HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers re-sign Steve Eminger-1 year/$750,000

Old
09-11-2012, 02:40 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

vCash: 500
Whatever.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 06:12 AM
darko

Good signing. Bottom pairing, gives us more depth.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 09:03 AM
bleedblue94

so we will basically have the same exact defense this year, after everyone acknowledged that the team desperately needed to add another guy who could eat up some minutes...

i know that kind of guy can be traded for at the deadline, but i just dont know if another season of hard minutes on our main guys before the playoffs will hurt them

bleedblue94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 09:57 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue94 View Post
so we will basically have the same exact defense this year, after everyone acknowledged that the team desperately needed to add another guy who could eat up some minutes...

i know that kind of guy can be traded for at the deadline, but i just dont know if another season of hard minutes on our main guys before the playoffs will hurt them
If Sauer can come back, we'll be perfect. I think the Bickel/Eminger duo will just eat up time until he's healthy. If he doesn't come back or if he's worse, can just trade for someone at the deadline. No need to overpay for marginally better players like Colaiacovo on the UFA market.

Ih8theislanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue94 View Post

a big part of the burden was placed on Girardi and McDonagh early with the loss of Staal AND Sauer. This year we will have 1, and possibly both. Staal is definitely going to be there, and who knows, Sauer may, or may not be back. And honestly, what I saw in Stu Bickel makes me think that he could be a competent #7 defenseman. to me it's Emingers spot to lose as #6...i think Eminger gets far too much flack around here, i think he's a good solid #6...how many teams have allstars at every d position...right now the Rangers have 2 all stars, McDonagh who isn't one is probably the best of the bunch, and MDZ was a rookie all-star if memory serves me right, and had a tremendous season last year (excluding the playoff series agianst the Devils where his grandmother had just passed away)...

Stralman, for the most part, was outstanding last year.

i dont have a problem with the D...as I said heading into the offseason, acquring another defenseman was low on my priority list...our team didnt lose because of D...it lost because it couldnt score goals to save its lives. adding Kreider for a full year, and adding Rick Nash will almost assuredly boost our offensive output.

More offense=less strain on the D and goaltending.

you go up 3-0 on a team, youre unlikely to be playing MCD, Staal, MDZ and Girardi over 27 mins a piece.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 01:20 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Good move, Eminger is a solid 6/7

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 01:27 PM
Cresto
In the pantry

Depth Depth Depth! Depth, that's what the abbreviation of "D" for defense stands for nowadays.

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 08:41 PM
bleedblue94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
If Sauer can come back, we'll be perfect. I think the Bickel/Eminger duo will just eat up time until he's healthy. If he doesn't come back or if he's worse, can just trade for someone at the deadline. No need to overpay for marginally better players like Colaiacovo on the UFA market.
you dont say "if sauer comes back," you have to move forward as if he is not coming back. the team can not operate that way. i see people comparing his concussion time frame to guys like perron, but every one is different. it is silly to rely on sauer in anyway till he shows he is healthy and wants to resume his career

bleedblue94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 07:15 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

I like the move, the guy can skate, blocks shots and perhaps most importantly wants to be in NY

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote