HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 6)

Closed Thread

Old
09-12-2012, 08:46 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

vCash: 500
***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 6)

Part 5

Old
09-12-2012, 09:36 PM
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Haven't scored a goal in 3 games awesome easports!
http://twitter.com/MattHackett31/sta...73612128378880

Gotta like the replies to this tweet.

Old
09-12-2012, 09:38 PM
NYR89

Is there a list out there that lays out all of the roster moves one should make if they can't get the downloadable roster?

Old
09-12-2012, 09:53 PM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

So I tried out the "Devil of a Task" challenge in NHL Moments on Superstar level. I ended up losing the game 4-3 (with about 20 post hits...literally) and to add insult to injury EA makes you watch the entire cinematic of the handshakes and LA getting the Cup. You can't skip past it and start a rematch.

So I just rage quit.

edit: LOL so I try the Gretzky challenge next on Superstar. Score a goal within the first 15 seconds. Then my team takes two consecutive penalties in a row which then takes Gretzky off the ice on the PK without the ability to go out there. So I literally can't play to complete the challenge. **** you, EA.

Just tried the challenge again and it kept bringing Gretzky to the bench after every stoppage even though I was still in the green. Such ********.

I was actually excited for this feature but instead it's just more cheap BS from EA. You can't make decent AI so you just screw the player over in other ways to make it more difficult. What a joke.

Last edited by MadhouseOnMadison: 09-12-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old
09-12-2012, 09:55 PM
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC

Quote:
Hahahahahah just scored a goal and was disallowed hahahahahah thanks EA
http://twitter.com/MattHackett31/sta...78737349763072

Old
09-12-2012, 09:55 PM
MarkusNaslund19

Question about Online Pass. I kind of live at my girlfriend's place a lot of the time, and it my own place some of the time. If I register my online pass at her house, then bring my playstation home with me and use my same PSN will it work at each place?

I guess my basic question is, is the online pass able to be used on only one internet connection? Or on only one PS3 system?

Old
09-12-2012, 09:58 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkusNaslund19 View Post
Question about Online Pass. I kind of live at my girlfriend's place a lot of the time, and it my own place some of the time. If I register my online pass at her house, then bring my playstation home with me and use my same PSN will it work at each place?

I guess my basic question is, is the online pass able to be used on only one internet connection? Or on only one PS3 system?
It should work for the account you apply it to, not the actual internet connection. I mean, it only makes sense; What if one day you change your internet? Or your PS3 breaks down and you get a new one?

Old
09-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Kbs

Quote:

It's tied to the account. I brought my PS3 with me while I was away from school, and the online worked when I brought it back home at the end of the school year.

Old
09-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Chris Butler
Feels bad man

vCash: 50
Quote:

99% sure it sticks with your account

Old
09-12-2012, 10:01 PM
David71

is it worth buying it....? dishing out 60bucks.

Old
09-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Kbs

I just had the most intense game on NHL 13 yet. It was the finals for some tournament in HUT, and I could not score on this guy to save my life. Meanwhile, this guy scores 3 goals using wristers because he's got guys like Nicklas Backstrom on his team. During the third period, I came back scoring dirty goals in the crease. Then, I scored a wrister in OT.

My God though, the goalie was playing out of his mind on the other team. I was getting absolutely shut down for 2/3 of the game. The saves weren't really stupid "spiderman" saves either, but he was just unbelievably solid where no shots would lead to rebounds and if they did, he was all over them.

Old
09-12-2012, 10:10 PM
MarkusNaslund19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
It should work for the account you apply it to, not the actual internet connection. I mean, it only makes sense; What if one day you change your internet? Or your PS3 breaks down and you get a new one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbs View Post
It's tied to the account. I brought my PS3 with me while I was away from school, and the online worked when I brought it back home at the end of the school year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baerstcheese View Post
99% sure it sticks with your account

Thanks guys, really appreciate the prompt answers.

Old
09-12-2012, 10:13 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
What he should be saying is "You only gave me a 2 1/2 star potential rating, thanks EA".

Old
09-12-2012, 10:18 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
Made the playoffs??

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
For any of those who are curious, don't even bother simming to the future seasons in hopes of getting UFA's. There's never anyone good available.

If you play with the CAP on, player contracts are impossible to manage and guys ask for ridiculous money, and if you play with the CAP off, players just re-sign with their teams.

Trading is down right impossible. You could throw everything at a team but they said no because it's "not part of their interests" or the players I'm trying to get "aren't on the trade block". Since when did players in the NHL ONLY get traded when they're "on the block". I can't get Jeff Carter for 3 first rounder, Brian Little and Brandon Gormley, but when Jeff Skinner goes on the block I can get him for a 2nd rounder and a mid-level prospect.

I honestly normally don't like complaining about games, but man did EA ever **** up Be a GM Mode hard this year. And as someone who plays that mode predominantly (like 95% of the time), it's a serious blow to me.

Can't say I'm particularly happy at this point.

Old
09-12-2012, 10:21 PM
KA BLAMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by David71 View Post
is it worth buying it....? dishing out 60bucks.
I enjoy playing it, but at the same time it feels like I'm playing a game that's only half-finished. Not worth the $60, IMO.

Old
09-12-2012, 10:24 PM
umad

I can pretty much say safely that the trade system is still down right bad. I just got offered Ryan Murray for Mason Raymond and a 1st

Old
09-12-2012, 10:27 PM
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC

I know it's early but I'm wondering when EA will release their first patch.

Does anybody remember when it was last year?

Old
09-12-2012, 10:31 PM
RussianRocket10

I saw Jose ThreeOrMore traded for a 1st rounder in my gm mode.

Old
09-12-2012, 10:36 PM
jfb392

What's the point of contracts if players never retire?
They give you a billion contract cards so it's not like it's going to stop you from playing someone when their contract is up.
It's just an annoyance to have to apply the damn cards.

Old
09-12-2012, 10:37 PM
Dwayne Roloson

Send a message via AIM to Dwayne Roloson
Couple trades from my BeaGM mode by the computer

Sabres trade a 1st for Nabokov and a 3rd
Minnesota trades Granlund and someone else to Tampa for Ohlund

Old
09-12-2012, 10:37 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

EA is a funny company. They come up with awesome ideas with absolutely terrible outcomes.

Example: Who makes a online dynstying knowing that all players won't have (or don't want) 30 friends to play with, so "lets have the CPU only trade with the actually players. Screw with trading with themselves, only with the users."

I mean it's only a online Be-A-GM, right???? Who cares about the other teams in the league, yeah who cares about trading?!

Old
09-12-2012, 10:38 PM
NICKD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
I know it's early but I'm wondering when EA will release their first patch.

Does anybody remember when it was last year?
They Did release a 1.01 Patch, New Tuner and Roster update day of release.

Rosters are still out dated September 4, 2012 still missing prospects and players not being on their right teams. Contract issues as well.

Hopefully they fix this. I'm guessing due to the lockout if it does happen they will update game following that result.

Old
09-12-2012, 10:42 PM
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne Roloson View Post
Couple trades from my BeaGM mode by the computer

Sabres trade a 1st for Nabokov and a 3rd
Minnesota trades Granlund and someone else to Tampa for Ohlund
...wow.

That's just unreal.

Old
09-12-2012, 10:43 PM
hockeyarena
.net

vCash: 1503
Gm connected app still down over 24 hours later.

Also turns out if you make a trade using the app (if it ever comes back to life) the commish doesn't get a chance to review it. Evander Kane got traded for nazem Kadri (lol cpu) and I couldn't even veto it.

Oh and manual line change dialog box gets stuck open in hut if u press x before its minimized itself. This is sad because this same problem existed the entire year in nhl12

Sad that it takes so long to fix these things when they would have caught it with any basic testing.

Old
09-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Carlzner
Game of Tanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanHuberdoh View Post
For any of those who are curious, don't even bother simming to the future seasons in hopes of getting UFA's. There's never anyone good available.

If you play with the CAP on, player contracts are impossible to manage and guys ask for ridiculous money, and if you play with the CAP off, players just re-sign with their teams.

Trading is down right impossible. You could throw everything at a team but they said no because it's "not part of their interests" or the players I'm trying to get "aren't on the trade block". Since when did players in the NHL ONLY get traded when they're "on the block". I can't get Jeff Carter for 3 first rounder, Brian Little and Brandon Gormley, but when Jeff Skinner goes on the block I can get him for a 2nd rounder and a mid-level prospect.

I honestly normally don't like complaining about games, but man did EA ever **** up Be a GM Mode hard this year. And as someone who plays that mode predominantly (like 95% of the time), it's a serious blow to me.

Can't say I'm particularly happy at this point.
Well, looks like I won't be getting it.

Closed Thread