HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012/2013 Season Tickets Thread

Old
08-27-2012, 09:58 AM
Bud2790

vCash: 500
Well my buddies and I got a 10 game package...I just hope we get a season!

Bud2790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Clumsyhab

Anyone got the season tickets in the mail yet? For the last few years, they mailed them to me in the first week of September, but nothing this year yet. You guys think those tickets are printed yet or did they say eff that, we'll print them once we're sure that there will be a season?

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 05:07 PM
CLJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
Anyone got the season tickets in the mail yet? For the last few years, they mailed them to me in the first week of September, but nothing this year yet. You guys think those tickets are printed yet or did they say eff that, we'll print them once we're sure that there will be a season?
Not yet. Usually they come first week of September. A few weeks ago I asked my rep and he said they were planning to send out the first week of September. I am sure they are printed... but who knows... I am still surprised they never asked for playoff money last year.

CLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 06:01 PM
CLJ

Tickets arrived - all 5 preseason games, 41 regular season games and the tickets for 4 rounds of the playoffs were included. The playoff tickets being included was new - no prices on those though.

Big sticker on front of tickets suggesting not to distribute them. If there is a lockout and schedule is changed... they'll send us stickers to place over original tickets with new date, time, opponent.

Old
09-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
I received my season tickets 2 days ago. What pisses me off is that we had to pay for them upfront and now it looks like the season will not start anytime soon. Will they reimburse us as soon as the games are cancelled? Probably not, we'll have to wait until the season ends most likely...

Malakhov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 10:33 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov View Post
I received my season tickets 2 days ago. What pisses me off is that we had to pay for them upfront and now it looks like the season will not start anytime soon. Will they reimburse us as soon as the games are cancelled? Probably not, we'll have to wait until the season ends most likely...

Don't you simply get a credit for the following season? I don't have season tickets but from I've been hearing they simply put back the money in your account and you can use it going forward. Sucks for you guys to have to basically pay up front

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 10:50 AM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Don't you simply get a credit for the following season? I don't have season tickets but from I've been hearing they simply put back the money in your account and you can use it going forward. Sucks for you guys to have to basically pay up front
Yes but personally paying thousands upfront for an unsure season for it to end up in next year's season is pretty ridiculous, but that's just me, maybe others don't mind...

Malakhov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 11:43 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
I was really looking forward to this season because my company has a lodge and I get to go a few times a year with clients (who are mostly my buddies) all expenses paid. It would suck to miss out on that experience.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 02:56 PM
Clumsyhab

What would be funny is that full season is cancelled and they raise the price for next season. Then, even with this season's credit, we would have to pay extras for next season.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 05:22 PM
Coldplay
Courage

10-game pack holders - are we getting refunded for any missed games?

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 06:34 PM
psychonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
What would be funny is that full season is cancelled and they raise the price for next season. Then, even with this season's credit, we would have to pay extras for next season.
OUCH Now that would suck

psychonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2012, 08:46 PM
CLJ

Quote:

For games cancelled, you can keep the money in your account and receive a 3% rebate or have the money refunded on a monthly basis. Received an email from Molson today laying it all out.

Old
09-16-2012, 09:12 PM
psychonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLJ View Post
For games cancelled, you can keep the money in your account and receive a 3% rebate or have the money refunded on a monthly basis. Received an email from Molson today laying it all out.
Just got that email. Not sure what I will pick.

Old
09-16-2012, 09:26 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Pretty nice deal for Molson... Probably has the cash invested giving him 4% return. He's still making money off this lockout no doubt.

I wonder if people will not renew their season tickets due to the lockout.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 07:33 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Yes but personally paying thousands upfront for an unsure season for it to end up in next year's season is pretty ridiculous, but that's just me, maybe others don't mind...
Oh I agree with you, I would never pay that amount to begin with, I just cancelled my center ice package, 200$ imagine season tickets

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 09:21 AM
mikel85

Question 10 game pack Refund

Hi,
i purchased a 10 game pack like a month ago i was wondering when you will i get my refund its like 1100$ it would be fun to get that money back into my bank account?
did any of you guys called at bell center to know what they are going to on refunds?
cause i went yesterday to see the single game ticket and its written a message that its postponed until further notice so im wondering for 10games packs that are already sold whats gonna happen?

mikel85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2012, 10:22 AM
Madevilz

Would be a good idea to call them.

Madevilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 12:21 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonaut View Post
Just got that email. Not sure what I will pick.
Do you guys mind posting the email you received? I'm posting on many of the major market team's boards in order to compare what each team is offering it's STH"s individually.

Here is what I have been posting-

I'm just trying to compare what each team is offering their season ticket holders during the lockout. Most teams are offering two different options. One option usually offers a monthly refund on games missed during this lockout. The other option is usually, you let the team keep all money you have paid in for the '12-'13 season and you get a certain % APR on your account for money paid in towards the '13-'14 season. B's are offering 3%.

Just curious if you guys have been offered anything yet? If so, if someone has a email that shows the options, and they don't mind posting it, I'd appreciate it. This is the B's offer-

Quote:
Option #1: Loyalty Program

You may elect to earn a 3% APR credit on the ticket money for games missed. In electing this option all ticket money and credit from games missed must stay on account. By choosing this option you will be committing to renew your season tickets for the 2013-14 season and you will lock in a price freeze on your season tickets for the 2013-14 season.

Option #2: Monthly Refund

You may elect to earn a 1% APR credit on the ticket money for games missed and receive monthly refunds on the ticket money for games missed. Your 1% APR credit from games missed will stay on account.
Not surprisingly, they fail to mention in both options, that they are going to continue charging you for payments during the lockout...even though there is not sign of the season start date. I believe most teams are suspending payment. I'm just curious to find out exactly how many are. I have speculated that many of the more popular Canadian teams may not feel the need to make great offs to their ST bases. As they may feel they don't have the other major sports to condoned with that many US states with NHL teams have.

The Wild are suspending payments and offering the highest % APR return at 10%-

Quote:
September 17, 2012

Re: 9569XXX

Dear Buddy ,

The Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) between the NHL and the Players’ Association expired without a new agreement having been reached. As a result, the opening of training camps may be delayed and it is possible that games in the 2012-13 regular season may be cancelled. The Wild organization apologizes for the inconvenience this necessary action will cause our loyal fans.

Our relationship with you, a valued Season Ticket Holder, is very important to us, and we have put in place a program which we believe will allow you to add value to your investment with the Wild, even if games are missed.

Your remaining payments, due on October 15, November 15, December 14, and January 15, will not be charged until a new CBA agreement has been reached. Once the 2012-2013 season is confirmed, we will resume any remaining payment on the 15th of the following month.

Once a new CBA is agreed upon, you will receive a credit on your account for missed games, if any, plus 10% interest (APR) on the dollar value of tickets for those games once the funds in your season ticket account exceed the value of remaining scheduled games (that interest will be calculated on a daily basis between the date of the cancelled game and the date of the newly confirmed NHL season schedule). The ensuing credit on your account for the value of missed games and calculated interest can be applied toward future games, playoffs or subsequent season renewals.

If you find it necessary to forego the game credit and interest payment approach, we request that you contact your account representative to initiate the refund process for the value of any cancelled games which are not rescheduled. To allow for the possibility of rescheduled games, refunds will not begin until after the NHL has confirmed any cancelled games will not be rescheduled. Refunds will only be made once the funds in your season ticket account exceed the value of the remaining scheduled games.

As always, please feel free to contact , your Fan Relations Account Representative at with any questions or concerns you may have. In addition, we’ve produced an online FAQ document that you can access at www.wild.com/cbanews.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Xcel Energy Center!

Matt Majka

Chief Operating Officer

Minnesota Wild

09-22-2012, 06:36 AM
psychonaut

Sure but its in French. Maybe someone got it in English?

Cher détenteur de billets de saison,

La Ligue nationale de hockey a annoncé aujourd’hui qu’en l’absence d’une nouvelle convention collective entre la LNH et l’Association des joueurs de la LNH, elle n’avait d’autre choix que de décréter un lockout ce qui possiblement, pourrait retarder le début de la saison 2012-2013. Sachez que nous sommes les premiers déçus de la tournure des évènements et soyez assuré que nous vous tiendrons informé des développements à venir.

Advenant l’annulation de certains matchs, nous avons élaboré des procédures. Celles-ci ont été planifiées dans le but de faciliter les choses advenant une reprise rapide des activités à un moment ou un autre. C’est d’ailleurs la raison pour laquelle vous avez déjà reçu vos billets.

En ce qui concerne les sommes déjà versée pour vos billets, voici les options qui s'offrent à vous:

Option 1 : Crédit + Rabais de 3%
Les sommes déjà versées pour l’achat de vos billets de la saison 2012-2013 peuvent demeurer en crédit dans votre compte. Vous aurez ainsi droit à un rabais de 3% qui se calculera de la façon suivante : votre montant déjà payé (net des taxes) x 3% annuel rétroactif au 16 septembre 2012 et courant jusqu’à la prochaine facturation. Le crédit et le rabais accumulés pourront ensuite être appliqués à l’achat des matchs en séries éliminatoires et/ou au renouvellement de votre abonnement annuel.

