HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What's going on? Part 3

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-12-2012, 01:07 PM
  #451
jumptheshark
the burn out
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 52,916
vCash: 1000
it is funny hearing the talking heads scrambling to find things to fill time and kill time

__________________
not sure how--but the fish just jumped in the boat and put the hook in it's mouth
52299/14814
The twenty year rebuild is on!!! Embrace the suck
jumptheshark is offline  
Old
09-12-2012, 01:41 PM
  #452
pox
Registered User
 
pox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,409
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to pox
love the post show show

pox is offline  
Old
09-13-2012, 12:38 PM
  #453
JimmyHardFace
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 31
vCash: 500
I love Strudwick's show! The dude is funny late night sports radio was made for him.

JimmyHardFace is offline  
Old
09-13-2012, 04:07 PM
  #454
abootzky
Registered User
 
abootzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyHardFace View Post
I love Strudwick's show! The dude is funny. Late night sports radio was made for him.
I agree but Jason committed a major no-no last night by taking a call from Adil. Edmonton talk-radio listeners have been diving for the 'OFF' switch since the 1970's at the very first instant that voice hits the airwaves.

abootzky is offline  
Old
09-13-2012, 04:11 PM
  #455
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,284
vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by abootzky View Post
I agree but Jason committed a major no-no last night by taking a call from Adil. Edmonton talk-radio listeners have been diving for the 'OFF' switch since the 1970's at the very first instant that voice hits the airwaves.
They used to take his calls all the time.

At least Stauffer did.

Does he not anymore?

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
09-13-2012, 04:19 PM
  #456
abootzky
Registered User
 
abootzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
They used to take his calls all the time.

At least Stauffer did.

Does he not anymore?
Stauffer's on CHED now. How would I know?

Generally the rule on the TEAM seems to have been: the less popular the show, the more airtime Adil would be allowed to waste. Gregor's never taken his calls. Stauffer used to very occasionally. Bryn & Jake did too often ("Hello Breen! Hello Jake!"). Corey Graham did until Wil Fraser came aboard, then suddenly he didn't anymore (Gregor's influence). Stiffs like Tony Fiorillo & Ron Rimer gave him all the time he wanted every night they were on.

abootzky is offline  
Old
09-13-2012, 04:20 PM
  #457
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,344
vCash: 0
Who is this adil and why you guys being bullies?

joestevens29 is online now  
Old
09-13-2012, 04:36 PM
  #458
abootzky
Registered User
 
abootzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Who is this adil and why you guys being bullies?
Adil is Edmonton's longest serving, intentionally annoying/contrarian radio talk-show caller and also a perennial (very unsuccessful) candidate for city council.

I met him once (at a TEAM-sponsered Grey Cup party) and found him to be a very nice guy- in person. On the radio however, he's an absolute show-killer.

abootzky is offline  
Old
09-13-2012, 04:40 PM
  #459
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,344
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by abootzky View Post
Adil is Edmonton's longest serving, intentionally annoying/contrarian radio talk-show caller and also a perennial (very unsuccessful) candidate for city council.

I met him once (at a TEAM-sponsered Grey Cup party) and found him to be a very nice guy- in person. On the radio however, he's an absolute show-killer.
Well now I want to hear this guy, hope he calls in tonight I'll be sitting next to my radio.

joestevens29 is online now  
Old
09-13-2012, 04:57 PM
  #460
abootzky
Registered User
 
abootzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Well now I want to hear this guy, hope he calls in tonight I'll be sitting next to my radio.
Ask and you shall receive:

http://www.theteam1260.com/Episodes.aspx?PID=2615

(September 12th, Hour 3 starting at 38:10)

abootzky is offline  
Old
09-13-2012, 05:06 PM
  #461
CanadianCommie
Cold North Comrade
 
CanadianCommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sherwood Park, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abootzky View Post
Ask and you shall receive:

http://www.theteam1260.com/Episodes.aspx?PID=2615

(September 12th, Hour 3 starting at 38:10)
I had no idea who Adil was as I rarely pay attention to who the "regulars" are.

...I listened to it and now I remember this guy and holy cats I remember why he's irritating.

CanadianCommie is offline  
Old
09-13-2012, 05:44 PM
  #462
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.
 
Dorian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,668
vCash: 50
I kinda liked Adil.

I was always entertained by some of his comments

Dorian2 is offline  
Old
09-13-2012, 05:56 PM
  #463
mooseisloose11
Registered User
 
mooseisloose11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rita MacNeil's roll
Posts: 43
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
I kinda liked Adil.

I was always entertained by some of his comments
Wasnt there a few caracter callers in the 90s on different radio shows- maybe on Krock?

I faintly remember a couple- wasnt one a cranky old drunk guy or something and he used to hang up on the host at the end of his calls?

Adil is lame and Stauffer lets him go on his rants just for fun.

mooseisloose11 is offline  
Old
09-13-2012, 06:45 PM
  #464
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,284
vCash: 7000
So Bob, uh bob, um........you know...........Boob Gainey.............

He is a Habs fan and he would always call Bob Gainey- Boob Gainey.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
09-13-2012, 07:35 PM
  #465
JimmyHardFace
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 31
vCash: 500
I heard Adil's call haven't heard him in a while! I used to listen to the TEAM often before I moved to Vancouver for work. What happened to a bunch of the regular callers like Motor Sports Gord, Boom Boom Betty, Little Mike and Avry?

JimmyHardFace is offline  
Old
09-13-2012, 08:34 PM
  #466
AK Dandyman
Registered User
 
AK Dandyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
So Bob, uh bob, um........you know...........Boob Gainey.............

He is a Habs fan and he would always call Bob Gainey- Boob Gainey.


I remember listening to John Short when i was a kid, and he called every night, or at least every time i tuned in. I kept telling myself, John Short must be the most patience man in the world.

AK Dandyman is offline  
Old
09-13-2012, 08:46 PM
  #467
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,550
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Dandyman View Post


I remember listening to John Short when i was a kid, and he called every night, or at least every time i tuned in. I kept telling myself, John Short must be the most patience man in the world.
He really is, Mr. Short, apparently Adil had the audacity to bring John Short up with the human rights commission because John cut him off one evening.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline  
Old
09-13-2012, 11:07 PM
  #468
Kyle McMahon
Registered User
 
Kyle McMahon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Evil Empire
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,595
vCash: 500
Adil is an idiot. Bryn eventually banning him from the morning show sort of spelled the end of him being a common niusance on 1260, but sounds like he's reappeared. I used to hear him call in to CHED as well, and on every show not just sports. I've heard him on Calgary sports talk radio. I've heard him on the Bobby V Show on ESPN Radio at 3 in the morning. I could swear he has nothing better to do than call in radio stations and irritate hosts and listeners.

Kyle McMahon is offline  
Old
09-14-2012, 08:33 AM
  #469
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,344
vCash: 0
Whatever happened to daily doug?

joestevens29 is online now  
Old
09-14-2012, 02:37 PM
  #470
T-Funk
Registered User
 
T-Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 8,973
vCash: 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
Adil is an idiot. Bryn eventually banning him from the morning show sort of spelled the end of him being a common niusance on 1260, but sounds like he's reappeared. I used to hear him call in to CHED as well, and on every show not just sports. I've heard him on Calgary sports talk radio. I've heard him on the Bobby V Show on ESPN Radio at 3 in the morning. I could swear he has nothing better to do than call in radio stations and irritate hosts and listeners.
Yeah I kinda recalled hearing him in the past...and about 8 seconds into that replay linked above I had to turn it off and don't want to listen to 1260 for about a week now.

T-Funk is offline  
Old
09-14-2012, 02:54 PM
  #471
abootzky
Registered User
 
abootzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
Yeah I kinda recalled hearing him in the past...and about 8 seconds into that replay linked above I had to turn it off and don't want to listen to 1260 for about a week now.
I told you so. Those who said I was being a bully by bringing the subject of Adil up just don't understand.

abootzky is offline  
Old
09-15-2012, 12:00 PM
  #472
AK Dandyman
Registered User
 
AK Dandyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
He really is, Mr. Short, apparently Adil had the audacity to bring John Short up with the human rights commission because John cut him off one evening.
Are you serious!?

Wow. He complained about, John Short, the person who treated him with the most respects anybody has ever treated him on radio!?

What an idiotic thing to do.

John Short must have forgotten to read him his right on that one call: "Adil, you and everyone have the democratic rights to be wrong!"

AK Dandyman is offline  
Old
09-16-2012, 08:33 PM
  #473
Blogtalk Avry
Sports show host yo!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 20
vCash: 500
Adil on the Team is always a must listen call! I wonder if We hear him again on Strudwick's show though.

Blogtalk Avry is offline  
Old
09-16-2012, 08:40 PM
  #474
Tyrolean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Austria
Posts: 6,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
Adil is an idiot. Bryn eventually banning him from the morning show sort of spelled the end of him being a common niusance on 1260, but sounds like he's reappeared. I used to hear him call in to CHED as well, and on every show not just sports. I've heard him on Calgary sports talk radio. I've heard him on the Bobby V Show on ESPN Radio at 3 in the morning. I could swear he has nothing better to do than call in radio stations and irritate hosts and listeners.
The guy is an idiot for sure! Talks in his whiny voice about the Montreal Canadiens incessantly. No one here cares that much about the Habs, but he insists on talking about every detail. I wish he'd just move to Montreal, but they are lucky he isn't there.

Tyrolean is offline  
Old
09-16-2012, 08:59 PM
  #475
Philly85
Moody'
 
Philly85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 12,146
vCash: 500
lol Adil.

I've heard that guy on Bobby V on weekends at like 2am. Even Bobby sounded exasperated when he was taking his calls. of course heard him on the TEAM multiple times, back in the day it was usually on JAG w/ Jason Gregor and Fraser in the evenings. Spot on when people say he's the token contrarian. It was laughable actually. I found him entertaining at times too though. Overall however, it was incredibly annoying, has an awful voice on the radio as well, lol.

Philly85 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.