouchable13
Registered User
 
Suntouchable13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,730
vCash: 500
We really don't know who he is at the NHL level yet. He had some good games, and he also had some bad games. Obviously the contract he just signed reflects that. If he turns out to be nothing, then the Leafs lose nothing. I am not really enamoured with him, but whatever. Looks like just another average goalie.

Suntouchable13 is offline  
Old
09-12-2012, 11:16 PM
  #56
DeathToAllButMetal
Let it all burn.
 
DeathToAllButMetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Awesome deal. Im happy with Reims and Scrivens going into the season.
Good God, why? Let me guess, you spend at least $50 a week on lottery tickets.

DeathToAllButMetal is offline  
Old
09-12-2012, 11:19 PM
  #57
TheKingSlayer
He was in the way!
 
TheKingSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcrazyman View Post
if he is signed to a one way contract(NHL) and there's a strike,he can't play in the AHL.
Why do you say that? We really have no idea who is eligible to play in the AHL yet as the have not set out those parameters for this lockout yet.

TheKingSlayer is offline  
Old
09-13-2012, 12:58 AM
  #58
Pyrophorus
Registered User
 
Pyrophorus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Eastern GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,046
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckingcru View Post
Really? Do you remember last season?
When we were in a playoff position for 60 games, and then got rid
of the most problematic issue.

Yes.

Pyrophorus is offline  
Old
09-13-2012, 09:54 AM
  #59
TheOneArmedMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 898
vCash: 500
Lol.... he doesn't know what he is getting into but I wish him the best of luck.

TheOneArmedMan is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 12:27 PM
  #60
ForSpareParts*
agreement
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,904
vCash: 500
I suppose we could re-visite this thread

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/ahl/2...three_seconds/

well we've all seen our share of struggling goalies, but we have a new highlight reel to go on: Scrivens 2 goals in 3 seconds.



it happened so fast. it exposed Scrivens and the poor production value of the Marlies tv coverage (at least we get coverage).

anyway, he was hung out to dry on the first goal and played pretty good for the most part.

i hope he can bounce back from that tough 3 sec. later goal. it's a long season. i hope he can keep up his production from last season.

ForSpareParts* is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 12:36 PM
  #61
Aplayaz2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,417
vCash: 500
good stuff

Aplayaz2000 is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 12:37 PM
  #62
NaiveLeafsFan
Registered User
 
NaiveLeafsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ajax, UofT
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,827
vCash: 500
Definitely think the Marlies are struggling from a long playoff hangover. Although I think they will turn it on mid November

NaiveLeafsFan is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 12:45 PM
  #63
Everlong
-
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaiveLeafsFan View Post
Definitely think the Marlies are struggling from a long playoff hangover. Although I think they will turn it on mid November
I think it has to do more with a slightly more defensive system Dallas is implementing. There will most definitely be an adjustment period. Let's hope it doesn't last too long.

It's only been a few games. I don't think it changes Burke's concerns about goaltending. He still and has always wanted a veteran presence. Scrivens should bounce back aswell.

Everlong is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 12:55 PM
  #64
NeverGoingToWin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,648
vCash: 500
So... so there no actual video of the 2nd goal? I was looking forward to seeing how we managed to give up a goal that fast.

NeverGoingToWin is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 12:57 PM
  #65
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysLeafsTFCfan View Post
So... so there no actual video of the 2nd goal? I was looking forward to seeing how we managed to give up a goal that fast.
Believe it was a shot that got some air on it and I believe one of the Marlies coaches mentioned he thinks Scrivens just lost sight of it.

__________________
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/JE_Iannicello
John-Eric Iannicello is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 05:09 PM
  #66
Pyrophorus
Registered User
 
Pyrophorus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Eastern GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,046
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
I think it has to do more with a slightly more defensive system Dallas is implementing. There will most definitely be an adjustment period. Let's hope it doesn't last too long.

It's only been a few games. I don't think it changes Burke's concerns about goaltending. He still and has always wanted a veteran presence. Scrivens should bounce back aswell.
I agree, but I believe having no ECHL, nor consistency of a lineup
is also hurting. I too believe thay will turn it around, but it maybe
longer due to these issues.

Pyrophorus is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 05:48 PM
  #67
Whydidijoin*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/ahl/2...three_seconds/

well we've all seen our share of struggling goalies, but we have a new highlight reel to go on: Scrivens 2 goals in 3 seconds.

it happened so fast. it exposed Scrivens and the poor production value of the Marlies tv coverage (at least we get coverage).

anyway, he was hung out to dry on the first goal and played pretty good for the most part.

i hope he can bounce back from that tough 3 sec. later goal. it's a long season. i hope he can keep up his production from last season.
Bump a thread and post a video that doesn't even show the 2nd goal and talk about how bad it was, even though Scrivens had a really good game and I'm pretty sure was even one of the stars of the game.


Whydidijoin* is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 11:49 PM
  #68
ForSpareParts*
agreement
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydidijoin View Post
Bump a thread and post a video that doesn't even show the 2nd goal and talk about how bad it was, even though Scrivens had a really good game and I'm pretty sure was even one of the stars of the game.

same old thing here at HF. lessons on how to be a supportive parent. yes i already said he played well. yes i already said that they didn't show the goal.

the L is what i'm talking about. the below grade goaltending is what i'm talking about. you can't let in bad goals. you certainly can't in the NHL.

that is my point. it's a tough goal, but there's a tradition we don't want to keep following. we need better than this.

ForSpareParts* is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 11:57 PM
  #69
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
JMcLeaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ♫d(-_-)b♫
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 17,473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
same old thing here at HF. lessons on how to be a supportive parent. yes i already said he played well. yes i already said that they didn't show the goal.

the L is what i'm talking about. the below grade goaltending is what i'm talking about. you can't let in bad goals. you certainly can't in the NHL.

that is my point. it's a tough goal, but there's a tradition we don't want to keep following. we need better than this.
Alright what do you suggest we do?

JMcLeaf is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 03:03 AM
  #70
Whydidijoin*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
same old thing here at HF. lessons on how to be a supportive parent. yes i already said he played well. yes i already said that they didn't show the goal.

the L is what i'm talking about. the below grade goaltending is what i'm talking about. you can't let in bad goals. you certainly can't in the NHL.

that is my point. it's a tough goal, but there's a tradition we don't want to keep following. we need better than this.
We are a mere 8 games into the season, and it was a fluke goal in a game where Scrivens actually played pretty well. Tons of amazing goalies in the NHL have let in bad or fluke goals like that. One bad goal doesn't make a career. And we couldn't even see how bad it actually was.

Unnecessary overreaction is unnecessary.

Whydidijoin* is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 03:08 AM
  #71
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,687
vCash: 500
thought the lockout prevented teams from signing players?

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 03:24 AM
  #72
Whydidijoin*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
thought the lockout prevented teams from signing players?
It does. This was a thread from months ago bumped unnecessarily to bash our player.

Whydidijoin* is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 08:02 AM
  #73
ForSpareParts*
agreement
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
Alright what do you suggest we do?
We give up Kadri for Luongo.

ForSpareParts* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.