Option 2 : Remboursements mensuels
Vous pouvez réclamer un remboursement mensuel pour tout match officiellement annulé par la LNH. Le remboursement sera effectué dans les 10 jours ouvrables suivant l’annonce de l’annulation. Par exemple, dans l’éventualité où la LNH décidait le 5 octobre d’annuler les matchs du mois d’octobre, nous vous rembourserions le montant des matchs d’octobre dans les 10 jours ouvrables suivant le 5 octobre.

Nous vous invitons à faire votre choix parmi les deux options proposées avant le 30 septembre. Vous pouvez le faire en accédant à votre compte en ligne en cliquant ici ou par courriel au département des ventes à sts@canadiens.com.

Nous sommes sincèrement désolés pour les désagréments que cette situation peut vous occasionner. Nous continuons d’espérer que cette situation se règle rapidement et nous vous remercions pour votre loyauté, votre compréhension et votre patience dans les circonstances. Pour toute question, n’hésitez pas à communiquer avec l’équipe des ventes au (514) 925-2353.

Merci beaucoup

Geoff Molson
Président du conseil d’administration et propriétaire

Pretty much a 3% credit for the next year or a monthly reimbursement.

Old
09-22-2012, 07:17 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Sure but its in French. Maybe someone got it in English?

Cher détenteur de billets de saison,

La Ligue nationale de hockey a annoncé aujourd’hui qu’en l’absence d’une nouvelle convention collective entre la LNH et l’Association des joueurs de la LNH, elle n’avait d’autre choix que de décréter un lockout ce qui possiblement, pourrait retarder le début de la saison 2012-2013. Sachez que nous sommes les premiers déçus de la tournure des évènements et soyez assuré que nous vous tiendrons informé des développements à venir.

Advenant l’annulation de certains matchs, nous avons élaboré des procédures. Celles-ci ont été planifiées dans le but de faciliter les choses advenant une reprise rapide des activités à un moment ou un autre. C’est d’ailleurs la raison pour laquelle vous avez déjà reçu vos billets.

En ce qui concerne les sommes déjà versée pour vos billets, voici les options qui s'offrent à vous:

Option 1 : Crédit + Rabais de 3%
Les sommes déjà versées pour l’achat de vos billets de la saison 2012-2013 peuvent demeurer en crédit dans votre compte. Vous aurez ainsi droit à un rabais de 3% qui se calculera de la façon suivante : votre montant déjà payé (net des taxes) x 3% annuel rétroactif au 16 septembre 2012 et courant jusqu’à la prochaine facturation. Le crédit et le rabais accumulés pourront ensuite être appliqués à l’achat des matchs en séries éliminatoires et/ou au renouvellement de votre abonnement annuel.

Option 2 : Remboursements mensuels
Vous pouvez réclamer un remboursement mensuel pour tout match officiellement annulé par la LNH. Le remboursement sera effectué dans les 10 jours ouvrables suivant l’annonce de l’annulation. Par exemple, dans l’éventualité où la LNH décidait le 5 octobre d’annuler les matchs du mois d’octobre, nous vous rembourserions le montant des matchs d’octobre dans les 10 jours ouvrables suivant le 5 octobre.

Nous vous invitons à faire votre choix parmi les deux options proposées avant le 30 septembre. Vous pouvez le faire en accédant à votre compte en ligne en cliquant ici ou par courriel au département des ventes à sts@canadiens.com.

Nous sommes sincèrement désolés pour les désagréments que cette situation peut vous occasionner. Nous continuons d’espérer que cette situation se règle rapidement et nous vous remercions pour votre loyauté, votre compréhension et votre patience dans les circonstances. Pour toute question, n’hésitez pas à communiquer avec l’équipe des ventes au (514) 925-2353.

Merci beaucoup

Geoff Molson
Président du conseil d’administration et propriétaire

Pretty much a 3% credit for the next year or a monthly reimbursement.
Do you guys have a payment plan? And if so, are they freezing payments during the lock out?

Looch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 10:51 PM
psychonaut

I payed everything up front this summer.

Old
09-24-2012, 03:00 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
I payed everything up front this summer.
Oh well. The biggest benefit most team can offer is suspending payments during the lockout. Which it seems that most are doing...except the B's.

Looch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 08:01 PM
BLONG7

So, if the season starts Nov 2nd...how soon before the single tix go on sale via the team website? Any guess?

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2012, 10:26 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
So, if the season starts Nov 2nd...how soon before the single tix go on sale via the team website? Any guess?
I would imagine first SAturday after the deal is signed and the schedule confirmed.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote