HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012-13 Ticket Prices (Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
09-02-2012, 11:29 AM
trueblue9441

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierIsGod View Post
You are correct. There are no barstools in end rangers shoot 2x. That's the new Madison Club.
has nothing to do with the madison club. madison club is on a different level.

Old
09-03-2012, 08:44 AM
jhnyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty Hockey View Post
I'm hoping she is wrong ... I refused my assigned seats ($72), asked for $50 ones and she gave me five options: one was over $100, two were $72 and two pairs at $53 (one of which I took). Not particularly happy about it - 211 row 20 - but hoping for bar stools to open or, worst comes to worst, I figure if I have to suck it up a season (or half season, lockout likely and all) to eventually move to where I want so be it...
That's what I had to deal with too. I refused my $72 seats. (Everyone in my row was moved back to the $50 seats, and the rep for all of us had promised we'd be moved together. Didn't happen. One guy had his seats split up between rows.) She eventually offered me a pair in the $50s. I had 3 seats. But this was for 2. I had to take them, even though we're futher away from our Garden family. (Same section but opposite ends of the rows now.) Rep even apologized for losing a seat, saying "It's not in the Garden's interest to make you pay less!" Hopefully we'll be able to upgrade next offseason. I'm not happy with the situation, but it's the best that could be done considering who's running the place.

Old
09-12-2012, 09:27 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2014

new email out:

As a New York Rangers Season Subscriber, you are an integral part of the Blueshirts family!

As you may know, the National Hockey League and the National Hockey League Players' Association are currently engaged in the process of negotiating a successor Collective Bargaining Agreement to the current agreement which expires on September 15th, 2012. It is the League's objective to successfully conclude negotiations by between now and that expiration date.

During this process, we are committed to keeping you informed and rewarding you for your continued support. In the event that a new Agreement is not reached prior to the start of the 2012–13 regular season and a work stoppage occurs causing home regular season games to be cancelled and not re-scheduled, Season Subscribers will each have the option of either receiving a refund with interest on a monthly basis or choosing to keep money on account with interest. More specific details about refunds or credits will be shared at the appropriate time as necessary.

While we are hoping that a work stoppage does not occur, this plan has been developed to ensure that you, our loyal Season Subscribers, are protected.
We sincerely appreciate your loyalty and support of the Blueshirts. We look forward to seeing you soon at The Garden.

Sincerely,

Howard Jacobs
Executive Vice President, Teams Marketing and Sales
MSG Sports

Old
09-12-2012, 09:28 AM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Beat me to it, GG

09-12-2012, 09:31 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Beat me to it, GG
Well you beat me to it on the lockout thread

So yeah, they will pay you some interest on your payments. Like I said a few weeks ago, don't get too excited it won't be much!

Old
09-12-2012, 06:54 PM
ban

Any idea on when they are going to stop taking new payments? We are already in for about half the total price, are they going to keep charging our CC this month?

Old
09-12-2012, 07:58 PM
Rangers2319

Anyone know what the interest will be? Rumor was that ottawa was offering 5%, but then again thats in canada and we are in the USA where your lucky to get 1% for a risk free investment. Essentially this here is a risk free investment.

Old
09-13-2012, 08:47 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ban View Post
Any idea on when they are going to stop taking new payments? We are already in for about half the total price, are they going to keep charging our CC this month?
If a lockout is officially declared, no more payments are collected

Old
09-13-2012, 09:45 AM
patnyrnyg

I emailed the person I think is my new rep as Stephanie left. Saying I hope the refund is not simply returned to the card by which I made payment. I pay by credit card and pay off the balance each month. Really do not need to have a positive balance on my card with them owing me money. Would much rather get a check I can deposit into my checking account.

Old
09-13-2012, 09:47 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers2319 View Post
Anyone know what the interest will be? Rumor was that ottawa was offering 5%, but then again thats in canada and we are in the USA where your lucky to get 1% for a risk free investment. Essentially this here is a risk free investment.
I think last time it was 3% simple interest and only as a game was canceled. So, in October, they gave you 3% really 1/4% since the 3% is the annual rate on the october games. In november you got .25% on the october and november games. In december, you got .25% on the oct, nov, and dec games and so forth. So, basically nothing.

Old
09-13-2012, 03:08 PM
niinah

Made the first sale from my season tickets on Stubhub!
Despite the uncertainty, at least some people are optimistic (and pay way over face value for Flyers games )

Old
09-13-2012, 03:19 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by niinah View Post
Made the first sale from my season tickets on Stubhub!
Despite the uncertainty, at least some people are optimistic (and pay way over face value for Flyers games )
what?? when did this happen, I though stubhub wasn't allowing anyone to list until the lockout situation got resolved

Old
09-13-2012, 03:22 PM
niinah

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
what?? when did this happen, I though stubhub wasn't allowing anyone to list until the lockout situation got resolved
They treat all games the same way as playoff games: in case of cancellation the sale will be canceled.
I have not received the payment though since I don't have the pdfs to send. I see some sales have been made in the lower bowl in the past weeks.

Old
09-13-2012, 03:36 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by niinah View Post
They treat all games the same way as playoff games: in case of cancellation the sale will be canceled.
I have not received the payment though since I don't have the pdfs to send. I see some sales have been made in the lower bowl in the past weeks.
Well I can see that now, but the policy up to as recently as a week ago was no listings until the labor issue is resolved. The stupid alert didn't even work, half the "features" on stubhub are 100% useless

Old
09-13-2012, 03:46 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Well I can see that now, but the policy up to as recently as a week ago was no listings until the labor issue is resolved. The stupid alert didn't even work, half the "features" on stubhub are 100% useless
ive had my seats up for weeks already

Old
09-13-2012, 03:50 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
ive had my seats up for weeks already
do you have a more precise date on that. I've tried on several occasions in past weeks, last time may have been more than a week ago I don't remember exactly last time I checked

Old
09-13-2012, 04:04 PM
sbjnyc

Quote:
do you have a more precise date on that. I've tried on several occasions in past weeks, last time may have been more than a week ago I don't remember exactly last time I checked
I agree. I wasn't able to list my tickets even 2 weeks ago.

Old
09-13-2012, 04:42 PM
MessierIsGod

Quote:
My first sale on SH was 8/17.

Old
09-13-2012, 04:49 PM
Giacomin

I have had my seats up for a few weeks now. I only sold 1 game which was also the Flyers game 11/4. I have had a bunch of guys who bought games from me in the past asking for my list but I haven,t been motivated to put one out yet. Maybe after the 15th but this impending lockout is making me lose interest

Old
09-13-2012, 08:07 PM
Rangers2319

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
I think last time it was 3% simple interest and only as a game was canceled. So, in October, they gave you 3% really 1/4% since the 3% is the annual rate on the october games. In november you got .25% on the october and november games. In december, you got .25% on the oct, nov, and dec games and so forth. So, basically nothing.
Well it's better than getting 1% annual rate and receiving 1/4% of that

Old
09-13-2012, 10:46 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
You guys are lucky. The bruins are offering two different options. And in both cases they are making us continue to pay our monthly ST bill...even as games are cancelled.

The first option we get 3% apr back as games are cancelled each month. That is given in the form of a "credit" on our accounts. In this option we have to agree not to receive any monthly refunds and must keep all the money we have been paying on our account until next season. So they make a ridiculous killing on interest on our money and give us pennies at 3% APR. The only decent thing with this option is that they guarantee no price increase for the '13-'14 season.

The second option we only receive 1% APR. With this option we get to receive a refund each month as games are cancelled. However, as with option 1, they will continue to make us pay our monthly invoice- EVEN IF THE SEASON IS COMPLETELY LOST. With option two you are risking dealing with a price increase in '13-14.

Jeremy Jacobs is a complete GREEDY ******* CROOK.

09-13-2012, 10:56 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
You guys are lucky. The bruins are offering two different options. And in both cases they are making us continue to pay our monthly ST bill...even as games are cancelled.

The first option we get 3% apr back as games are cancelled each month. That is given in the form of a "credit" on our accounts. In this option we have to agree not to receive any monthly refunds and must keep all the money we have been paying on our account until next season. So they make a ridiculous killing on interest on our money and give us pennies at 3% APR. The only decent thing with this option is that they guarantee no price increase for the '13-'14 season.

The second option we only receive 1% APR. With this option we get to receive a refund each month as games are cancelled. However, as with option 1, they will continue to make us pay our monthly invoice- EVEN IF THE SEASON IS COMPLETELY LOST. With option two you are risking dealing with a price increase in '13-14.

Jeremy Jacobs is a complete GREEDY ******* CROOK.
If it makes you feel better Dolan's a complete ******* too. Take a look at our ticket prices this year if you want to laugh. My father's seats were $22 or something along those lines the year after the lockout. This year they're $53. So much for Gary Bettman's cost certainty will lead to cheaper ticket prices idea that he came out with after the last lockout.

09-13-2012, 11:06 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

We are at 48 hours...

Old
09-14-2012, 12:02 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
I emailed the person I think is my new rep as Stephanie left. Saying I hope the refund is not simply returned to the card by which I made payment. I pay by credit card and pay off the balance each month. Really do not need to have a positive balance on my card with them owing me money. Would much rather get a check I can deposit into my checking account.
If they insist on crediting your card, you can always call the credit card company and they will gladly send you a refund--they may even do it automatically (so they don't have to pay you any interest).

Old
09-14-2012, 12:03 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Are you sure? They did not mention anything either way in the email they sent a couple of days ago.

Closed Thread