HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Subban : Habs - Flyers talked.

Old
09-12-2012, 09:46 PM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
What a bunch of crap in the "Article". From speculating that the Flyers and Habs talked and got to specifics of mentioning names to the fact that the number of Cup banners and Hall of Fame players in Habs history would stop the Flyers from offering Subban a contract is just ludicrous.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 09:49 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
What a bunch of crap in the "Article". From speculating that the Flyers and Habs talked and got to specifics of mentioning names to the fact that the number of Cup banners and Hall of Fame players in Habs history would stop the Flyers from offering Subban a contract is just ludicrous.
Agreed. He's just making crap up mostly.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 11:15 PM
Soltantgris

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
Yes, because you have been in the locker room and know of all this bad blood in there right ? Please enough with the speculation, you don't know crap about what is truly going on in the room. I do know from CP himself that PK is well liked and CP considers him one of his best friends.
The only distraction, is from people like you, who invent crap.
I guess you missed the last 2 years. Im not bashing Subban, im confident he'll be a star, if not a superstar, but Subban IS a lockeroom distraction, for now. It could change, I thing it's just a matter of time, but for now, many players dislike his behavior, to much noises about it, and almost zero players stand up to defend him. And when im looking his on-ice selfish behavior, I question myself about him and the kind of teammate he must be.

And I do realy like Sean Couturier

Soltantgris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 11:21 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soltantgris View Post
I guess you missed the last 2 years. Im not bashing Subban, im confident he'll be a star, if not a superstar, but Subban IS a lockeroom distraction, for now. It could change, I thing it's just a matter of time, but for now, many players dislike his behavior, to much noises about it, and almost zero players stand up to defend him. And when im looking his on-ice selfish behavior, I question myself about him and the kind of teammate he must be.

But if this Ontario black kid was called Marc-Andre Gagne, he wouldn't be a "distraction" right? He gels just fine with his teammates (don't even try with the whole practice fights or the Gill/equipment thing). He's got a ways to go in controlling his emotions during the game but that comes with time.

Many players dislike his behaviour? Have you noticed that the only ones who spoke are from rival teams or ones that we played a lot? The rest are sheep and going off the same story that Richards and Lupul.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 11:22 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Wow you started off really well in your post and I was believing every word of it but where does this come from? I give this post a 1 out of a gazillion rating because of that last comment.

On ice selfish behavior? What?

Old
09-12-2012, 11:24 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Wow you started off really well in your post and I was believing every word of it but where does this come from? I give this post a 1 out of a gazillion rating because of that last comment.

On ice selfish behavior? What?
Probably talking about unnecessary penalties that he takes.

Old
09-12-2012, 11:55 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
He takes a high number of penalties due to the intensity in his game. Yes he's had some selfish ones, true, and he paid the price for them as the coaching staff has already benched him twice for it. But other than that, he plays on the edge, so it's a bit normal. Although from two seasons worth of watching him he's rarely put the team in trouble over it, and the team is the best if not one of in terms of penalty killing so it's not all that bad. In no way would I qualify his penalties as selfish though.

Old
09-13-2012, 01:04 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:

Can you really say he's selfish ? He's a warrior. He'd take a puck to the face and go score a goal after. That doesnt sound selfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
He takes a high number of penalties due to the intensity in his game. Yes he's had some selfish ones, true, and he paid the price for them as the coaching staff has already benched him twice for it. But other than that, he plays on the edge, so it's a bit normal. Although from two seasons worth of watching him he's rarely put the team in trouble over it, and the team is the best if not one of in terms of penalty killing so it's not all that bad. In no way would I qualify his penalties as selfish though.
Yep..awesome P.K....But the P.K. is Good because of P.K. also.

Without P.K. we fall down to emelin-gorges. Yikes.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 01:13 AM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Basically. Typical RDS looking to create a story.

I would imagine Bergevin gets calls on a regular basis about Pacioretty, Subban, Price, etc...other GMs wouldn't be doing their job otherwise.

Raymond completely forgets to mention that there is a lockout coming and it's probably the #1 reason why Subban isn't signed yet, or that several other players coming out of ELC are in the same boat.
Other than the impending lock-out, nothing much to write about. This kind of stories don't surprise me one bit. I think I'd me more surprised if there wasn't any speculations being printed anywhere.. Especially in this dead hockey period...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 07:30 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

I don't think his on ice play is selfish, but he needs to gain maturity and discipline on and off the ice, which is probably related to maturity. You don't want him to lose his exuberance but curb it a bit in different situation.

Bottom line, the negatives are pretty small but they get magnified a bit because the team crapped out last year. The positives is he has 76 points in 160 NHL games and was a +9 with tons of ice time in tough situations on a team that finished 29th last year. Signing him to a long extension should be a high priority.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 08:15 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I don't think his on ice play is selfish, but he needs to gain maturity and discipline on and off the ice, which is probably related to maturity. You don't want him to lose his exuberance but curb it a bit in different situation.

Bottom line, the negatives are pretty small but they get magnified a bit because the team crapped out last year. The positives is he has 76 points in 160 NHL games and was a +9 with tons of ice time in tough situations on a team that finished 29th last year. Signing him to a long extension should be a high priority.
Explain to me his immaturity off the ice. I know people that know him personally, so....lets hear how he's anymore mature than any other 22-23 year old in the league.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 09:44 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Explain to me his immaturity off the ice. I know people that know him personally, so....lets hear how he's anymore mature than any other 22-23 year old in the league.
The complaints teammates have had is showing up at the last minute to practise, leaving a mess, small things like taht that rub veterans the wrong way. On the ice the PIMs and at times making poor decisions(mostly the first 30-40 games both years) on ice.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 01:38 PM
CanadiensforLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I would do that trade but without Max Pac.
Seriously? You would trade Price? Who do we replace him with? Try to think before posting nonsense...

CanadiensforLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 02:40 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

PK is not going anywhere... period!

All this nonsense will stop once we get a CBA signed or we are in for a long winter of the most ridiculous threads in HF Boards history....god help us if that happens!!!!

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 09:39 PM
Soltantgris

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
This. I tought I was clear enought. 2 years in a row putting his team in trouble with ridiculus minors penality is not something to ignore. And another little thing, compare his celebration after a team mate goal, and after one of his own one.

Soltantgris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 10:08 PM
LaTenderness

Quote:
And another little thing, compare his celebration after a team mate goal, and after one of his own one.
Easy there fella! You're gonna pull something reaching like that.

It's just natural to celebrate your own goal more enthusiastically then a teammates and to say otherwise is ludicrous.

LaTenderness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 10:56 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

trade him and Pacioretty for Hartnell

it worked out before

(ie Desjardins & LeClair for Recchi)

christ

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 03:44 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
This. I tought I was clear enought. 2 years in a row putting his team in trouble with ridiculus minors penality is not something to ignore. And another little thing, compare his celebration after a team mate goal, and after one of his own one.
Okay now you're being either ridiculous or you're trolling.

Old
09-14-2012, 05:31 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 755
Quote:
You forgot to mention Subban missing the net 90 times out of 100 from the blue line, which caused twenty 2 on 1s and cost us 10 goals last year. And to disrespect the team that drafted him by exchanging his jersey with Skinner's during the all-star skills competition, he totally deserves to gtfo from Montreal.

Serious question here... Are you Bertrand Raymond?

Last edited by PhysicX: 09-14-2012 at 05:36 AM.
PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 08:28 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
The complaints teammates have had is showing up at the last minute to practise, leaving a mess, small things like taht that rub veterans the wrong way. On the ice the PIMs and at times making poor decisions(mostly the first 30-40 games both years) on ice.
Oh, so gossip.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 08:32 AM
axman88

it was around this time during the last lockout that a guy by the name of Eklund made it big....because he had so called "inside updates" on the lockout situation!

axman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 09:06 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
trade him and Pacioretty for Hartnell

it worked out before

(ie Desjardins & LeClair for Recchi)

christ
How dare you leave out Gilbert Dionne!!!

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 09:25 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
How dare you leave out Gilbert Dionne!!!
and Mark Lamb

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 10:16 AM
Ashley

Subban should've been re-signed a while ago.

Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 10:37 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

I wonder if Molson potentially having to pay locked out players is delaying this process at this point and clearly, if he does, Subban now becomes a prime target for an offer sheet.

Other players extended were before this came to light, or like Patches is still on a low salary for the upcoming season where as Subban has no salary the upcoming season.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote