HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston - Nashville

Old
09-13-2012, 02:40 PM
Bardizzy
What the Fox say?

vCash: 500
Boston - Nashville

With all these extensions Boston is giving to their younger players as I assume Lucic will get locked up soon as well I imagine, it is becoming apparent Krejci is and will be gone within the next year and I not like many other fellow Boston fans don't suspect any elite talent to be coming back in return. So, this is what I think would be a solid return for both fanbases.

To Boston: Patric Hornqvist, 2nd round pick, 4th round pick

To Nashville: David Krejci

Reason Nashville does this: Nashville does not have that #1 type centreman. (Yes! Krejci is a #1 centerman, just a bottom of the list type #1) Fisher would be better in a #2 or #3 center role.

Reason Boston does this: A winger, I highly doubt Boston resigns Horton due to past injuries but more so, Horton is in his prime and will want a raise and Boston just can't afford to do this.

Salary wise, Boston drops 2 mill while Nashville adds 2 mill. I feel, if IRL (In Real Life) this deal were to go down, it would happen at the end up this year.

So, what does everyone think of this deal, is it fair assuming you keep the cap in mind. Hornqvist would also be a RFA after this year so I would expect him to make around 4 mill ish maybe a bit higher.

Bardizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 02:44 PM
Suddenly7

I don't feel Boston fans will like to trade David Krejci. Though I think it's a overall fair deal if you change the 4th round to a good prospect.

Suddenly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 02:48 PM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

I like Krejci and I think the value is around the area but I think strength on the wings is a bigger issue for the Predators than center depth. Fisher - Legwand do a good job holding the fort down, I think the Preds need a more game breaking winger and trading Hornqvist would hurt then more ultimately.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 02:50 PM
Bardizzy
What the Fox say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly7 View Post
I don't feel Boston fans will like to trade David Krejci. Though I think it's a overall fair deal if you change the 4th round to a good prospect.
Trust me I was trying to add a D-prospect from Nash, more specifically, Roman Josi. I figured nash wouldn't trade either blum, ellis, or josi though.

All-in-all I did try to add a solid d-prospect but in the end I figured if I did Nash fans wouldn't like it, now I assume only Bruins fans wont like it (I am a Bruins fan btw)

Bardizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 02:51 PM
PayItForward

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post
I like Krejci and I think the value is around the area but I think strength on the wings is a bigger issue for the Predators than center depth. Fisher - Legwand do a good job holding the fort down, I think the Preds need a more game breaking winger and trading Hornqvist would hurt then more ultimately.
I full heartedly disagree. They have no one on their roster who really fits being a #1 center and that includes Fisher and Legwand. Both good players, but not nearly good enough offensively.

If they had a #1 center, then they would be making it a lot further during the post season -- especially when they had Suter, Weber and Rinne as a backbone.

PayItForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 03:02 PM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayItForward View Post
I full heartedly disagree. They have no one on their roster who really fits being a #1 center and that includes Fisher and Legwand. Both good players, but not nearly good enough offensively.

If they had a #1 center, then they would be making it a lot further during the post season -- especially when they had Suter, Weber and Rinne as a backbone.
Fair enough. I didn't find offense to be an issue last season as the Predators had a high GF average and the #1 ranked PP in the league (that Hornqvist was a big part of, btw). I think the issue in the playoffs was not having a true forward that could turn the tide of the game around (we thought it'd be Radulov but he wasn't). I personally don't find Krejci to be that guy (yes, yes I'm aware he led the playoffs in scoring two seasons back). I think that while Fisher - Legwand isn't the desired 1 - 2 punch down the middle, if one of them had a gamebreaking winger, the Predators would be stronger while still holding onto their leading goal scorer in Hornqvist.

I'd be more comfortable packaging Blum+ to get a #1 winger.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 03:34 PM
Dr Quincy

Bruins just aren't trading Krejci unless/until Seguin proves he can play C. Personally, I don't think he can handle it just yet.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 03:48 PM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

I like Hornqvist but it's not a move I would make. Don't really care about the picks, if the Bruins trade Krejci it's for a better winger/scorer, someone like Borry Ryan and yes the Bruins would add a little to get something like that done. Cap wise, we are fine especially after next season when Thomas comes off the books and Savard can still be placed on LTIR

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 04:11 PM
Hit the search party

how does signing the bruins core to contracts mean krejci is gone?

I'm sure chia knows what he's doing and krejci will be around for the foreseeable future.

Hit the search party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 04:13 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Done. No tradebacks.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 04:18 PM
PredaDORES
**** you Dale Tallon

Absolutely yes.

PredaDORES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 04:39 PM
rockinghockey

I wish EDM would get Krejci from BOS as he would be the perfect number 2C.

rockinghockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 04:40 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
Krejci is not being moved... Why is it apparent that he is? He led the team in scoring on our Stanley Cup run not only in the playoffs, but in the regular season too... (tied with Lucic) Seguin is in ABSOLUTELY NO rush to be moved to center. If Horton is having so much trouble, why not keep Krejci and keep Seguin at wing? Lucic-Krejci-Seguin play awesome together. He doesn't need to be a center... Almost all of our good forward prospects can play center and we have two number one centers.

If he is being moved, we need a first line winger or a top pairing defenseman. Nothing else. And a good one at that. Chiarelli just re-signed him, I don't think operation trade is commencing. I don't care if he's worth it or not, there is no reason to trade him. He's one of our leading scorers and he kills penalties in Claude's system. He's not an asset that's moved so we can move Seguin. If Seguin isn't good at center, then what? You have Chris Kelly or Peverley centering your second line. I'll pass on that.

Last edited by Dellstrom: 09-13-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 04:49 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

For the deal in the OP? Yeah I'd do it. If you start trying to add in Roman Josi I would hang up the phone. There is no way he is involved. Blum is questionable, but right now his value is pretty low.

I think Poile is content to stick with what he has going into the season (as usual), whenever that actually starts. Definitely don't see him willing to shill out a top six winger, a good prospect, and a pick at this point in time.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 05:28 PM
reffree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardizzy View Post
With all these extensions Boston is giving to their younger players as I assume Lucic will get locked up soon as well I imagine, it is becoming apparent Krejci is and will be gone within the next year and I not like many other fellow Boston fans don't suspect any elite talent to be coming back in return. So, this is what I think would be a solid return for both fanbases.

Reason Nashville does this: Nashville does not have that #1 type centreman. (Yes! Krejci is a #1 centerman, just a bottom of the list type #1) Fisher would be better in a #2 or #3 center role.

Reason Boston does this: A winger, I highly doubt Boston resigns Horton due to past injuries but more so, Horton is in his prime and will want a raise and Boston just can't afford to do this.

Salary wise, Boston drops 2 mill while Nashville adds 2 mill. I feel, if IRL (In Real Life) this deal were to go down, it would happen at the end up this year.

So, what does everyone think of this deal, is it fair assuming you keep the cap in mind. Hornqvist would also be a RFA after this year so I would expect him to make around 4 mill ish maybe a bit higher.
You know Krejci as his extension too?

reffree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 05:44 PM
PayItForward

Quote:
Originally Posted by reffree View Post
You know Krejci as his extension too?
I think their referring to him being traded due to Seguin improving and taking over the #1 center position, making Krejci expendable.

PayItForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 08:10 PM
tony d
Thanks for memories

Can see Boston possibly doing this but not Nashville so no deal.

09-13-2012, 08:12 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
Nashville takes the OP and runs.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
Why would we do this? For the 2nd and 4 th rounders? Boston doesn't even think twice and hangs up right away

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 10:48 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardizzy View Post

This deal looks like it makes Boston worse just to save $2 million. Unless there is some kind of salary reduction and the Bruins have no other way to get under the cap I just don't believe they would make a deal like this. I am pretty sure they just would keep the better player. They also get a couple of picks, I don't see it making the difference though.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 02:54 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
This deal looks like it makes Boston worse just to save $2 million. Unless there is some kind of salary reduction and the Bruins have no other way to get under the cap I just don't believe they would make a deal like this. I am pretty sure they just would keep the better player. They also get a couple of picks, I don't see it making the difference though.
Exactly, IMO if the Bruins have trouble with the cap because of the new CBA I think Krejci if he's the one dealt will end up in Anaheim for a package of prospects and not Ryan. I don't see the Preds being willing to deal their main prospects so I think it would kill any deal with them.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote