HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bruins-Islanders

Old
09-12-2012, 10:36 PM
DohBruins

vCash: 500
Bruins-Islanders

Krejci

for

Moulson

At first thought, I figured over payment from Boston, but Moulson had scored 30 goals 4 years in a row.

Fair proposal?

DohBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 10:38 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 1675
I would've thought the Islanders add, but maybe not. Is he a product of Tavares or not, that's the big question.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 10:48 PM
boredmale

As and Islanders fan i think we would need to add more

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 10:50 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I would've thought the Islanders add, but maybe not. Is he a product of Tavares or not, that's the big question.
I don't think he is. He has a natural talent for being in the right place at the right time, and having a nose for the net. Tavares helps but he's a good goal scorer regardless.

Islanders can't afford to do this, Moulson is their best goal scorer.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 10:50 PM
Yzlamic Preacher
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan02190 View Post
Krejci

for

Moulson

At first thought, I figured over payment from Boston, but Moulson had scored 30 goals 4 years in a row.

Fair proposal?
Do you have a thing against Krecji?

I personally think Moulson is just a product of Tavares. Gamble on your part.

Yzlamic Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 10:53 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

I kinda keel like Moulson is good for ~20 goals w/o Tavares. He definitely is a talented goal scorer, but he wouldn't be scoring 30+ goals without an elite player feeding him the puck. He's not completely a product of Tavares, but he's not gonna go out and score 30 on his own, either.

Don't think he'd thrive on Boston very well. They don't really have a pass-first center (and definitely not someone of Tavares' caliber).

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 10:54 PM
C77

Krejci is younger, plays the more important position, and has generally had lots of success in important games.

Moulson is a good player and it isn't easy to find 30 goal scorers but I do think that a lot of players could score 30 with Tavares.

So Moulson + a good prospect might do it. Moulson plays very well around the net which is something the Bruins lacked without Recchi. Then again, from all reports, Chiarelli values Krejci very highly and Boston would probably want to get the better player in the deal if they were parting with Krejci, even if the B's had to give up another asset.

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 11:06 PM
roflstomper
I don't row.

In no way shape or form does this make the Bruins a better team. As for the Islanders I would think they do it so they can solidify the top two center positions rolling with Tavares and Krejci which would be a very good 1-2 down the middle. Not taking anything away from Moulson but I'd rather have a legit 1b/2a centerman who can play both ends of the rink and kill penalties. What it comes down to in my opinion is that Krejci is just a better all around player.

roflstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 11:13 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roflstomper View Post
In no way shape or form does this make the Bruins a better team. As for the Islanders I would think they do it so they can solidify the top two center positions rolling with Tavares and Krejci which would be a very good 1-2 down the middle. Not taking anything away from Moulson but I'd rather have a legit 1b/2a centerman who can play both ends of the rink and kill penalties. What it comes down to in my opinion is that Krejci is just a better all around player.
I love Krejci but trading Moulson leaves a huge hole in the roster. Without him we don't have a sniper. Tavares is the next best thing but he's become more of a playmaker.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 11:37 PM
original islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
I love Krejci but trading Moulson leaves a huge hole in the roster. Without him we don't have a sniper. Tavares is the next best thing but he's become more of a playmaker.
Agree Krejci is the better player but Moulson is the better fit, plus he's a friend of JT and won't be traded. But Krejci is by far the better player.

original islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 11:45 PM
Kershaw

Krejci >>>> Moulson.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 12:07 AM
rikker
fan since '75.

how would you describe Krejci's playoff performance? i can see statistics, but from someone who is a fan, what of his intangibles?

would definitely value Krejci more, but given that the Isles are 'seemingly' targeting a coinciding of competitiveness with the year 2015 (end of lease at NVMC), and have some good young centermen, they would be ok with keeping Moulson.

good offer though. they do lack a good 2nd C. Nielson is a great hockey player, but is much better suited to a 3rd line C position.

rikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 12:39 AM
mitchy22

Islanders aren't dealing from a strength here (even if they're shoring up a weakness.) Taking into account Moulson being JT's best friend on the team and Matt also being reasonably signed for two more years, I don't see the Islanders as the aggressor of this deal. (That whole robbing Peter to pay Paul problem.)

Generally speaking, the Islanders need to add roster players without heavy subtraction.

If the Islanders are interested in player swaps, the move would need to greatly improve size, strength and/or goalscoring in their top-6. I'd love to pencil in Krejci, but I think the Islanders would rather move prospects and I don't see the fit unless the Bruins wanted to shed salary. Then it would be something more like Nielsen+ something very good for Krejci, and that only happens if the Bruins have other plans for the cap. Since all we can do is speculate about what the **** is going to happen with the cap or the potential NHL season, it's not worth getting into the subject any further.

Also, FWIW, I don't see Moulson's goalscoring dropping as long as he's given top minutes on another team. Moulson is pretty much average at everything except for his above average hockey IQ and his hands and reaction time in front of the net which are literally among the top players in the game. (He also has a pretty good dry wit which can be fun in the occasional interview.) Moulson's ability to react to the play and the goalie in a short amount of time and finish a play is what makes him a goalscorer. He's got some good hand-eye, but let's not pretend like he has a wicked release, an overpowering shot of any kind, or a quick couple of steps to get open. Moulson isn't bearing down on guys with his strength or dragging players to the net. He isn't using speed to generate chances.

Moulson scores because he can score goals from in close with little time to react (including one-timers from in close.) He's not simply pounding home the puck into empty nets, though he does get some of those opportunities and buries them. He does know how to get open though. He goes to the dirty area. He's willing to take a pounding. He's proven he can stay healthy while doing the job. He's proven to be efficient at doing the job of goalscoring at a high level.

I'd suggest that JT's progression as a player has obviously helped Moulson by giving him a true #1 center to play with, but Matt Moulson scoring 30 goals in his first season with the Islanders also had a hell of a lot to do with just Matt Moulson. Put Matt Moulson next to a lesser #1 center and he's still going to be near 30 goals - you'll simply see his assist totals drop. His finish isn't going anywhere.

Mitch

Last edited by mitchy22: 09-13-2012 at 12:51 AM. Reason: clarified a bit
mitchy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 02:40 AM
Aceonfire
Connor McOiler

I really like Moulson, but it seems to me he is the product of Tavares. Malkin with Neal, Giroux with Hartnell etc... Gomez could probably score at least 10 goals if he played on the wing with Tavares.

Aceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 03:43 AM
ichabod13

Quote:
I love Krejci but trading Moulson leaves a huge hole in the roster. Without him we don't have a sniper.
moulson is a garbage collector, AND IN NO WAY, SHAPE OR FORM, SHOULD HE BE CONSIDERED A SNIPER.
when he shoots from 25 feet out, goalies laugh at him. but when he tips a puck or picks up a rebound, goalies usually take off their mask and get a drink of water after he scores.

calling matt moulson a "sniper" is just silliness at its best.

krejci would probably be a great fit at second line centre for long island, but id be a little hesitant to do this deal if i ran the looney bin called long island.

i think id do this deal but, man id have to think very long and hard about it.

ichabod13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 03:59 AM
Fist of Fury
Wang Chung

As much as I would hate to lose Moulson, I might have to approve this trade. After this we rob P.K. Subban from Montreal to keep Tavares happy. Oh yeah, not gonna happen.

NEXT->

Fist of Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 06:05 AM
bostone737

maybe, the bruins are in need of wingers, but NY probably have to add a pick

bostone737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 06:38 AM
Riddick

Quote:
in no world is moulson a "sniper"

Riddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 06:46 AM
nmbr_24

Moulson is a good player and for years I have thought he has been an underrated player, but Boston wouldn't do this deal.

Krejci is a far more important part to a team than Moulson. I am assuming that the idea is moving Seguin to center, but I have to ask, is Seguin at center and Moulson on the wing better in any way than Krejci at center and Seguin on the wing?

I don't see it.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 07:49 AM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

No way.

Not sure how well Moulson would fit into Boston, plus is DK was dealt I think a better player than Moulson could be had.

Big pass from Boston.

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 07:53 AM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

No thanks.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 08:04 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 526
I don't think Boston does this.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 08:08 AM
kasper11

Man, John Tavares must be the best player since Gretzky. Nobody else in the league can turn average players into perennial 30 goal scorers.

The past three years, Moulson is 11th in the NHL in goals. More than Burrows (who plays with both Sedins), more than Sharp (who plays with Toews), etc.

Why is it that other players get credit for being good, while anyone who plays with Tavares is just riding shotgun?

That being said, Krejci is better defensively, younger and plays center so he has more value. Still, the Isles need Moulson as much as they need a #2 center so I doubt they make the move.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 11:31 AM
Renbarg

I think Moulson is more of a sniper than a Ciccarelli/Parrish type. The fact of the matter is, Moulson scores most of his goals with his chest facing the goalie. No, he's not going to beat a goalie very often above the circles with a wrist or snap shot but he has a very good quick release that beats goalies quite often from faceoff dots in.

Its hard to classify him. I wouldn't call him a garbage collector, but he's also not a Kovalev type sniper.

Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 11:34 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

I could see us moving Krejci in the next couple of years but not this kind of trade, it would be for a D IMO

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote