HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Predators Talk Part II

View Poll Results: Random question: Which of these jerseys do you like?
Preds normal home jersey 25 52.08%
Preds normal away jersey 23 47.92%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
09-13-2012, 12:31 AM
predfan98

vCash: 500
Weber is not the players rep from Nashville, Leggy is.

Weber is simply an expensive face that the nhlpa has trotted around this summer in pr stunts. He's a union schill..... if he wants to be used, he's being used. it's not his money he is discussing.

If its okay for Mason, it's okay for Weber.

And Weber has something to prove to the fans, like others have said, after all the assorted crap this summer.

Old
09-13-2012, 05:56 AM
glenngineer

Does anyone think Weber is going to tank it on the ice when the season starts? He hasn't since he's been here and I seriously doubt he starts doing it. If as some of you have said, he has to prove it on the ice and he doesn't tank, will you come up with some phony stuff to keep the angst going or will it be over and we all move on? Guys who sign for that type of money aren't going to tank it on the ice.

Why would he be talking to Josi already if he didn't want to be here and trying to make the team better? Why would he have come in for the informal workouts too? If he was a guy going through the motions he would be doing the minimal amount to get by to fulfill his contract.

As others have pointed out, and you have the right to your opinion, he signed with Philly and yadda yadda, he has to prove it to you on the ice. That's totally fine.

I look at it as Weber and the Preds have said, it was business, nothing more, nothing less. I have plenty of faith in him once he steps out on the ice that he will represent Nashville, the team and the city as he always has.

Old
09-13-2012, 10:25 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
10:30 AM and yes, it is open to the public

FWIW, the coach you'll likely see out there with them is Shawn Allard, our skills coach. He's been a great addition to the team's coaching staff.
Doesn't look like anything is happening down here today. Dead as a door nail. Will hang around a little while and see if anyone shows up.

Old
09-13-2012, 11:56 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

JoshuaCooper ‏@JoshuaCooper

No practice at Centennial today. Expect the players back tomorrow

Old
09-13-2012, 12:12 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Tomorrow will be their last chance for an official practice, so they better take advantage.

Well... I guess they could practice Saturday if the lock out doesn't become official until the afternoon.

Old
09-13-2012, 12:17 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Does anyone think Weber is going to tank it on the ice when the season starts? He hasn't since he's been here and I seriously doubt he starts doing it. If as some of you have said, he has to prove it on the ice and he doesn't tank, will you come up with some phony stuff to keep the angst going or will it be over and we all move on? Guys who sign for that type of money aren't going to tank it on the ice.

Why would he be talking to Josi already if he didn't want to be here and trying to make the team better? Why would he have come in for the informal workouts too? If he was a guy going through the motions he would be doing the minimal amount to get by to fulfill his contract.

As others have pointed out, and you have the right to your opinion, he signed with Philly and yadda yadda, he has to prove it to you on the ice. That's totally fine.

I look at it as Weber and the Preds have said, it was business, nothing more, nothing less. I have plenty of faith in him once he steps out on the ice that he will represent Nashville, the team and the city as he always has.
Honestly, I don't understand all of the bitterness, but I guess if that's how people feel that's fine. He didn't sign with Philly. He signed an offer sheet not knowing whether or not Nashville would match, but having plenty of reason to believe they would. It isn't like he was obligated to do anything to benefit Nashville, and anyone who thinks that players screw over their teams by doing things like this must be absolutely livid with owners for their part in screwing over the players and the fans alike. The off season is a time for business. People are going to do their best to help themselves out. They have their own interests. Whenever the season begins is when I'll be judging Weber. If he phones it in now that he has his big contract I'll be right there with people being angry with him.

Old
09-13-2012, 03:59 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Guess thisguyknowsall really did know what he was talking about regarding Blum's contract. Ended up being a 2-way contract as stated. (It was probably DP in disguise)

Welcome back to the fold, Jon. Hope we get to see you this year.

Old
09-13-2012, 04:23 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Someone on the boards (neutral fan) proposed Hornqvist+2nd for Krejci. If only, if only....

Old
09-13-2012, 05:16 PM
Top 6 Spaling

I do alot of the mock GM games around here, and another one is starting up in the next few days. We need two more GMs, and Nashville is one of the open teams (along with others). If being the GM of a team with real HF users as your counterparts, making trades, and signing free agents sounds like fun to you, PM me and I'll get you hooked up.

Promise this is fun. Good distraction from the lockout. Each game only takes about a week, not there is no long term time commitment.

Old
09-14-2012, 10:28 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Andrei Kostitsyn has signed a full year's contract in the KHL for this season...

Old
09-14-2012, 10:36 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Andrei Kostitsyn has signed a full year's contract in the KHL for this season...
Busy day so far with the lockout coming tomorrow. AK to KHL, Lehtonen signed, Carlson signed, Abdelkader (4 years at 1.7...interesting) signed, etc.

Old
09-14-2012, 10:40 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Busy day so far with the lockout coming tomorrow. AK to KHL, Lehtonen signed, Carlson signed, Abdelkader (4 years at 1.7...interesting) signed, etc.
Looking like Doan to Vancouver may happen here soon as well.

Old
09-14-2012, 04:16 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Doan re-signs with PHX for 4 years.

Old
09-17-2012, 07:52 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
not surprising, but reading garths blog on HB it says that Josi is planning on playing in Switzerland during the lockout.... cant say I blame him since he doesnt have fat money to fall back on but I sure hope he doesnt get hurt...

Old
09-17-2012, 11:00 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

posting this here as well...

FYI Weber and most, all I heard, players attended a team, Brent Peterson's Charity Event, possibly, event tonight at the Bridge... But Weber doesnt care right? He hates Nashville! He would only go if he has to!

Sorry folks, Weber attended a team event tonight. What a terrible guy.

Last edited by CantbeatzPekka: 09-17-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Old
09-18-2012, 12:18 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantbeatzPekka View Post

FYI Weber and most, all I heard, players attended a team, Brent Peterson's Charity Event, possibly, event tonight at the Bridge... But Weber doesnt care right? He hates Nashville! He would only go if he has to!

there a difference between saying he's a terrible guy and viewing him with caution/suspicion until I see what he does on the ice... if he goes out there and plays like he always has, I'll be back on board with no concerns... but I want to see it on the ice first...

Old
09-18-2012, 11:11 AM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantbeatzPekka View Post

My problem is with his lack of loyalty compared to my financial commitment to the organization. For the past two years I've made considerable sacrifices to be a season ticket holder. I'll never make in a lifetime what he'll make in a signing bonus. As a fan, I contribute substantially to the organization for it's long term success. My commitment, and the communities commitment, pays Weber's salary.

I completely understand that folks need to take of themselves with respect to their careers. We all have to put a roof over our heads and feed our families. His decisions were not driven by a matter of financial need. He easily could have signed a 90 million dollar, NTC contract with the Predators without signing an offer sheet. Did he really have to squeeze another few million out of the process to make sure he could take care of his family? Absolutely not. He wants to win a cup, maybe live elsewhere, or play in a different organization. Whatever informed his decision, it wasn't financial necessity and it wasn't "just business".

I was naive to think that we were all in this together. I am on the 2/20 plan and locked in to another season. But I will not continue to give at the same level to an organization whose star players (Suter, Weber, Rads, & to a degree Tootoo) have no loyalty.

The Preds will still be my favorite team. I'll still watch nearly all of their games. But I won't drive two hours and spend $200 once a week to support their salaries. I'd rather spend my limited resources elsehwere.

Old
09-19-2012, 09:41 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Preds getting shredded over on the Business board as a result of the latest Tennessean hatchet job.

Old
09-19-2012, 10:12 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
Preds getting shredded over on the Business board as a result of the latest Tennessean hatchet job.
I'm glad somebody commented on that article with facts .... the city pays for the operation of the arena not for the team to play here. If the team disappears, the city ends up spending a lot more.

Old
09-19-2012, 10:38 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
I'm glad somebody commented on that article with facts .... the city pays for the operation of the arena not for the team to play here. If the team disappears, the city ends up spending a lot more.
Yeah...the article is very misleading, which is why I had to pull out some of those quotes. It constantly refers to the team receiving the subsidies which is not true.

As a side note, Edmonton is trying to get similar subsidies for their proposed new arena too.

Old
09-19-2012, 10:47 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Yeah...the article is very misleading, which is why I had to pull out some of those quotes. It constantly refers to the team receiving the subsidies which is not true.

As a side note, Edmonton is trying to get similar subsidies for their proposed new arena too.
The lease does refer to the payments made for arena operations as "subsidies" ... but it defines their purpose as well. They are intended to cover the city's portion of operating the city owned building and are capped under the current lease structure. Cass and co at the fishwrap are deliberately foolish to keep people reading.

Old
09-19-2012, 11:08 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
The lease does refer to the payments made for arena operations as "subsidies" ... but it defines their purpose as well. They are intended to cover the city's portion of operating the city owned building and are capped under the current lease structure. Cass and co at the fishwrap are deliberately foolish to keep people reading.
Yeah...the words "team" and "subsidies" are both very misleading if not untrue all together.

Old
09-19-2012, 11:19 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Yeah...the words "team" and "subsidies" are both very misleading if not untrue all together.
"Subsidy" is an accurate word to describe the city's way of paying for its share of arena operations and comes straight out of both the lease and budget. Where the paper makes a misleading association is saying the city subsidizes the team rather than subsidizing the operation of the arena .... two very different things.

Old
09-19-2012, 07:08 PM
SilasAdams

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
We are always getting shredded

Old
09-19-2012, 07:39 PM
braindead

Quote:
But the Preds missed a golden opportunity on the re-work to change the language. It's easy to throw stones when somebody leaves you a pile of them. The team can be tone deaf on these things at times.

Closed Thread