HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Ottawa 67s 2012-2013 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-03-2012, 07:02 PM
mapleleaf979

vCash: 500
Can someone tell me what they have seen from Dante Salituro so far? How is he fitting in so far? Give me a scouting report on him.

Old
09-03-2012, 08:29 PM
LeafsFIO

Salituro was the best center at training camp, although take that with a grain of salt because Monahan and Graovac were out. Holds onto the puck a bit much but he was great nonetheless. He was throwing and taking big hits like no tomorrow. Not nailing people, but just solid hits that will set a physical presence in real games. For someone his size that's huge. Great hockey sense. He is solid at both ends of the ice and outplayed Abou-Assaly easily. He has earned the 2A center position as of right now, but again, we'll wait until the top two centers return to pencil him into the lineup.

Old
09-04-2012, 07:09 AM
Crottenham

How has Duchesne looked so far?

Old
09-04-2012, 12:55 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsFIO View Post
Salituro was the best center at training camp, although take that with a grain of salt because Monahan and Graovac were out. Holds onto the puck a bit much but he was great nonetheless. He was throwing and taking big hits like no tomorrow. Not nailing people, but just solid hits that will set a physical presence in real games. For someone his size that's huge. Great hockey sense. He is solid at both ends of the ice and outplayed Abou-Assaly easily. He has earned the 2A center position as of right now, but again, we'll wait until the top two centers return to pencil him into the lineup.
Thanks for that. He is pretty stocky guy, 5-8 185 so he can handle the banging despite his height. It looks like he hit the weights all summer. Incredible release/accuracy on his shot. The best in the OHL draft i think.

Old
09-04-2012, 05:30 PM
vegas

Veterans

I hate do say it but I really think that the veterans on this team are abit to mediocre. We real don' t have anyone to play with Monahan and Janes and grovac are at most second line players , giftopoulos, Van stralen, Gustavsen,Walsh, are all third liners...Fielding is a waste for a fourth liner, if he isn't going to play defense in Ottawa then we should trade him. As for the rookies they seem talent by all reports but I am not yet convinced they should be on the first line , nor the imports who jave never playrd North American style hockey....we are gping to have to trade for a few talented wingers...I see us losing Janes and Grovac in order to rebuild for next year .

I remember the old days with Killer when the rookies at bes played on the third line..and always on the fourth...

Old
09-06-2012, 10:42 PM
NHL Fanatic

I heard Connor Brown has signed with the 67's

Old
09-07-2012, 06:43 AM
vegas

Who is connor brown anyways?

Old
09-07-2012, 06:55 AM
Arsenault

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas View Post
Who is connor brown anyways?
I believe this is a 94 Marlies, originally drafted by Erie and last year was drated by the Leafs in the 6th round (156 overall). Not sure why Erie would have dropped him. I understand he had a tough rookie season but beleive last year was a break out year for him. His size is an issue, still small for OHL (listed at 5'11 but they must have measured him with skates on). Good player however and should contribute significantly to the 67"s this year-assuming this is the right Connor Brown.

Old
09-07-2012, 07:39 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenault View Post
I believe this is a 94 Marlies, originally drafted by Erie and last year was drated by the Leafs in the 6th round (156 overall). Not sure why Erie would have dropped him. I understand he had a tough rookie season but beleive last year was a break out year for him. His size is an issue, still small for OHL (listed at 5'11 but they must have measured him with skates on). Good player however and should contribute significantly to the 67"s this year-assuming this is the right Connor Brown.
This is a different Connor Brown,the one drafted by the leafs is still in Erie

Old
09-07-2012, 10:18 AM
LeafsFIO

Connor Brown and Taylor Davis weren't outstanding at training camp so I'm surprised they made it but they were both solid and could contribute a bit. I think Brown, although a natural LW, will center the fourth line. We need a tough center for the 4th line and Brown brings toughness to the table. His fight with Shipley was pretty solid.

Anyways, who's heading to SF for tonight's game? Should be interesting, should be nasty, wondering if theres going to be any sort of political undertone turning this into a Quebec vs. Ontario sort of deal. Should be good nonetheless!

Old
09-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Canadian91

I think this weekend can be called a successful one judging by the results. Watched the first game on Rogers.. man did Callaghan ever rock that kid from Gatineau. Was out at the CCHL Showcase during the Rockland game so didn't hear much besides that we won. How was that one? Any better than the SMF game?

Old
09-13-2012, 07:10 PM
vegas

Final cuts and trades

So Nishi was let go, I sure hope he gets on with Gatineau..also I think we will end up keeping the two import wingers and letting Big C go to another team for a draft pick.....I also see Shipley and Fielding being moved as they really arent getting any better and we should make room and ice time for thenyouth movement......

Old
09-13-2012, 10:10 PM
EasternOntario Fan

Quote:
So Nishi was let go, I sure hope he gets on with Gatineau..also I think we will end up keeping the two import wingers and letting Big C go to another team for a draft pick.....I also see Shipley and Fielding being moved as they really arent getting any better and we should make room and ice time for thenyouth movement......
Hi. Can someone let me know how Abou Assaly has looked in pre season. Thank you in advance.

Old
09-14-2012, 08:41 AM
LeafsFIO

Abou-Assaly has been good but he gets knocked off the puck too easily. He still has a bit of a nasty side. He's a hybrid of Evander Kane and Nazem Kadri imo. He doesnt look like the best fit as a center because he looks a little lazy on the backcheck. Salituro is centering AAA's line though, which should work out fine. Looking for AAA-Salituro-Janes to be a line.

Old
09-14-2012, 10:52 AM
Taoiseach
Go Hull Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian91 View Post
man did Callaghan ever rock that kid from Gatineau.
Belding? He turtled so we'd get a five minute PP. You might notice that Callaghan was the only one to get a fighting major, and got thrown out. I really hope the dirty little (expletive) makes the team now! It's always great to have a shameless ****-disturber pest on the team.

Quote:
So Nishi was let go, I sure hope he gets on with Gatineau..
You don't know how badly I hope this happens.

Brassard is decent, but I really don't want to have to go with him until Christmas.

Old
09-15-2012, 01:48 PM
Marvelous Manked
Part Time Drag Queen

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taoiseach View Post
Belding? He turtled so we'd get a five minute PP. You might notice that Callaghan was the only one to get a fighting major, and got thrown out. I really hope the dirty little (expletive) makes the team now! It's always great to have a shameless ****-disturber pest on the team.

You don't know how badly I hope this happens.

Brassard is decent, but I really don't want to have to go with him until Christmas.
C'mon Taio, it's time to put your traditional hate for the 67s aside.

Callaghan is a great freaking defenceman, no doubt about it. Belding turtled because THAT'S the Gatineau thing nowadays. kidding, kind of.

Old
09-17-2012, 12:38 PM
Taoiseach
Go Hull Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
C'mon Taio, it's time to put your traditional hate for the 67s aside.
Traditional hate?! I grew up in Windsor, didn't care for the Spitfires, and started cheering for the 67's around the age of 6, mostly because of their amazing barberpole jerseys!

Having never been to a Hull/Ottawa game before, the two games the other weekend were the first time in my life that I actually cheered against the 67's.

Quote:
Callaghan is a great freaking defenceman, no doubt about it. Belding turtled because THAT'S the Gatineau thing nowadays.
That's hardly the Gatineau thing, unless we're talking about the standing last year... And I'll have you know that Belding beat the living hell out of some Cataracte the other night.

Quote:
kidding, kind of.

Old
09-17-2012, 06:12 PM
overtheboards

Nishi signed with gatineau today

Old
09-17-2012, 07:51 PM
Taoiseach
Go Hull Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtheboards View Post
Nishi signed with gatineau today
That he did!

Old
09-19-2012, 09:23 PM
FuriousSenator

Just bought tickets to the season opener tomorrow night. Any idea on crowd size?

Around 10 000 or so?

Old
09-23-2012, 08:38 AM
vegas

Saturdays game

Well I was at tne game last night and I saw some encouraging things and some bright spots about this new 67 team. I agree with Byrne when he said in the Sun that they will have to learn how to win differently because they don't have the goal scorers they had last year Yet...I would like to add to that and explain.

The top line is in obvious need of two wingers for Monahan...the guy is working his ass off and he is such a great leader...good on you Monahan for being such a great work horse..you will be rewarded in the draft.

His line mates are really trying hard Van Stralen looks good this years and Gus had a little less jump then I remember him having in the playoffs. They would work great together with Goavac in my mind.
So Byrne try to trade for some wingers for Monahan please...

The new kid line with AAA,Salitaro and Fielding looked surprisingly great, I loved their energy and I was really impressed the most by Salituro as a centre...great effort and the goals will start coming for both him and AAA who looks much better suited as a winger.

I must say Groavac has been quite silent lately and under achieving from what I expected....Gifto is playi g like a third liner and he does look better this year I would say 20 goals at most for him this year. Janes would be good trade bait to try and bring in a first line winger maybe package him and a young D desautel together for a winger.....

On the d side of things....Ceci looks even better then last year wow best player on ice so far this year for us, Cardwelll is the opposite...real disappointing star for him...focus man...

Callaghan looks solid and stay at home type duchesne looks so damn good out their this kid will be anothe Ceci for sure, V looks very solid and should be moving up on the depth chart for sure.

Guy was a surprise as a winger but would rather he played D some day...kid has wheels and hocket sense for sure....what a great future our d and forwards have in the years to come...but in order to solve things we really need two wingers....

Trade bait....Janes, Desautel, Giftoupoulus, maybe some high draft picks 2 nd round 2013

Hope the players read this and sorry if I miss spelled your names...Coach you are on the right track herekeep trying to get them to follow our new vision for this team....Prediction Kid line will be our second line by xmas.....
If you dont trade for wingers then maybe put Graovac , monahan and Gus together.

Janes- Gifto- Van Stralen
AAA-Salituro-Fielding
Euro-Brown-guy

Old
09-25-2012, 07:35 PM
OHLFan8771

I know Ryan Shipley is currently at home awaiting a trade, what kind of role can be expected of him to the team he is sent to? maybe 2nd line minutes on D or 3rd line minutes? Obviously the team he goes to makes a difference but just in general.

Old
09-26-2012, 05:33 AM
ottawah

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
I know Ryan Shipley is currently at home awaiting a trade, what kind of role can be expected of him to the team he is sent to? maybe 2nd line minutes on D or 3rd line minutes? Obviously the team he goes to makes a difference but just in general.
I'd think 3rd line at best unless its a pretty poor team. He did not show an awful lot in Ottawa over a few years. 1 goal, 1 assist in 95 shows no offensive skill, and his defense was suspect at best. Ottawa had a major problem on D in the playoffs last year and Shipley really was not used but sparingly. In fact, I even seem to remember him playing some at forward.

Seems like a good kid, but small with no offensive skill is not going to win you much of a chance in this league.

Old
09-26-2012, 05:29 PM
vegas

Shipley

He actually showed his best performance in his rookie year, but I don't believe there is a place for him, I mentioned that he should be traded before the season started so I wasn't surprised to see him gone.

This team really needs linemates for Monahan.....please do something Byrne now rather then later.

Old
10-06-2012, 06:01 PM
overtheboards

9 defencemen in the line up tonight

Closed Thread